Why does anybody think concealed carry is a good idea?

Eggboxes

Rookie
Dec 29, 2014
Letting people carry guns in public will obviously lead to more people using guns in public.

Conservatives generally have this idea that they're secretly action heroes and could totally stop a crime they happen to see by themselves with one well placed bullet. That we have trained professionals for that, it's illegal for a regular citizen to do what they have in mind, almost all crime situations don't require deadly force to be resolved, the carrier is most likely utterly untrained for that kind of thing, and the carrier is almost guaranteed to be in public with lots of innocent bystanders around don't really seem to factor in.

What the fuck is wrong with people trying to defend themselves against lowlife scumbags...
How dare they be allowed to go home to their families.
What are they thinking....

How dare they...

Impotent little Mighty Mouse wannabes who don't have the balls to open carry and just aching for the excuse to blast the life outta some uppity darkie in a hoodie.

All looking to earn their Mighty Mouse patch.

mighty-mouse_zpsb401d228.jpg

I dunno. Instead of Lefties screaming at Righties and Righties screaming at Lefties, I have an idea.

Let's talk about the actual topic.

Is concealed carry necessary? Why do some states have it?

That could be a good starting point.

Think about it.

I dunno. Instead of Lefties screaming at Righties and Righties screaming at Lefties, I have an idea.

Think about it.
Because they are right wing nutjobs

Letting people carry guns in public will obviously lead to more people using guns in public.
That is in fact not what has happened, IN FACT use of firearms murder and violent crimes has gone DOWN as more and more States authorize concealed carry and open carry. You gun grabbers have been making that same tired claim for years and it has never been true.

Impotent little Mighty Mouse wannabes who don't have the balls to open carry and just aching for the excuse to blast the life outta some uppity darkie in a hoodie.

All looking to earn their Mighty Mouse patch.

mighty-mouse_zpsb401d228.jpg

Are you insane?
Don't people need to get a permit to conceal carry?
Just to be able to get the local police department to issue a carry permit is almost impossible to get.
Do you really think it's a personal choice to be able to carry a gun concealed or open.
It's not a matter of being a pussy...It's what the permit allows an individual to do.

You guys are off the wall.

Liberals ...they are going to kill this country.

Studies have shown that for each 1% of the population that actually concealed carries a weapon, there is a 2% drop in violent crime.....as time goes on and criminals are stopped by people actually carrying weapons, violent personal attacks drop....

That is one reason....also, women using guns to defend themselves have the best chance of stopping stranger rape, and most likely suffer less injureis during those attacks....

There are 1.6 million defensive gun uses each year on average, most take place in the home, but more than a few take place with concealed carriers....that is 1.6 million times a violent criminal attack is stopped an a life is saved...

How about that....

That is in fact not what has happened, IN FACT use of firearms murder and violent crimes has gone DOWN as more and more States authorize concealed carry and open carry. You gun grabbers have been making that same tired claim for years and it has never been true.

Factual arguments are confusing to liberals, bad bad.

Exactly....more people are buying, owning and carrying guns.....and despite warnings from anti gunners....the violent crime rate, the gun murder rate, keeps going down, not up....

Also, studies show that as a group, people who concealed carry are more law abiding than the average citizen and even more law abiding than police officers.....

Think about it.

There are also Left Wing Nut Jobs out there.

But that still doesn't address the actual issue, n'est ce pas?

Is concealed carry necessary, and what does it accomplish?

Think about it.

Well anecdotal evidence is that more concealed carry, less crime. Same with open carry.

Think about it.

Well anecdotal evidence is that more concealed carry, less crime. Same with open carry.
If crime was the concern we'd need to take that into account.

Forum List

Back