Zone1 Why the rosary is a most important prayer/meditation all Christians should say daily

OMG!

That can't be a reason you pray a repetitious prayer like the rosary! Surely you're not going to go to Hell for that kind of reason?!

... just being sarcastic, is all.... Ram thinks all rosary people are doomed to Hell.

I tend to think he or she should tend to his or her own issues, but that's just me
People can think what they want. It doesn't take anything away from my experience with God.

It makes me feel better. I feel closer to God.
ME TOO!

One good thing about the rosary is that it gets you away from SELF

You are praying prayers that you don't have to think about.. don't have to stop and try to figure out whatever... It's a focus on Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the 12 in the Life of Christ. I don't get why some people have a huge problem w/ that..

:dunno:

People can think what they want. It doesn't take anything away from my experience with God.
Well, i sometimes worry about THEM... and their eternal destiny

Actually, I worry about them quite a bit. But you can lead a horse to water-----------

And what does that entail? What exactly does that involve? If the cross is Part One, explain what transpires in Part Two.
Let's leave it with your beliefs. Catholics have this habit of embracing the entirety of the Bible. Looking for a reason to do less isn't my cup of tea.

ME TOO!

One good thing about the rosary is that it gets you away from SELF

You are praying prayers that you don't have to think about.. don't have to stop and try to figure out whatever... It's a focus on Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the 12 in the Life of Christ. I don't get why some people have a huge problem w/ that..

:dunno:
Totally, it's a connection a vibration and oneness an obediance.

well, that's not much of an endorsement... laugh

But I guess it hurts Ram that we pray the rosary...

Who knew??!!
You certainly don't... lol.
And I and all my Catholic friends and family will greet you at the gate when you finally work your way there from Part Two-the Purgatory.
I'll say Hi to Paul for you. He went straight up just like everyone who believes this does:
Romans 10:9-10 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

Let's leave it with your beliefs. Catholics have this habit of embracing the entirety of the Bible. Looking for a reason to do less isn't my cup of tea.
So do Protestants, they just don't add to it.
Is the reason you won't clarify just what you do in Purgatory to achieve enough righteousness to enter Heaven, because you have no idea? The Bible doesn't elaborate on it. So, spill the beans. What happens in Purgatory that Christ wasn't able to accomplish for us on the cross?

So do Protestants, they just don't add to it.
Is the reason you won't clarify just what you do in Purgatory to achieve enough righteousness to enter Heaven, because you have no idea? The Bible doesn't elaborate on it. So, spill the beans. What happens in Purgatory that Christ wasn't able to accomplish for us on the cross?
What do you imagine Christ did on the cross?

What do you imagine Christ did on the cross?
This answer could take all day, because a lot was accomplished on the cross.
Eph.1:7-10 7In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9 making known1 to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.
We are justified because of the blood of Christ
We are sanctified because of the work of Christ on the cross.
He defeated death.
Took away the sins of the world.
Turned God's wrath into favor.
We are reconciled

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law
Christ redeemed us from the guilt of our sin. We are “justified as a gift by his grace, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus”
Christ redeemed us from the power of sin: “knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your fathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ

He inaugurated a new covenant
He defeated Satan
He redeemed us from the curse of the Law

And this is why there is no need of purgatory:
2 Corinthians 5:21. He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Now you.
Tell me what transpires in Purgatory. The Bible tells us there is a hell and describes it, and gives us an example. It describes Heaven and explains how to get there.
It describes earth, and how it is was created. It describes the creation of mankind. It describes Satan and his fall. The Bible is self explanatory. And yet it is silent on purgatory, how it was created, what it accomplishes, how it accomplishes it and why it is necessary over and above what Christ did to redeem us.
What does completely mean?
Hebrews 7:25: 'therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Purification
How? What is the process?
And why would a just judge punish 2 individuals for the same crime?
What sin did Christ fail to pay for?
Did God punish Jesus for Bob's sin of greed and then expect Bob to pay for it again? Is that just? Even a mortal judge wouldn't punish a man for murder and then drag someone in off the street and punish them for the murder too.
Is Bob's sentence lightened if Bob's sister gives money to the church?

Last edited:
Did God punish Jesus for Bob's sin of greed and then expect Bob to pay for it again? Is that just? Even a mortal judge wouldn't punish a man for murder and then drag someone in off the street and punish them for the murder too.
Your understanding of Christ's life, death, and resurrection is much different from mine. You find a couple of verses in a letter from Paul that are a bit out of context. I encompass quite a bit of the Bible, trying to keep well within the Biblical contexts.

Your understanding of Christ's life, death, and resurrection is much different from mine. You find a couple of verses in a letter from Paul that are a bit out of context. I encompass quite a bit of the Bible, trying to keep well within the Biblical contexts.
Does that mean you can't answer the questions I posed? Not even one?
I answer yours...

Does that mean you can't answer the questions I posed? Not even one?
I answer yours...
Already did. You take a verse and run with some kind of interpretation that surfaced in the fifteen hundreds that seems to work well for you. Your very questions tell me we have no meeting ground between Biblical and the Medieval ages.

Don't like that scripture? How about these?​

Colossians 2:10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power​

Hebrews 7:25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Complete ~ (often used for emphasis) to the greatest extent or degree; total, thorough, absolute.​

Already did. You take a verse and run with some kind of interpretation that surfaced in the fifteen hundreds that seems to work well for you. Your very questions tell me we have no meeting ground between Biblical and the Medieval ages.
No, you did not. But I offered up to you other verses since you don't like the first one I offered. Do you take exception to those also?
What is the process used in Purgatory that cleanses you from the sins Christ did not cover, completely?

Don't like that scripture?
Of course I like "that scripture!" It is part of the whole Bible. What is the whole Bible saying? Some take a scripture here and a scripture there, read the English through the lens of modern Western culture and announce "This is what it says, so it means this!" Meant something entirely different in an early Eastern culture in Biblical times.

As I said before, you feel that is what the Holy Spirit is saying to you, so you are going with it. The Holy Spirit meets us where we are and is more than capable of continuing to draw us closer to God.

Those questions are meaningless. You are in a different game on a different playing field. It's like asking golf questions when the game is Marco Polo.

Forum List

Back