Why stop at free college?

As long as you continue to preach that someone should foot the bill for someone else for a college education, healthcare, or anything else, I will continue to accuse you of begging. Suck it up.

If that is something that you find valuable, please do. It's kind of stupid in the face of reality, though.

Let's say that I am a self interested small business owner who's got no problem sending my kids through college. What possible reasons could I have for wanting our federal government to ensure that every American young person attains the highest level of education which their personal strengths will allow them to attain?

Can you imagine why I would gladly participate in such an endeavor?

I would certainly expect you to as long as it was paid for by someone other than you against that individual's will.

You are not making an attempt to have a mature discussion here, are you? Let me try again.

I am perfectly fine with a portion of my tax dollars being used to subsidize the cost of higher education.....both academic and vocational....so that no American young person who desires said education is denied due to inability to pay.

Do you understand this time? We are talking about my hard earned money here.....as well as yours. Granted......you earned yours when it was much easier.....but I won't hold that against you.

Now....given that you have grasped the concept, why would I be willing to have my tax dollars spent in such a way? Have you any thoughts on that?

Then just go out and pick a young person and send him/her to college yourself. Put your money where your mouth is but don't impose your view that some other citizen should do the same. You have no right to dictate how my hard earned money is spent. Just because you may bbe fine with it does not mean everyone else is fine with it.

Well......we are getting somewhere, at least. Please answer the question, though. Why do you think I am fine with it? What could possibly be my rationale?

I really don't care. That is your business. You can give away all your money if you wish. Just don't infringe upon my rights.

Why stop at 'free' college?

Why not have a 'free' cradle-to-grave life?

Libs.....give us all your money and we will dole it out to you so you will never be without......agreed?

If that is something that you find valuable, please do. It's kind of stupid in the face of reality, though.

Let's say that I am a self interested small business owner who's got no problem sending my kids through college. What possible reasons could I have for wanting our federal government to ensure that every American young person attains the highest level of education which their personal strengths will allow them to attain?

I would certainly expect you to as long as it was paid for by someone other than you against that individual's will.

You are not making an attempt to have a mature discussion here, are you? Let me try again.

I am perfectly fine with a portion of my tax dollars being used to subsidize the cost of higher education.....both academic and vocational....so that no American young person who desires said education is denied due to inability to pay.

Do you understand this time? We are talking about my hard earned money here.....as well as yours. Granted......you earned yours when it was much easier.....but I won't hold that against you.

Now....given that you have grasped the concept, why would I be willing to have my tax dollars spent in such a way? Have you any thoughts on that?

Then just go out and pick a young person and send him/her to college yourself. Put your money where your mouth is but don't impose your view that some other citizen should do the same. You have no right to dictate how my hard earned money is spent. Just because you may bbe fine with it does not mean everyone else is fine with it.

Well......we are getting somewhere, at least. Please answer the question, though. Why do you think I am fine with it? What could possibly be my rationale?

I really don't care. That is your business. You can give away all your money if you wish. Just don't infringe upon my rights.

Listen.....if you don't want to have the discussion.....that's fine. I can't say I understand what motivates you to post in threads like this, then.

While we are going to give everyone a college degree why not give everyone a PHD? Everyone can be professors. Yes we can! That guy at Cirlcle K who can't count back the right change to you will now be a professor. Isn't America great! Every dumbshit in the world can be a professor. We have already proven any dumbshit can be a professor with Obama so why shouldn't every dumbshit get the same opportunity as the president?
Who the hell is giving away college degrees? You still have to WORK for the degree,attend class,pass tests etc. Our tax dollars pay for all of this instead of constant war and foreign aide...SOME generation has to start the ball rolling the sooner the better the longer we wait the worse its going to be. I can already see in 10 years my oldest being bogged down with student loan debt because WHINERS like you don't think our tax dollars belong being used for something actually HELPFUL.
and since you evidently are not able to afford to raise your child properly, I can already see the taxpayers having to foot the bill because you were unable to keep your pants on one night.

Listen.....if you don't want to have the discussion.....that's fine. I can't say I understand what motivates you to post in threads like this, then.

Look YOYO. I am living proof that someone can rise from below poverty level, get an education, have a successful business, raise a family and educate his own children. Your arguments fall upon deaf ears with me. Try your preaching with someone who doesn't know better.

As long as you continue to preach that someone should foot the bill for someone else for a college education, healthcare, or anything else, I will continue to accuse you of begging. Suck it up.

You proposed it, so you are obviously fine with it, or you are brain damaged.

"Why stop at free college?" is a classic example of a strawman argument.

I can't argue against the actual proposal, so I'll substitute a crazy what if and argue against that.

There are so many scholarships, grants, and loan programs available that few people who are qualified and truly committed cannot attend college because of cost alone.

Most people who drop out of college come to the conclusion - on their own - that it was not the best choice for them.

Then why not consolidate all that into a univeral entitlement?

Liberals want absolutely no skin in the game. No requirements even for community service. Next they will want the taxpayers to fund school buses to ferry them to the colleges and probably a wake up call in the mornings.

Look YOYO. I am living proof that someone can rise from below poverty level, get an education, have a successful business, raise a family and educate his own children. Your arguments fall upon deaf ears with me. Try your preaching with someone who doesn't know better.

You have nothing to learn?

Not from you.

Bri, Bri, Bri......... I know things are tough for you. I have not asked the man to tell me IF I am fine with it. I've asked him if he can figure out WHY I'm fine with it. To my disappointment, he then told me that he doesn't care why.

Do you understand the difference?

Not from you.

You won't know that unless you open your mind to the possibility.

Bri, Bri, Bri......... I know things are tough for you. I have not asked the man to tell me IF I am fine with it. I've asked him if he can figure out WHY I'm fine with it.

And the man has told you plainly that he really doesn't give a rat's ass.

Bri, Bri, Bri......... I know things are tough for you. I have not asked the man to tell me IF I am fine with it. I've asked him if he can figure out WHY I'm fine with it. To my disappointment, he then told me that he doesn't care why.

We all know why you're fine with it. Libs are always fine with imposing their demands on others. They believe people are "resources" who exist solely to serve the liberal agenda. The don't believe people are entitled to pursue their own purposes.

Bri, Bri, Bri......... I know things are tough for you. I have not asked the man to tell me IF I am fine with it. I've asked him if he can figure out WHY I'm fine with it.

Yes. I know. I suspect, however, that you don't want to discuss it for another reason. You are a bit concerned that my reasons will make sense and you might begin to question yourself.

I get it. You don't have time for that.

We all know why you're fine with it. Libs are always fine with imposing their demands on others. They believe people are "resources" who exist solely to serve the liberal agenda. The don't believe people are entitled to pursue their own purposes.

Incorrect. But I know that's the best you can do. No worries.

Yes. I know. I suspect, however, that you don't want to discuss it for another reason. You are a bit concerned that my reasons will make sense and you might begin to question yourself.

I get it. You don't have time for that.

Go ahead and give your reasons. You'll have to excuse us for laughing. We can't help it.

Incorrect. But I know that's the best you can do. No worries.

We're all dying to hear your compelling explanation.

Forum List

Back