Winners and Losers in the Government shutdown

Check out the kind of stupid that you guys are allowing to have a prominent seat at the table, you few remaining sane and living in reality Democrats.

Have fun with all that.

Fixed that for you!!

Works both ways, doesn't it???

No, it doesn't.

Same goes to you:

Please, continue to lie to yourself and don't ever learn from your mistakes.

. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas)
It seems like Cruz, who watched his efforts to defund and delay ObamaCare fail miserably, would be the day's biggest loser. He was blasted by fellow Republicans. His hometown newspaper, the Houston Chronicle, even revoked its endorsement of him from last year.

So why isn't Cruz worried about his Senate seat? Probably because his anti-ObamaCare theatrics resulted in a huge payday. His fundraising campaign pulled in nearly $800,000 over the last quarter, almost double what he raised the quarter before. While the rest of America might not love Cruz, his base and his donors still support him. Hello, 2016.

Come on Ted
Come clean....wasn't that the real reason you demanded a Government shutdown?

October 16, 2013
CRUZ: “THE DREAM OF KEEPING POOR PEOPLE FROM SEEING A DOCTOR MUST NEVER DIE”

Cruz: 'The Dream of Keeping Poor People from Seeing a Doctor Must Never Die' : The New Yorker
—Acknowledging that the government shutdown was coming to an end, an emotional Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) took to the Senate floor today to make an impassioned speech, telling his colleagues, “The dream of keeping poor people from seeing a doctor must never die.”

That dream didn't die. Illegal immigrants will continue to receive their primary care @ ER's. Anyone here who is blind to the facts that illegals drive up health care costs obviously are not in the health care business. What I type is NOT racist, it is truth.

People who have posted here, with me, for the past few years know dam well I haven't a racist bone in my body.

Frankly, I'm fkn sick and tired of being labeled racist, homophone, terrorist, "tea partier", wtf ever, bombs that dems and libs choose to throw at those who disagree wit them.

But the last word belonged to Sen. Cruz, who ended his emotional speech with a quiet benediction: “Goodnight stars. Goodnight air. Goodnight noises everywhere.”

Goodnight Moon

"Frankly, I'm fkn sick and tired of being labeled racist, homophone, terrorist, "tea partier", wtf ever, bombs that dems and libs choose to throw at those who disagree wit them. "

I've only been here a week. Give me some time to properly label you! :)

Btw, is that homophone a reference to phonetics, or is that some kind of special new free stuff?

I think it was fine to raise it then just like I am fine with it being being raised now.

The difference between you and I is that I acknowlege the stark differences between a symbolic protest vote in 2006, pre-economic meltdown and the GOP actually holding the debt ceiling hostage today.

In other words, I live in an honest reality. You have to pretend reality doesn't exist.

But, please, continue to hold on to your beliefs and don't change. Many of us are counting on people like you to continue to put forward the same tripe over and over again and never learn from your mistakes.

yes, going deeper and deeper into debt is great policy. it worked out so well for banks, homeowners and corporations in 2008 when they had overextended themselves. your children and grand children will thank you too for your beliefs.

America needs to pay it's bills. A default could have meant I never have grandchildren.

But thank you for announcing your ignorance and that you would let the world burn in a vain effort implement stupid as a budgetary policy.

no, it needs to cut its expenses. with thinking like yours you shouldn't be able to have grandchildren. but I guess your of the mindset that someone else should be paying to support them for you.

So

The Republican temper tantrum over Obamacare stops the country for 16 days. All for what Republicans?

Did you ever have any plan?
Are you that fucking stupid?

yes, going deeper and deeper into debt is great policy. it worked out so well for banks, homeowners and corporations in 2008 when they had overextended themselves. your children and grand children will thank you too for your beliefs.

America needs to pay it's bills. A default could have meant I never have grandchildren.

But thank you for announcing your ignorance and that you would let the world burn in a vain effort implement stupid as a budgetary policy.

no, it needs to cut its expenses. with thinking like yours you shouldn't be able to have grandchildren. but I guess your of the mindset that someone else should be paying to support them for you.

I agree that America can trim down in some places. I also think that America can increase it's revenue in some places. Defaulting on existing debt, however, is not an option.

For the sake of getting morons who think like you out of positions of power, please forget what I just said and continue to put forward your idiotic ideas.

so you think it is ok to raise the debt ceiling now? would you mind stepping up on your hypocritical platform and explaining why?

I think it was fine to raise it then just like I am fine with it being being raised now.

