CDZ Why don't American, so called, "feminists" go after the hijab...an actual symbol of oppression....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So....#metoo....what about #ditchthehijab?

UCF Muslim Student Calls for Expulsion of Student Who Declined To Wear Hijab

Nonetheless, on World Hijab Day non-Muslim women all over the country wore hijabs in solidarity with Muslim women who are supposedly plagued by “Islamophobic” harassment.

But where was their concern for Aqsa Parvez?

Her Muslim father choked her to death with her hijab after she refused to wear it.

Or for Aqsa and Amina Muse Ali, a Christian woman in Somalia whom Muslims murdered because she wasn’t wearing a hijab?

They showed no concern for the 40 women who were murdered in Iraq in 2007 for not wearing the hijab; or for Alya Al-Safar, whose Muslim cousin threatened to kill her and harm her family because she stopped wearing the hijab in Britain; or for Amira Osman Hamid, who faced whipping in Sudan for refusing to wear the hijab; or for the Egyptian girl, also named Amira, who committed suicide after being brutalized by her family for refusing to wear the hijab; or for the Muslim and non-Muslim teachers at the Islamic College of South Australia who were told they had to wear the hijab or be fired; or for the women in Chechnya whom police shot with paintballs because they weren’t wearing hijab; or for the women in Chechnya who were threatened by men with automatic rifles for not wearing hijab; or for the elementary school teachers in Tunisia who were threatened with death for not wearing hijab; or for the Syrian schoolgirls who were forbidden to go to schoolunless they wore hijab; or for the women in Gaza whom Hamas has forced to wear hijab; or for the women in Iran who protested against the regime, even before the recent uprising, by daring to take off their hijabs; or for the women in London whom Muslim thugs threatened to murder if they didn’t wear hijab; or for the anonymous young Muslim woman who doffed her hijab outside her home and started living a double life in fear of her parents; or for the fifteen girls in Saudi Arabia who were killed when the religious police wouldn’t let them leave their burning school building because they had taken off their hijabs in their all-female environment; or for the girl in Italy whose mother shaved her head for not wearing hijab; or for all the other women and girls who have been killed or threatened, or who live in fear for daring not to wear the hijab.

Who is standing in solidarity with them?

Not Western feminists.
They showed no concern for the 40 women who were murdered in Iraq in 2007 for not wearing the hijab...
Who are 'they'?

So....#metoo....what about #ditchthehijab?

UCF Muslim Student Calls for Expulsion of Student Who Declined To Wear Hijab

Nonetheless, on World Hijab Day non-Muslim women all over the country wore hijabs in solidarity with Muslim women who are supposedly plagued by “Islamophobic” harassment.

But where was their concern for Aqsa Parvez?

Her Muslim father choked her to death with her hijab after she refused to wear it.

Or for Aqsa and Amina Muse Ali, a Christian woman in Somalia whom Muslims murdered because she wasn’t wearing a hijab?

They showed no concern for the 40 women who were murdered in Iraq in 2007 for not wearing the hijab; or for Alya Al-Safar, whose Muslim cousin threatened to kill her and harm her family because she stopped wearing the hijab in Britain; or for Amira Osman Hamid, who faced whipping in Sudan for refusing to wear the hijab; or for the Egyptian girl, also named Amira, who committed suicide after being brutalized by her family for refusing to wear the hijab; or for the Muslim and non-Muslim teachers at the Islamic College of South Australia who were told they had to wear the hijab or be fired; or for the women in Chechnya whom police shot with paintballs because they weren’t wearing hijab; or for the women in Chechnya who were threatened by men with automatic rifles for not wearing hijab; or for the elementary school teachers in Tunisia who were threatened with death for not wearing hijab; or for the Syrian schoolgirls who were forbidden to go to schoolunless they wore hijab; or for the women in Gaza whom Hamas has forced to wear hijab; or for the women in Iran who protested against the regime, even before the recent uprising, by daring to take off their hijabs; or for the women in London whom Muslim thugs threatened to murder if they didn’t wear hijab; or for the anonymous young Muslim woman who doffed her hijab outside her home and started living a double life in fear of her parents; or for the fifteen girls in Saudi Arabia who were killed when the religious police wouldn’t let them leave their burning school building because they had taken off their hijabs in their all-female environment; or for the girl in Italy whose mother shaved her head for not wearing hijab; or for all the other women and girls who have been killed or threatened, or who live in fear for daring not to wear the hijab.

