Would you let Donald Trump hang out in your house?

I have no idea what that means. :dunno:
But at least I have enough sense to not piss my life away in front of fucking television.

I have some expensive microphones. I'd be afraid he'd snort all over them.

Instead you piss it away in front of a computer posting nonsense? Thanks, Pigo.

I'm actually at work. Right now. Nevertheless a computer for what it's worth is interactive. A fucking television sits you down like a sponge and dictates everything into your senses. You don't get to send or say or do a thing, you just sit down and shut up and assume the position and take it. It's the most effective propaganda tool ever invented. I don't need that shit around me.

Some are too dim to see that, and Rump is one of those dimbulbs. So it'd be interesting to watch him freak out with the umbilical cord cut.
Thats such a pessimistic view of something as simple as enjoying some entertainment. You need your bootyhole loosened. I know MDK on a first name basis...lemme have him PM you

Not at all, it's reality. As far as entertainment, radio is infinitely superior to television. A radio broadcast lets you imagine the scenery and the characters, lets you walk about, drive about, whatever you want as you go. Television on the other hand commands a zombie sponge-state, completely inactive, and it then dictates that scenery and those characters. It's a hypnotist.

Walk into a room where people have a TV on and instead of looking at the TV with the rest of them, look at the watchers and notice what you see. Zombies. The Undead. Sponges soaking up whatever is dictated by a tool whose sole purpose is to sell you shit you don't need. It's just not a position that floats my boat. I spent way too many years in broadcasting to not notice.
All that is, is a rationalization of a superiority complex in the context of the Arts. People can't watch TV and not buy things... or become propogandized...? That's pessimism, and ridiculous. It's also why advertizing doesnt magically net you 100% of viewers as new customers...no, the % is far more grim than that, and millions are spent on achieving just that tiny percentage, too, because people arent as stupid as Pogo's complex has built them up to be.

To me, you just typed in several ways that you need to be in charge of every painting painted.....your imagination always has to play a role...& that's just implied narcissism..at maximum...a control freak at minimum. I enjoy what other folks' depictions of things looks like, and I find no fault in that whatsoever.

The fact that some viewer/viewers may not end up buying what's advertised to them is not the point. The point is that, that being their rationale, all they're there to do is to capture your attention long enough to pitch that pickup truck or that drug or whatever it is. And that means they will use anything, no matter how pathetically inane, to capture that attention to set you up. So you end up watching naked people on an island forced to eat bugs, or on-stage paternity tests featuring people there's no way you know, or fake wrestling or some bogus shit. Because that's all there is. That's why it's called a "vast wasteland" and that name was coined in nineteen frickin' sixty-one. It's inherent in the technology; it can't help itself. It's literally unredeemable.

"Control freak" does though describe what TV does, considering its role as hypnotist. When something shuts down the senses --- the imagination goes to sleep. And there's nothing positive about that.

Finally, and actually first and foremost, television has nothing whatsoever to do with "The Arts". The Arts require creativity.

I have no idea what that means. :dunno:
But at least I have enough sense to not piss my life away in front of fucking television.

I have some expensive microphones. I'd be afraid he'd snort all over them.

I'm actually at work. Right now. Nevertheless a computer for what it's worth is interactive. A fucking television sits you down like a sponge and dictates everything into your senses. You don't get to send or say or do a thing, you just sit down and shut up and assume the position and take it. It's the most effective propaganda tool ever invented. I don't need that shit around me.

Some are too dim to see that, and Rump is one of those dimbulbs. So it'd be interesting to watch him freak out with the umbilical cord cut.
Thats such a pessimistic view of something as simple as enjoying some entertainment. You need your bootyhole loosened. I know MDK on a first name basis...lemme have him PM you

Not at all, it's reality. As far as entertainment, radio is infinitely superior to television. A radio broadcast lets you imagine the scenery and the characters, lets you walk about, drive about, whatever you want as you go. Television on the other hand commands a zombie sponge-state, completely inactive, and it then dictates that scenery and those characters. It's a hypnotist.

Walk into a room where people have a TV on and instead of looking at the TV with the rest of them, look at the watchers and notice what you see. Zombies. The Undead. Sponges soaking up whatever is dictated by a tool whose sole purpose is to sell you shit you don't need. It's just not a position that floats my boat. I spent way too many years in broadcasting to not notice.

