Why the hell are we having Muslim hearings?

I guess I haven't been paying attention, but wtf are we doing this for...what goal are we trying to accomplish?

And then this stupid Republican from California comes out and says they are no different than having hearings on Nazis or the KKK???

He's trying to pizz off every muslim in the US. That's the only motive I can see in the way the hearing played out. No information, just a couple stories parents who had stupid kids.

So you are cool with kids getting kidnapped.

Nice to know

curious, How would you feel if you were threatened into not calling the cops by your community leaders if your kid went missing?

Those kids weren't kidnapped. They were convinced the radicals had a just cause and acted on that. If some community leader advised him to not call the cops when his kid disappeared and he followed that advice, then not only was his kid stupid, but so was the parent. Community leaders can advise you anything, but here in America, the final decision on what you do or don't do is up to you.

But conduct a hearing on how many in the Christian religion bully their way in State and Federal Legislation and hear the "victim" cry.
It goes both ways.

Well said.

I wonder how many americans share Osama's view, that we need to have a christian vs muslim holy war.

But conduct a hearing on how many in the Christian religion bully their way in State and Federal Legislation and hear the "victim" cry.
It goes both ways.

Well said.

I wonder how many americans share Osama's view, that we need to have a christian vs muslim holy war.

Bush correctly warned against this. That is Osama's grand plan. That American Christians will be stupid enough to make it a war against Islam and that Islam is bad, Christianity is good and all Muslims side with terrorists.
And it is working fueled by right wing ideological fools masquerading as "leaders" lining their pockets with cash all the while doing exactly what Bin Laden wants them to do.

Maybe someone has already answered but the reason is simple. Muslims are a distraction from the tough issues republican policies created. Islam has become a negative meme in the minds of the 20-25% of republicans who hate they lost the last election, and/or don't like a Black man as president, and want to tar and feather him with anything that sticks or doesn't stick so long as it continues to demonize him and his administration. This is the new right wing think tank media tactic. These are labels many believe, and when the words are repeated constantly they gain reality. History demonstrates this often. Note Beck, Gingrich, Huckabee, Limbaugh, one can and should call these words evil but evil works, and when power is at stack all rules are off.

"We first kill people with our minds, before we kill them with weapons. Whatever the conflict, the enemy is always the destroyer. We're on God's side; they're barbaric. We're good, they're evil. War gives us a feeling of moral clarity that we lack at other times." Sam Keen FORA.tv - Sam Keen: In The Absence of God

"The main hypothesis concerning group-think is this: The more amiability and esprit de corps among the members of the in-group of policy makers the greater the danger that independent thinking will be replaced by group-think, which is likely to result in irrational and dehumanizing actions directed at out-groups." from 'Sanctions for Evil;' Sanford and Comstock, 1971

Oh, yeah, from the people who brought you...

"CHILDREN ARE DYING IN THE STREET WE MUST HAVE OBAMACARE!"

and

"REPUBLICANS HATE OLD PEOPLE AND ARE GOING TO TAKE THEIR MONEY!"

THAT'S fear mongering...in fact, it's very much like blood libel.

Fear mongering is NOT pointing out danger where danger exists...i.e., it isn't "fear mongering" to point out that every country Islam has invaded, and every single country that suffers under Sharia law, is a festering boil of human degradation and death. That's an observation of something that's, well, true and observable.

Making shit up, then THAT'S fear mongering, besides being a false premise.

Blood libel like "death panels" perhaps?

Again, if something is true, an observation of it isn't fear mongering.

It's not rocket science.

It goes both ways.

Well said.

Bush correctly warned against this. That is Osama's grand plan. That American Christians will be stupid enough to make it a war against Islam and that Islam is bad, Christianity is good and all Muslims side with terrorists.
And it is working fueled by right wing ideological fools masquerading as "leaders" lining their pockets with cash all the while doing exactly what Bin Laden wants them to do.

Yeah it comforts me to know my mindset is the opposite of his, wish more people shared that view. Might sound arrogant but i'm confident in my views on that subject.

LOL and I doubt that these right wingers defending the current hearings would be defending hearings on rigthwing extremism or right wing terrorism.

Amazing how easy roles reverse when the subject is changed. LOL
lol,You leftwing loons can lick the balls of the muslim scum,In the end they will kill you anyway!

Nice imagery, there... :uhoh3:

Can you give a particular reason why these same Muslim American leaders can't already be heard at other various congressional hearings related to homeland security without creating a separate hearing targeting only a certain segment of our population...?

^^^

Representative Laura Richardson of California was equally blunt. "The narrow scope of this hearing is discriminatory and an abuse of power," she said, adding that it "is setting a dangerous precedent in investigating a broader community for actions of a few."

