Zone1 witnessing to a catholic

Like I said before, good works are required. They aren't what saves but without them, Jesus who requires them will not grant the mercy that is necessary to be saved.

Matthew 16:27
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Titus 1:16
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Revelation 20:12-13
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

James 2:20,
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

OK then, the next time you go on and on about "kingdom living in the present" I won't take you seriously, since you just proved your words are hollow.
When Jesus lived here on earth, was he a vegan? Seriously, why do you care what others eat? And why are you happy to judge them by what they eat? It appears my frivolity was not taken well, but I truly meant no harm by it.

When Jesus lived here on earth, was he a vegan? Seriously, why do you care what others eat? And why are you happy to judge them by what they eat? It appears my frivolity was not taken well, but I truly meant no harm by it.

Once again, you miss the point. It's not that I care what you eat. It's just that you were going on and on about "kingdom living", and you lectured me on it, as if I didn't know anything about it.... And when I brought up the undeniable fact that not only is our original God given diet plant-based, but in the future kingdom of God, we will return to our peaceful plant-based diet… I asked you that question to see if you're sincere and serious about kingdom living. And you proved my suspicion correct by your arrogant frivolous response. So it's not what you eat, it's the inconsistency... which ordinarily I wouldn't say anything about, but since you were preaching about "kingdom living" I felt that I had to.

As for Jesus, I have my thoughts on that, but it's off topic and probably a bit too controversial for most here....not to mention that I don't have time right now for that type of debate, I just popped in here this morning for a few minutes. But suffice it to say that it is undeniable that God's perfect heavenly will is peace and harmony among all creation. So if you want to truly and sincerely be about "kingdom living" then that does not include paying people to abuse, terrorize and torture innocent beings, in order to feast on their dead bodies.

Being immortal in the kingdom of heaven, I would suppose that we would not have a need to eat. However, the resurrected Christ did show us that he still could eat and asked for meat and ate it.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

It's just that you were going on and on about "kingdom living", and you lectured me on it,
How was I lecturing you? I was explaining that heaven was not the goal for all Christians, some are focused on the best way to live life here. Did you think by Kingdom living I meant the menus, clothing, and housing? You did, didn't you, or why else would you bring it up?

So if you want to truly and sincerely be about "kingdom living"
Kingdom living is about our relationship with God and others.

If you think my relationship when it comes to cows, pigs, and chickens is wanting, then wow! You got me, so be proud. Put it on your scorecard.

It is an example of what I talked about earlier--Kingdom living in the present. We do not wait until death to step into the Kingdom of God that Jesus spoke of. Remember, he said this Kingdom is at hand (i.e., with reach of everyone).
"Many are called but few are chosen"
Not within the reach of everyone, but that's THEIR CHOICE

Kingdom living is about our relationship with God and others.

If you think my relationship when it comes to cows, pigs, and chickens is wanting, then wow! You got me, so be proud. Put it on your scorecard.
Yeah, you're talking down.

There's so much you just don't know.
Kingdom living means living as God instructed when given stewardship over the earth and His creation

Kingdom living means living as God instructed when given stewardship over the earth and His creation
It appears you are thinking in terms of the physical? Nothing wrong with being concerned over climate, environment, and all creatures great and small. However, for some of us, it is life in the spiritual kingdom and that was the kingdom to which I was referring.

It appears you are thinking in terms of the physical? Nothing wrong with being concerned over climate, environment, and all creatures great and small. However, for some of us, it is life in the spiritual kingdom and that was the kingdom to which I was referring.

Of course it's more than just the physical. But what he is talking about is NOT just "physical." It's about having LOVE and MERCY for more than just our fellow humans, because God's love and mercy is for ALL creation. (Psalm 145:9)

How was I lecturing you? I was explaining that heaven was not the goal for all Christians, some are focused on the best way to live life here. Did you think by Kingdom living I meant the menus, clothing, and housing? You did, didn't you, or why else would you bring it up?

Sigh. See, ^ that's the type of thing that caused me to reply the way I did. Why do you assume that my view on "kingdom living" is so limited, as if I'm a baby Christian who knows nothing?

Of course it's about much more than those things, something so obvious shouldn't even need to be stated. I think it starts with aligning ourselves with God's perfect will, caring about the things God cares about, loving those that God loves, honoring God's intent for mankind, and not embracing the ways of this world.... but having an eternal perspective.

ETA: Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I always do all those things... ALL of us have much to learn and a lot of growth ahead of us. But I was just responding to what you said to clarify for you that of course my view of kingdom living is more than just those things.

Last edited:
Of course it's more than just the physical. But what he is talking about is NOT just "physical." It's about having LOVE and MERCY for more than just our fellow humans, because God's love and mercy is for ALL creation. (Psalm 145:9)
Including plant life.

Why do you assume that my view on "kingdom living" is so limited, as if I'm a baby Christian who knows nothing?
I have never, not even a single time, thought of you as a baby Christian. What a ridiculous idea. So why do you assume I see you in that light?

I have never, not even a single time, thought of you as a baby Christian. What a ridiculous idea. So why do you assume I see you in that light?

Well then maybe you just didn't understand my view, but it's OK, I think it's cleared up now, so there's no need for us to keep bickering. :) We've gotten way off topic here, so I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:
Well then maybe you just didn't understand my view
Could be. We all travel on different trains of thought and these trains sometimes collide. God is amazing, in effect stretching to all horizons, and a single person cannot take in all that He is. My greatest pleasure is when other share their views. I believe no matter what our faith, or our beliefs, God meets us where we are and draws us closer to Him. No one has to come up with the one and only way to God. He's greater than that.

Forum List

Back