Why is it so hard to understand that TAX cuts INCREASES tax revenues?

The task, and conversation, should be about finding the a proper point of EQUILIBRIUM between...

Aw, fuck it. This is partisan political debate, not reality.

You obviously haven't read the thread, big surprise.

It seems that many people primarily uninformed people don't see HOW the correlation between reducing taxes can increase revenue.
The primary reason they don't understand is fundamentally they don't know:
1) simple arithmetic.
2) that don't know what happens to money.
View attachment 149122

Do Tax Cuts Increase Government Revenue?

Why according to the above chart does receipts increase as marginal tax decreases?
1) Simple arithmetic.
If taxable income grows tax receipts increase. Simple.
$1,000 taxable income 90% tax $900.
But if taxable income grows to $2,000 and tax is 70% $1,400 versus $900. Simple.
Now some people say "well if the tax was still at 90% it would be $1,800! WRONG!
Because there was NO reason for the taxable income to grow if all it did was pay more taxes!
2) Don't know what happens to money.
Most naive and uninformed people I honestly believe think that people that have excess money:
a) put the money in a mattress or bury it in the backyard. Seriously! They don't seem to comprehend
b)the excess money is
1) spent on consumer goods, more cars, more clothes, more housing, more food.
2) or save putting into the bank which by the way then the bank lends to people to spend..
3) or invest in business to hire more people, spend more money

It is that simple.
The economic multiplier states for every $1 million spent, IT is multiplied by 1.18 or the economy grows with that $1 trillion to $1.2 trillion.
• $1.188 million in total economic activity takes place for every $1 million spent..
• Each $1 million spent provides $205,829 in labor incomes
• Each $1 million represents 7.7 workers and assuming 35% (payroll taxes, FICA, FUTA, Medicare, SS)
http://www2.econ.iastate.edu/research/webpapers/paper_13143.pdf
The left know. They simply want everyone to be poor and wearing brown jumpsuits riding bikes.
Exactly. They like it that the average American pays more in taxes every month than on food and clothing.

Their real goal is to make sure Americans have zero extra money after taxes.

The task, and conversation, should be about finding the a proper point of EQUILIBRIUM between... Aw, fuck it. This is partisan political debate, not reality.
The right wing should end our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror; so, they can stop whining about income taxes.
Both ends are stuck in shallow, simplistic, binary thinking processes, which is why we can't make substantive progress.

We need our wingers to find another hobby.
Nothing but diversion, right winger. Stop whining about the debt or taxes.

Cutting taxes for those who will spend the savings helps the economy.

Cutting taxes for the wealthy is not as effective because the wealthy will not spend it.

Cutting corporate taxes swill not create jobs or investment in growth. Both of those things are tax deductible either directly or through depreciation.

Currently a corp paying the top rate looks at money spent on new employees or buildings, etc writes those expenses off of 35% value.

Drop the tax rate to 15% like El Cheeto wants & those new employees & investments only save them 15%. Expect fewer new hires & less expansion.

Corpotations hire people when they have work that needs done. The have more work to do when their sales improve. The sales improve when people have more money to spend. Tax break for people, not corporations.

^^^ Another liberal drone taught to hate the wealthy and corporations, they know not why they just obey blindly. Lets score this post, wishful thinking, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.
Great response!

You fucktards think handing corporations money will create jobs.

It has never worked.

Reference the Bush recession.

It seems that many people primarily uninformed people don't see HOW the correlation between reducing taxes can increase revenue.
The primary reason they don't understand is fundamentally they don't know:
1) simple arithmetic.
2) that don't know what happens to money.
View attachment 149122

Do Tax Cuts Increase Government Revenue?

Why according to the above chart does receipts increase as marginal tax decreases?
1) Simple arithmetic.
If taxable income grows tax receipts increase. Simple.
$1,000 taxable income 90% tax $900.
But if taxable income grows to $2,000 and tax is 70% $1,400 versus $900. Simple.
Now some people say "well if the tax was still at 90% it would be $1,800! WRONG!
Because there was NO reason for the taxable income to grow if all it did was pay more taxes!
2) Don't know what happens to money.
Most naive and uninformed people I honestly believe think that people that have excess money:
a) put the money in a mattress or bury it in the backyard. Seriously! They don't seem to comprehend
b)the excess money is
1) spent on consumer goods, more cars, more clothes, more housing, more food.
2) or save putting into the bank which by the way then the bank lends to people to spend..
3) or invest in business to hire more people, spend more money

It is that simple.
The economic multiplier states for every $1 million spent, IT is multiplied by 1.18 or the economy grows with that $1 trillion to $1.2 trillion.
• $1.188 million in total economic activity takes place for every $1 million spent..
• Each $1 million spent provides $205,829 in labor incomes
• Each $1 million represents 7.7 workers and assuming 35% (payroll taxes, FICA, FUTA, Medicare, SS)
http://www2.econ.iastate.edu/research/webpapers/paper_13143.pdf
The left know. They simply want everyone to be poor and wearing brown jumpsuits riding bikes.
Exactly. They like it that the average American pays more in taxes every month than on food and clothing.

