Why the Middle East needs More Kings.

not a big fan of monarchs.

However ruthless tyrants kept a lid on things and eventually tyrants die, there's war, misery and a new tyrant.

Interesting topic though?

And I did say, the lesser of the evils. It all amounts to that, in the end.

Works in Jordan pretty well. And it's not oppressive.. Could do a lot worse.
The King Of Jordan is a good king.

But good kings are rare.

That's why representative democracy works better than monarchy.

With a monarchy you are stuck with what you've got.

Whereas with a representative democracy the villain can be impeached like Nixon (was going to be) or voted out (like GHWB, Carter, and Ford were).

Democracy is just an evil Western fairytale. Don't you know that in most Democracies almost 1/2 of the electorate (after any election) are pissed off losers? :biggrin:

In the ME, arab strongmen are often from "neutral tribes".. It's a way to avoid the APPEARANCE of outright bias.
And that works pretty well to defuse the sectarian violence and patronage problems.

Waldron.jpg
These are just puppet kings/queens.

The British did not have the guts to do what the Bolsheviks did -- exterminate them.
Oh yes they did, but it happened 400 years ago in the 17th century.....

Constitutional monarchy is a cornerstone of many stable democracies – so why are we so keen to avoid it in places like Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan?

Why the Middle East needs more kings
iraq have king now. iran
When the 2 Bush POTUS's (GHW and W) took out Saddam they created a new Persian power by default.

It was an unintended consequence.
Bush sr. did not take out Saddam unless it was lunch...

However ruthless tyrants kept a lid on things and eventually tyrants die, there's war, misery and a new tyrant.

But good kings are rare.

Whereas with a representative democracy the villain can be impeached like Nixon (was going to be) or voted out (like GHWB, Carter, and Ford were).

Democracy is just an evil Western fairytale. Don't you know that in most Democracies almost 1/2 of the electorate (after any election) are pissed off losers? :biggrin:

In the ME, arab strongmen are often from "neutral tribes".. It's a way to avoid the APPEARANCE of outright bias.
And that works pretty well to defuse the sectarian violence and patronage problems.
What makes it even more difficult is there are so many different tribes in Muslim nations that they are constantly positioning for power....Assad's tribe is only 14% of the Syrian nation...

But good kings are rare.

What makes it even more difficult is there are so many different tribes in Muslim nations that they are constantly positioning for power....Assad's tribe is only 14% of the Syrian nation...

At the SAME TIME -- being a minority tribe is an advantage during normal times when the main employer is the Government and 1/2 the army wants to kill the other half.

iran old map
iraq is for us

Achaemenid_Empire_Map.bmp

What does Achaemenid Persia have in common with contemporary Iran?
what is common ? people
persian

great cyrus tomb( king of Achaemenid) in shiraz
982875347.jpg

2-24.jpg

86s27ht.jpg
82582378389312297022.jpg

How much of pre-Islamic heritage do you have now? I don’t mean architectural objects or tombs or something like that; I mean what customs, rules, believes from the Old Persia are present in your everyday life?

I think that a religion forms very important features of the society. Well, maybe in the present time it isn’t the case in some countries, but it the Old or Medieval times it was certainly the case for all countries. Customs, community relations, the way of life, and so on it was all depended on a religion. Do you understand what I mean?

In the Medieval times, when Islam had become to be imposed, Iran began to lose its identity. I don’t want to say that Iran has lost everything, but I think that now it has more in common with the Arabs than with the ancient Persians. You disagree?

iran old map
iraq is for us

what is common ? people
persian

982875347.jpg

2-24.jpg

86s27ht.jpg
82582378389312297022.jpg

How much of pre-Islamic heritage do you have now? I don’t mean architectural objects or tombs or something like that; I mean what customs, rules, believes from the Old Persia are present in your everyday life?

I think that a religion forms very important features of the society. Well, maybe in the present time it isn’t the case in some countries, but it the Old or Medieval times it was certainly the case for all countries. Customs, community relations, the way of life, and so on it was all depended on a religion. Do you understand what I mean?

In the Medieval times, when Islam had become to be imposed, Iran began to lose its identity. I don’t want to say that Iran has lost everything, but I think that now it has more in common with the Arabs than with the ancient Persians. You disagree?
disagree .
over 90% of people celebrate Chaharshanbe Suri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Nowruz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia every years

07a567bc-dc4e-40e1-a9ac-6683632fb75a-444x333.jpg
charshanbehsoori-S.jpg

maybe lost 20 %

Last edited:
iran old map
iraq is for us

what is common ? people
persian

982875347.jpg

2-24.jpg

86s27ht.jpg
82582378389312297022.jpg

disagree .
over 90% of people celebrate Chaharshanbe Suri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Nowruz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia every years

so? in the USA we ALL celebrate Halloween-----and....
Valentine's day. The holidays have no actual meaning
for us other than the fact that they are holidays---lots of candy

iran old map
iraq is for us

what is common ? people
persian

982875347.jpg

2-24.jpg

86s27ht.jpg
82582378389312297022.jpg

disagree .

so??

what is common ? people
persian

982875347.jpg

2-24.jpg

86s27ht.jpg
82582378389312297022.jpg

disagree .

so??

so...nothing---just like Nowruz----and parsee new year

Forum List

Back