🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why We Are Not Making Progress Against Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in the past is such a tedious affair AKIP , especially given all the historic revisionists involved.

What say we try living for today?

Everyone gets a fair go at the brass ring,....

~S~

Do Americans have effective practices to decrease racism?

In USSR they consider, racism is a "product of capitalism" and claimed everytime "we are free from racism", but looking now at the history - they didn't solve any problems, only left racism alone to progress and gather a strength. Claiming common Russian tolerance as "advances of communism" :))
Russia has no racism simply because they have no blacks.

alexey-smertin.jpg
~S~

Wrote this a couple years ago...didn't get much traction...

The past is prologue.

It's a classic "sins of the father" scenario.

Slavery to Jim Crow to Separate but Equal...segregation thwarted assimilation, and now instead of regional American cultures that blend together at the edges, African-Americans have...thru segregationist policies...developed their own distinct culture with sharp and distinct boundaries within the older regional culture.

And it is literally the inequities of our father upon black slaves and later free black men (and women) that are being visited upon us...the generations that followed.

How can we unring that bell? Appalachia has maintained it's own distinct culture since the dawn of the nation, despite the more "sophisticated" [ :lol: ] Northeast's attempts to quash it. As has Massachusetts and NYC and Virginia and the South and the Ozarks etc. Once a culture is established, it's self perpetuating.

So the real question is...here we are, now what?

I Apologize for Slavery of Blacks

Slavery was not the only sin or was the only issue. Apologizing doesn't do it when you owe 10 trillion dollars in lost earnings and make excuses a to why you won't pay.
You've lost me.

Living in the past is such a tedious affair AKIP , especially given all the historic revisionists involved.

~S~
Living in the past is what people say who don't want to deal with the truths of the past. Today can only be explained by the past. Don't confuse explaining today with living in the past. One should not just live for today. I could take all my savings and just go blow it all in a matter of days. That is bad advice. Knowledge of the past and goals for the future will optimize TODAY, so that one does not repeat the mistakes of the past and one does not ruin their future by not planning and preparing for tomorrow.

In the past my people ruled the old world , all they conquered either assimilated or were enslaved AKIP

Today's businesses operate in step with this fundamental, just so you see my point of subjugation isn't constrained to ethnicity

We've been taught to smile as we kill, to live on the hill

We feign empathy ,and idolize greed

We are a capitalist society down to our rotted souls

So when some particular race waves the 'history' card , just what do you think the response is going to be?

~S~

In the past my people ruled the old world , all they conquered either assimilated or were enslaved AKIP

Today's businesses operate in step with this fundamental, just so you see my point of subjugation isn't constrained to ethnicity

We've been taught to smile as we kill, to live on the hill

We feign empathy ,and idolize greed

We are a capitalist society down to our rotted souls

So when some particular race waves the 'history' card , just what do you think the response is going to be?

~S~

White wave the history card all the time. Everything is not a fucking card. Some things are facts to be recognized.

The past is prologue.

Slavery to Jim Crow to Separate but Equal...segregation thwarted assimilation, and now instead of regional American cultures that blend together at the edges, African-Americans have...thru segregationist policies...developed their own distinct culture with sharp and distinct boundaries within the older regional culture.

And it is literally the inequities of our father upon black slaves and later free black men (and women) that are being visited upon us...the generations that followed.

How can we unring that bell? Appalachia has maintained it's own distinct culture since the dawn of the nation, despite the more "sophisticated" [ :lol: ] Northeast's attempts to quash it. As has Massachusetts and NYC and Virginia and the South and the Ozarks etc. Once a culture is established, it's self perpetuating.

Slavery was not the only sin or was the only issue. Apologizing doesn't do it when you owe 10 trillion dollars in lost earnings and make excuses a to why you won't pay.
You've lost me.

There is a simple reality to the years of overt oppression of blacks in this country hat most do not understand. That is the economic reality of working with no pay from 1618 until 1863 by law, then the reduced income or lack of income caused by he national policy of Apartheid from the end if slavery until 1965 and that's a minimum. Experts have said bacs lost between 6.4-10 trillion dollars of earnings during slavery alone. This is what I am referring to OldLady. The post by Missourian is so inaccurate that it's a waste of time to read. Blacks have not developed any separate and distinct culture any more than any other ethnic group has in this country.

