Zone1 witnessing to a catholic

It is an example of what I talked about earlier--Kingdom living in the present. We do not wait until death to step into the Kingdom of God that Jesus spoke of. Remember, he said this Kingdom is at hand (i.e., with reach of everyone).

I have never said otherwise. In fact, I have been saying that very thing on other threads, in regard to a different topic. In the Garden of Eden there was no flesh eating, and in the new heaven and earth once again there will be peace and harmony, no killing or death .... so if you really believe in "Kingdom living in the present" I hope you are vegan. :thup:

It is true that we are not saved by our works, or in other words, it is not our works that have the power to save us. However, the Lord requires that we do good works as part of exercising faith. Faith without works is dead.

James 2:14-26
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

It is through faith which includes works that we are saved by grace. Jesus requires that we have faith which includes good works before he will grant his saving grace to save us. We are saved by grace but we are required to exercise works of faith to obtain that grace. For example, we are required to repent of our sins which is a work of faith before the Lord will grant his grace and forgive us.
you don't even know Jesus.

Thats on top of the Roman Church being totally dedicated to pagan deities(demons)and openly worshiping them, they literally refer to Mary as the queen of heaven, and I can absolutely guarantee you that 99% of them do not even begin to realize that their queen of heaven is not Mary, its actually an ancient Sumerian/Akkadian/Mesopotamian demon, named Astarte, Ashtaroth, Ishtar, along with many other names, they literally referred to that demon in ancient Mesopotamia as the queen of heaven!

Then there is the outrageous shakedown scheme called purgatory, and the practice of the Roman Church using that lie to whip up terror and fear, and then sell a thing they call an indulgence, which you can buy from your neighborhood clergy and reduce your time, or your loved one's time in mini-hell, sometimes at pagan holidays they will sell them two for one, or even three for one!

Then there is Lent, lent is literally ripped right from ancient Babylon, where Semiramis son Tammuz was torn to pieces by wild animals down along the river, prompting Semiramis to gather up Tammuz's body parts and place them in a basket and leave it on the banks of that river for forty days and nights, all whilst Semiramis mourned for him, and then presto on day 41 Tammuz rose from the dead! That is precisely what Lent is based upon, you might have head of Tammuz by his other name, baal!

There are probably good people who are catholic, aside from the throngs of catholic girls who have murdered their babies at the local PP clinic, but being a good person or doing good works are meaningless as you have but one and one way only to get to an afterlife, you must embrace Jesus and repent, Jesus mother is in no way associated with your admittance, there is only one intercessor and that is Jesus, he does not contract out to his mother, he is the only way and it says this right in the book of revelation!

Catholics are not Christians, but the vast majority do not know that!
they hold up their own book, the catechism next to the KJV. evil/satanic.

Those weren't my words that you quoted, that was Titus 3:5. Of course He saved us through his sacrifice and mercy. That's basically what the scripture I posted said. So I'm not sure what you disagreed with?
It seems to suggest that works are not required.

It seems to suggest that works are not required.

Works are not required for salvation. The only "work" is to believe and put our faith in Jesus, as it says in John 6:28-29.

Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”​

Here is usually where people bring up James 2, which seems to be saying that works are required for salvation, which would contradict Paul in numerous other scriptures, if that's really what he was saying. There is no contradiction because James is speaking about what justifies us in the sight of man. But in the sight of God (who already knows our hearts) we are justified by faith. We don't need to jump through hoops or go through religious rituals. Take for example, the thief on the cross. He obviously didn't have time for good works since it was at the very end of his life that he put his faith in Jesus, while he was hanging on a cross. But Jesus said I will see you in paradise.

Good works are the fruit of a genuine saving faith. But the root is faith.

Last edited:
that post was suppose to make sense ... sorry, it failed -

where is the archive those that wrote the c-bible used to compile their book - what happened to those documents, much less their original c-bile that likewise does not exist.

do any christians know for a fact what they believe is anything but a madeup story ... recorded history is not kind for an affirmative answer.
I TOLD you there was a copy problem; the "beginning" is two posts later. You are not being honest; you are a fraud. So be it.

Greg

tell all, gto where the etched tablets from the heavens w/ 10 commandments are located, claimed by moses ...

* that never existed.
So you have gone from the texts of The New Testament to Stone tablets; lol.

