Will Republicans end social security?

Will Republicans end social security?

• Yes, at least try

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 71.8%

• Total voters
We need to stop cutting corporate taxes.

We need to stop giving Israel $4 billion dollars a year. Do you know that? Israel has basically a $4 billion dollar a year pension with the united states. It didn't start off as $4 billion but it's gone up over time. So for the rest of our countries life, we will forever give Israel $4 billion OR MORE dollars every year. How about we cut that to $2 billion before you cut your own social security stupid?
And how much are we sending to Ukraine and other nations? If you cut one, cut them all, Amtrak, Planned Parenthood, public broadcastin, all of it.

American corporations have been awash in cash since W was in office giving tax breaks for off-shoring.
product prices stayed low because of that right? Didn't cost consumers and no one gave a shit about the jobs lost. I know that, because Trump said to tax the product coming in and you all lost your minds about product costs. Can't have it both ways, and why demofks are insane.

Last edited:
Bush and Trump and the GOP are every bit as responsible as anyone else for the 31T debt, bright eyes.

FACTS not guesses... Trump's repatriation program brought back over $1 trillion of which

U.S. companies have repatriated $1 trillion since tax overhaul​

Before the overhaul, companies had an incentive to keep profits overseas because they owed a 35% tax when bringing it back and could defer payment by keeping funds offshore. The law set a one-time 15.5% tax rate on cash and 8% on non-cash or illiquid assets.

Which in turn caused nearly $350 billion in addition revenue...
PLUS whatever happened to the repatriated amount in dividends (which are taxed again!!!), new buildings, new hires, new equipment by the companies that repatriated.

offshoreTaxreveunafterTrumpcuts.png

Obama_TrumpTaxrevenues.png

And how much are we sending to Ukraine and other nations? If you cut one, cut them all, Amtrak, Planned Parenthood, public broadcastin, all of it.
No there are circumstances. That's a limited time aid we are giving them for a reason. It's insane you Republicans play politics with everything. Suddenly you don't see why we are not allowing Russia to take over land. OMG I can't believe you are sucking me into having to explain it. It's like you guys want to blow up the entire world and you think somehow the rich and powerful are not going to rule the new world order when it takes over.

I can't believe you want to let Russia take Ukraine and China take Taiwan. I mean it's just insane how much Republicans have changed. Reagan is rolling over in his grave.

Couple quotes:

Ronald Reagan is rolling over in his grave knowing there are Republicans who think America shouldn't stand up to Russia.

Obama says Reagan ‘would roll over in his grave’ over GOP fondness for Putin​

The total blame for the increase of SS is Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) due to Biden's causing inflation!

This is the affect of INFLATION on our cost of living and therefore SS raises the payments projected for 2024 at 3.2% after the 8.7% COLA increase that SS was forced to increase SS payments for 2023.

You don’t think UAW is concerned with electric cars?
Yea it was smart of Trump to use that to win some of them over. The UAW may support Democrats but there are a lot of Republicans in the UAW. Red Necks. White Trash. Blue Collar. Deplorables. God, gays guns and racism republicans who don't think Republicans will fuck them.

I wonder how many of them got fucked by Republicans in 2009?

It's Official: GM Files For Bankruptcy​

June 1, 2009

The total blame for the increase of SS is Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) due to Biden's causing inflation!

This is the affect of INFLATION on our cost of living and therefore SS raises the payments projected for 2024 at 3.2% after the 8.7% COLA increase that SS was forced to increase SS payments for 2023.

I have always said I'd be ok with FREEZING everyone's social security. If you are getting $2000 a month now, then you will be getting $2000 a month in 20 years. That's it.

That would go a long way to saving the program.

I do understand that would "fuck" me too but I think that's a fair thing to do. Here's your $2000 a month for the rest of your life. Don't cry about inflation. Get a job.

Oh, and don't tax seniors who work. Let them work up to 32 hours a week tax free. No COLA then no pay taxes anymore. Seniors, not corporations, should pay zero taxes. They'll spend the money.

No there are circumstances. That's a limited time aid we are giving them for a reason. It's insane you Republicans play politics with everything. Suddenly you don't see why we are not allowing Russia to take over land. OMG I can't believe you are sucking me into having to explain it. It's like you guys want to blow up the entire world and you think somehow the rich and powerful are not going to rule the new world order when it takes over.

