Why do White people in America only identify with the term American but nothing else?

So you have African Americans, Native Americans, Mexican Americans, or Asian Americans etc. But White people in America seems to be the outkast? Can someone help me understand this?

This is very simple.....Whites ASSIMILATED. They came here because they didn't want to be Irish, French, German, etc... and became AMERICANS .

So you have African Americans, Native Americans, Mexican Americans, or Asian Americans etc. But White people in America seems to be the outkast? Can someone help me understand this?

This is very simple.....Whites ASSIMILATED. They came here because they didn't want to be Irish, French, German, etc... and became AMERICANS .
So why do they still call themselves by hyphenated names?

Niger
4 ENTRIES FOUND:
  1. Niger
  2. Niger-Congo
  3. niger seed
  4. niger-seed oil

Niger
geographical name Ni·ger \ˈnī-jər, nē-ˈzher\
Definition of NIGER
river 2600 miles (4184 kilometers) W Africa flowing from Fouta Djallon NE, SE, & S into Gulf of Guinea
country W Africa; a republic, until 1958 a territory of French West Africa ∗Niamey area 459,073 square miles (1,188,999 square kilometers), pop15,000,000
Ni·ger·ien \ˌnī-ˌjir-ē-ˈen, nē-ˈzher-ē-ən\ adjective or noun
Ni·ger·ois \ˌnē-zhər-ˈwä, -zher-\ noun

Definition of NEGRO
sometimes offensive
: a member of a race of humankind native to Africa and classified according to physical features (as dark skin pigmentation)
Negro adjective, sometimes offensive
ne·groid \ˈnē-ˌgrȯid\ adjective or noun often capitalizedsometimes offensive
Ne·gro·ness \-grō-nəs\ noun, sometimes offensive
See Negro defined for English-language learners
See Negro defined for kids
Origin of NEGRO
Spanish or Portuguese, from negro black, from Latin nigr-, niger
First Known Use: 1555
Negro
geographical name Ne·gro \ˈnā-(ˌ)grō, ˈne-\
Definition of NEGRO
river 400 miles (640 kilometers) S cen Argentina flowing E into the Atlantic
river 1400 miles (2253 kilometers) E Colombia & N Brazil flowing into the Amazon
river 434 miles (698 kilometers) cen Uruguay flowing SW into Uruguay River
external.jpg
Negro

noun Ne·gro \ˈnē-(ˌ)grō\ (Medical Dictionary)
plural
Negroes
Medical Definition of NEGRO
sometimes offensive : a member of a race of humankind native to Africa and classified according to physical features (as dark skin pigmentation)

I'll continue to use the Merriam-Webster dictionary if you don't mind...or even if you do mind.

Niger
4 ENTRIES FOUND:
  1. Niger
  2. Niger-Congo
  3. niger seed
  4. niger-seed oil

Niger
geographical name Ni·ger \ˈnī-jər, nē-ˈzher\
Definition of NIGER
river 2600 miles (4184 kilometers) W Africa flowing from Fouta Djallon NE, SE, & S into Gulf of Guinea
country W Africa; a republic, until 1958 a territory of French West Africa ∗Niamey area 459,073 square miles (1,188,999 square kilometers), pop15,000,000
Ni·ger·ien \ˌnī-ˌjir-ē-ˈen, nē-ˈzher-ē-ən\ adjective or noun
Ni·ger·ois \ˌnē-zhər-ˈwä, -zher-\ noun

Definition of NEGRO
sometimes offensive
: a member of a race of humankind native to Africa and classified according to physical features (as dark skin pigmentation)
Negro adjective, sometimes offensive
ne·groid \ˈnē-ˌgrȯid\ adjective or noun often capitalizedsometimes offensive
Ne·gro·ness \-grō-nəs\ noun, sometimes offensive
See Negro defined for English-language learners
Origin of NEGRO
First Known Use: 1555
Negro
geographical name Ne·gro \ˈnā-(ˌ)grō, ˈne-\
Definition of NEGRO
river 400 miles (640 kilometers) S cen Argentina flowing E into the Atlantic
river 1400 miles (2253 kilometers) E Colombia & N Brazil flowing into the Amazon
river 434 miles (698 kilometers) cen Uruguay flowing SW into Uruguay River
external.jpg
Negro

noun Ne·gro \ˈnē-(ˌ)grō\ (Medical Dictionary)
plural
Negroes
Medical Definition of NEGRO
sometimes offensive : a member of a race of humankind native to Africa and classified according to physical features (as dark skin pigmentation)

I'll continue to use the Merriam-Webster dictionary if you don't mind...or even if you do mind.
Yeah I know all that. Why did you post that?

"Origin of NEGRO
First Known Use: 1555"

Yeah I know all that. Why did you post that?

"Origin of NEGRO
First Known Use: 1555"

Because I wanted to...why do you post all your bullshit?

Who did whites assimilate with?

If you think that's in agreement with you...good. What the hell difference does it make? You're still and American. You have NOTHING to do with Africa/forward slash.

If you think that's in agreement with you...good. What the hell difference does it make? You're still and American. You have NOTHING to do with Africa/forward slash.
Yes I have everything to do with Africa. I'm a African in america.

Did anyone answer this question yet? I think it's a pretty straight forward question

They don't. Are there organizations/clubs, etc designated for "heritage" Americans? Sure. By and large the vast majority of whites don't go around calling themselves xxxx-American. Some do, but most don't and certainly not to the extent that blacks call themselves African American.

They don't. Are there organizations/clubs, etc designated for "heritage" Americans? Sure. By and large the vast majority of whites don't go around calling themselves xxxx-American. Some do, but most don't and certainly not to the extent that blacks call themselves African American.
They do. If they didnt then they wouldnt name their clubs hyphenated names. We call ourselves African American for cultural and heritage reasons too. You are just focused on Blacks doing it because it bugs you. Too bad.

Forum List

Back