YES, America CERTAINLY WAS FOUNDED as a CHRISTIAN NATION...

The signatures were not affixed to the attestation (notarization) of Anno Domini. The attestation was affixed to the document.

No legal scholar considers that the attestation according to law meant the signers were affixing their belief in Jesus Christ.

Grow up.

When you sign a "contract", are you signing your agreement for "everything" that is written there?

I was asked to provide a single reference to God in the Constitution. I did that. Now the braying starts.
Signing a contract that says "Anno Domini" does not mean that you automatically vouch for the existence of Jesus Christ.

Seriously ... :rolleyes:

Of course it does. Show me a nation that uses it that is not Christian in origin or currently Christian. Jews, Muslims, Sihks and Budists dont use the phrase, so what nonChristian group does?

well, i'm neither a deist nor an atheist, but we measure it by the "common era". does it really matter for purposes of whether or not the US was ever intended to be religious in nature?

Only if you want to differentiate if "our" rights are granted by a greater than man force (the Creator), or if you want to elevate gov't to the grantor of basic rights (those listed in the Bill of Rights).

BTW, in countries that have given the gov't the power to grant rights, human rights aren't doing so well.

It is okay, you can admit that you like riding the prosperity of Christians, but want to be free to revel in corruption whenever you want to, and how you please.
One can recognize a Creator that is not necessarily the Judeo-Christian god. Freemasons do it at every single meeting.

The Grand Architect of the Universe is not necesarily the Christian Trinity, but it certainly is not incompatible with the Trinity either.

A great many Masons are sincere and devout Christians.

names, documentation (evidence)

A list was already posted in thid thread.

You mean the men that publicly said prayers and was documented here? You think that men that pray publicly, and call on the Almighty God are Deists and Atheists?

They 'believe' whatever rhetorical device they think will advance their bullshit and piss off Christians because these trolling atheists/agnostics/ nincompoops dont mean a damn thing about any of this.

Jake, the bottom line is, you can make up anything you want about yourself. I seriously doubt you have every been in the military. And most folks that I know, who are successful making money, don't need to go around bragging about it or proving it to others. Go ahead and read back the posts. It is YOU making threats. It is YOU disrespecting my service to my community. It is YOU being condescending to other posters. And it is YOU barking out commands to everyone else, like you own this forum. It is obvious in denying the Creator you have developed your own god complex. Your posts are narcissistic to the core.

Now let's take a look back at who the REAL, condescending, internet bully is. [and by the way, this behavior is more like a pimply-faced, 17-year-old, not your lies about military service and being a business owner] Funny you accuse me of the very behavior you are continually engaging in.

Move along, UR.

You tried subtly ad homming other folks and I batoned you down for it.

Your disgrace your profession when you try subtly ad homing ofthers than whine when you get beat down for it. Stop it, now.

UR! Stop!! Look at me!!! Look me in the eye...Now stay focused!

Don't dish what you can't take, whiner.

Step off.

Tuff. I will baton you down here when you do it. Other words, don't threaten others if you can't take the result.

You will be batoned down here when you act out.

Threaten and pay the price. Be polite and get nice.

Every time you act up you will be made a fool. Just the way it is. Just be polite and be nice.

This is over.

Grow up and quit being immorally stubborn.

UR is a silly tough boy who got carried away with a uniform and a badge, and as a civilian has trouble with the idea that he is not the enforcer of the law or even as much as the law.

I will await your PM internet tough guy.

Your comment about the baton reminds me of a line from the movie The Untouchables, something about bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Interesting.

Last edited:
When you sign a "contract", are you signing your agreement for "everything" that is written there?

I was asked to provide a single reference to God in the Constitution. I did that. Now the braying starts.
Signing a contract that says "Anno Domini" does not mean that you automatically vouch for the existence of Jesus Christ.

Seriously ... :rolleyes:

Of course it does. Show me a nation that uses it that is not Christian in origin or currently Christian. Jews, Muslims, Sihks and Budists dont use the phrase, so what nonChristian group does?
Jews, Muslims, Sikhs and Buddhists don't use the term "AD"?

