Why Do So Many White Americans Practically Hate Malcolm X?

I was just doing some reading on Malcolm X, and it appears that toward the very end of his life, he had a change of mind and heart… Which is good. As I said earlier on the thread, I have nothing against the man, I just disagree with his approach. But evidently he himself realized he had the wrong approach. His involvement with the Nation of Islam definitely put him on the wrong path...so good thing he had the wisdom to leave them.

Now that I know more about his childhood and life experiences, it's understandable that he had the mindset and views he did. I know that most here will disagree with this, and I'm sure a few will mock me for saying it… but as I was reading about him, I was thinking to myself… he definitely needed Jesus. It's sad that he was killed, because apparently his views were slowly but continually evolving (in the right direction)... so who knows what could have happened if he wasn't killed.

Malcolm X faced extreme hatred for his entire life which you ignore from whites because of his race. That's the entire problem with your assessment.

Did you not read what you were replying to? I just finished saying that I was reading about his background and childhood and that now I see why he has the mindset he had. I just finished basically saying that I sympathize with him, because of his childhood and life experiences, which led him to have the views that he had.

Your reply above shows that you quickly skimmed my post and assumed I said something other than what I actually said.

What do you have to say about the bigoted, racist and generally anti-black climate, at the time, that Malcolm X was born into in this country?

I'm against racism, I think it was ugly and wrong, and ignorant. That said, it's one thing to be a victim. It's another thing to stay a victim. Everyone has the ability to not live with a victim mindset. I'm not talking about Malcolm X here, I'm just speaking in general.

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth

2j1qvxx.jpg

Sorry to break it to you, Marc...but most whites don't know anything about MalcomX and don't care...
AND therein lies your PROBLEM for all to see,NO wonder Americans are ridiculed worldwide...I DISLIKE YOUR NAME "IMPURETRASH"....NO ONE IS TRASH GITIT

One of the perks of being an American is we don't have to care what the rest of the world thinks.
You should,we have a saying...be nice to folk on your way up,because you will meet them on the way down....Impure...steve

Why is every thread you start,
centered on race, hatred and white america?

There is no way, you do not,
recognize your own hatred and prejudices....
not possible, you are too intelligent

Why are you crying about this only when blacks start threads? OBTW this is the race and racism section. That might be why threads are centered on race. Now stop crying and if you see a person starting a thread about race in the sports section then complain.
Why are you crying about this only when blacks start threads? OBTW this is the race and racism section. That might be why threads are centered on race. Now stop crying and if you see a person starting a thread about race in the sports section then complain.
If I wanted to hear from an asshole, I'd fart.
Now Now Keepit

wrong again
I was just doing some reading on Malcolm X, and it appears that toward the very end of his life, he had a change of mind and heart… Which is good. As I said earlier on the thread, I have nothing against the man, I just disagree with his approach. But evidently he himself realized he had the wrong approach. His involvement with the Nation of Islam definitely put him on the wrong path...so good thing he had the wisdom to leave them.

Now that I know more about his childhood and life experiences, it's understandable that he had the mindset and views he did. I know that most here will disagree with this, and I'm sure a few will mock me for saying it… but as I was reading about him, I was thinking to myself… he definitely needed Jesus. It's sad that he was killed, because apparently his views were slowly but continually evolving (in the right direction)... so who knows what could have happened if he wasn't killed.

Malcolm X faced extreme hatred for his entire life which you ignore from whites because of his race. That's the entire problem with your assessment.

wrong again----the conflict in Malcolm's later life was the hatred against him
by the very same man who murdered him ------ELIJAH MUHUMMAD
-

I'm not wrong. The problem was the white racism he faced. You can't face that so in typical no class white trash fashion, you ignore the wrongs of whites to try putting things on blacks.

BS-----I read the writing of Malcolm X-----and the Idiot "SOUL ON ICE" --
by Eldridge Cleaver. I am far less clueless than are you. (I even talked to some INSIDERS on the murder of Malcolm X-----BLACK INSIDERS) I probably had all that stuff read by the time you were born
Now,Now irosie,you need not stoop too low,Lady...steve

What is it that he did that brings out the hatred of white people so?

He didn't kill anyone, he didn't steal from anyone, he didn't commit any crimes, in his life that he's known for as a Minister and thought-leader of his time.

All he did was speak the raw, unadulterated and unfiltered truth about the state of affairs in this country.

I suppose that's why so many whites couldn't stand him.

The truth shouldn't be an offense.

Did he NOT advocate for violence?

Were these items NOT what he believed and how then is this the truth?

"From his adoption of the Nation of Islam in 1952 until he broke with it in 1964, Malcolm X promoted the Nation's teachings. These included the beliefs:
  • that black people are the original people of the world[87]
  • that white people are "devils"[88]
  • that blacks are superior to whites, and
  • that the demise of the white race is imminent.[89]"
Was Malcolm X NOT a close friend of Fidel Castro?

"Fidel Castro also attended the Assembly, and Malcolm X met publicly with him as part of a welcoming committee of Harlem community leaders.[85] Castro was sufficiently impressed with Malcolm X to suggest a private meeting, and after two hours of talking, Castro invited Malcolm X to visit Cuba.[86]"

Gee, what's not to like?