Pigo, are you like 70 yrs old?

Like no, man.

All that is, is a rationalization of a superiority complex in the context of the Arts. People can't watch TV and not buy things... or become propogandized...? That's pessimism, and ridiculous. It's also why advertizing doesnt magically net you 100% of viewers as new customers...no, the % is far more grim than that, and millions are spent on achieving just that tiny percentage, too, because people arent as stupid as Pogo's complex has built them up to be.

To me, you just typed in several ways that you need to be in charge of every painting painted.....your imagination always has to play a role...& that's just implied narcissism..at maximum...a control freak at minimum. I enjoy what other folks' depictions of things looks like, and I find no fault in that whatsoever.

The fact that some viewer/viewers may not end up buying what's advertised to them is not the point. The point is that, that being their rationale, all they're there to do is to capture your attention long enough to pitch that pickup truck or that drug or whatever it is. And that means they will use anything, no matter how pathetically inane, to capture that attention to set you up. So you end up watching naked people on an island forced to eat bugs, or on-stage paternity tests featuring people there's no way you know, or fake wrestling or some bogus shit.

"Control freak" does though describe what TV does, considering its role as hypnotist. When something shuts down the senses --- the imagination goes to sleep. And there's nothing positive about that.
This all may be true of what it does to folks like you, perhaps.

Me, what I get out of it is enjoying it on an entertainment basis because Im not the greatest writer, actor or director that ever lived and I can get some learning and fulfillment out of enjoying their work.

Even advertizing itself is not some evil machine if you recognize it for what it is....and your problem seems to be that you think that most folks dont. Its just pessimism. Promise.

The fact that some viewer/viewers may not end up buying what's advertised to them is not the point. The point is that, that being their rationale, all they're there to do is to capture your attention long enough to pitch that pickup truck or that drug or whatever it is. And that means they will use anything, no matter how pathetically inane, to capture that attention to set you up. So you end up watching naked people on an island forced to eat bugs, or on-stage paternity tests featuring people there's no way you know, or fake wrestling or some bogus shit.

Me, what I get out of it is enjoying it on an entertainment basis because Im not the greatest writer, actor or director that ever lived and I can get some learning and fulfillment out of enjoying their work.

Even advertizing itself is not some evil machine if you recognize it for what it is....and your problem seems to be that you think that most folks dont. Its just pessimism. Promise.

Oh I do recognize it for what it is. Advertising is the practice of persuading people to buy shit they don't need.

If it's something you do need --- then it doesn't require advertising. Advertising creates the demand where before the ad there was none. But that can't count as "creativity". That's just commodity fetish. In effect, picking people's pockets.

Whether "most folks" recognize that, I have no idea. But I didn't throw out most folks' TVs. I just fired my own.

Oh I do recognize it for what it is. Advertising is the practice of persuading people to buy shit they don't need.

If it's something you do need --- then it doesn't require advertising. Advertising creates the demand where before the ad there was none. But that can't count as "creativity". That's just commodity fetish. In effect, picking people's pockets.

Whether "most folks" recognize that, I have no idea. But I didn't throw out most folks' TVs. I just fired my own.
So you only purchase needs? Never wants? More pessimism. Lighten up, goob

Would you let Donald Trump hang out in your house, maybe drink some beers or watch some television?

If so, why or why not?

I would DEFINITELY meet him at a bar for drinks. My family is in my house and I'm pretty careful about who I let over. My racist anti-semantic uncle in law is on the no list so I suppose if Donald seems ok after hanging out at the bar he might score an invite for dinner.

Would you let Donald Trump hang out in your house, maybe drink some beers or watch some television?

If so, why or why not?

I would DEFINITELY meet him at a bar for drinks. My family is in my house and I'm pretty careful about who I let over. My racist anti-semantic uncle in law is on the no list so I suppose if Donald seems ok after hanging out at the bar he might score an invite for dinner.

That's one

Oh hell no. I just bought me an RE20 and a vintage NAD receiver and looking at yet another new board.

But none of them were advertised. And there's no way they would be on TV.

eBay sends me these annoying emails about what I should be buying this week. I delete 'em all unread. When I want something *I* will go figure out what it is and which one, not somebody else.

