Why does the left hate our religion?

Blinds argument is predicated upon a theory that the earth is believed to be 6000 years old. very few Christians hold to that theory seeing as the creation story in genesis reveals the water being parted and the land already existing. also the Hebrew language used when God promised not to flood the earth again alludes to the earth being flooded more than once which could have accounted for the extinction of the dinosaurs. that argument aside it is foolish to assume that carbon dating which dates rock formations as older than the trees they are on top of is some kind of valid means of dating.

that being said Christianity is hated for the same reason that all governments and religions are hated, rules go against wants. in a society that upholds freedom and democracy the odds are in favor of the public freely choosing societal suicide by the removal of moral laws and social norms. both of which are subject to interpretation for the short term and more favorably interpreted with foreknowledge evaluating historical trends and future possibilities. Christianity hinders the want and in a society that rewards the wanters Christianity will be put to the wayside.

Radiocarbon dating only dates the remains of living creatures, not rocks. Furthermore, my mentioning of the various authors of the books of the Bible ignoring the fossil record is because they were ignorant of the fossil record when they wrote the books. It really had nothing to do with the silly notion that the Earth is mere 6000 years old.

The only people that I've seen with the 'silly notion' that the Earth is only 6,000 years old are atheists such as yourself.

Sure Newby, except you're the one who mention it here.

Um no, that would be you, in the quote that I posted. :cuckoo:

I was wrong. It was Mr. President who brought that silly notion into the discussion. My apologies.......

Progressives despise Christianity because Christians have ALWAYS stood fast against human rights violations, no matter how convoluted and bizarre the law becomes. Christians will die before they recant, they will die before they offer up their children to the state, and they will die before they support any ideology that forces them to act against the will of God.

Progressives hate that, because they are always pushing for more depraved lifestyles and legalized murder.
yet Reagan derided Carter over basing human rights, and placing it in terms of doing business with other countries, on his Christian views.

[QUOTE="EdwardBaiamonte, post: 10133084, member: 34008"... Christ created civilization on earth and is still the source of civilization ...
The dark ages would more accurately be called the Age of Christianity. It was the time when the Christian church, at that time the Catholic church, was all powerful It's the time when "witches" were burned at the stake. Cats were slaughtered, thinking they had something to do with Satan, which led to an over-population of mice and rats, which led to the plague. The ancient greeks knew the earth was round, the Christians didn't because it wasn't in the bible.

To use Christianity and civilized in the same sentence is, well. just wrong, and almost obscene. Read about Hypatia, a female mathematician in ancient Alexandria. She was mutilated by a mob of Christians. Thank you Jesus. But they had brothels, so it's ok I guess.

How many years ago was that?

And do you have proof?

BTW, the "Dark" part of the dark ages was dark because Christianity wasn't established, and the roman empire had withdrawn.

Enlightenment came as the Word was spread among the people, and as the church increased it's influence...bringing education and a more sophisticated (and yes, civilized) social structure to the people.[/QUOTE]
yes, Bruce the liberal thinker wants to condemn all humans at all times in human history because they were not created perfectly.

Civilization existed long before Christ,

yes dear we know the Jews existed before Christ but it was Christ that captured the soul of western civilization and drove it forward toward the civilization w eknow today. Get it now. Feel slow?

So you were lying when you said this:
Indeed, Christ created civilization on earth

dear you clean forgot to say what the lie is and why it is a lie. Slow?

... Christ created civilization on earth and is still the source of civilization ...
The dark ages would more accurately be called the Age of Christianity. It was the time when the Christian church, at that time the Catholic church, was all powerful It's the time when "witches" were burned at the stake. Cats were slaughtered, thinking they had something to do with Satan, which led to an over-population of mice and rats, which led to the plague. The ancient greeks knew the earth was round, the Christians didn't because it wasn't in the bible.

To use Christianity and civilized in the same sentence is, well. just wrong, and almost obscene. Read about Hypatia, a female mathematician in ancient Alexandria. She was mutilated by a mob of Christians. Thank you Jesus. But they had brothels, so it's ok I guess.

Last edited:
Before Christ there was Rome with its absence of family, whore houses on every corner, and blood sport Coliseum. After Christ there was the 10 commandments and the marital vow to love, honor, obey, and cherish your family.

Indeed, Christ created civilization on earth and is still the source of civilization but sadly a liberal will lack the IQ to understand and so fear Christianity more than Islam even when Islam has vowed to cut our heads off while we are still alive.

God gave MOSES the Ten commandments, not Jesus. Moses was WAY before Jesus. How can you be a follower of a religion that you don't even have the knowledge of it's inception? And I'm agnostic.

[QUOTE="EdwardBaiamonte, post: 10133084, member: 34008"... Christ created civilization on earth and is still the source of civilization ...

How many years ago was that?

And do you have proof?

BTW, the "Dark" part of the dark ages was dark because Christianity wasn't established, and the roman empire had withdrawn.

Enlightenment came as the Word was spread among the people, and as the church increased it's influence...bringing education and a more sophisticated (and yes, civilized) social structure to the people.[/QUOTE]

This post is so bereft of historical accuracy that I can only assume you have almost no history education. Go read and then come back and we can talk...

Before Christ there was Rome with its absence of family, whore houses on every corner, and blood sport Coliseum. After Christ there was the 10 commandments and the marital vow to love, honor, obey, and cherish your family.

Indeed, Christ created civilization on earth and is still the source of civilization but sadly a liberal will lack the IQ to understand and so fear Christianity more than Islam even when Islam has vowed to cut our heads off while we are still alive.

Because the far left has their own religion which is far more dangerous than ISIS..

I don't have any religion; what religion do you think I have? I think you might worship at the altar of the Strawman...

CMM:

An argument can be made that the health and welfare of all citizens is good for each individual...

That's your religion, and you're willing to force that belief via government control on those in society that don't agree with you. Using that little comment, there's nothing that you can't force on the individual for 'their own good'. Far more dangerous than any religion I know of.

I've missed you, Newby.

Government isn't my religion. I don't have a religion. Unless you mean that I worship the Constitution? I don't worship it, but I do revere it.

Government control is control by We the People, not some tyranny, but a democratic republic. It's called law. Other such laws forbid murder, theft, rape, child abuse, etc. for each individual's own good. Is that government control? If each individual citizen has access to affordable medical care, that is good for the nation and for our civilization and therefore good for each individual. Those elected to represent we the people did what the majority wanted and it has been deemed constitutional. Don't like it? Then convince the majority to vote to change it.

The Ten Commandments appear in the Old Testament.

If I disagreed I will pay you $10,000. Bet or run away admitting by doing so that as a typical liberal you lack the IQ to be here.

Dude, you're an idiot. The Ten Commandments are in the old testament and were given to Moses. Calling other people idiots for telling you the truth doesn't negate your stupidity. Why don't you do what most Christians don't do and READ THE BIBLE.

"After Christ there was the 10 Commandments..."

Hard to imagine why anyone hates Christianity. Ya ever heard of Judaism?

Forum List

Back