What's more, this 2018. As has been said, the vast majority have not a clue as to who Malcolm X is nor do they care.

He didn't kill anyone, he didn't steal from anyone, he didn't commit any crimes, in his life that he's known for as a Minister and thought-leader of his time.

All he did was speak the raw, unadulterated and unfiltered truth about the state of affairs in this country.

"From his adoption of the Nation of Islam in 1952 until he broke with it in 1964, Malcolm X promoted the Nation's teachings. These included the beliefs:

"Fidel Castro also attended the Assembly, and Malcolm X met publicly with him as part of a welcoming committee of Harlem community leaders.[85] Castro was sufficiently impressed with Malcolm X to suggest a private meeting, and after two hours of talking, Castro invited Malcolm X to visit Cuba.[86]"

Gee, what's not to like?

What's more, this 2018. As has been said, the vast majority have not a clue as to who Malcolm X is nor do they care.
Trump is GUILTY,the Ruskies have vision of his WEIRD(their words) Sexual Practices(God knows what they are)filmed in a Hotel in Russia,the Guy is about as Low as you can Go

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Gee, what's not to like?

Didn't whites establish this country with the belief they were superior, they were the orginal people, they were gods chosen and that blacks were the devil?

When X advocated violence as you claim what was healking about fighting? Can you answer these questions or are you a pissy little racist white prick?

Because white racism has never been non violent.

Gee, what's not to like?

Didn't whites establish this country with the belief they were superior, they were the orginal people, they were gods chosen and that blacks were the devil?

When X advocated violence as you claim what was healking about fighting? Can you answer these questions or are you a pissy little racist white prick?

It all started with the Pilgrim Fathers on the Mayflower,who came to America,not because they we persecuted BUT because they were the Persecuters(the English and Europeans were fed up with Burning Witches and the like and had moved on from the dour Medieval Practices of this Cult.

Nothing really has changed in America,Has It

steve

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Gee, what's not to like?

It all started with the Pilgrim Fathers on the Mayflower,who came to America,not because they we persecuted BUT because they were the Persecuters(the English and Europeans were fed up with Burning Witches and the like and had moved on from the dour Medieval Practices of this Cult.

steve

There is a lot of truth in what you just said.

Gee, what's not to like?

no-----the issue for the European explorers from related far more to the
superiority of CHRISTIANITY----than to a "race" issue. In that sense
they were virtually IDENTICAL to the imperialists of GREECE, ROME,
AND ARABIA who sought to control and IMPOSE their "cultures" widely.
Try to grow a brain

Gee, what's not to like?

steve

no truth at all-------the idiot idea that the PILGRIMS came to the USA
so that they COULD BURN WITCHES----is kinda equal to a charge that
blacks from the south migrated north so they could be come pimps like
Malcolm X

A lot of rightwingers misquote Brother Minister Malcolm X.

This is where they get a lot of it from...

I don't generally do wings just because I think they're a laughable paradigm, but out of curiosity which quotes are you referencing? There's a lot of specific tenor in his speaking engagments and other various newspaper intervies.

What do you have to say about the bigoted, racist and generally anti-black climate, at the time, that Malcolm X was born into in this country?

I'm against racism, I think it was ugly and wrong, and ignorant. That said, it's one thing to be a victim. It's another thing to stay a victim. Everyone has the ability to not live with a victim mindset. I'm not talking about Malcolm X here, I'm just speaking in general.

It is one thing to say you are against racism. It is another to repeat silly memes like people staying victims. If you want to look for a victim mindset look at whites. Tell whites abut this so called victims mentality. We descend from people who have endured one of the most brutal atrocities in world history. So we are VICTORS and the fact we still fight racism doesn't mean we live with some silly made up by a white boy victims mentality.

Gee, what's not to like?

steve

no truth at all-------the idiot idea that the PILGRIMS came to the USA
so that they COULD BURN WITCHES----is kinda equal to a charge that
blacks from the south migrated north so they could be come pimps like
Malcolm X

That's stupid. :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

I don't really think you understand how the movement operated.

Sure, I do. I've seen it first hand in modern activism. It's actually the reason I had to leave libertarianism as a political movement. It's such a large tent and full of conflicting, often counterproductive political action. Heck, some of the folks who identified as libertarian were some of the worst tyrants I've ever been around in the various meetups.

Did you not read what you were replying to? I just finished saying that I was reading about his background and childhood and that now I see why he has the mindset he had. I just finished basically saying that I sympathize with him, because of his childhood and life experiences, which led him to have the views that he had.

Your reply above shows that you quickly skimmed my post and assumed I said something other than what I actually said.

No. It means I read your entire post where you said not one word in condemnation of the white racism he faced his entire life.

I don't really think you understand how the movement operated.

Sure, I do. I've seen it first hand in modern activism. It's actually the reason I had to leave libertarianism as a political movement. It's such a large tent and full of conflicting, often counterproductive political action. Heck, some of the folks who identified as libertarian were some of the worst tyrants I've ever been around in the various meetups.

No you actually don't.

Forum List

Back