O-kay ...

Let's look at the little post that started this whole legal discussion. Now can anyone count how many strawmen were erected in response? Last post said I claimed our legal system is based on the Bible. This is a fact not disputed by any attorney or historian. However, no where is this thread was the claim made it was exclusively on the Bible, which is the main strawmen that started crawling out of the ground like zombies. So many posters bring so much of a constrained worldview to this thread, they think they know what is being said before it is being said.

Seriously? Our legal standard was based in Christianity. Why would I expect you to know this since you and others here are bent on rewriting history. However, if you would like to educate yourself, you can study these links. If not, remain in your ignorance. Please just don't pretend you know what you are talking about when trying to put down others. The Blackstone was used as the basic law book up until the mid to late 1800's, when it was replaced by Darwin followers at Harvard, who viewed the law as not absolute, but evolving. The basic theme of he Blackstone is "does the law we seek conform to the Bible?".

William Blackstone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://constitution.org/18th/ale1762/ale1762_001-050.pdf

What laws, specifically were based upon the Bible, and did not exist in Greek/Roman legal tradition?

The laws in the Old Testament that predated Rome, like the Ten Commandments, which happen to be prominently displayed in the Supreme Court.

Last edited:
This thread has been so convoluted by accusations, strawman arguments and Ad Hominem attacks that I think it bears repeating what [I think] the Christian posters are saying:

We believe in First Ammendment rights, and more specifically Freedom of Religion. We believe every American has the right to worship as they please or not at all. We believe all faiths should be free from persecution for their beliefs.

We believe the Constitution was written by Christian men or men who believed in God. We believe they were careful to prevent one denomination from being forced on the public by government, as was the case in England. We believe our heritage is steeped in a deep Christian faith. We believe the Pilgrims came here to advance the Christian Faith. We believe that Christian principles, including the long historical tradition Christianity flows from, were the basis for many of ideals and laws that were implemented in the new government. We believe America was a Christian nation at the onset, being made up mostly of persecuted Christians that had fled England.

We also believe the Founders never intended for God to be removed from the US Government. While they were sensitive not to show preference to one specific denomination or CHURCH, it was always their intent that God would be a part of government.

If any of the pro-Christian Nation folks disagree with this, feel free to chime in.

The signatures were not affixed to the attestation (notarization) of Anno Domini. The attestation was affixed to the document.

No legal scholar considers that the attestation according to law meant the signers were affixing their belief in Jesus Christ.

Grow up.

There is no reference to God in the Constitution....there is a date with the word "lord" in it. Spin all you want.

You're right. "Year of OUR Lord " is a reference to Christ. You won't win this argument, not matter how many times you repeat the same thing over and over.

well, i'm neither a deist nor an atheist, but we measure it by the "common era". does it really matter for purposes of whether or not the US was ever intended to be religious in nature?

Only if you want to differentiate if "our" rights are granted by a greater than man force (the Creator), or if you want to elevate gov't to the grantor of basic rights (those listed in the Bill of Rights).

BTW, in countries that have given the gov't the power to grant rights, human rights aren't doing so well.

It is okay, you can admit that you like riding the prosperity of Christians, but want to be free to revel in corruption whenever you want to, and how you please.
One can recognize a Creator that is not necessarily the Judeo-Christian god. Freemasons do it at every single meeting.

True. But we have enough other documents to understand the intent.

Madison and Jefferson disagree with you, logical4u.

The constitution disagrees with you, logical4u.

SCOTUS disagrees with you, logical4u.

This is over.

Still waiting for that list of FF that were Hindu, Buddahist, or some other religion beside Christian, Jakey. And please provide some documentation.
There were Deists and Atheists among the FF's. Deism and Atheism are generally considered to be non-Christian.

Why do you think that gods fearing Christians would endorse a secular constitution?

Same reason God Fearing Christians shop at Walmart. :lol:

The core of Deism is the idea that God created the universe and left it to run on its own, i.e. the planets dont have to be pushed around by angels, etc.

