Why is the country MORE divided than it was 8 years ago?

I don't doubt that the incessant accusations of racism has in fact led to racism across-the-board.
Having a Black President brought out racism that was hidden for years.
Yeah, racism has always been there. Does anyone recall how David Duke received a large number of votes in Louisiana.
We do have to remember though, that racism isn't unique to the United States and whites alone. In Japan, many of the Japanese are racist against whites, blacks and Chinese. If you go to China, many Chinese are racist against whites, blacks and Japanese. The bottom line is that racism spans the racial spectrum. Does that make it right?....Of course not, but it's there and may always be there. All we can do is judge each individual we meet in our lives by how they treat us. If a person is good to you, treat them kindly in return.

There is no getting around it. We are WAY more divided than we were 8 years ago.

Why?

Why? Here's why-
IMG_0483.JPG

I don't doubt that the incessant accusations of racism has in fact led to racism across-the-board.

You are absolutely wrong, idealism is completely responsible for the divide. I disagreed with Obama's politics, his color was irrelevant. Democrats use race as a wedge. They are good at it but they are total fear mongers and liars.
People opposed Obama before they gave him a chance. They also did not like Blacks getting uppity about having a Black President. America is a racist country which is evidenced by these boards.

You are absolutely wrong, idealism is completely responsible for the divide. I disagreed with Obama's politics, his color was irrelevant. Democrats use race as a wedge. They are good at it but they are total fear mongers and liars.
People opposed Obama before they gave him a chance. They also did not like Blacks getting uppity about having a Black President. America is a racist country which is evidenced by these boards.

Give me a break.

A decidedly prejudiced, jaundiced, and childish over-reaction. Just makin' shit up.

A chance to implement policies they don't agree with?

Funny that I am racist because I didn't vote for Obama...yet I just voted for Daryl Glen 2 weeks ago. Where did my racism go?

A chance to implement policies they don't agree with?

Funny that I am racist because I didn't vote for Obama...yet I just voted for Daryl Glen 2 weeks ago. Where did my racism go?

Glenn is a good man. But, then, we racists, we deplorables, wouldn't know that, would we? I've known Darryl Glenn for 15 years - but, OMG!, he's a conservative Republican.

So, electing a black president was racist? You're flailing in a mass of confusion because you cannot understand why millions upon millions of people who voted for Obama also voted for Trump.
Your reading comprehension is terrible. Or you are just stupid.

Give me a break.

A decidedly prejudiced, jaundiced, and childish over-reaction. Just makin' shit up.
You cannot take the truth. I get it.

Give me a break.

Frankly, you wouldn't recognize the truth if it hit you upside the head.

You just keep getting your info from alt-left sources ... we'll let you know when you're needed. But, please do the adults in the room a favor ---- stop the ridiculous whining so we can get the work done. If you're not interested in contributing, then I suggest you just shut the hell up and sit in the corner and suck your ....... thumb.

No. He nailed it. People went crazzzzzzzzzzzy over the idea of a black man in the White House.

I've been looking all over the board for some complaint about how much it's going to cost the taxpayers and the City of New York, to have Melania Trump stay in New York and not move into the White House. Crickets.

If Michelle Obama had stayed in Chicago, there'd be 15 threads about how much money was being wasted to provide additional security and protection for her.

No. He nailed it. People went crazzzzzzzzzzzy over the idea of a black man in the White House.

I've been looking all over the board for some complaint about how much it's going to cost the taxpayers and the City of New York, to have Melania Trump stay in New York and not move into the White House. Crickets.

If Michelle Obama had stayed in Chicago, there'd be 15 threads about how much money was being wasted to provide additional security and protection for her.

Tsk tsk tsk.

Tough being irrelevant, isn't it?

Yep....having you klansmen democrats come out into the light was a bad thing....

Just flat out lies is your strategy now huh?

Pathetic.

You think anyone would believe the KKK are modern democrats, progressives and the like?

Please.

It is good to see you though trying to distance yourself from the Klan. There are a lot of Klan members who post on this board with their openly racist rhetoric. Start pushing them out too.

Give me a break.

Frankly, you wouldn't recognize the truth if it hit you upside the head.

You just keep getting your info from alt-left sources ... we'll let you know when you're needed. But, please do the adults in the room a favor ---- stop the ridiculous whining so we can get the work done. If you're not interested in contributing, then I suggest you just shut the hell up and sit in the corner and suck your ....... thumb.
You are definitely an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Last edited:
You know, the "us vs. them" mentality started after 9/11 when Jr. said that if you're not with us, you're with the terrorists. That is what started the division because people started to look for others who didn't think like them so they could keep a watch over them, just in case.

Then? The division was further exacerbated when Obama won the presidency and the Republicans (led by Mcconell, Boehner) then stated THE FIRST DAY that their whole goal was to make Obama a one term president.

After that? They used the "us vs. them" thinking to divide the parties to the point where we have a huge partisan divide between Dems and Republicans.

Gimmie back the 80's and the 90's, when even though both sides didn't like each other, they at least worked together for the betterment of this country.
So, the Democrats hold no responsibility at all in your little world?

First, the "US vs THEM" was directed at other nations, not groups of people. If you took it to mean people who did not think that protecting the USA was a good thing, then you really are nucking futs.

As for making Obama a one term president...the Republicans were not doing or saying anything that the Democrats were not doing or saying when Bush was in office. Each political party works to make the other a one term president. To think that ONLY the Republicans are doing is is the very definition of retarded.

We are more divided today because people like you refuse to acknowledge your role in the partisan bickering, refuse to consider that anyone other than yourselves have legitimate solutions and concerns, and simply refuse to open your mind to the fact that simply because some don't agree with you, does not make them evil.

BTW.....belittling and bullying people into silence to quash debate does not make for a united nation.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

You are wrong, we were willing to give Obama a chance, he didn't extend his hand across the aisle. When he stepped into the office he was arrogant. He was pushing his agenda and told the Republicans to go to the back of the bus. He lost his arrogance after six years but it was too late. How many black leaders are in charge of all the European and Asian countries, just curious.

There is no getting around it. We are WAY more divided than we were 8 years ago.

Why?
The president we have had for the last eight years has fanned the flames of racism each chance he got. I have witnessed him do it, and his wife.

Baloney, the media, the liberals all went crazy and if you did not agree with the agenda, you were racist. I disliked the healthcare plan and I was labeled a racist, it was just liberal stupidity.

I do agree with your statement about the spending, however the left was all over Bush about his vacation days spent away from the WH, which is petty but partisan nuts do that.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back