Why Flynn's testimony & plea for immunity are important...

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
It was to be expected that the first round of Flynn's lawyers asking for immunity for his client, would have been rejected by the FBI and (I think) the Senate intelligence committee.

We should first remember a bit more of our recent history, When the Iran-Contra affair gained momentum, congressional committees were ONLY interested in finding out what had been going on, more than a wish to indict and jail (by the DOJ) those who had participated in the scam. This is why Oliver North never went to prison, although he richly deserved to do so, but was offered immunity when testifying.

Now, regarding Flynn, NO ONE seeks immunity for "crimes" that same one has committed and could be fairly easily proven......One seeks immunity ONLY if one's testimony is crucial to implicate usually other people higher up in the "food chain"......and for Flynn, that would be those higher in status than his own.

In other words, Flynn is not seeking immunity....nor would he ever be granted such......for his crimes in not declaring his job as a Turkish government lobbyist or for accepting a payoff from Russia TV.

In legal terms, there is what is called a "proffer".....which basically entails one's attorney offering a listing of what his/her client will reveal IF immunity is granted....In short, Flynn needs to snitch on others to avoid penalties for his own errant behavior and deeds.

For Flynn, his prayers must be that one of the 3 investigative entities allow him immunity; otherwise, fines, possible incarceration and loss of benefits from the Pentagon are in his near future....Of course, he'll also write a book. .

• Banned
In short, this is the choice before us regarding Flynn and his plea for immunity....

Do we want to find out the truth of the Trump team's collusion with the Russians and have Flynn walk away, OR .......do we want to see Flynn in an orange suit?

In short, this is the choice before us regarding Flynn and his plea for immunity....

Do we want to find out the truth of the Trump team's collusion with the Russians and have Flynn walk away, OR .......do we want to see Flynn in an orange suit?
Neither is going to happen, dumbass. There is no "there" there.

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I think they have enough of Flynn where they don't need his stories to take Trump, Pence and Flynn down. It's too many points all coming together.

If this was a TV show their wouldn't be a part 2 as the conclusion is so obvious.

Yeah Flynn asked for immunity from nothing!! Lmao

I think they have enough of Flynn where they don't need his stories to take Trump, Pence and Flynn down. It's too many points all coming together.

If this was a TV show their wouldn't be a part 2 as the conclusion is so obvious.

Okay. What points are coming together?

Yeah Flynn asked for immunity from nothing!! Lmao

Well considering that the House and Senate said that he hasn't asked for immunity....

• Banned
Some right wingers on here will find my O/P "funny"......mostly because their view resemble this approach........

upload_2017-3-31_20-1-49.png

It was to be expected that the first round of Flynn's lawyers asking for immunity for his client, would have been rejected by the FBI and (I think) the Senate intelligence committee.

We should first remember a bit more of our recent history, When the Iran-Contra affair gained momentum, congressional committees were ONLY interested in finding out what had been going on, more than a wish to indict and jail (by the DOJ) those who had participated in the scam. This is why Oliver North never went to prison, although he richly deserved to do so, but was offered immunity when testifying.

Now, regarding Flynn, NO ONE seeks immunity for "crimes" that same one has committed and could be fairly easily proven......One seeks immunity ONLY if one's testimony is crucial to implicate usually other people higher up in the "food chain"......and for Flynn, that would be those higher in status than his own.

In other words, Flynn is not seeking immunity....nor would he ever be granted such......for his crimes in not declaring his job as a Turkish government lobbyist or for accepting a payoff from Russia TV.

In legal terms, there is what is called a "proffer".....which basically entails one's attorney offering a listing of what his/her client will reveal IF immunity is granted....In short, Flynn needs to snitch on others to avoid penalties for his own errant behavior and deeds.

For Flynn, his prayers must be that one of the 3 investigative entities allow him immunity; otherwise, fines, possible incarceration and loss of benefits from the Pentagon are in his near future....Of course, he'll also write a book. .

May I ask why you didn't post this crap in one of the other threads on the same topic?

Nope, just more conspiracy theories form you idiots. Get back to us when you have something concrete.

Oh, Tigger don;t you worry.......We WILL get back to you......LOL

Isn't he the one who said lock her up first? Wouldn't it be ironic?

This is obvious. He will talk if given immunity. Republicans don't give it so he pleads the fifth. No problem.

Maybe you idiot regressives can quit sapmming the board with a dozen threads on the same topic between now and then.

....and yet, like a dimwitted moth to flame....HERE YOU ARE.......LOL

I don't blame Flynn one singe bit for seeking immunity. Wouldn't you??? :dunno:

This man has had his career ruined over inadvertently not disclosing information to Mike Pence. He had a spotless and impeccable reputation before all of this. The administration threw him under the bus and let him fend for himself and now, the obsessed and deranged Democrats, foaming at the mouth over Russia, are ready to crucify SOMEBODY associated with Trump and Russia, and they are staring crazily at Gen. Flynn! You're goddamn straight he wants immunity!

I don't blame Flynn one singe bit for seeking immunity. Wouldn't you??? :dunno:

This man has had his career ruined over inadvertently not disclosing information to Mike Pence. He had a spotless and impeccable reputation before all of this. The administration threw him under the bus and let him fend for himself and now, the obsessed and deranged Democrats, foaming at the mouth over Russia, are ready to crucify SOMEBODY associated with Trump and Russia, and they are staring crazily at Gen. Flynn! You're goddamn straight he wants immunity!
The SOB did not reveal that he was working for a foreign government

Forum List

Back