Why is America so screwed up?

I don't do drugs other than blood pressure. But the illegal drug war is lost. Why fight it? Losing proposition. People will do what they do. What are the reasons to make them illegal?

Half of all American school children are living in poverty.

50 million are on food stamps.

Half of us do not vote.

More than 60 percent of Americans are overweight or obese.

We are trillions of dollars in debt.

We are more divided than ever.

Politics has turned into one big reality show.

The Washington elites don't give a damn.

When will this madness end? Is America the 21st Century equivalent of Rome? How did we get to this point?

Wall Street banks and the crash of '08:

How Much Did the Financial Crisis Cost?

".......But also because much of the human fallout can’t really be monetized. For example, the Treasury Department, in an April assessment [PDF], put the total lost household wealth at $19.2 trillion. But that doesn’t take into account long-term effects of homeowners who may be less socially mobile — and therefore contribute less to the economy over time."""

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-c...ocuments/20120413_FinancialCrisisResponse.pdf

What are the reasons to make them illegal?
Where did you get the impression that authoritarian miscreants need a reason to make something illegal? They increase their power by doing whatever they think they can get away with thus setting a precedent for further eroding the liberty of the individual (and increasing their own power in the process). It's how governments have operated since the dawn of recorded history and it hasn't changed much since.

First they tell you what you can and cannot put into your own body, next they tell you that you must buy health insurance and on and on it goes, until one day you wake up and find that for all intents and purposes you no longer have any say so on how you live your life.

"That you are a slave Neo, like everyone else, you were born into bondage, born into a prison that you can not smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind." -- Morpheus, the Matrix

Raising the minimum wage usually results in benefits. While it is estimated that Hillary's idea of raining the minimum wage would result in the loss of some 700,000 + jobs, it would cause investment in r&d and result in automating those less skilled medial jobs and provide for a higher skilled job in maintaining the automation devices themselves.

I don't do drugs other than blood pressure. But the illegal drug war is lost. Why fight it? Losing proposition. People will do what they do. What are the reasons to make them illegal?

Because we have enough people on our welfare system as it is. It's my experience that people who do opiate type of drugs can't work. They just sit there staring out in space wondering where their next fix will come from.

Another reason why drugs are illegal is so that nobody breaks into my home looking for drug money or merchandise they can sell for the same. I don't want these losers near my children on the street, nor convincing them to join their lifestyle. That's why drugs are illegal in this country.

Actually the DEA is one of the very few if not the only federal agency that actually shows a profit. The DEA takes in enough seized assets to fund the US Marshalls and the US Attorney. Not only does the DEA seize a tremendous amount of money but it also seizes homes, warehouses and other real estate, but automobiles, trucks, boats, etc.

What some druggie does in his house has zero effect on me. Taking away their drugs isn't going to make them work. Many hard working people use illegal drugs...and they are no less productive. Surprising, but doesn't bother me whatsoever.

Because we have enough people on our welfare system as it is. It's my experience that people who do opiate type of drugs can't work. They just sit there staring out in space wondering where their next fix will come from.

Another reason why drugs are illegal is so that nobody breaks into my home looking for drug money or merchandise they can sell for the same. I don't want these losers near my children on the street, nor convincing them to join their lifestyle. That's why drugs are illegal in this country.
funny thing about all of that.
Most opiate addicts would rather not be opiate addicts either.
tell me, how do you feel about the guy that goes home every night and has to have his six pack of beer.

Well then perhaps government should stop forcing tax payers to subsidize drug users that refuse to work, just because the welfare state is a complete bunk doesn't justify government telling adults what they can and cannot put into their own bodies. Do you think you own your own body? or do you believe that government owns your body?

Another reason why drugs are illegal is so that nobody breaks into my home looking for drug money or merchandise they can sell for the same.
Are you suggesting that the making drugs illegal has put an end to burglary? Drugs are illegal now and because they are illegal they are bought and sold at highly inflated black market prices thus creating a larger incentive for drug users to break into your house to acquire the necessary funds to pay for their unnecessarily expensive habits.

I don't want these losers near my children on the street, nor convincing them to join their lifestyle. That's why drugs are illegal in this country.
In other words you depend on government to raise your children to be drug free? are you incapable of doing that yourself? If that's the case your children are doomed to drug dependency since just because drugs are illegal doesn't mean your children can't get them whenever they want.

What some druggie does in his house has zero effect on me. Taking away their drugs isn't going to make them work. Many hard working people use illegal drugs...and they are no less productive. Surprising, but doesn't bother me whatsoever.

not as long as he is in his house, but when he comes to your house to steal your money for his drug habit-------------------it does have an effect on you

If he wants his 6 pack in the privacy of his house and he worked hard to earn it then he can have it.

Forum List

Back