Why Won't Liberals Admit that the Economy Has Improved Markedly Under Trump?

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
In a bizarre display of refusing to take yes for an answer and of not wanting to hear good news, most liberals continue to deny that the economy has improved substantially under Trump. Do they not realize that average Americans who are benefiting from the improved economy will view liberal denials as odd and unpersuasive? Consider:

* The stock market has grown more under Trump since the month he was elected than it did under Obama in 4 years. In January 2013, the stock market was at 13,900 (I'm rounding off for convenience sometimes). In late October 2016, the month before Trump was elected, the market was at 18,100. That's a gain of 4,200 points in 4 years. Just three weeks after Trump's election, the market jumped by over 1,000 points, going from 18,100 to 19,152 in late November 2016. As of last week, the market stood at 24,271, a gain of 6,000 points.

* Since Trump took office in January 2017, over 2.9 million new jobs have been created.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

* The unemployment rate has dropped to 3.8%, the lowest rate since April 2000. The lowest unemployment rate under Obama was 4.6%.

Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics [you have to set the search parameters to go back to January 2000]

* We now have more manufacturing jobs than we ever did under Obama. As of May 2018, there were 12,670,000 manufacturing jobs. Under Obama, the highest number of manufacturing jobs was 12,370,000.

* Since Trump took office, there have been 304,000 new manufacturing jobs created. In contrast, under Obama, we *lost* manufacturing jobs, going from 1,256,000 in January 2009 to 1,236,900 in January 2017, a loss of 30,000 manufacturing jobs.

* Black and Hispanic unemployment rates are at historic lows.

Black, Hispanic unemployment rates hit record lows in April

* Under Trump, the U-6 unemployment rate, aka the "real unemployment rate," has dropped a staggering 1.8 percentage points, or a whopping 17%, going from 9.4% in January 2017 to 7.6% in May.

U6 Unemployment Rate | Portal Seven

But rather than rejoice in all this good economic news, most liberals insist on living in some parallel universe where the economy is doing badly or barely making any progress. Very odd.

The stock market is not the economy.

GDP still hasn't hit 3.0. When it does, we'll need to sustain it.

Wage increases are still at below 3.0%. We have to get above that and sustain it.

The deficit is forecast to be significantly higher.

I'm hoping for the best, but the clock is ticking.

Last edited:
In a bizarre display of refusing to take yes for an answer and of not wanting to hear good news, most liberals continue to deny that the economy has improved substantially under Trump. Do they not realize that average Americans who are benefiting from the improved economy will view liberal denials as odd and unpersuasive? Consider:

* The stock market has grown more under Trump since the month he was elected than it did under Obama in 4 years. In January 2013, the stock market was at 13,900 (I'm rounding off for convenience sometimes). In late October 2016, the month before Trump was elected, the market was at 18,100. That's a gain of 4,200 points in 4 years. Just three weeks after Trump's election, the market jumped by over 1,000 points, going from 18,100 to 19,152 in late November 2016. As of last week, the market stood at 24,271, a gain of 6,000 points.

* Since Trump took office in January 2017, over 2.9 million new jobs have been created.

* The unemployment rate has dropped to 3.8%, the lowest rate since April 2000. The lowest unemployment rate under Obama was 4.6%.

Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics [you have to set the search parameters to go back to January 2000]

* We now have more manufacturing jobs than we ever did under Obama. As of May 2018, there were 12,670,000 manufacturing jobs. Under Obama, the highest number of manufacturing jobs was 12,370,000.

* Since Trump took office, there have been 304,000 new manufacturing jobs created. In contrast, under Obama, we *lost* manufacturing jobs, going from 1,256,000 in January 2009 to 1,236,900 in January 2017, a loss of 30,000 manufacturing jobs.

* Under Trump, the U-6 unemployment rate, aka the "real unemployment rate," has dropped a staggering 1.8 percentage points, or a whopping 17%, going from 9.4% in January 2017 to 7.6% in May.

But rather than rejoice in all this good economic news, most liberals insist on living in some parallel universe where the economy is doing badly or barely making any progress. Very odd.

Don't know wtf it's got to do with "Liberals" but I just had a look at my portfolios and one of them has made a screaming 2% this year while the other is mired at 1.3. Second-worst year ever. I'll consider myself lucky if it avoids going into the red by year's end.

Same GDP growth, and continued positive employment trend that was handed to him. The stock market is down hundreds of points for 2018 so far and we are in multiple trade wars. The Dow went up 12,000 points during Obama’s Presidency. Obama ended on 72 straight months of job growth. The GOP called all that terrible news.