I can't believe you want to let Russia take Ukraine and China take Taiwan. I mean it's just insane how much Republicans have changed. Reagan is rolling over in his grave.

Couple quotes:

Ronald Reagan is rolling over in his grave knowing there are Republicans who think America shouldn't stand up to Russia.

Obama says Reagan ‘would roll over in his grave’ over GOP fondness for Putin​

All of it needs to end, I don’t care about Russia or Ukraine, they are draining our money, so you bitch about one country and not the other. It is you who turns it into politics. I am not picking or choosing because of politics, I’m say all or none, nothing political dumb ass. Quit playing politics and end it all. I am also not a Republican moron, you are really a stupid moron.

Yea it was smart of Trump to use that to win some of them over. The UAW may support Democrats but there are a lot of Republicans in the UAW. Red Necks. White Trash. Blue Collar. Deplorables. God, gays guns and racism republicans who don't think Republicans will fuck them.

I wonder how many of them got fucked by Republicans in 2009?

It's Official: GM Files For Bankruptcy​

June 1, 2009
Yep, that was why I was against the bail out, really stupid for Americans to fund corporations. I don’t give a damn about Democrats or Republicans they both added to the debt amd you are stupid enough to keep voting for those That vote to raise the debt.

what needs to be done? How can they strengthen it? Don't they need demofks?
It's very simple. We are living longer, we should be working longer.

Only 5.4% of the US population was over 65 when Social Security was enacted.

In 1965, when Medicare was created, 9 percent of the population was over 65.

Today, 17 percent of the population is over 65.

It should be screamingly obvious this trend cannot be supported forever.

A larger and larger percentage of the population is being supported by a smaller and smaller percentage.

The answer is simple. We need to raise the eligibility age for SS and Medicare to 70, and index it to 9 percent of the population going forward.

Easy peasy.

I have always said I'd be ok with FREEZING everyone's social security. If you are getting $2000 a month now, then you will be getting $2000 a month in 20 years. That's it.

That would go a long way to saving the program.

I do understand that would "fuck" me too but I think that's a fair thing to do. Here's your $2000 a month for the rest of your life. Don't cry about inflation. Get a job.

Oh, and don't tax seniors who work. Let them work up to 32 hours a week tax free. No COLA then no pay taxes anymore. Seniors, not corporations, should pay zero taxes. They'll spend the money.
Your ideas sound good.
The major difference I see though is you ignorance about corporations paying"zero taxes".
You are evidently not aware that when an employee pays FICA taxes , the employer matches that?
6.2% by employee and 6.2% by employer.
So all corporations pay at least 6.2% tax for their employees.
I've been on SS for several years and 2022 COLA was the highest I'd ever had and it is totally due to cost of living being 8.7% increase over 2021.
Please do a little awareness that corporations are NOT the evil people like you think!
Of course CEOs make hundreds times more in salary than their employees because THE CEOs make decisions that are in many cases life-changing. Most employees would never be mentally or emotionally capable and would NOT qualify for the money CEOs, executives make.

demofks will die with their DC veterans. Otherwise we'd have term limits, cause it's only conservatives who push that bill.

The ONLY reason Republicans are now demanding term limits is because Democratic policies are so successful that once Democrats are in control, the public won't vote them out. This is in contrast to the Republicans who keep crashing the economy every time they get control of the White House.

When Republicans has sensible economic policies instead of cut taxes and spend like drunken sailors until the economy crashes, they were the party of ideas. But as the party became more and more radical, they found it impossible to get elected on hate alone, so now they want term limits.

The ONLY reason Republicans are now demanding term limits is because Democratic policies are so successful that once Democrats are in control, the public won't vote them out. This is in contrast to the Republicans who keep crashing the economy every time they get control of the White House.

When Republicans has sensible economic policies instead of cut taxes and spend like drunken sailors until the economy crashes, they were the party of ideas. But as the party became more and more radical, they found it impossible to get elected on hate alone, so now they want term limits.
Doesn’t concern Canadians

Forum List

Back