Would You Feel Safe Traveling to London?

Did the Mayor of Boston tell its citizens they would just have to get used to the bombings?
And this means someone has no desire to protect their tourists? Quite a leap of logic you made there.

The Mayor is right, there is no magic bullet to guarantee there will never be terrorist attacks in their city. Same with any large city in Europe. It's a fact of life.... there will be terrorist attacks. Admitting this isn't akin to not desiring to protect tourists.

You're probaby best staying at home quaking in fear anyway.
Quaking in fear? Hardly. We will just go on vacation somewhere else.

How about Orlando?

Why would I want to go to a Florida?

Did the Mayor of Boston tell its citizens they would just have to get used to the bombings?
And this means someone has no desire to protect their tourists? Quite a leap of logic you made there.

The Mayor is right, there is no magic bullet to guarantee there will never be terrorist attacks in their city. Same with any large city in Europe. It's a fact of life.... there will be terrorist attacks. Admitting this isn't akin to not desiring to protect tourists.

How about Orlando?

because normal people travel, nutter butter.

How about Orlando?

You are far from what I would define as normal.

How about Orlando?

^^ Normal people dont sock up and pretend to be a lawyer online...

Because of irrational fear. It's a shame.
Its conditioning isnt it ? If your news outlets only show you scenes of death and terror pretty soon you think that is the whole story. Works both ways as well.
London has a Muslim mayor. Strike one!
London has a Muslim police chief. Strike two!
London let's the Welsh in. Strike three!

Because of irrational fear. It's a shame.
Who died and left you in charge of deciding who should be afraid and to what degree?
The left thinks they are in charge of everyone's vacation destinations.
The London police accidentally shot an American in the head during the melee.
Figures.

Yes of course. Why wouldn't I?

John Oliver talked about how some are saying really stupid things like 'England is under siege' and one of the RWNJs here said something like its a failing country. It's a funny bit but spot on.

ChrisL Where in France are you going? I have loved traveling all over France. Go, enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Lyon. Gosh, I don't know a word of French except for oui-oui! :lol: Translator apps are good. I could definitely learn to say some basic things though, like please, thank you, you're welcome, where's the beef? :D

Funny that you bring this up because I was invited to take a trip to France this summer! I've never been out of the United States, so I'm a little nervous about it but also excited. :) No, I won't be "packing heat." Lol.

I won't let these terrorists stop me from enjoying my life.
I just read an article on how to behave in France so they don't mock ewe! Right down to, you must pull your bread off in tiny little bites, do not pick it up and take a bite out of it. Learn French and do not eat your salad first! You finish your meal with the salad! Do not ask for a doggie bag that insults them. How petty are these people! Oh! And do not hug anyone either.

I'm not too concerned in what they think. That's not why I'm going there. I'm going there for the adventure and for a romantic get away from my every day boring life! :D I'm really looking forward to it actually.
I would rather go to Fort Lauderdale.

What's stopping you? :D

Who died and left you in charge of deciding who should be afraid and to what degree?
Who died and left you in charge of deciding who should be in charge of things?

It's a message board, expressing opinions is what we do. My opinion = someone who is scared to go to London harbors irrational fears.

The left thinks they are in charge of everyone's vacation destinations.
Who is left or right here? Are you that shallow that everything must be viewed as accusations of adhering to a certain political spectrum?

Actually don't answer that, I already know.

It is interesting because one often reads about how Americans don't travel, and that's fine there are lots of reasons that make sense for it. However you come across people like in this thread that are afraid of their own shadow and just have to shake your head, it's pathetic.

Forum List

Back