Who is standing in solidarity with them?

Not Western feminists.

Your understanding of the tradition is incorrect.

Muslim men wear head covers as do the Amish. For mainstream American religions, it's about remaining humble before God.

You can get into what men in theocracies believe, but that has little to do with the United States.

Gggg
Women who wear that thing have no sympathy from me if they continue to put it on...specifically if they are here in the USA.
Gracie is true red,white and blue. Our nation was founded on the idea of “liberty” and “ natural rights.”
That would include the liberty to wear a hijab if one chooses yes?
Optimum words there being, “...if one chooses.”

Feminists like Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton worked to improve the rights of women around the world. They were openly mocked for it by Conservatives

Conservatives only care about banning hijabs
Clinton’s taking $$$$ for their Foundation from nations like Saudi Arabia really advanced women’s rights. Sure. :auiqs.jpg:

I remember when Catholic women wore veils to church as a symbol of faith
But for a Muslim to do so is offensive
There is a bit of a difference between a Catholic woman choosing to wear a veil to church, and a Muslim woman having to wear a hijab/burqa everywhere.

For crap's sake, come on. This is what I talk about - how far the Left will go to spin and deflect for that religion. And then they get angry when it's just pointed out.
Aren’t you assuming all or even most Muslim women are forced to? What is the difference between a Muslim woman wearing a hijab and a Jewish woman wearing a head covering everywhere?
Please Coyote...please. Women in the Muslim world are forced to have their clit cut out at 13 and are forced to wear hijab. Where is the rest of Islamic world to complain and advocate for change? Let’s protest at the Haj to Mecca? What would happen to us?
Depends on where you are in the Muslim world. FGM is not limited to the Muslim world nor does it occur in all Muslim countries. Many groups are fighting to end it in the countries where it occurs. This is the fight we should support rather then wholesale trashing of a religion.
When you defend Islam you defend this practice.

I remember when Catholic women wore veils to church as a symbol of faith
But for a Muslim to do so is offensive
There is a bit of a difference between a Catholic woman choosing to wear a veil to church, and a Muslim woman having to wear a hijab/burqa everywhere.

For crap's sake, come on. This is what I talk about - how far the Left will go to spin and deflect for that religion. And then they get angry when it's just pointed out.
Aren’t you assuming all or even most Muslim women are forced to? What is the difference between a Muslim woman wearing a hijab and a Jewish woman wearing a head covering everywhere?
Please Coyote...please. Women in the Muslim world are forced to have their clit cut out at 13 and are forced to wear hijab. Where is the rest of Islamic world to complain and advocate for change? Let’s protest at the Haj to Mecca? What would happen to us?
Depends on where you are in the Muslim world. FGM is not limited to the Muslim world nor does it occur in all Muslim countries. Many groups are fighting to end it in the countries where it occurs. This is the fight we should support rather then wholesale trashing of a religion.
When you defend Islam you defend this practice.
Christians in Africa burn “witches”....is defending Christianity against broadbrush attacks thus defending the killing of such people?

Gggg
Women who wear that thing have no sympathy from me if they continue to put it on...specifically if they are here in the USA.
Gracie is true red,white and blue. Our nation was founded on the idea of “liberty” and “ natural rights.”
Exactly. But Islam in this country or for that matter the West is no different than any other religion in that regard. Even in many Muslim majority countries. As someone else already pointed out with a picture from Egypt showing women without hijab. I am sure there is coercion within cultures, the more traditional and conservative and religious they are the less freedom a woman has to choose. Family and community can exert tremendous pressure. You find that among the orthodox and Hasidic Jews, conservative Christian sects, Amish, Mennonite, certain Morman sects.

