Why is naturalism considered scientific and creationism is not ?

How bout that evidence I requested yesterday of you fundies ,I would have thought by now you could have come up with something.

Now you can understand why so many believe in design and creation over naturalism.

Why is naturalism considered scientific and creationism is not ? For the same reasons naturalism is considered scientific and voodoo is not.
Actually, Creationism, in its literal meaning.. that we were created.. fits perfectly with much of modern thought. The simplest (see Occam's Razor) explanation for all this is that it was created. God.. even God of the bible, doesn't have to be a long-bearded old man hovering above us in the clouds, hurling down lightning bolts at His detractors. Many progressive thinkers believe we were created by an extra-terrestrial race.. or that maybe we are the remnants of a declining civilization from another planet, escaping extinction.

Either way--again, the simplest explanation is Creation, not random happenstance where a lightning bolt hit a pool of green sludge. The latter sounds more like voodoo than anything.

Wrong, Judaism is a religion that was created by a couple of sect of Jews same as Christianity. The Jews that believe in Judaism reject Jesus as the messiah and the NT.
Wow. Reading your confused, disjointed attempts at English is always a chore.

If you don't understand the difference from Judaism and Christianity why bring it up ?

I was noting your incompetence at not understanding that Judaism and christianity are different religions.

Wow. Reading your confused, disjointed attempts at English is always a chore.

If you don't understand the difference from Judaism and Christianity why bring it up ?

I was noting your incompetence at not understanding that Judaism and christianity are different religions.

Well being that I have a Jewish family in my family that believe in Judaism I assure you I know many of the differences.

Much of the Old Testament was inspired by magic mushrooms. The New Testament seems to have been inspired mainly by people who had bought into the Old Testmant, and were trying desperately to dovetail the New Testmant into the old Testament. This went so well, that the Mormons took it another step, by dovetailing the Book of Mormon into the New Testament. Not wanting to miss out on a good thing, I am presently in the act of translating "The Gospel of Marie Osmond" which I found on golden plates in a box of Nutrisystem.

Now you can understand why so many believe in design and creation over naturalism.

Why is naturalism considered scientific and creationism is not ? For the same reasons naturalism is considered scientific and voodoo is not.
Actually, Creationism, in its literal meaning.. that we were created.. fits perfectly with much of modern thought. The simplest (see Occam's Razor) explanation for all this is that it was created. God.. even God of the bible, doesn't have to be a long-bearded old man hovering above us in the clouds, hurling down lightning bolts at His detractors. Many progressive thinkers believe we were created by an extra-terrestrial race.. or that maybe we are the remnants of a declining civilization from another planet, escaping extinction.

Either way--again, the simplest explanation is Creation, not random happenstance where a lightning bolt hit a pool of green sludge. The latter sounds more like voodoo than anything.

There is no reason to believe any of the above is true. Firstly, It is legal strategy of the creationist movement to pretend no religious agenda, since that is what has repeatedly killed them in the courtroom. The ID movement was originally framed as the “wedge strategy” to insert the Bible into the classroom under the guise of a nonreligious movement with no connection to religion.

Secondly, creationism clearly does not fit perfectly with much of modern thought. Modern thought has actually turned away from magic and supernaturalism in favor of the Scientific Method (and the consensus it brings), which has defined how we differentiate fact from ancient fears and superstition.

There does not exist a significant "anti-evolution" movement outside of Christian creationism. This is (and you must be honest with yourself here) the source of your own arguments, and therefore it is fair game, if only from a history of the philosophy perspective. It would be easier to take your comments seriously if those arguments were not so tightly in lockstep with those of the Institute for Creation Research, the Center for Scientific Creationism, or the Discovery Institute. But that is not the case.

Further, were you not essentially arguing as a classic Creationist, I would expect you to actually have a scientific alternative to propose to explain the diversity of life on this planet, which (of course) Creationists and their ID brethren do not. Creationism has always consisted primarily of arguments against evolution rather than argument in favor of a different theory of origins. This is also the manner in which you are arguing. If I am mistaken regarding your perspective here, it is not because you gave me any reason to see you as unique.

For anyone to take you seriously, I would expect you to explicitly lay out something other than “magic” as the explanation for existence, rather than rhetorically (and actually) aligning yourself with the organized creationist movement.

I do agree that Christian creationism is simplistic in its scope and ability to define its objectives.

You need to reject a theory that has many differing elements of scientific evidence because it conflicts with a literal rendering of biblical tales and fables. You instead insist on the Christian creationist claim of supernatural intervention for which there is no evidence. If you rejected evolution due to having a better theory that would definitely be acceptable. But as it has been pointed out, the typical creationist tactic is "I don't understand A so it could not have happened so B which is even more unlikely must have happened".

Well being that I have a Jewish family in my family that believe in Judaism I assure you I know many of the differences.