Certain whites want to us slavery to make excuses of what they aren't responsible for. But the issue is more than slavery and who somebody did not own. The issue extends into our lifetimes including right now.

~S~

I don't think so.

This Is Proof That Institutional Racism Is Still Very Much A Problem

The roots of racism run deep. They permeate our culture beyond the existence of racial slurs and persist regardless of our first black president. To see examples of systemic racism, you don’t even need to look far. If you have gone to school, lived in a house, had a job, or been to the doctor, you’ve likely been hurt or helped by institutional racism at some point in your life.

Institutional racism, or systemic racism, is defined as the pattern of social and political systems discriminating against a group of people based on race. If you’re wondering how a school or a bank or any “thing” or “system” can be racist, ask yourself who runs those “things” and “systems.” A government or any other institution is created and run by human beings. While a building or a document cannot itself hold prejudice or beliefs (on account of...they’re made of bricks and/or paper), human beings are more than capable of holding prejudicial beliefs, and in turn, creating systems that reflect those beliefs.

My “But slavery was abolished and hate crimes are illegal” senses are tingling; this is usually the part in the conversation where laws established or struck down are used as examples of why institutional racism can’t exist. If Equal Employment Opportunity Laws make it federally illegal, how can job discrimination based on race persist? Oh, sweet, naive, hypothetical question. Making something illegal doesn’t make it go away. If that were the case, murders would never happen and even if they did, they would all be solved and the victim brought justice. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unsolved murders still very much exist. Like, there are whole basic cable channels dedicated to them.

Proof That Institutional Racism Is Still A Problem

The current occupant of the WH is clearly a barrier to progress.

The previous denizen of the White House did more to damage race relations in this country than 100 President Trumps.

We haven't lived in such a racial charged environment since the late '60s.

Spoken like a true dumb white who apparently never had to face the continuing white racism in the 70's, 80's and 90's so just because whites were mad that a black man was president the racial atmosphere was charged because the only thing that counts to them is how they feel but no one else.
now--your post is worthless crap--many whites voted the Obama--

Less than 50 percent of all whites voted for Obama both times. But you are dumb so we can't expect any better.

The previous denizen of the White House did more to damage race relations in this country than 100 President Trumps.

Spoken like a true dumb white who apparently never had to face the continuing white racism in the 70's, 80's and 90's so just because whites were mad that a black man was president the racial atmosphere was charged because the only thing that counts to them is how they feel but no one else.

Less than 50 percent of all whites voted for Obama both times. But you are dumb so we can't expect any better.

Barrypuppet was a deep state marxist. Are you claiming that the Barrypuppet should have been given the "sympathy" vote due to the tint of his skin? Explain that to me........you believe that "guilt" should have played a part in the election of the Barrypuppet that was a deep state operative?

In 2018, it's time we become better informed. Some of the things I read in here makes no sense. Zero nada, zilch.

At this point, the whole race thing is over . . . it doesn’t matter anymore. We’ve transcended it. Now we have a black president, so clearly we are not racist,” stated one young woman after the first election of Barack Obama as president of the United States. In the euphoria of Obama’s first election, many Americans—on the left, right, and center—agreed that America had become post-racial. Today, many on the left recognize that America is still struggling with racism. But what liberals may not fully appreciate is the degree to which the rest of America is still deep within a post-racial haze.

New research from social psychologists at Yale and Northwestern Universities reveals that Americans—especially rich, white Americans—greatly overestimate how much racial progress we have made toward economic equality. Averaging across 5 economic measures, the researchers find that Americans estimate that we have made about 25 percent more progress toward black-white economic equality than we actually have made.

Worse still, Americans are most inaccurate on the most important economic measure—wealth. Scholars have come to recognize that wealth—the value of assets minus debts—is the most important measure of a family’s overall economic well-being. The social psychologists find that Americans overestimate our progress toward black-white wealth equality by about 80 percent. Today, for every dollar of wealth that whites have, blacks have only a few cents. "

" For those who believe that black people are already equal with white people, any policy that seeks to address anti-black discrimination looks like an attempt to give blacks an advantage over whites.
Many Americans, particularly Republicans, believe that today there is more discrimination against white people than against black people.

