Woman posts video of urinating on the American flag on the 4th of July

Thats why you should respect the flag.

No, that's why you should respect people's right to freedom of speech and expression because THAT is what those guys died for, not a piece of cloth. It's astonishing to me how so many conservatives claim to be all about the Constitution until you don't like what it allows.

What makes you think you have a clue what soldiers die for?
Soldiers die for their Country. The flag is a symbol that represents that Country. Pissing on that flag is symbolically pissing on the Nation and the people who died protecting it. If that were not the case why bother taking and posting the pic.?
Where does the Constitution protect a right to desecrate the flag?

"If someone peeing on any piece of cloth makes you erupt in violent anger that is because you've been brainwashed."

If someone defiling the American flag doesn't make you angry you are one brainwashed sicko who doesn't deserve the right to call themselves American.
I do not call myself an "American". I recognize myself as a man, a human being, an individual. Singular. When one becomes a member of a collective, one gives up his natural right to self determination and becomes part of a herd. Herds are corralled and abused. That's not for me.

"I recognize myself as a man, a human being, an individual. Singular. When one becomes a member of a collective, ..."

You imagine you are not part of any collective? No family? No groups of friends? No religion? No Nation?
If you do not accept the responsibilities of belonging to a collective (the Nation) what makes you think you have a right to any of the benefits? Like protections (rights) under that collectives' Constitution? Ain't no free lunch, son.

If it is just a "piece of cloth" why didn't she piss on a pillow case instead? She knew what she was doing.

Where does the Constitution protect a right to desecrate the flag?

The First Amendment, as SCOTUS rules years ago. Most countries that have laws against flag desecration are totalitarian and/or Communist regimes.

like-and-share-if-you-think-flag-worship-should-be-5366814.png

Ahh darn, she's now getting threats. What a dumbfuck.

Emily Lance threatened after urinating on US flag on 4 July

Emily Lance threatened after urinating on US flag on 4 July - BBC News

If it was her flag, then she can do what she likes with it, right? It's just a flag.

"If it was her flag, then she can do what she likes with it, right? It's just a flag"

You mean if it's my gun I can shoot who and whatever I want, right?
I guess if it's my car I can drive it where and however I want
Not her flag; America's flag.

No, I mean if it's your gun you can clean the gun as much as you like, you can throw the gun against your wall all you like, you can piss on your gun all you like.

If she had suffocated someone by tying the flag around their neck and hanging them from the tree and I said she can do with it what she likes, then maybe you'd have been justified in saying it's your gun you can do with it what you like, but I didn't.

No, it was HER FLAG. Not your flag, not America's flag. Her flag, her property.
Yes, it's her American flag and she has a right to piss on it if she wants to. It is a free speech issue. She is basically saying Fuck you America by her actions. Of course this offends patriotic Americans. And there are a small percentage of those offended that will cross the line and threaten violence.
What she did is as stupid as wearing a "I hate N-word" sign in certain neighborhoods.

No, she hasn't said "fuck you America", in fact quite the opposite. She's saying she has freedom of speech. Those demanding that she doesn't do it, are the ones saying "fuck you America".

It offends patriotic Americans. Oh well. I guess gay marriage, and many other rights (except the Second Amendment of course) offend "patriotic Americans" on a daily basis.

Pissing on the American flag means the opposite of Fuck You America? You really beleive that? So pissing on a picture of you wife must be a good way to tell her that you love her!

I get why people are mad, I agree that the girl is a word that I can't say but in my opinion, those who are mad should just be glad that she isn't out there doing something worse.

God bless you and her family always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, threatening her family doesn't make things any better either especially if they too have no desire to cheer lead her choice of action.

If it was her flag, then she can do what she likes with it, right? It's just a flag.

"If it was her flag, then she can do what she likes with it, right? It's just a flag"

No, I mean if it's your gun you can clean the gun as much as you like, you can throw the gun against your wall all you like, you can piss on your gun all you like.

If she had suffocated someone by tying the flag around their neck and hanging them from the tree and I said she can do with it what she likes, then maybe you'd have been justified in saying it's your gun you can do with it what you like, but I didn't.

