.....Would pardons be warranted?....

So what if Trump got 10 million more votes. There were 22 million more votes cast, so right there, he lost two million votes, and he didn't even win the popular vote in 2016. I mean wake up and smell the coffee fool.

No other president in history added that many votes. Ever.

Say what one will about Don Trump's assertion....or rather, his suggestion....that he would pardon the attackers of the Capitol police force.
Applaud it.
Deplore it.
Your choice.

But it seems one of the consequences of his remarks is that the controversies attached to the attackers have been intensified. They are much more in the news. As is Don Trump's judgment in hinting at "pardons".

Sure, the remarks were red meat to the base at that Texas rally ..... but the news media today seems to be uniformly critical.

That may not have been the desired goal of the statements.

IMHO

No other president in history added that many votes. Ever.
No other president in history had almost the entire nation mailing in votes. The fact there were going to be historic vote totals was a GIVEN.

That you want to equate that with fraud is delusional at this point.

You are factually wrong. Trump gathered 10 million MORE votes than he got the first time around. The polls were lies.

They still are. Anyone with a brain KNOWS that. The democrat apparatchiks tried to steal Florida too, but the Hispanic vote was HUGE. It blew away even their best attempts at fraud.

The evidence is overwhelming.
If you count only the legal votes, Trump got only about 50 million votes. Less than he got in 2016.

"Trump suggests that if he is reelected, he will pardon Jan. 6 Capitol rioters"

CONROE, Texas — Former president Donald Trump suggested Saturday night he will pardon the rioters charged in connection with the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol if he is elected president in 2024.

Trump, who has teased but not confirmed another run for president, has repeatedly criticized the prosecution of individuals who violently stormed the Capitol to protest the certification of Joe Biden’s election as president. But his comments at a Texas rally on Saturday marked the first time he dangled pardons, an escalation of his broader effort to downplay the deadly events of Jan. 6.

Some of those involved in the riot held out hope for a Trump pardon before he left office 14 days later, but none were granted.

“If I run and I win, we will treat those people from January 6 fairly,” he said near the end of a lengthy campaign rally in Conroe, a city about 40 miles north of Houston. “We will treat them fairly, and if it requires pardons, we will give them pardons because they are being treated so unfairly.”
-------------------------------------------------------------
The above was from this morning's Washington Post.
-------------------------------------------------------------

With so many already pleading guilty and now with some really serious scheibe coming down (11 charged with 'seditious conspiracy')...what's the thinking about pardons?
Is it a reality?
Is it just meat-to-the-base talk? A campaign dance-step?
Do any deserve pardons?
The ones charged with "conspiracy" are the most bogus of all. They are the surest to get a pardon.

Even if trump is elected in 2024, there will be very few Jan 6th Rioters left in jail. Like 5 out of the 750 who were tried.

Why didn't trump pay for Ashli Babbit's funeral?

Why didn't trump pay for the legal fees of the Jan 6th Rioters?
Why don't libs pay for all the welfare queens who drop a puppy?

Yep. I sure do. If I go against my country and try to overthrow an election, I am sure I would be. It won't happen though. I still support the oath I took as an officer, but not necessarily a gentleman.
No one went against his country, turd. That's a prog fabrication.

No other president in history had almost the entire nation mailing in votes. The fact there were going to be historic vote totals was a GIVEN.

That you want to equate that with fraud is delusional at this point.

No, it is factual. When democrat apparatchiks send out ballots with no way to check if it is valid you know fraud is the intent.

Punishment should fit the crime, from fines to cover the damage, to jail for those who wanted to frighten our elected reps or/ and damage the election process. Any one saying there was no crime is telling a lie.

Punishment should fit the crime, from fines to cover the damage, to jail for those who wanted to frighten our elected reps or/ and damage the election process. Any one saying there was no crime is telling a lie.
Were there crimes? Yeah, trespassing is a crime. That's about all you got in 99% if the cases. Wanting to frighten someone is not a crime. First you would have to prove you know what they wanted, which is virtually impossible.

How did they "damage" the election process, by pointing a swindle? Yeah, every statlinist thug wants the voters to believe they are participating in a legitimate process. Throwing doubt on it is "damaging" it. What is the crime here? It seems the people swindling the election are the ones committing the crimes.

You guys crack me up.

Last edited:
Mail in ballots in Pennsylvania. Totally against the law, yet they did it anyway

Nope, it was brought to court and the court ruled it was okay. If it had been ruled differently and in the Rs favor at the time, then it would not have been done. That's how it works, in a Nation of laws.

The dems did not defy the court ruling. That is NOT STEALING. The republicans also had equal opportunity to vote absentee ballot, and many did.

Millions more people registered in Wisconsin than actually live there
That's not true. Another Republican Trumpers lie. They fooled you by using how many were registered for the primary instead of including those additions who REGISTERED after that point up to the presidential election.

Nope, it was brought to court and the court ruled it was okay. If it had been ruled differently and in the Rs favor at the time, then it would not have been done. That's how it works, in a Nation of laws.

The dems did not defy the court ruling. That is NOT STEALING. The republicans also had equal opportunity to vote absentee ballot, and many did.

That's not true. Another Republican Trumpers lie. They fooled you by using how many were registered for the primary instead of including those additions who REGISTERED after that point up to the presidential election.
Yo man a bunch of Democrats supported this obviously wrong ruling? Who would have thunk it?

Of course, a federal court overruled them. That's how it works, in a Nation of laws.

Ruling incorrectly despite the clear language of the law is stealing.

Yo man a bunch of Democrats supported this obviously wrong ruling? Who would have thunk it?

Of course, a federal court overruled them. That's how it works, in a Nation of laws.

Ruling incorrectly despite the clear language of the law is stealing.
Republicans wrote the law, silly one....and were NOT against it in a couple of special elections and primary... and won the special election seats.

Trump is who didn't want it, even though Florida for years has had the same law, where a reason is not needed for an absentee ballot and Trump voted that way himself.

I have voted absentee ballot, without a reason needed, or an I'D needed for over 20 years....I love the convenience of it! And love having the ballot ahead of time to research the candidates and any referendum questions!

Forum List

Back