Because so many Americans are not grounded in the reality of American racism, the call for a “conversation on race” is a bad idea. We need Americans to go on fact-finding missions on racism, not try to engage in conversation when there is no agreement on the basic facts.

We have to be aware that because we are a segregated society, many white people learn about black people from the media. Some white people see prominent, highly successful black people in movies and on television and assume that those individuals are indicative of the economic standing of African Americans. Also, there is right-wing media that consciously tries to mislead white Americans about racism and to foster a sense of white victimization. We have to find ways to penetrate Americans’ information bubbles. "

This is America to hear most of you tell it, we should be way beyond this.
You post this racist stuff proving you WANT to live in the past. You relish posting the many unjust and evil actions of whites toward blacks, of generations ago. You also give no thought or consideration to the many actions whites took to end slavery and racism.

The most ironic thing about silly people like you, is you are a proud Democrat. Yet, clearly the D Party was the party of racism, Jim Crow, slavery, etc...do you fail to see the illogical nature of your beliefs? You live in the past, but chose to ignore the D Party's past. LOL!

And here is the evidence if the abject stupidity of whites like you. In the first paragraph you talk about me wanting to live in the past because I present the record of white racism that has to do with the attitudes whites like you have today. Then in the next one, I am to recognize the democratic party of 150 years ago. I know a about that, but you seem unable to understand that I also know the record of the republican party:

The lily-white movement was an all-white faction of the Republican Party in the Southern United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It battled and usually defeated the biracial element called the Black-and-tan faction.

During Reconstruction, following the U.S. Civil War, black leaders in Texas and around the country gained increasing influence in the Republican Party by organizing blacks as an important voting bloc. Conservative whites attempted to eliminate this influence and recover white voters who had defected to the Democratic Party. The effort was largely successful in eliminating African-American influence in the Republican Party leading to black voters predominantly migrating to the Democratic Party for much of the 20th century.

The term lily-white movement was coined by Texas Republican leader Norris Wright Cuney, who used the term in an 1888 Republican convention to describe efforts by white conservatives to oust blacks from positions of Texas party leadership and incite riots to divide the party.[1] The term came to be used nationally to describe this ongoing movement as it further developed in the early 20th century,[2] including through the administration of Herbert Hoover. Localized movements began immediately after the war but by the beginning of the 20th century the effort had become national.”

“This movement is largely credited with driving blacks out of the Republican party during the early 20th century, setting the stage for their eventual support of the Democrats.”

So given the policy objectives of the current republican party and it's opposition to civil rights along with the pro white racism expressed by your CURRENT leadership and majority of party members such as yourself and many other republicans in this and other forums, I'd be a damn fool to be a republican. That's what you call living in the present, but you are dumb so we can't expect any better.

In 2018, it's time we become better informed. Some of the things I read in here makes no sense. Zero nada, zilch.

At this point, the whole race thing is over . . . it doesn’t matter anymore. We’ve transcended it. Now we have a black president, so clearly we are not racist,” stated one young woman after the first election of Barack Obama as president of the United States. In the euphoria of Obama’s first election, many Americans—on the left, right, and center—agreed that America had become post-racial. Today, many on the left recognize that America is still struggling with racism. But what liberals may not fully appreciate is the degree to which the rest of America is still deep within a post-racial haze.

New research from social psychologists at Yale and Northwestern Universities reveals that Americans—especially rich, white Americans—greatly overestimate how much racial progress we have made toward economic equality. Averaging across 5 economic measures, the researchers find that Americans estimate that we have made about 25 percent more progress toward black-white economic equality than we actually have made.

Worse still, Americans are most inaccurate on the most important economic measure—wealth. Scholars have come to recognize that wealth—the value of assets minus debts—is the most important measure of a family’s overall economic well-being. The social psychologists find that Americans overestimate our progress toward black-white wealth equality by about 80 percent. Today, for every dollar of wealth that whites have, blacks have only a few cents. "

" For those who believe that black people are already equal with white people, any policy that seeks to address anti-black discrimination looks like an attempt to give blacks an advantage over whites.
Many Americans, particularly Republicans, believe that today there is more discrimination against white people than against black people.

Because so many Americans are not grounded in the reality of American racism, the call for a “conversation on race” is a bad idea. We need Americans to go on fact-finding missions on racism, not try to engage in conversation when there is no agreement on the basic facts.