If one chooses goes beyond Muslim communities. I oppose any religious coercion, including Muslim, but I am not going to broadbrush an entire religion in this country based upon the behaviors of some.

The answer is that Islam is a higher priority on their Oppressed/Oppressor scale than women's rights.

Or gay rights.

Yup, shows up right on time.

Here's the thing. It's not our place to dictate their culture.

Now, if they break the laws of this country in this country, I'm all for throwing the book at them.

In their own countries, guess what, that's the culture. Whether it's called a Hijab or an Abaya or a Chador or a Bhurka.

Hey, in this country, it's against the law for a woman to expose her nipples, but not a man. What a bunch of sexists we are!!!

Or we just have a cultural norm that you wouldn't find on, let's say, a French beach.

Yes, you are 100% in support of the oppression of women as long as it arises from the primitive cultures of those you do not consider white and Western.

Gggg
Exactly. But Islam in this country or for that matter the West is no different than any other religion in that regard. Even in many Muslim majority countries. As someone else already pointed out with a picture from Egypt showing women without hijab. I am sure there is coercion within cultures, the more traditional and conservative and religious they are the less freedom a woman has to choose. Family and community can exert tremendous pressure. You find that among the orthodox and Hasidic Jews, conservative Christian sects, Amish, Mennonite, certain Morman sects.

If one chooses goes beyond Muslim communities. I oppose any religious coercion, including Muslim, but I am not going to broadbrush an entire religion in this country based upon the behaviors of some.

No, there is no other Religion that covers their women like this...How would we identify this person?..What form of ID should she have?..Should she be able to drive like this?..What would be on her drivers license?:dunno:

sa31_full1.jpg

Last edited:
And, its idiots like rightwinger that help keep muslim women "hidden". There are more of like him than most realize..hence the continuing problem for muslim women.
Muslim women are not hidden

I see them in public all the time...just like I see orthodox Jewish women and the Amish who dress to comply with their religion

Jewish and Amish women aren't fully covered and unidentifiable Not all, but lots of them, walk around in Dearborn.. ..Moron:slap:

Most Muslim women wear a headscarf.....similar to what a Jewish or Amish woman would to respect their religion
If they choose to wear a full burka......it is their choice

And, its idiots like rightwinger that help keep muslim women "hidden". There are more of like him than most realize..hence the continuing problem for muslim women.
Muslim women are not hidden

I see them in public all the time...just like I see orthodox Jewish women and the Amish who dress to comply with their religion

Jewish and Amish women aren't fully covered and unidentifiable Not all, but lots of them, walk around in Dearborn.. ..Moron:slap:

Most Muslim women wear a headscarf.....similar to what a Jewish or Amish woman would to respect their religion
If they choose to wear a full burka......it is their choice
Walk around Dearborn ..you have no idea what you're talking about nutter....Answer my questions..How would you identify a fully covered women?

The answer is that Islam is a higher priority on their Oppressed/Oppressor scale than women's rights.

Or gay rights.

Yup, shows up right on time.

Here's the thing. It's not our place to dictate their culture.

Now, if they break the laws of this country in this country, I'm all for throwing the book at them.

In their own countries, guess what, that's the culture. Whether it's called a Hijab or an Abaya or a Chador or a Bhurka.

Hey, in this country, it's against the law for a woman to expose her nipples, but not a man. What a bunch of sexists we are!!!

Or we just have a cultural norm that you wouldn't find on, let's say, a French beach.

Yes, you are 100% in support of the oppression of women as long as it arises from the primitive cultures of those you do not consider white and Western.
Or they're at least willing to spin and deflect and attack for it, because they "feel" some kind of responsibility to do so.

That ol' "Oppressed/Oppressor" ledger must be honored.

But the rest the of the time, oh, they care, they really care!

:laugh:

Gggg

No, there is no other Religion that covers their women like this...How would we identify this person?..What form of ID should she have?..Should she be able to drive like this?..What would be on her drivers license?:dunno:

sa31_full1.jpg
That is a burka not hijab. Only some countries use it. It isnt even a requirenent of Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back