🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why there is no middle ground with the Left

So what's Votto's goal?

Duh. If his opponents are evil people who won't compromise, that allows him to justify his own side's constant bad behavior.

Yes, it is that obvious.
The issue is the Federal government. They have gained too much power

But you don't care, because those on the Left do not believe that power corrupts, if they are woke.

For the rest of us, support the Article V movement for states to rise up and reclaim many of their rights that have been taken away.

The most horrific and oppressive governments in human history have been centralized ones with no checks and balances.

The US has become just that.

1. Is the climate actually changing? Yes.
2. Are humans responsible for its changes? In part, yes.
3. Does this mean we have to jump on some massive international consensus and obey, say, the UN? No.
This planet went through various planet-wide climate changes long before and since humans walked on two feet and will continue to do so. Some basic common sense actions can and are being taken, but we can't force large nations like China to jump on the band-wagon. So, we just do some of the basics and let it be at that.
As for the mention of "over-population," that will work itself out. At some point, the human population will reach a point whereby it completely overwhelms the planet's resources to meet the demand. When that occurs, massive starvation and die-off will solve the problem of demand versus supply availability. The population will simply by starvation be reduced to the point whereby the available food sources will be able to provide for the remaining population and no more.
But you are talking about politicians who will do anything for power and who will divide and conquer any way they can to achieve such power. Global warming is just one tool for that.

The truth is of little consequence.

The Green New Deal Will Kill Off More People Than the Bubonic Plague Did

Which is why China has an extremely low death rate from the virus. Evidence that "pollution" is the mortal enemy of viruses keeps piling up.
Had you ever considered the possibility that:

1. China is lying about the death numbers

OR

2. China had the vaccine before they released the virus.

Remember, China is consumed about population control as well, which is why they had their one child policy for the longest time.

I reckon they figure, why kill of Chinese when you can kill of other races and countries that you want to dominate?

As for the mention of "over-population," that will work itself out. At some point, the human population will reach a point whereby it completely overwhelms the planet's resources to meet the demand. When that occurs, massive starvation and die-off will solve the problem of demand versus supply availability. The population will simply by starvation be reduced to the point whereby the available food sources will be able to provide for the remaining population and no more.
Derek Jeter Got $900,00 Upfront to Put Himself Through Baseball's Equivalent of College Education

In 1798, Thomas Malthus gave the same Gloom and Doom forecast. He was dead wrong. Improvements in technology tend to far exceed population growth. But we are in danger unless we start giving superior students the exact same rewards that superior athletes get, from childhood on.

Conservatives have no voice

We never did, just the illusions of opposition at the highest levels of government.
Of course you have a voice. We constantly hear the whining.

Having a voice doesn't mean getting your way.

The issue is the Federal government. They have gained too much power
Just like those Jewish bankers, eh?
But you don't care, because those on the Left do not believe that power corrupts, if they are woke.
The Nazis went on propaganda crusades about how the Jews were evil, in order to justify their brownshirt tactics against the Jews.

Your fascist tactics aren't anything new.

You lied about global warming. The rational people have made all kinds of compromises.

You're lying about the supposed "crimes of Hillary Clinton".

You're lying about the reasons for support of abortion rights and transgender rights.

I note a pattern. Fascists need to manufacture reasons to hate.

Of course you have a voice. We constantly hear the whining.

Having a voice doesn't mean getting your way.
Having no voice means that the major media outlets censor you.

Having no voice means that academia censors you.

Otherwise, you are just screaming in an empty room.

Just like those Jewish bankers, eh?

The Nazis went on propaganda crusades about how the Jews were evil, in order to justify their brownshirt tactics against the Jews.

Your fascist tactics aren't anything new.

You lied about global warming. The rational people have made all kinds of compromises.

You're lying about the supposed "crimes of Hillary Clinton".

You're lying about the reasons for support of abortion rights and transgender rights.

I note a pattern. Fascists need to manufacture reasons to hate.
Idiot.

Again, all horrific governments in the past have been centralized nightmares with no checks and balances.

Why only concentrate on the Nazi regime?

Nazism is just another flavor of collectivism.