If so, why or why not?

That's one

Oh hell no. I just bought me an RE20 and a vintage NAD receiver and looking at yet another new board.

eBay sends me these annoying emails about what I should be buying this week. I delete 'em all unread. When I want something *I* will go figure out what it is and which one, not somebody else.
If we are gunna take this frivolous debate allll the way back to the creation of the Universe...lol

What the fuck is wrong with being presented something that you might like that you didnt previously know about? I dont mind it....Im also much enjoying how internet bots track my habits and present me things based on my OWN desires...it increases their chances for a sale, as well as increases my chances of finding a product Id probably get enjoyment out of that I didnt previously know about

If so, why or why not?

That's one

If we are gunna take this frivolous debate allll the way back to the creation of the Universe...lol

What the fuck is wrong with being presented something that you might like that you didnt previously know about? I dont mind it....Im also much enjoying how internet bots track my habits and present me things based on my OWN desires...it increases their chances for a sale, as well as increases my chances of finding a product Id probably get enjoyment out of that I didnt previously know about

Again --- whether you get turned on to something isn't the point. The point is that their sole purpose is to get your attention for the purpose of selling you that widget.... whether you find that widget useful or not. And that means that attention is the prime directive, and that means lowest common denominator intelligence-insulting bullshit. And that means vast wasteland.

Sure. Watch a Patriots or Red Sox game. Have a few beers. Discuss how Washington really is. Mock all the crying "everyone gets a trophy" Leftists. All day.

Did you get a diploma when you graduated school? (assuming you did)

If you did, you got a participation trophy.

You God damn stupid fucks with your participation trophy bullshit demonstrate just how ignorant you are.

Tjat trophy does not say Champions or "First Place". Those trophies go to the winners.

Those kids that stuck it out all year playing on a team that did not do well are recognized for being in ther program & completing it. They attended practices & they attending the games. They stuck it out. They did not quit.
That is an accomplishment. Why is it wrong to honor that?

As for the fat assed lying fuck of ta Trump, if he came here could I claim that castle doctrine, right?

If so, why or why not?

That's one

Again --- whether you get turned on to something isn't the point. The point is that their sole purpose is to get your attention for the purpose of selling you that widget.... whether you find that widget useful or not. And that means that attention is the prime directive, and that means lowest common denominator intelligence-insulting bullshit. And that means vast wasteland.
Those premises don't follow, nobody's insulting my intelligence by advertising me products. They're floating me a product I can then choose to buy, or not, and my intelligence is the underlying "decider." Not their hypnotism, as you call it. It makes no difference, whatever way you kick it to me, I'm not buying a care bear or a rainbow bright. Also, I dont turn my senses off while watching a movie. I use sight, hearing....shit the whole enjoyment I get out of watching is the ability of MY imagination to fantasize the picture as a reality. Im engaged in the piece of work.....some is good... some is cheesy and terrible...and its a net positive addition to my life for its ability to allow me to unwind and enjoy someone's creativity.

Neither of us drink, but why not?

I’m sure we could find something to talk about. Maybe watch reruns of the apprentice, I’m sure he’d like that

Sure. Watch a Patriots or Red Sox game. Have a few beers. Discuss how Washington really is. Mock all the crying "everyone gets a trophy" Leftists. All day.

You God damn stupid fucks with your participation trophy bullshit demonstrate just how ignorant you are.

Tjat trophy does not say Champions or "First Place". Those trophies go to the winners.

Those kids that stuck it out all year playing on a team that did not do well are recognized for being in ther program & completing it. They attended practices & they attending the games. They stuck it out. They did not quit.

As for the fat assed lying fuck of ta Trump, if he came here could I claim that castle doctrine, right?
I'm not toad-dick supporter....but likening a diploma, which you earn and face passage or failure.....

to participation trophies.....which, the issue is that in-effect, you dont have to earn.....

is a bad use of analogy

Last edited:

You're a loser. First and foremost. It is stupid to give out participation trophies. When those kids become young adults and apply for jobs do they get participation jobs or are sent on their ass home? Kids need to learn to lose and tht trophies are special and are attained when you win. Someone needs to beat the stupid out of you.

Forum List

Back