Yes, it's her American flag and she has a right to piss on it if she wants to. It is a free speech issue. She is basically saying Fuck you America by her actions. Of course this offends patriotic Americans. And there are a small percentage of those offended that will cross the line and threaten violence.
What she did is as stupid as wearing a "I hate N-word" sign in certain neighborhoods.

No, she hasn't said "fuck you America", in fact quite the opposite. She's saying she has freedom of speech. Those demanding that she doesn't do it, are the ones saying "fuck you America".

It offends patriotic Americans. Oh well. I guess gay marriage, and many other rights (except the Second Amendment of course) offend "patriotic Americans" on a daily basis.

Is it still freedom of speech if it was the Mexican flag on cinco de mayo?

Yes, of course.

Pissing on the American flag means the opposite of Fuck You America? You really beleive that? So pissing on a picture of you wife must be a good way to tell her that you love her!

No, your analogy doesn't work.

Part of what America stands for is freedom of speech. I doubt that is what you think about when you see a picture of your wife.

Part of what America stands for is freedom of speech. I doubt that is what you think about when you see a picture of your wife.

Yes, America stands for freedom of speech. That means a person has the right to say fuck you America by pissing on the American Flag if she so desires. Pissing on the American Flag is not a way to celebrate freedom of speech, if anything, it a way to mock that freedom.

Yes, America stands for freedom of speech. That means a person has the right to say fuck you America by pissing on the American Flag if she so desires. Pissing on the American Flag is not a way to celebrate freedom of speech, if anything, it a way to mock that freedom.

Not really.

Mocking that freedom would be to tell people that they have freedom of speech, and then basically telling them that they can't use it or they're [insert insult].

Look, the "patriots" on the right will do lots of things to try and pressure people into thinking and doing as they wish them to do. It's annoying, but it's easy to see. The problem is it actually works, and that in itself is annoying too.

So, I'm not going to stand around while this is happening and accept that it's a valid way of controlling people. It's her flag, she can do with it what she likes, and symbolism is just that, symbolism. She probably thinks there are lots of problems with the US, like I do. I'm just not in the habit of buying things and wasting them by burning them.

Not really.

Mocking that freedom would be to tell people that they have freedom of speech, and then basically telling them that they can't use it or they're [insert insult].

Look, the "patriots" on the right will do lots of things to try and pressure people into thinking and doing as they wish them to do. It's annoying, but it's easy to see. The problem is it actually works, and that in itself is annoying too.

So, I'm not going to stand around while this is happening and accept that it's a valid way of controlling people. It's her flag, she can do with it what she likes, and symbolism is just that, symbolism. She probably thinks there are lots of problems with the US, like I do. I'm just not in the habit of buying things and wasting them by burning them.

You want to try to claim that isn't equally true of libs. on left?
Some actions have consequences and that 's just as it should be. Exactly the same as getting in someone's face and calling them a ******.

Not really.

You want to try to claim that isn't equally true of libs. on left?
Some actions have consequences and that 's just as it should be. Exactly the same as getting in someone's face and calling them a ******.

Of course rights have limits. However where are those limited?

That's a difficult question, often case by case depending on what the case actually means. There is no single fine line, one side is bad, the other side is good.

You can have your opinion on whether your symbols can be burned or not, but in the US the US flag can be burned, and the US Bill of Rights specifically says that political speech is especially protected.

Ahh darn, she's now getting threats. What a dumbfuck.

Emily Lance threatened after urinating on US flag on 4 July

Emily Lance threatened after urinating on US flag on 4 July - BBC News

You would have the same enthusiasm if I pissed on a planned parenthood sign?

" ...and the US Bill of Rights specifically says that political speech is especially protected..."

But desecration of the flag is not political speech which is why it was illegal until the '70s and will be again.
Until then I have no sympathy for those who get their asses kicked when caught doing so.

SHOCKING! Girl Pees On US Flag on Holy July 4th!

jeffberwick61 in life
r3yHAnJ.jpg

Yesterday I wrote, "Happy In Dependence Day: A Day To Celebrate Living in a Brainwashed Slave Cult."

In it I discussed how most Americans are brainwashed slaves in a cult that worships false idols such as the flag.

As I was doing that, Emily Lance was peeing on the flag on Facebook. And it got more than 1 million views and came with dozens, if not hundreds, of death threats.

There is even a bounty on her head on Craigslist for $3,000 and her father, who is a statist, has been targeted at his workplace.