If you had not noticed, there is no middle ground with the Left, but if you look at their ideology, it will become evident as to why

Global Warming

Those on the Left insist that the entire world fight global warming, and those that refuse must be either forced to change their thoughts, or coerced. There is no middle ground and it MUST encompass the entire globe or all efforts will fail

Promotion of Abortion and Gender Confusion

Those on the Left are preoccupied with overpopulation, which is leads us back to global warming. Simply put, the more people there are, the more global warming their will be. So the only choice they have is to promote policies that reduce population levels, like people killing off their offspring or trying to convince school children by the teachers to convert to another sex so they won't have any offspring.

It is literally all or nothing for these folks who are fanatical about saving the planet. For them, the Constitution and right and wrong, be damned. This is about saving the planet.

Do they really believe in global warming that will destroy the planet? Those leading the charge don't, but the groupies like Gretta who have drunk the cool aid do. After all, if they really believed this then they would be building nuclear power plants, the only carbon free alternative that would meet the power needs of the masses, but they refuse to do so and just tell us to make do with less fossil fuels.
Two points to your foolish thread:

The left has never been defined no matter how many times I've asked of people like you. I'll define it for you: It is left of center, and Democrats do not have a single set of rules, laws or religion. The party has individuals who are conservative, moderate, liberal, progressive and revolutionary, especially on wedge issues:
  • Abortion
  • Climate Change
  • Budgeting
  • Bigotry
  • Guns
  • Gays
  • Voting Rights, etc.
The right is defined similarly, or was at one time***; however, beginning with Gingrich the party became more conservative and for those who chose to debate within the already small tent established a word to shut moderates up, i.e. RINO.

As the 21st century move onward the self proclaimed conservatives became callous in all social matters, fiscal matters and on voting rights. At one time the Republican Party had moderates, liberal in social matters and more conservative in fiscal matters. With the election of Trump, and the machinations of McConnell no more moderates have any say; now only the faux conservatives, callous conservatives and other radicals on the Far Right who advocate and support Authoritarians are the only voices to be heard.

***Republican Party Platform of 1956 | The American Presidency Project
A platform which today would be rejected as Far Left, aka as Revolutionary.

Mac1958 I know it's funny isn't it...Funny how when you don't have a response all you do is post a smiley....

Come on man, we actually had a somewhat reasoned conversation just a couple of days ago, are you telling me that you refuse to do that here?

Mac1958 I know it's funny isn't it...Funny how when you don't have a response all you do is post a smiley....

Come on man, we actually had a somewhat reasoned conversation just a couple of days ago, are you telling me that you refuse to do that here?
I'm done with asymmetrical conversations here. They are boring and pointless.

I can see both sides. I can hold both sides accountable. You can't. Boring.

Plenty of other people here for you to play with. I'm not interested.

Having no voice means that the major media outlets censor you.

Having no voice means that academia censors you.

Otherwise, you are just screaming in an empty room.
You guys have tons of media. And yeah, you’re screaming in an empty room because no one wants to hang out with you guys due to the screaming. It’s not actually surprising.

I'm done with asymmetrical conversations here. They are boring and pointless.

I can see both sides. I can hold both sides accountable. You can't. Boring.

Plenty of other people here for you to play with. I'm not interested.
Well, at least it's a response...Look, I am capable of holding both sides accountable, every bit as much as you do...

If the conversations are boring, then maybe you should figure something out to do that is more stimulating than trolling a message board...How may hours you figure you waste in here a week?

Well, at least it's a response...Look, I am capable of holding both sides accountable, every bit as much as you do...

If the conversations are boring, then maybe you should figure something out to do that is more stimulating than trolling a message board...How may hours you figure you waste in here a week?
Your opinion of me means nothing. Sorry.

Regarding the OP's point, I noticed that lack of a middle ground 3 or 4 years ago when it came to immigration reform. I thought Democrats should have taken what they could get but instead they took the unreasonable stance of wanting clemency offered to parents that came here illegally. They cried about Republicans wanting to break up families, as if those parents wouldn't be permitted to take their children back to Mexico. Meanwhile those DACA participants that reached maturity here in this country were tossed under the bus by the Democrats.

Forum List

Back