why the bible alone concept is false

if every word the spirit teaches is the word of God can the Bible be all there is? Not unless the Spirit of God ceases to speak with men and if the Spirit ceases to speak to men, then no one can know Jesus is the Christ.

Well, this is simple. The logical reasoning is this:

God himself sent Jesus to Earth. He sent him here so he could speak to mankind through his son, that they may come to know their savior. The Bible is only the word of God, God speaks to us in all different manners, some of which are beyond mortal comprehension. We communicate with God via prayer, and exercises of faith.

Last edited:
we are all at different stages of learning. Is someone who is still learning basic math stupid because they don't understand calculus? Or are they just still learning the basics?

many have not received revelation from God simply because they don't know how to start or where to look.

I wanted to expound this a bit further.

While suffering in The ironically named Liberty jail, Joseph Smith received some of the greatest revelations I know of. One of them was as followed:

For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it—

Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven— (D&C 123:12-13)
That tells me that there are many who lack direction, not because they are stupid. They are simply lost. They don't know where to go.

Have you ever had a project where you knew you had to get a certain thing done but didn't have any idea how to accomplish it? was it because you were stupid? No. Because everyone has something they dont know how to do at some point in their life. Sometimes it takes time to figure things out. To prepare to get answers. Sometimes we have to think it through and make mistakes and reevaluate.

Also remember, the original post. There is a gross darkness covering the eyes of people. Not only of their own doing. Many times it's a condition of our culture or what we've been taught. But the problem with darkness is we don't really know we are covered in it until the light shines forth. Christ is the light in the darkness, but the darkness didn't comprehend Him.

youre a Mormon?

read this....One spring day

So why won't God reveal himself to me? :dunno:

You have to ask him willingly. And he won't reveal his true form, Moses asked the same thing, and he replied in Exodus 33:20:

"You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
Wtf? So there's no chance he reveals himself to me? I'm waiting for a burning bush?

"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

You have to ask him willingly. And he won't reveal his true form, Moses asked the same thing, and he replied in Exodus 33:20:

Wtf? So there's no chance he reveals himself to me? I'm waiting for a burning bush?
/shrugs.....hold a match next to your balls.....
you don't believe in the bible, so shut the fuck up, you heretic.

The Bible says "GOD" is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. Obviously the Bible does not claim that it itself as a book is the same.

The Bible itself is nothing more than a brief glimpse of God.

The Bible says "GOD" is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. Obviously the Bible does not claim that it itself as a book is the same.

The Bible itself is nothing more than a brief glimpse of God.
So why is God hiding, he a pussy?

This has been on my mind the last few days. Pay close attention to the question posed:

“After writing the account given of the Savior’s ministry to the remnant of the seed of Jacob, upon this continent, it was easy to be seen, as the prophet said it would be, that darkness covered the earth and gross darkness the minds of the people. On reflecting further it was as easy to be seen that amid the great strife and noise concerning religion, none had authority from God to administer the ordinances of the Gospel. For the question might be asked, have men authority to administer in the name of Christ, who deny revelations, when His testimony is no less than the spirit of prophecy, and His religion based, built, and sustained by immediate revelations, in all ages of the world when He has had a people on earth? If these facts were buried, and carefully concealed by men whose craft would have been in danger if once permitted to shine in the faces of men, they were no longer to us; and we only waited for the commandment to be given ‘Arise and be baptized.’ (Oliver Cowdery concerning the restoration of the priesthood)
like I said the question has been on my mind the last few days. In order to know Christ one has to receive revelation from the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the one that teaches us the truth of Christ. He is the one that changes our hearts. It's by the Holy Spirit that the Apostles received their testimony of who Christ is. It is the Holy Spirit who came and gave them power to change the world.

in fact, the Christian world testifies that the Holy Ghost is part of the trinity. That He is God. Which creates quite a conundrum because most of them also say the Bible is all God has spoken for us.

the bible clearly teaches us we learn the things of God from the Spirit. If the Spirit is speaking then so is God. And the words the Spirit teaches us are sacred and the Word of God.

if every word the spirit teaches is the word of God can the Bible be all there is? Not unless the Spirit of God ceases to speak with men and if the Spirit ceases to speak to men, then no one can know Jesus is the Christ. No one can experience the change of heart and be born again. Therefore can anyone who truly believes God says nothing except what's in the Bible be born again or act in His authority?

I don't see how it's possible. But it has always been easier to use ones own understanding of past revelations to others than to have the faith to seek your own.u

Sounds like you're trying, in a convoluted and backdoor way, to defend the revelations Joseph Smith claimed to have received. If so I wish you would be more straight forward and honest in your approach.

A lot of atheists use this question to attack religion - "If God was so involved and interactive with humans several thousand years ago why did He become so silent and seemingly non-involved" - the old "Is God Dead?" meme. As a counter argument Joseph Smith is a very poor model. Even your fellow Christians easily recognize his status as a lying fraudster. His so called "history" of Israelites in pre-Columbus North America and Christ's interaction with them is so patently absurd as to border on the comical. I'm not going to go into the details of his "revelations" that are so easily disproved, everybody has a handful of them that immediately spring to mind. I just wanted to point out that if your aim is to argue that God is still accessible and active you better find a more believable example than this 19th century conman. As it stands today Mormonism is a gift to atheists as an exemplar of the proposition that faith and spirituality mixed with gullibility and ignorance can lead a person to believe even the most ridiculous of fairy tales.

/shrugs.....atheists never listen, they just pretend you say something that's easy to attack.......I think its because there's no meat in their diet.....

/shrugs.....atheists never listen, they just pretend you say something that's easy to attack.......I think its because there's no meat in their diet.....
Because "hold a match next to your balls" has meat on it?

Forum List

Back