Greg

Works are not required for salvation. The only "work" is to believe and put our faith in Jesus, as it says in John 6:28-29.

Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”​
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”​

Here is usually where people bring up James 2, which seems to be saying that works are required for salvation, which would contradict Paul in numerous other scriptures, if that's really what he was saying. There is no contradiction because James is speaking about what justifies us in the sight of man. But in the sight of God (who already knows our hearts) we are justified by faith. We don't need to jump through hoops or go through religious rituals. Take for example, the thief on the cross. He obviously didn't have time for good works since it was at the very end of his life that he put his faith in Jesus, while he was hanging on a cross. But Jesus said I will see you in paradise.

Good works are the fruit of a genuine saving faith. But the root is faith.
Works cannot be REQUIRED as some are incapable of works due to a variety of reasons; one Saint in particular just spent her days PRAYING.......and a beautiful thing that was too. However, we do have a thing called "sins of omission"; not doing what is required of a Christian. It's a bit more complicated than "Faith alone" though without Faith what is the value of works? Hard one; hence thou shalt not JUDGE. I mean; even a wild animal will do "good works" I suppose.

Greg

they hold up their own book, the catechism next to the KJV. evil/satanic.
The Catechism is a SUPPLEMENT to the bible methinks; NOT a replacement for it. It was useful at school but not much after that. Have you read it? To what tidbits did you object??

Greg

Study Jesus' life. Every single Sacrament is based on what he did or what he taught. All seven.

Baptism - What he did, what he commanded
Reconciliation/Repentance - What he did, what he taught, what he said
Holy Eucharist - What he did, what he commanded
Confirmation - What he instructed; who he sent
Matrimony - What he taught
Holy Orders - Who he appointed to a special priesthood
Sacrament of the Sick - What he did, what he instructed

Mary is honored and respected for the part she played in the life of Christ. That does not rise to worship and never has, never will--except in the imaginations of some non-Catholic Christians. Therefore, the accusation will continue. Shrug. We're used to it.

Merriweather is on her way to hell judging by her posts
:auiqs.jpg:

Seriously, statements such as the above underestimate God's love for all of us. I don't mind anyone saying I am going to hell, but I mind very much that someone would paint such a picture of our God.

Matthew 19:4-6, “And He answered and said, ‘Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 “So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.’”

• Matthew 19:9, “He said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been this way. 9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”
  • Mark 10:11-12, “And He said to them, ‘Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her; 12 and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery.’”
Something along those lines??

Greg
where is the archive those that wrote the c-bible used to compile their book -

the same for this post as the other ... the 10 commandments are not heavenly - who cares what the murderer and liar moses thought about what he claims he saw when coming down from the mountain, nothing more than a control freak. and who does he think he was to destroy - heavenly tablets - who would worship such a fraud.

so you have condemned - jesus, the two marys and joseph - they were not monogamous ... you too haven't a clue the 1st century events of liberation theology, self determination .... and are yourself a crucifier - author of the c-bible.

I am proud to say I am not. I care too much about my garden to actually eat it. How gross would that be! ;)

OK then, the next time you go on and on about "kingdom living in the present" I won't take you seriously, since you just proved your words are hollow.

LOL where do you get this crap?

what you are referring to - monogamy, paterfamilias has always been a leverage of evil to persecute and victimize the innocent by the most disingenuous of societies adherents and a basic cancer of all three desert religions.

the bloodline of judaism required for their messiah a primary example, the c-bible's false claim for that relevance and jesus ... judaism itself is not heavenly and never has been.

hawk, another christian crucifier.

I have never said otherwise. In fact, I have been saying that very thing on other threads, in regard to a different topic. In the Garden of Eden there was no flesh eating, and in the new heaven and earth once again there will be peace and harmony, no killing or death .... so if you really believe in "Kingdom living in the present" I hope you are vegan. :thup:
Jesus took the five loaves and two fish ... he kept giving the bread and fish to the disciples so they could distribute it to the people."Mar 17, 2011

you've chosen the wrong religion, buttercup at least the 4th century version - of autocracy and servitude.

you've chosen the wrong religion, buttercup at least the 4th century version - of autocracy and servitude.

No I haven't. I really don't know what originally caused your hatred for Christianity, but you are deeply mistaken. Maybe you're conflating the Catholic Church with Christianity? If so, then I can understand where you're coming from.

Forum List

Back