AFP:]AFP: Emotions run high at hearing on US Muslims Emotions run high at hearing on US Muslims

This ^^^

America, is under attack by Muslim extremists. That is a fact that doesn't seem to resonate with some of those who've posted to this thread. This is not a Republican or Democrat issue. This is an American issue. So far we've been very lucky, and have stopped most of the attacks leveled against our country since 09/11/2001. It is the primary duty of all public officials to protect this country. Peter King, is doing just that. For those of you who disagree maybe it would serve our society if you all were at ground zero for the next attack that is as horrific as 09/11. A clearer perspective of current events would allow you all to face reality squarely, and without illusion.

America, is under attack by Muslim extremists. That is a fact that doesn't seem to resonate with some of those who've posted to this thread. This is not a Republican or Democrat issue. This is an American issue. So far we've been very lucky, and have stopped most of the attacks leveled against our country since 09/11/2001. It is the primary duty of all public officials to protect this country. Peter King, is doing just that. For those of you who disagree maybe it would serve our society if you all were at ground zero for the next attack that is as horrific as 09/11. A clearer perspective of current events would allow you all to face reality squarely, and without illusion.

Correct, any well informed rational adult would say we can judge 2 billion people on the actions of a dozen and a half.

I'm sure we have a couple dozen murderers and rapists in america, thus making all americans murderers and rapists.

:cuckoo:

Correct, any well informed rational adult would say we can judge 2 billion people on the actions of a dozen and a half.

No, we should have hearings on what Islamic scripture says then there will be clear understanding of the "radicalization process"

I'm sure we have a couple dozen murderers and rapists in america, thus making all americans murderers and rapists.

huh...most rightwingloons judge Mexicans by that yardstick.

Ravi, you are the new liberal poster child. :clap2::razz:

As always liberals remain firmly stuck on stupid, and united in support of America's enemies.

No, we should have hearings on what Islamic scripture says then there will be clear understanding of the "radicalization process"

I see, so surely you would want that same standard for Biblical scripture correct?

Especially since the Constitution talks so openly about government involvement with religion.

huh...most rightwingloons judge Mexicans by that yardstick.

Except for the fact that Mexicans are not bombing us in the name of
Mexico, but Muslims are bombing us in the name of Allah. They are holdings hearings to find out why.

It goes both ways.

Don't be an idiot.

bullying peers around to get your point out is not the same as telling people they will go to hell if they seek outside help in finding a kidnapped child.

Can you see there is a VAST difference?

This is the Rabbit Hole the Right Wing wants to take us down.

He's trying to pizz off every muslim in the US. That's the only motive I can see in the way the hearing played out. No information, just a couple stories parents who had stupid kids.

Nice to know

curious, How would you feel if you were threatened into not calling the cops by your community leaders if your kid went missing?

Those kids weren't kidnapped. They were convinced the radicals had a just cause and acted on that. If some community leader advised him to not call the cops when his kid disappeared and he followed that advice, then not only was his kid stupid, but so was the parent. Community leaders can advise you anything, but here in America, the final decision on what you do or don't do is up to you.

You truly are speaking w/o a single clue as to the real world.

These people are isolated and are deeply faithful. The only thing they are familiar with as an authority figure is the immams. When they tell you not to do something or your whole family will go to hell, you beleive them. They have not had the chance to assimalate.

And thanks for confirming that you're cool with kids getting murdered so we don't hurt anyones feelings.

Nice to know

You truly are speaking w/o a single clue as to the real world.

These people are isolated and are deeply faithful. The only thing they are familiar with as an authority figure is the immams. When they tell you not to do something or your whole family will go to hell, you beleive them. They have not had the chance to assimalate.

And thanks for confirming that you're cool with kids getting murdered so we don't hurt anyones feelings.

Same thing some radical christian parents do when they don't take their dying kid to the doctor for proper treatment because of their religion.

Blindly following the twisted way their religious book tells them to act.

However since they have the same god as you, you don't want to have taxpayer dollars wasted on a forum on christianity. Priests raping kids, KKK, aryan brotherhood, parents avoiding taking sick kids to the doctor, abortion clinic bombers, those things should all be handled individually but not the overall religion.

There's truly no major issue in America I can think of where republicans and democrats aren't hypocritical.

Ill ask you both.

Where is the vast multinational multi billion dollar organisation that controls the rapists and murderer in America?

Ill ask you both.

Where is the vast multinational multi billion dollar organisation that controls the rapists and murderer in America?

I see, so a multi-billion dollar organization is now what we use to judge 2 billion people.

So if Bill Gates does something, that means all americans do it.

Try again

Forum List

Back