Zone1 Why the rosary is a most important prayer/meditation all Christians should say daily

well, I never fully understood that thing about how the road to hell is paved w/ good intentions. I mean, we do have to develop good intentions, and from those, we end up doing good things. but I guess the saying means that if that is all you ever have is good intentions and you never act on them... you'll end up in hell. Right?

Anyway, you are correct to mention that a lot of Catholics don't seem to have much interest in our WEIRD modern history, which is... here's that word again... said history is the most INTERESTING time of all IMO, yet not many know what is going on

BINGO!

It is a big lie from Hell that you don't have to DO anything to get to Heaven... just sit on your hands.

LIE

and that scripture does not at all prove your I -don't-have-to-do-anything point, can't figure out why you even brought it up

Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God
John 3:36 - He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life
Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

The common denominator in those verses is belief. < faith. Works, not to further your chances to enter Heaven, but for the sake of Christ, are addressed at the Bema Seat of Christ at your coronation in Heaven. They are for rewards and crowns...

Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God
John 3:36 - He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life
Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

The common denominator in those verses is belief. < faith. Works, not to further your chances to enter Heaven, but for the sake of Christ, are addressed at the Bema Seat of Christ at your coronation in Heaven. They are for rewards and crowns...
Again, whoever thinks he can sit on his hands all the way to Heaven is believing a LIE. Not one of thos scriptures says otherwise, unless you don't have a problem contradicting OTHER scriptures that are CLEAR

like Philippians 2:12

Work out your salvation...

THAT is verbatim

Being saved is one thing. Staying saved is quite another

2nd psg:

BELIEVING means DOING what you believe, doing what JESUS says. There is another psg, which you conveniently left out.. that says that those who do not obey His commandments are lying (if they say they belong to Him or words to that effect).

So, yes? Because I am pretty sure that Christ has the upper had in any battle with a mortal.

Do you believe that Christ will reside in Rome when He returns?
Even Jesus does not know (and SAID He doesn't know) when the end will come. So how is some human being going to know?

why do you ask dumb Qs --I know!

It's a Gotcha game against Catholics!

Those despicable Catholics deserve it!

why don't you chase after those pagans who butcher children in the womb... might be more constructive?

Being saved is one thing. Staying saved is quite another

2nd psg:

BELIEVING means DOING what you believe, doing what JESUS says. There is another psg, which you conveniently left out.. that says that those who do not obey His commandments are lying (if they say they belong to Him or words to that effect).
No, belief is a mind set, and has nothing to do with action. Doing, for your own sake or for Christ's sake will be determined at the Bema Seat, in Heaven. When you accept Christ as your Savior your name is written in the Book of Life. Do you think your name is erased every time you sin and rewritten every time you repent?
Christ died ONCE, for all. Your help is not required...

But you keep skipping over my question. Surely Christ will reside in the Vatican when He returns, yes? If it is His true church, right? Answer the question...

No, belief is a mind set, and has nothing to do with action.

I'm not going to respond because this first thing you say is just assinine

Can you read?

Jesus said If you love me, you will keep my commandments!

that means DOING things like caring for the needy

"If you love Me you will keep My commandments"

-Jesus

Jesus commanded us to care about others. See Mt 25:31 about DOING things for others.
Not for your sake, in an effort to get into Heaven. For HIS SAKE because you love HIM.
We are saved by grace:

Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace

Answer my question...

Not for your sake, in an effort to get into Heaven. For HIS SAKE because you love HIM.
We are saved by grace:

Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace

Answer my question...
Read the entire Bible

not just scriptures protestants like

Can you read?

lol. You'll respond all day until facts instead of opinion are called for.
Is the Catholic Church mentioned among the candlesticks in Rev.?

Can you read?

Yes, of course! But that is not what saves us.

As TIR said, we are saved by grace, through faith.

Jesus even specified that, when He was asked what "works" we must do.

Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

John 6:28-29​

Read the entire Bible

not just scriptures protestants like
Pray for wisdom, for you are bereft of it...
Now instead of insulting protestants, just answer my question.
Where will Christ reside when He returns to earth? Or doesn't the Catholic Bible tell you?

Is Irish Ram mentioned?

quit being so stupid
Actually, I am mentioned. I am a new creature:
2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new

Insults aside, just answer the question...

Last edited:
Do you think your name is erased every time you sin and rewritten every time you repent?
Christ died ONCE, for all. Your help is not required...

AMEN! I think you have pinpointed the problem. Many Catholics (and even some non-Catholics) simply don't understand salvation. That could be a topic for a thread of its own.

Forum List

Back