Why Putin's plans in Ukraine are doomed

I'm really surprised Putin didn't think about the Ukraine becoming Russia's Iraq. I sure hope it costs Russia $5 trillion dollars too. Probably not quite so much because they don't have to go so far. But I'm sure he's creating lots of Ukrainian terrorists. The Russians are already having to deal with Muslim terrorists from Dagestan that threatened the Olympics, and other provinces that want to break from Russia. It's like what the cons do here. They create terrorists faster than they can kill them.

Ukraine cannot become Russia's Iraq because the Ukranians think of themselves as Russians. No Iraqi ever thought of themselves as an American. Any Ukranian plotting a terrorist act would not be dealt with kindly by other Ukranians.

Honestly, after all this time, news and discussion, you don't know the difference between a Ukrainian and an ethnic Russian Ukrainian? Do you actually believe that Ukrainians think of themselves as Russian?
Did you not comprehend that in Irag the population thought of themselves first as Sunni, Shite or Kurd?

I'm really surprised Putin didn't think about the Ukraine becoming Russia's Iraq. I sure hope it costs Russia $5 trillion dollars too. Probably not quite so much because they don't have to go so far. But I'm sure he's creating lots of Ukrainian terrorists. The Russians are already having to deal with Muslim terrorists from Dagestan that threatened the Olympics, and other provinces that want to break from Russia. It's like what the cons do here. They create terrorists faster than they can kill them.

Ukraine cannot become Russia's Iraq because the Ukranians think of themselves as Russians. No Iraqi ever thought of themselves as an American. Any Ukranian plotting a terrorist act would not be dealt with kindly by other Ukranians.

Honestly, after all this time, news and discussion, you don't know the difference between a Ukrainian and an ethnic Russian Ukrainian? Do you actually believe that Ukrainians think of themselves as Russian?
Did you not comprehend that in Irag the population thought of themselves first as Sunni, Shite or Kurd?

Not all of them. Just most of them.

It never ceases to amaze me just how ignorant progressives are of the world around them. That or they are the truly evil people who simply don't care what the end results are.

These actions were predicted over a decade ago. The same is happening in the Baltic States as well.

It was predicted when Western Europe was 'negotiating' the building of a pipeline to transport fuel to Western Europe from Russia to Germany, France, Spain. Italy and Greece.
Some in the U.S. and England were warning that it would lead to Russia expanding westward, now we're there and the voices are silent.

Well Leftards! we told you so!!

Better start selling us some of that shale gas bonanza you've gotten hold of!:)

It never ceases to amaze me just how ignorant progressives are of the world around them. That or they are the truly evil people who simply don't care what the end results are.

These actions were predicted over a decade ago. The same is happening in the Baltic States as well.

It was predicted when Western Europe was 'negotiating' the building of a pipeline to transport fuel to Western Europe from Russia to Germany, France, Spain. Italy and Greece.
Some in the U.S. and England were warning that it would lead to Russia expanding westward, now we're there and the voices are silent.

Well Leftards! we told you so!!

There's been no invasion.

So what on earth do pipelines have to do with Crimea rejoining Russia?

Those pipelines were built years ago. And if you want to talk expansion and power moving eastward, best take a look at the west and NATO. We've been the busy ones.

Let's get real. The pro Russian vote was in blue. The yellow sections are those that overthrew the duly elected government elected primarily because of the eastern vote.

Why would the guys in blue have a warm and fuzzy towards the guys in yellow who took out their man and their government?

ukraine-2010-election.jpg

Most Ukrainians are not Russians and do not identify themselves as Russian. Incredible that some silly people would say that Russians and Ukrainians are the same.

In fact sad that people can't tell the difference between Asians (ie: Chinese vs. Thais) or Slavs (Russians vs. Ukrainians).

So many stupid people and so little time.

Wrong again. The majority of Ukrainians are proud of their country. You will see the change more dramatically as the Ukrainian army pushes more of the thugs out.

The GOP depends on that kind of ignorance from their voters.

Pro Russians should go back to Russia and get the hell out of Ukraine....and the U.S.A..

ARe we entirely sure that the armed folk in Eastern Ukraine are Russian Troops?

They claim to be Ukraines.

This looks like a civil war to me.

Exascerbated by the Russians to be sure, but then was the outster of the former Ukraine leader really a spontaneous coup d etat or was it inspired by Western influence?