Their real goal is to make sure Americans have zero extra money after taxes.
Nobody on the left should ever take the right wing seriously about economics or the law.

End our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror, to abolish our income tax, right wingers. Don't be All political Talk and no political action.

The task, and conversation, should be about finding the a proper point of EQUILIBRIUM between... Aw, fuck it. This is partisan political debate, not reality.
The right wing should end our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror; so, they can stop whining about income taxes.
Both ends are stuck in shallow, simplistic, binary thinking processes, which is why we can't make substantive progress.

You obviously don't know my politics, left winger.

But nice try.

But nice try.
The right wing should end our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror; so, they can stop whining about income taxes. Too much, "hard work" to accomplish, lazy persons on the Right Wing?

But nice try.
The right wing should end our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror; so, they can stop whining about income taxes. Too much, "hard work" to accomplish, lazy persons on the Right Wing?
Ask them. Again, you obviously don't know my politics.

I can't help you with your binary thought processes.

Cutting taxes for the wealthy is not as effective because the wealthy will not spend it.

Cutting corporate taxes swill not create jobs or investment in growth. Both of those things are tax deductible either directly or through depreciation.

Currently a corp paying the top rate looks at money spent on new employees or buildings, etc writes those expenses off of 35% value.

Drop the tax rate to 15% like El Cheeto wants & those new employees & investments only save them 15%. Expect fewer new hires & less expansion.

Corpotations hire people when they have work that needs done. The have more work to do when their sales improve. The sales improve when people have more money to spend. Tax break for people, not corporations.

^^^ Another liberal drone taught to hate the wealthy and corporations, they know not why they just obey blindly. Lets score this post, wishful thinking, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.
Great response!

It has never worked.

^^^ brainwashed libtard alert. Who do you think owns the corporations? Yes public and private employee union pensions who have invested trillions of dollars in the very corporations ignorant drones like you hate. Got nothing to say? Yeah we know but but but..but. LOL

But nice try.

You whine about taxes? Check.

You whine about, "big government"? Check.

Dear, only right wingers do that.

But nice try.

Oh good. Lies. Yum.

Please show me where I've ever whined about taxes. I would increase personal income tax rates, and you'll see that in the link in the second line of my sig.

Please show me where I've ever whined about "big government".

You're a liar. All wingers are, both ends. You are part of the problem. You're just like the right wingers you hate.

Thank you for illustrating my point for me, dear.

:bye1:

Great response!

It has never worked.

^^^ brainwashed libtard alert. Who do you think owns the corporations? Yes public and private employee union pensions who have invested trillions of dollars in the very corporations ignorant drones like you hate. Got nothing to say? Yeah we know but but but..but. LOL
End the tax on real Persons so the right wing won't be so morally challenged, and have only artificial Person pay taxes.

Well, I can certainly understand why someone like you would get pissy over that post.

Too bad.

He is right, you didn't read the thread otherwise you wouldn't be drawing equivalence. No two ways about it.

Laffer curve and opinions on it's inflection point and our relative position to it were discussed and OP could neither acknowledge revenues reductions on the left side of the graph nor respond to where point of inflection is.

But nice try.

Oh good. Lies. Yum.

Please show me where I've ever whined about taxes. I would increase personal income tax rates, and you'll see that in the link in the second line of my sig.

You're a liar. All wingers are, both ends. You are part of the problem. You're just like the right wingers you hate.

What lies. You are whining about taxes in this thread and have claimed you are not for, "big government". Is that not correct?

Well, I can certainly understand why someone like you would get pissy over that post.

Too bad.

He is right, you didn't read the thread otherwise you wouldn't be drawing equivalence. No two ways about it.
Of course I have.

But if there are "no two ways about it" in your mind, I'm fine with that. I know how you folks are.

Great response!

It has never worked.

End the tax on real Persons so the right wing won't be so morally challenged, and have only artificial Person pay taxes.

What are you babbling about?

But nice try.

Oh good. Lies. Yum.

What lies. You are whining about taxes in this thread and have claimed you are not for, "big government". Is that not correct?
Your lies. You can't even admit it. Maybe you're so blinded by your ideology you don't see it.

Show me where I whined about taxes.

Back up your words.

Let's go.

Too bad.

Of course I have.

But if there are "no two ways about it" in your mind, I'm fine with that. I know how you folks are.

No you didn't and no you don't know.

Laffer curve, it's inflection point and our relative position to it were discussed and OP could neither acknowledge revenues reductions on the left side of the graph nor respond to where point of inflection is.

Also covered were CONSERVATIVE ECONOMIST opinions on self-financing tax-cuts.

Tell me again how lefties here are the unreasonable ones.

Too bad.

Of course I have.

Dear, having a problem with Only taxes and not the "big government" that requires them, is merely, cognitive dissonance; only the right wing does that, and claims they are not really like that, afterward.

Forum List

Back