What a load of horseshit, stock market comparo is very selective (a month BEFORE election as a cut off...wtf?) and jobs/GDP growth has been about the same as it was for 7 years.

Throughout those seven years Republicans did nothing but samelessly shit on economy just like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Everyday it was another rightwinger measuring economy by the LFPR, a word now forgoten.

And now you post something about liberals not being fair? Fuck off asshole, rightwingers can't touch liberals on being fair.

Last edited:

Because it hasnt. Economic policies typically dont take effect for 2 years. Thank Obama for the economy. The next couple of years you will start seeing the effects of Drumpfs decisions.

How can libs admit that "the monster" actually has done a lot of good things to their country? A lot more good things than Obama and a lot less harm.

Last edited:

Anyone that knows anything about the markets knows that you never speak of points but percentages gained and loss. If points are all that matter then Obama is 100 times better than Reagan, which I doubt you would agree to.

That is an average of 170,588 jobs a month during his time in office. That is worse than the average for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.

Where is the marked improvement on this graph when Trump took over...seems it just kept doing what it was doing before he took over, moving lower.

upload_2018-7-3_14-40-57.png

Once again, no marked change after Trump won, just more of what it was doing.

upload_2018-7-3_14-41-41.png

How can libs admit that "the monster" actually has done a lot of good things to their country?
I cant think of one thing this orange clown has done for the country. Can anyone else?
Sure we can, but then you'll just lie more like every lib shit stain on here.
If you can then please tell us. I give credit where credit is due. FYI I should have specified something good the orange clown has done for this country.

How can libs admit that "the monster" actually has done a lot of good things to their country?
I cant think of one thing this orange clown has done for the country. Can anyone else?
If you can then please tell us. I give credit where credit is due. FYI I should have specified something good the orange clown has done for this country.

Lowering taxes for one. I don't pay taxes anyhow so it doesn't affect me. But it did affect Democreeps. They think it's their money and it kills them not to give out all that free shit. From now on they will lose votes. Tee Hee Hee

Lowering taxes for one. I don't pay taxes anyhow so it doesn't affect me. But it did affect Democreeps. They think it's their money and it kills them not to give out all that free shit. From now on they will lose votes. Tee Hee Hee
Only a rube would fall for that mirage. Youre going to be paying more in taxes shortly not to mention he is eroding any present day savings with his tariff wars

Last edited:

Lowering taxes without corresponding spending cuts is like going out and buying a brand new car after you lose your job.

Only a rube would fall for that mirage. Youre going to be paying more in taxes shortly not to mention he is eroding any savings with his tariff wars

There's a second tax cut in the works, according to Trump and what do you think our tariffs are gonna do to the other greedy countries? Personally I believe tariffs are gonna be reduced all around.All those countries will get over their hissy fits and things will go to normal.
Some of them were charging us 150% and we either charged 0% or a small percentage. Trump is utilizing his business acumen and skills.

Because the truth is, the economy was BETTER under Obama.

Job creation was better. 234,000 a month in 2016, versus 184,000 a month in 2017.

As for jobless rates, Trump is standing in Obama’s shoulders. From 2010 to January 2017, you had the longest sustained job growth in excess of 200,000 per month in history. Job growth for blacks and Hispanics has SLOWED under Trump.

Gas prices are sharply up due to Trump's withdrawal from the Iran Deal. Steel prices are rising due to tariffs. Farmers are worried as soy bean futures drop through the floor and farm prices are affected.

The stock market is down from the start of the year after 7 years of steady gains. Corporate tax revenues are substantially reduced and the deficit is growing faster than at any time in history. Your trade deals, treaties and alliances are in tatters.

Trump made a big announcement at the ground breaking about 13,000 jobs in Wisconsin, but it comes at the expense of billions of dollars in infrastructure and investment such that taxpayers in Wisconsin will be paying $700,000 per job, and that’s only if all 13,000 new jobs come to pass. What good is that?

I see chaos, disorder, and a President who revels in his ignorance and gets outplayed in every negotiation.

The basic truth is that while the economy displayed steady growth over the past 12 months, the same was true of the 72 months or so that came before that.

what changed was consumer confidence.

no more, no less. Facts are there to back it up.

The left are running the George Bush playbook from 2006-2008, no matter what the truth is broadcast liberal propaganda 24/7 that everything is horrible. Everything, even peace with NK is doom and gloom. Now do you see why the left must be obliterated once and for all?

Forum List

Back