These are questions we ought to ask ourselves because we all know how superpowers like Russia and the West like to spark "spontaneous" revolts against governments they don't like.

See IRAN 1953 if you are confused by the above

Wrong again. The majority of Ukrainians are proud of their country. You will see the change more dramatically as the Ukrainian army pushes more of the thugs out.

HOLY SHIT!!

Where do people get this stuff from??

s0n.....do you actually navigate somewhere in society and if so, where? Perhaps the University of Mars? Nobody thinks the Ukranian army can "push the thugs out". There is ZERO chance of that happening here. This is not a makey-uppey game from Bubbleland as depicted by PBS.:D WIthout NATO assistance, the Ukrainian army is like an ant facing a round of 00 buckshot.:D Only a mental case lefty would think that Russia will stand by and watch a civl war unfold where the final result will could be a country more firmly entrenched with NATO on the Russian border. Zero % chance.

Last edited:

Ukrainian Army? That's some funny shit right there.
The Ukrainian Army's puppet masters in the CIA/EU need to ship them some groceries before the rest of them jump ship to any side that will feed them. This before they send in some more cash to bail out the banks that have been lending Ukraine money.

ARe we entirely sure that the armed folk in Eastern Ukraine are Russian Troops?

They claim to be Ukraines.

This looks like a civil war to me.

Exascerbated by the Russians to be sure, but then was the outster of the former Ukraine leader really a spontaneous coup d etat or was it inspired by Western influence?

These are questions we ought to ask ourselves because we all know how superpowers like Russia and the West like to spark "spontaneous" revolts against governments they don't like.

See IRAN 1953 if you are confused by the above
If you're right about that civil war in Ukraine, which side is the CIA backing?

"In an interview aired on Russian state television on Sunday, Yanukovich, who has been in southern Russia since fleeing Ukraine in February, said that Brennan had 'sanctioned the use of weapons and provoked bloodshed.'

“'The US bears its share of responsibility for starting a civil war in Ukraine, not only through diplomatic influence, but its security forces, which do not only meddle, but issue orders,' said the Ukrainian politician.

"On Monday, Aleksandr Yakimenko, the head of Ukraine's security service, the SBU, during Yanukovich's term went one step further, and said that his successor, Valentin Nalivaychenko, is a double agent working for the CIA.

"'Nalivaychenko was recruited by the US when he was Ukraine's Consul General in Washington [2001-2003],' said Yakimenko, for whom an arrest warrant has been issued in Kiev since he left the country last month, while speaking to Russia's Channel One.

"'The US is currently creating a sort of controlled chaos that is helping to blow up the bridges between Russia and Ukraine.'

"Acting President Aleksandr Turchinov has announced that an anti-terrorist operation' will be carried out against armed protesters, who have occupied government buildings in the Russian-speaking east of the country."

http://rt.com/usa/white-house-confirms-cia-ukraine-448/

The pro-Russians in Ukraine are fascist, demanding Jews register and their property. The right wing cons of the Ku Klux Klan here, must be loving that.

The pro-Russians in Ukraine are fascist, demanding Jews register and their property. The right wing cons of the Ku Klux Klan here, must be loving that.
Are you sure?

"A few anti-Semitic fliers in eastern Ukraine made global news after the U.S. Secretary of State spoke out against them. But on the evidence on display in Donetsk, the Jews of eastern Ukraine are in little danger."

Ukraine?s ?Jew Register? Either a Hoax or a Crude Extortion Scheme - TIME

Jews in western Ukraine, however, may become the victims of right-wing terror.

No, the ignorance is in someone breaking every situation into "good and evil".

It's the simpleton way of looking at the world. (see my avatar)

HOLY SHIT!!

Where do people get this stuff from??

s0n.....do you actually navigate somewhere in society and if so, where? Perhaps the University of Mars? Nobody thinks the Ukranian army can "push the thugs out". There is ZERO chance of that happening here. This is not a makey-uppey game from Bubbleland as depicted by PBS.:D WIthout NATO assistance, the Ukrainian army is like an ant facing a round of 00 buckshot.:D Only a mental case lefty would think that Russia will stand by and watch a civl war unfold where the final result will could be a country more firmly entrenched with NATO on the Russian border. Zero % chance.
What sort of help would you suggest NATO supply to Ukraine's un-elected government, and do you remember Russia's policy on using tactical nuclear weapons?

Forum List

Back