We have to be aware that because we are a segregated society, many white people learn about black people from the media. Some white people see prominent, highly successful black people in movies and on television and assume that those individuals are indicative of the economic standing of African Americans. Also, there is right-wing media that consciously tries to mislead white Americans about racism and to foster a sense of white victimization. We have to find ways to penetrate Americans’ information bubbles. "

You post this racist stuff proving you WANT to live in the past. You relish posting the many unjust and evil actions of whites toward blacks, of generations ago. You also give no thought or consideration to the many actions whites took to end slavery and racism.

The most ironic thing about silly people like you, is you are a proud Democrat. Yet, clearly the D Party was the party of racism, Jim Crow, slavery, etc...do you fail to see the illogical nature of your beliefs? You live in the past, but chose to ignore the D Party's past. LOL!

And here is the evidence if the abject stupidity of whites like you. In the first paragraph you talk about me wanting to live in the past because I present the record of white racism that has to do with the attitudes whites like you have today. Then in the next one, I am to recognize the democratic party of 150 years ago. I know a about that, but you seem unable to understand that I also know the record of the republican party:

The lily-white movement was an all-white faction of the Republican Party in the Southern United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It battled and usually defeated the biracial element called the Black-and-tan faction.

During Reconstruction, following the U.S. Civil War, black leaders in Texas and around the country gained increasing influence in the Republican Party by organizing blacks as an important voting bloc. Conservative whites attempted to eliminate this influence and recover white voters who had defected to the Democratic Party. The effort was largely successful in eliminating African-American influence in the Republican Party leading to black voters predominantly migrating to the Democratic Party for much of the 20th century.

The term lily-white movement was coined by Texas Republican leader Norris Wright Cuney, who used the term in an 1888 Republican convention to describe efforts by white conservatives to oust blacks from positions of Texas party leadership and incite riots to divide the party.[1] The term came to be used nationally to describe this ongoing movement as it further developed in the early 20th century,[2] including through the administration of Herbert Hoover. Localized movements began immediately after the war but by the beginning of the 20th century the effort had become national.”

“This movement is largely credited with driving blacks out of the Republican party during the early 20th century, setting the stage for their eventual support of the Democrats.”

So given the policy objectives of the current republican party and it's opposition to civil rights along with the pro white racism expressed by your CURRENT leadership and majority of party members such as yourself and many other republicans in this and other forums, I'd be a damn fool to be a republican. That's what you call living in the present, but you are dumb so we can't expect any better.

The 14th amendment didn't free the slaves, it simply made all Americans "slaves" and subject to the jurisdiction of USA.INC. You have so much to learn.

Barrypuppet was a deep state marxist. Are you claiming that the Barrypuppet should have been given the "sympathy" vote due to the tint of his skin? Explain that to me........you believe that "guilt" should have played a part in the election of the Barrypuppet that was a deep state operative?

Another dumb one. What does guilt have to do with this? There is no deep state but you are dumb so we can't expect any better.

The 14th amendment didn't free the slaves, it simply made all Americans "slaves" and subject to the jurisdiction of USA.INC. You have so much to learn.

Lunacy.

Another dumb one. What does guilt have to do with this? There is no deep state but you are dumb so we can't expect any better.

No "deep state"? No "shadow government"? No C.O.G program? HOLY SHIT! Stop posting because you are simply exposing your ignorance.

The past is prologue.

Nobody alive today owes you money for what other people did in the past to people who aren’t you.
Nice to know it’s a handout you’re really pushing for though :wink:

You are paying Native Americans right now for what other people did in the past and to people who are not them.

The past is prologue.

I didn't apologize. I never owned a slave.

There will never be one thin dime of reparations in either of our lifetimes.

Like I said slavery was not the only issue and you are watching white America crumble in your faces because you have chosen to break a spiritual law that says if you have slaves pay them after 7 years. Not only have you whites not done it, you gloat about how you won't. So I'll just sit and watch white land crumble without remorse just like you guys have refused to pay us the money you owe us without remorse. The laws you guys have broke are required to be followed. There is no negotiating the fine levied if you don't. So I will be getting my retirement checks direct deposited and watch the misery white racists will endure as you pay the fine. And in the end, you will be apologizing.
You aren’t owed any money.

Yes I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back