Pardon me, Jim, but that is modern day Deism. Typically the Deists of the 1700's were men that accepted the Bible, but did not accept the Trinity or that Christ was God. The Deist at that time believed that God was active in the Creation. Modern day Deism is the belief that the evidence of a Creator is overwhelming, but that he is no longer around and doesn't act within his Creation. Modern Deist believe God "set it and forget it". :lol:

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Yes the liberals have gone way over board trying to kill off us Christians, all the while claiming, "Hey we're Christians too!" *bullshit*.
2. Pale Rider is great to point this out!
3. When I was a kid, we had blue laws here in Texas, you couldn't buy hardware anywhere on Sunday, plus much more Christian based laws.
4. That was throughout the 1960's, when I grew up.
5. Things started going to shit by the time Carter got into office.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
names, documentation (evidence)

A list was already posted in thid thread.

You mean all two of them?

No, dear. I mean all those signers of the constitution who rejected religious (christian) totalitarianism as a part of the formulation of the constitution.

It was these gods fearing Christians with enough wisdom to understand that religion and totalitarianism are inseparable. The framers of the constitution had direct experience with the conditions in the original 13 colonies wherein the various sects, subsects and subdivisions of Christianity were at odds with one-another. In many respects, the original colonialists were models of Christian hate, intolerance and religious divisions.

For that matter, to broadly define the signers of the constitution as Christian is a rather sweeping generalization. They would be better served by defining their specific version of Christianity as the sects, subsects and subdivisions of that religion are still at odds with one-another.

The framers of the constitution knew all too well the totalitarian nature of Christianity (and of all religions), which is why they specifically designed a constitution that forbid the government from endorsing or favoring any one religion and more importantly, required the government to be removed from decision making in ones personal choice of religion or no religion.

The core of Deism is the idea that God created the universe and left it to run on its own, i.e. the planets dont have to be pushed around by angels, etc.

Pardon me, Jim, but that is modern day Deism. Typically the Deists of the 1700's were men that accepted the Bible, but did not accept the Trinity or that Christ was God. The Deist at that time believed that God was active in the Creation. Modern day Deism is the belief that the evidence of a Creator is overwhelming, but that he is no longer around and doesn't act within his Creation. Modern Deist believe God "set it and forget it". :lol:

Due to your bias toward Christianity and your need to force those beliefs on others, you obviously skew terms and definitions.

Deists is properly defined as belief in a Creator (hence the word used in the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution); but not necessarily the Christian defined gods.

Actually, those are two separate issues. Theism does not have to be based on a religious text or any holy book. Deists, for one example generally do not hold their form of theism based on holy texts.

Still waiting for that list of FF that were Hindu, Buddahist, or some other religion beside Christian, Jakey. And please provide some documentation.
There were Deists and Atheists among the FF's. Deism and Atheism are generally considered to be non-Christian.

Why do you think that gods fearing Christians would endorse a secular constitution?

Same reason God Fearing Christians shop at Walmart. :lol:

You would do best to sit this out.

There is no reference to God in the Constitution....there is a date with the word "lord" in it. Spin all you want.

You're right. "Year of OUR Lord " is a reference to Christ. You won't win this argument, not matter how many times you repeat the same thing over and over.

Similarly, "Year of OUR Lord " was simply a closing salutationand in spite of your desperate need to force chrsitianity into the constitution, the framers of the constitution knew that would be a disaster. Hence they used the term "creator": Amun Ra.

Let's look at the little post that started this whole legal discussion. Now can anyone count how many strawmen were erected in response? Last post said I claimed our legal system is based on the Bible. This is a fact not disputed by any attorney or historian. However, no where is this thread was the claim made it was exclusively on the Bible, which is the main strawmen that started crawling out of the ground like zombies. So many posters bring so much of a constrained worldview to this thread, they think they know what is being said before it is being said.

What laws, specifically were based upon the Bible, and did not exist in Greek/Roman legal tradition?

The laws in the Old Testament that predated Rome, like the Ten Commandments, which happen to be prominently displayed in the Supreme Court.

Fortunately, the Supreme Court does not use Levitical law as the law of land.

Man's law far exceeds the gods law in terms of human focused justice.

Forum List

Back