Why do you vote for your side?

Oh Ernie. Ima gonna name you TWO things.

Beat McCain/Palin. Thank God.. Beat what's his name? You know, that fake guy from Mass. His running mate was Howdy Dooty. Oh I got it. Mittens Romney. He beat Mitt.

There you go ernie. Two things Obama and his gang have done right. Or to the right. Whatever.

Yes he is a great campaigner, no one is denying that. It's sad the good speech is more influential then a good resume.

No circle. What is sad is that the aforementioned Repubs were the best the Repubs could offer in a Presidential contest.

Just think circle. If the republicans had offered any decent candidate, we wouldn't have ever had an Obama.

and If the Democrats had offered any decent candidate, we wouldn't have ever had an Obama also.....

When I grew up, my mother was a strong democrat and my father was a strong republican. I can't stand either of the parties today, I think they are both shadows of their former glory. I voted democrat up until Clinton, I did not vote for Clinton the 2nd time. Now I either vote 3rd party or write in "none of the above"

yea i hear ya.....Clinton was the last major party guy i voted for.....this Century its been all 3rd party guys.......

As far as I am concerned I see no real difference between the DFL or GOP. Both parties are self serving money whores with no real interest in a functional compromising government. Both are pandering to extreme viewpoints and are puppets to special interests and Super PACs.

Fuck em both. I vote Libertarian, which is the closest to my true viewpoints.

:thup:

Christie republicans are a dime a dozen, liberal on social issues and moderately conservative in fiscal issues. It's no big deal. Democrats believe in dope smoking, forcing women to hire someone to kill the baby they created regardless of the woman's psychological or physical welfare, in your face predatory homosexuals at the expense of the psychological welfare of young boys and lastly the liberal interpretation of the 1st and 2nd amendment. Democrats also believe in government control over the production and manufacture of goods and services.

Democrats believe in dope smoking

so do a lot of Republicans.....

When I grew up, my mother was a strong democrat and my father was a strong republican. I can't stand either of the parties today, I think they are both shadows of their former glory. I voted democrat up until Clinton, I did not vote for Clinton the 2nd time. Now I either vote 3rd party or write in "none of the above"

Close to what I think. I still vote democrat thinking they'll do something decent now and then. A "working man's a fool voting for a republican" still holds for me.

but what if the Republicans are for the guys industry and the Democrats are going to cut it?....why should he vote Democrat?....

Yes he is a great campaigner, no one is denying that. It's sad the good speech is more influential then a good resume.

No circle. What is sad is that the aforementioned Repubs were the best the Repubs could offer in a Presidential contest.

Just think circle. If the republicans had offered any decent candidate, we wouldn't have ever had an Obama.

and If the Democrats had offered any decent candidate, we wouldn't have ever had an Obama also.....

That is what I would expect you to say. The candidate you supported lost the election.
How you Repubs could pick someone that would loose to Obama is a mystery. Hell at one point there was a Republican candidate I would have voted for. The gov who was former ambassador to China, what's his name with the good looking daughters. Right wing fanatics hated him. I liked him. Go figure. You all came up with John and Sarah and Mittens and Howdy Dooty.
Thanks a lot.

[/B]

That is what I would expect you to say. The candidate you supported lost the election.
How you Repubs could pick someone that would loose to Obama is a mystery. Hell at one point there was a Republican candidate I would have voted for. The gov who was former ambassador to China, what's his name with the good looking daughters. Right wing fanatics hated him. I liked him. Go figure. You all came up with John and Sarah and Mittens and Howdy Dooty.
Thanks a lot.

sorry i did not support either one of those losers....and i must be a good little Republican when i have said i dont know how many times that the party should go straight to hell.....maybe you had me mistaken for some right wing fucker here.....you better check....

Why do I vote Democratic?

Because I believe in everything they stand for, except I would build the Keystone pipeline.

I would like to have a civilized discussion, but on this board I'm guessing the trolls will be out by the end of the first page. Please tell me why you vote republican or democrat, and I'm looking for pro party reasons, not anti-the other party propaganda.

I'll start, I'm a 23 year old white male who just graduated from a liberal arts college in Virginia (born and raised) and will be moving to Colorado in 3 weeks.

