Why we need the 2nd Amendment

It is the selector that make it enabled for full auto or limited burst auto, not the shape of the rifle that makes the M-16 an assault weapon suited for combat and the AR-15 not. Get real. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
The M-16 is a multi-use platform. You can use it in combat, and best in a firefight on single shot, but go auto as suppressive fire for moving to a new position, or suppression to egress. If clearing a building in close quarters door by door, a burst of automatic is a good calling card and effective at putting down multiples in close, where precision aim is not the highest priority, but speed of putting a lot of rounds in a small space is. That, dude, is an assault weapon.
Not the case with an AR-15, look alike. Where the idea is to acquire, aim to sight picture, and squeeze a round, then repeat if necessary.

If I am going to suppress, say, a doorway, I will center my rounds on that doorway. SAme goes for any entrance or egress. And since I can get adequate firepower from a semi auto with a high degree or reload capability the I would be an idiot to choose to empty my weapon out and cause the Eleventh Commandment of Battle. And the AR can do the same job is experienced hands as the M-16 (all models). As for the 3 shot setting, you are doing a joke right?

Too many years in Combat Arms Enlisted Mos and Officer Branch assignment, and all those years of training people to use them, tactically and on ranges, I guess. After a few million rounds down range, I am not too interested in splitting hairs, when I know the difference. The people that put the pen to paper on writing the laws that suit you, in the language that suits you, are clueless about these weapons by comparison, same as you.
Ah, your arrogance does become you.
\

Firstly, the 2nd says "a well regulated militia".
It does Not say every idiot is militia.

Secondly.
What are you gonna do if America is attacked on the other side if the country? Illtell you. Nothing because the military dont need Rambos like you with you ageing pop guns. You're fabricating exteaordinary excuses that will NEVER unfold regardless of how you try.
The logistics of what you say are impossible. Your best bet would be leave it to the military. You would only get in the road.
The second amendment doesnt exist to protect the citizenry against a foreign invader, though it would, it's to protect them against a tyrannical government.

If I am going to suppress, say, a doorway, I will center my rounds on that doorway. SAme goes for any entrance or egress. And since I can get adequate firepower from a semi auto with a high degree or reload capability the I would be an idiot to choose to empty my weapon out and cause the Eleventh Commandment of Battle. And the AR can do the same job is experienced hands as the M-16 (all models). As for the 3 shot setting, you are doing a joke right?
You can do that with virtually any semi automatic rifle, what's your point?

And the 3rd burst does have it's applications. Not every combat situation is you sitting or in the prone with the ability to take well aimed shots at stationary targets who aren't firing back at you like doorways.

The second amendment doesnt exist to protect the citizenry against a foreign invader, though it would, it's to protect them against a tyrannical government.

Okay, lt's look at it another direction. It's there to prevent the Federal Goverment from monkeying with States Rights.

You can do that with virtually any semi automatic rifle, what's your point?

And the 3rd burst does have it's applications. Not every combat situation is you sitting or in the prone with the ability to take well aimed shots at stationary targets who aren't firing back at you like doorways.

My adrenelin pretty well makes every shot a 3 shot burst in single shot mode when required.

And as I said it depends on how you see a tyrant.
it’s easy to confuse a corrupt politician with a tyrant if you were born and live in the United States.

You might ask a person from Cuba or Venezuela who is living in the states if he feels this nation is a tyranny. I used to live in a predominate Cuban neighborhood. Cubans who fled Cuba were damn happy to be living in the U.S.

You have to really want to leave a nation to travel like this.

050322_cubans_truck_hmed12p.jpg

My adrenelin pretty well makes every shot a 3 shot burst in single shot mode when required.
no it doesnt. you cant pull the trigger as fast as the gun will cycle itself. It's funny that you think you can.

no it doesnt. you cant pull the trigger as fast as the gun will cycle itself. It's funny that you think you can.

The difference is, all shots are on target but in 3 shot or full auto, only the first shot is on target.

Machine Guns in the Civilian World needed to be curtailed. There were a lot of innocents that died due to spray and pray shooting of a thompson.
The people doing the shooting should have been taken off the streets instead.

Andn why is that? could it be that the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the due dilligence of many law enforcements contributed to it's demise? And we have to be very careful. The Ghost Gun Full Autos are starting to surface because of you 2nd Amendment Gunnutters.
Arrest the people using them to cause harm. Problem solved.

If 5 guys are rushing through that doorway you would need to use automatic fire.

That's a complete lie because it doesn't say that read it dickhead. That's a very poor justification for an arsenal of unused weapons.

What you really mean is a Democrat government. Trump was the wannabe fascist/tyrant by orchestrating the j6 riots but you did nothing about it.
There will be no tyrannical governments whole democracy prevails and the election of Biden over trump proves the people are not as mad as you.

That's a complete lie because it doesn't say that read it dickhead. That's a very poor justification for an arsenal of unused weapons.

What you really mean is a Democrat government. Trump was the wannabe fascist/tyrant by orchestrating the j6 riots but you did nothing about it.
There will be no tyrannical governments whole democracy prevails and the election of Biden over trump proves the people are not as mad as you.
Cool story

Forum List

Back