If this doesn't prove my point that Americans are brainwashed slaves in a cult nothing does.

If someone peeing on any piece of cloth makes you erupt in violent anger that is because you've been brainwashed.

In this video I discuss what happened and how to deal with living amongst brainwashed slaves.

Click link for video https://steemit.com/life/@jeffberwick/shocking-girl-pees-on-us-flag-on-holy-july-4th

So why do people erupt in anger when someone displays a piece of cloth that looks like a confederate battle flag?
If its just a piece of cloth it should bring no emotion. Intent has a lot to do with it. People know the flag is just a cloth but the girl's intent was to Diss the country she lives in and Diss people who hold its symbols sacred. If that was not her intent, then shes an idiot for not thinking people would see it that way.

You would have the same enthusiasm if I pissed on a planned parenthood sign?

How about that rainbow flag? Well, as long as you owned them, you apparently can do anything you want to with those things. Think I'll wipe my butt with a rainbow flag and dump on the sidewalk in front of the local LGBTetc clubhouse...

SHOCKING! Girl Pees On US Flag on Holy July 4th!

jeffberwick61 in life
r3yHAnJ.jpg

Yesterday I wrote, "Happy In Dependence Day: A Day To Celebrate Living in a Brainwashed Slave Cult."

In it I discussed how most Americans are brainwashed slaves in a cult that worships false idols such as the flag.

As I was doing that, Emily Lance was peeing on the flag on Facebook. And it got more than 1 million views and came with dozens, if not hundreds, of death threats.

There is even a bounty on her head on Craigslist for $3,000 and her father, who is a statist, has been targeted at his workplace.

If this doesn't prove my point that Americans are brainwashed slaves in a cult nothing does.

If someone peeing on any piece of cloth makes you erupt in violent anger that is because you've been brainwashed.

In this video I discuss what happened and how to deal with living amongst brainwashed slaves.

Click link for video https://steemit.com/life/@jeffberwick/shocking-girl-pees-on-us-flag-on-holy-july-4th

So why do people erupt in anger when someone displays a piece of cloth that looks like a confederate battle flag?
If its just a piece of cloth it should bring no emotion. Intent has a lot to do with it. People know the flag is just a cloth but the girl's intent was to Diss the country she lives in and Diss people who hold its symbols sacred. If that was not her intent, then shes an idiot for not thinking people would see it that way.
Excellent point!

Having freedom of speech does not necessarily mean freedom from the consequences of speech. Piss on the American Flag -- be prepared to be shunned by many Americans. I agree that violence is going too far, but I also have the common sense to know there are people who will take it too far and threaten or even commit violence.

And no, pissing on the American Flag is not the way to say "I have freedom of speech", pissing on the American flag is the way to say "I hate America ".

"If someone peeing on any piece of cloth makes you erupt in violent anger that is because you've been brainwashed."

If someone defiling the American flag doesn't make you angry you are one brainwashed sicko who doesn't deserve the right to call themselves American.
I do not call myself an "American". I recognize myself as a man, a human being, an individual. Singular. When one becomes a member of a collective, one gives up his natural right to self determination and becomes part of a herd. Herds are corralled and abused. That's not for me.

"I recognize myself as a man, a human being, an individual. Singular. When one becomes a member of a collective, ..."

You imagine you are not part of any collective? No family? No groups of friends? No religion? No Nation?
If you do not accept the responsibilities of belonging to a collective (the Nation) what makes you think you have a right to any of the benefits? Like protections (rights) under that collectives' Constitution? Ain't no free lunch, son.
My friends and my family are an extension of myself and I of them. We are not a collective. I am not connected to any religion nor support "nations". I have a ''right '' to benefits because I paid for those benefits via a theft called ''taxes'', which takes more than 50% of working peoples income. The CONstitution does not grant or give any "rights". Nor does it protect them. A piece of paper has no power to do anything. Your "rights" are interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court and that is why your "right to bear arms" is as restricted as it is.

You're right, son, there is no free lunch. But it would be a hell of a lot cheaper and more nutritious if you kept government out of it.

Yuck! What is with some people wanting others to watch them excrete waste material? :cuckoo: They have serious issues, regardless of their supposed message.

Forum List

Back