I've always voted republican for these reasons

1) I was raised republican by my father, I would lying if I denied my upbringing as a conservative has not influenced my voting

2) I believe in a smaller federal government , I personally believe that the federal governments should be kept as small as possible. I'll never understand why a bunch of big wigs in the New England and Washington make decisions and regulations that severely affect places like Kentucky or Oregon. Let Kentucky run Kentucky the ways it's people like and let Colorado run Colorado they way it's people like. The federal government should only be used for Nation wide infrastructure and defense.

3) I don't care about most social issues, Abortion, gay marriage, religion, weed, I personally don't care about any of it and wish that the government would stay out of it completely. I smoke weed on a regular bases in Virginia, so legalizing doesn't really change anything for me. I'm not gay, but I've had a gay roommate since sophomore year in college, I've never seen him be discriminated against and he has no intention of marrying so i couldn't care less about those issues. As for abortion I don't like the idea of killing a helpless child, but if i got my girlfriend pregnant tomorrow and the day after pill doesn't work, then ill be thanking the Lord for abortions.
Personally i think economic issues are much more important then social issues so they really don't sway my votes.

4) I feel that I am realistic about helping the poor, There will always be poor people, every society that has ever existed, that has a population of over 1000 people has had different classes. Yes we have poor people, we will always have poor people. I don't believe in taking from rich and giving to the poor, because in the end you end with everyone being poor.
The only thing that we can do is to raise the standard of living to the point that being poor doesn't matter and give the lower classes the opportunity to climb the ladder. I believe the best way to raise the standard of living is through technology and the best way to develop technology is with profit incentives, so mark be down as pro-business anti-regulation.

So what are your reasons?
My reasons for not voting is the realization that elections in America are a fraud, and I just made a speech describing that in great detail:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you vote for your side?

Because voting for the other side seems somewhat counter productive.

Christie republicans are a dime a dozen, liberal on social issues and moderately conservative in fiscal issues. It's no big deal. Democrats believe in dope smoking, forcing women to hire someone to kill the baby they created regardless of the woman's psychological or physical welfare, in your face predatory homosexuals at the expense of the psychological welfare of young boys and lastly the liberal interpretation of the 1st and 2nd amendment. Democrats also believe in government control over the production and manufacture of goods and services.

I'd admit that some republicans approve of dope smoking but it is a democrat party sub-issue to encourage the passage of liberal drug use laws.

Why do I vote Democratic?

Because I believe in everything they stand for, except I would build the Keystone pipeline.

IOW you don't really give a shit that democrats stand for hand-outs over hand-ups, illegal immigration over legal immigration, failure over success, pissing our money away over letting the owners keep their assets, enslaving people rather than embracing liberty, supporting wars against drugs and fear even though they claim not to, killing Americans without trial rather than bringing them to trial, supporting indefinite imprisonment without trial while claiming the opposite, ...

IOW you don't really give a shit about anyone but yourself.

I'd admit that some republicans approve of dope smoking but it is a democrat party sub-issue to encourage the passage of liberal drug use laws.

there are more than you think.....the ones telling you they dont?.....a good deal of them do.....

Probably so, presuming by "drug use laws" you mean cannabis rather than "drugs" (and since you refer to "smoking" that assumption is inevitable).

And that's because such laws mandating private behaviour are by definition anti-Liberal, and Liberals are by tradition more likely to be in the DP than in the RP, though as Harry just correctly noted, they certainly populate the latter as well.

There are two things that the far left does not want regulated or controlled by the government and that is voting and pot.

Voting is because they can cheat and win elections, can't cheat in elections if it is regulated and controlled.

And of course Pot as they are old hippies and don't know any better. :)

[/B]

Thanks a lot.

Jon Huntsman.

Fully agree, I would have voted for him too if given the option.
In fact I did vote for him in the state primary here, but by then the gesture was flaccidly symbolic. But I voted for Ralph Nader in 2000 to make the same statement.

The machine makes sure we don't have a lot of options between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. One does what one can but it's a drop in the bucket.

Last edited:
There are two things that the far left does not want regulated or controlled by the government and that is voting and pot.

Voting is because they can cheat and win elections, can't cheat in elections if it is regulated and controlled.

And of course Pot as they are old hippies and don't know any better. :)

Which utterly ignores the social engineering aspect of such bullshit laws -- which were after all sold on abject fallacy and racism and are completely indefensible and always have been.

Guess that's too inconvenient to address.

Forum List

Back