You obviously do not know the difference and you are obviously unable to even offer the most rudimentary of explanations for the two beliefs.

Wrong, Judaism is a religion that was created by a couple of sect of Jews same as Christianity. The Jews that believe in Judaism reject Jesus as the messiah and the NT.
I thought you had plans...that must have been a lie too.

I did I just quickly responded to what I could. We were V.I.P.'S at the Prescott Rodeo because my company is a sponsor of the worlds oldest Rodeo.
your point?

Hollie do you understand the difference between the written and oral law ? do you understand the difference between the the Torah and the Tanakh ?

Guess what ? they were all inspired by the one and only God.

Then why did he not tell everyone the exact same story? The sign of a liar is when his story constantly changes. If this is a single deity telling different stories about "creation" then obviously all but one of them must be fabrications. Same thing applies regarding the other stories about Moses, paradise, death and resurrection, etc, etc.

Great job on destroying your deity's credibility.

He did through prophecy and predicted the messiah and the rejection of the messiah. You need to actually read the bible before you can be a critic.

Look you people are nitpicking over nothing. The Earth was described as a circle or a ball and a can be considered a sphere according to definition. Hell,sphere is a synonym of circle.

You go out to space and look back at the earth tell me what the earth looks like ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=rea...KlkYHoAg&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1600&bih=1071

Yes once again the bible is correct and you people are desperate looking for fault where it does not exist.
bullshit! you say the bible declares that the earth is sphere it does not..as already presented to you. now as always you're attempting to weasle out of what you said.
btw from space the earth looks like ball not a circle ...hint video and film are not 3 dimensional but the astronauts eyes are .

nice fantasy !
your simplest answer is crammed full of assumption, myth, wishful thinking but is a epic fail when it comes to fact.
all you've done is reiterated, unnecessarily that you believe..

Hollie do you understand the difference between the written and oral law ? do you understand the difference between the the Torah and the Tanakh ?

Guess what ? they were all inspired by the one and only God.

Then why did he not tell everyone the exact same story? The sign of a liar is when his story constantly changes. If this is a single deity telling different stories about "creation" then obviously all but one of them must be fabrications. Same thing applies regarding the other stories about Moses, paradise, death and resurrection, etc, etc.

He did through prophecy and predicted the messiah and the rejection of the messiah. You need to actually read the bible before you can be a critic.

Look you people are nitpicking over nothing. The Earth was described as a circle or a ball and a can be considered a sphere according to definition. Hell,sphere is a synonym of circle.

You go out to space and look back at the earth tell me what the earth looks like ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=rea...KlkYHoAg&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1600&bih=1071

Yes once again the bible is correct and you people are desperate looking for fault where it does not exist.

Once again, you will simply lie in order to further your dogma. What a shame that you cannot be honest about what is actually written in the various bibles but instead must make these hopelessly amateurish attempts to rewrite the bibles in order to maintain your delusions.

You obviously do not know the difference and you are obviously unable to even offer the most rudimentary of explanations for the two beliefs.

Are you kidding they have different traditions,they rejected the messiah which was prophecy. They have 661 commandments. They no longer sacrifice animals for atonement because they do not have a temple.

As usual ant hills into mountains.

bullshit! you say the bible declares that the earth is sphere it does not..as already presented to you. now as always you're attempting to weasle out of what you said.
btw from space the earth looks like ball not a circle ...hint video and film are not 3 dimensional but the astronauts eyes are .

A sphere is pretty much the same thing as a circle,this is rediculous. The bible uses a term I am fine with.

nice fantasy !
your simplest answer is crammed full of assumption, myth, wishful thinking but is a epic fail when it comes to fact.
all you've done is reiterated, unnecessarily that you believe..

What do you think you do and anyone who believes in macro evolution ? still waiting for you and your buddies to provide the evidence I asked for that you to have ignored. You see that is a big issue not a little one like a circle.

Once again, you will simply lie in order to further your dogma. What a shame that you cannot be honest about what is actually written in the various bibles but instead must make these hopelessly amateurish attempts to rewrite the bibles in order to maintain your delusions.

Ant hills in to mountains. bottom line the bible writer was accurate. now have you come up with that evidence I asked for yet,it's been two days lol.

A sphere is pretty much the same thing as a circle,this is rediculous. The bible uses a term I am fine with.

Of course you're fine with conflicting terms when it suits your extremist agenda. "Four corners" also describes a sphere... in the warped view of the extremist.

Ant hills in to mountains. bottom line the bible writer was accurate. now have you come up with that evidence I asked for yet,it's been two days lol.
The typical pattern of obfuscation and denial from the fundie. "Four corners" describing a sphere. How silly.

Still nothing about the gawds huffing and puffing to breath life into clay. What a shame. Supernaturalism and magic as the requirement for life, all from various books of dubious authorship which often conflict which each other .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back