Will Republicans end social security?

Will Republicans end social security?

• Yes, at least try

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 71.8%

• Total voters
Inflation is a world wide phenomenon greatly aided by Trump's incapable handling of the Covid crisis

healthmyth's arguments prove that.

Let's start with there are no "marxists" in the Democratic Party, and then go from there.

For decades, the REPUBLICAN Party has been propping up every right wing dictatorship in the world because "Better dead than Red" wasn't just a bumper sticker for Republicans. And now, just like racism, Republicans are trying to convince you that Democrats are the party who started all of the wars of the past 70 years, and not the Republicans.
The Demwit Party IS the Marxist Party. Try to keep up with the times. I may also help to know what Marx taught and believed. If the shoe fits ...

It wasn't discussed during the elections but does any one doubt SS is going to be put on the chopping block?

No way one usmb Republican will say they like and want to keep SS.

And if they want to at least tell us in 2019 so we can vote on it.
SS was a fact long before I was born

It needs to be reformed but its too late to repeal it

Republicans hate social programs. Republicans want to destroy this very popular and effective social program.
Republicans have been telling me since I was a kid not to count on it being there when I retired.
That is such tripe, we hate abuse of social programs, we do not like generational welfare, however Democrats love it as it keep people dependent on them, and voting for their lies.

FACTS not guesses... Trump's repatriation program brought back over $1 trillion of which

U.S. companies have repatriated $1 trillion since tax overhaul​

Before the overhaul, companies had an incentive to keep profits overseas because they owed a 35% tax when bringing it back and could defer payment by keeping funds offshore. The law set a one-time 15.5% tax rate on cash and 8% on non-cash or illiquid assets.

Which in turn caused nearly $350 billion in addition revenue...
PLUS whatever happened to the repatriated amount in dividends (which are taxed again!!!), new buildings, new hires, new equipment by the companies that repatriated.

View attachment 840769

View attachment 840767
those damn facts!!!!!

SS was a fact long before I was born

It needs to be reformed but its too late to repeal it
I'm still waiting for someone to explain how to get more funding to it. It is supposed to be self sufficient from employee payroll SS tax revenue. The fact is, people are living longer. That means someone who only paid in say 100k but has received out 150k depleted the fund by 50k. Multiply that out by at least 10. No way it can survive in current state.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how to get more funding to it. It is supposed to be self sufficient from employee payroll SS tax revenue. The fact is, people are living longer. That means someone who only paid in say 100k but has received out 150k depleted the fund by 50k. Multiply that out by at least 10. No way it can survive in current state.
Eliminate the cap.

Problem solved

Eliminate the cap.

Problem solved
Agreed. I think we should raise the debt limit to 42.5 Quadrillion. Let future generations pay for it. Printing more paper is ALWAYS the answer. (If you're a clueless lefty)

Forum List

Back