The difference between you and I is that I acknowlege the stark differences between a symbolic protest vote in 2006, pre-economic meltdown and the GOP actually holding the debt ceiling hostage today.

In other words, I live in an honest reality. You have to pretend reality doesn't exist.

But, please, continue to hold on to your beliefs and don't change. Many of us are counting on people like you to continue to put forward the same tripe over and over again and never learn from your mistakes.

Raising the debt ceiling does not ‘create more debt,’ it authorizes the payment of debt already incurred.

It’s this type of ignorance from that right that poses the greatest threat to America’s well-being.

So

The Republican temper tantrum over Obamacare stops the country for 16 days. All for what Republicans?

hopefully to open the eyes of ignorant liberals who all of a sudden see no harm in reckless spending and raising the national debt to unacceptable levels. but you are right. that was a wastes of time. this is no educating the brain dead.

The same people who believe that America should default on our debt are the same ones that believe that the best way out in the event of a personal financial crisis is to declare bankruptcy, and welch on their creditors, walking away leaving them holding the bag.

Yeah, that is "personal responsibility", BIG TIME!

Raising the debt ceiling does not ‘create more debt,’ it authorizes the payment of debt already incurred.

It’s this type of ignorance from that right that poses the greatest threat to America’s well-being.

I think we should encourage these morons to continue to show off their ignorance. It's all finally catching up to them.

you know, i'd buy into your bullshit if either of us really believed its going to stop here. but we both know, that isn't the case. so you can save your spin for your fellow koolaid drinkers

So

hopefully to open the eyes of ignorant liberals who all of a sudden see no harm in reckless spending and raising the national debt to unacceptable levels. but you are right. that was a wastes of time. this is no educating the brain dead.

Shutting the government or defaulting on debt had nothing to do with spending

It was just a temper tantrum because Republucans lost on Obamacare

The same people who believe that America should default on our debt are the same ones that believe that the best way out in the event of a personal financial crisis is to declare bankruptcy, and welch on their creditors, walking away leaving them holding the bag.

Yeah, that is "personal responsibility", BIG TIME!

actually personal responsibility isn't getting into debt you can't afford in the first place. but you'd have to have a brain to understand that concept

So

Shutting the government or defaulting on debt had nothing to do with spending

It was just a temper tantrum because Republucans lost on Obamacare

ah look, its one of the brain dead

Check out the kind of stupid that you guys are allowing to have a prominent seat at the table, you few remaining sane and living in reality Democrats.

Have fun with all that.

Fixed that for you!!

Works both ways, doesn't it???

No, it doesn't.

Same goes to you:

Please, continue to lie to yourself and don't ever learn from your mistakes.

What mistakes did I make?

Please be specific.

TIA

How do you figure Obama, Obamacare and the Democrats didn't win?

The results of Dem-care will tell the tale...it's starting off as a failure, an economic disaster and it's only going to get worse...congratulations...:party:

It's not starting off as a failure, that's another R talking point. 15,000,000 people have visited the exchanges.

People are excited about Obamacare... I would invite you all to go see what it can do for you.

It's already done something for him. No lifetime maximums on his mental health care that he's probably under....

October 16, 2013
CRUZ: “THE DREAM OF KEEPING POOR PEOPLE FROM SEEING A DOCTOR MUST NEVER DIE”

Cruz: 'The Dream of Keeping Poor People from Seeing a Doctor Must Never Die' : The New Yorker

That dream didn't die. Illegal immigrants will continue to receive their primary care @ ER's. Anyone here who is blind to the facts that illegals drive up health care costs obviously are not in the health care business. What I type is NOT racist, it is truth.

People who have posted here, with me, for the past few years know dam well I haven't a racist bone in my body.

Frankly, I'm fkn sick and tired of being labeled racist, homophone, terrorist, "tea partier", wtf ever, bombs that dems and libs choose to throw at those who disagree wit them.

But the last word belonged to Sen. Cruz, who ended his emotional speech with a quiet benediction: “Goodnight stars. Goodnight air. Goodnight noises everywhere.”

Goodnight Moon

"Frankly, I'm fkn sick and tired of being labeled racist, homophone, terrorist, "tea partier", wtf ever, bombs that dems and libs choose to throw at those who disagree with them. "

I've only been here a week. Give me some time to properly label you! :)

Btw, is that homophone a reference to phonetics, or is that some kind of special new free stuff?

:lol::lol:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFijjikkeM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFijjikkeM[/ame]

typo... :redface:

Forum List

Back