🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Yes, Gay Marriage Hurts Me Personally"

Unfortunately, the far right Christian agenda has hurt, or attempted to harm- many homosexuals that prefer to be treated equally with everyone else.
And that justifies their vindictiveness in what way? Of course, their actions place them above any Christians they may oppose. lie down with dogs, get up with fleas...scratching much yet?

What vindictiveness?

Sure there are hateful individuals- on both the right and the left- I will assume we are not speaking about them.

So what vindictiveness?
So, do you support the vindictiveness that runs to lawyers and the court to punish those who disagree?

Business's are supposed to follow the law. I support the right of Americans to use the court to enforce their rights- just as I would support the right of any Christian who was denied service because of his faith to sue the offending business.

That is not vinctiveness- it is standing up for your rights.

Laws which violate my individual rights are bad laws, and it is essential that they be opposed at every turn. This law has violated my First Amendment rights.

So your problem is with Public Accomodations laws- which date back to 1964- the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Amazing you just now figured out that these laws 'violate your rights'.

At the end of page six and not one anti Marriage Equality harm has been shown.
I supplied many examples..

Not one of you has been able to provide an actual example of personal harm to anyone because people can marry someone of the same gender.

You were told - I told you in Post 150, and it was repeated later - you choose to ignore it, rather than address it, because you have no response. Instead, you put your fingers in your ears and claim ignorance.

Here is your post 150- still looking for some actual claim of how you are injured by two men or two women legally marrying- feel free to point out in that rant of yours where you are injured.

You know, you gotta love the "Told ya so! Told ya so!! You're all a bunch of bigots!" mantra of the left .... they, simply, have no idea what has happened. Frankly, it has very little to do with gay rights.

The government has, in its wisdom, stripped the rights of one group in order to further the agenda of another group. The government has said that the First Amendment does NOT apply to Christians. Who will be next? For the first time, the government has said that THEY will be the arbiter of your rights, and that they will apply them piecemeal as they see fit. Today, the court has said that the rights of gay Americans trump the rights of Christian Americans.

Christians have now been denied the 'free exercise' of their religion. Today, there are cases making their way through federal courts asking that ALL religious preaching - to include from the pulpit - be classified as 'hate speech'.

While the left gleefully concentrates on the right hand, the left hand, once again, attacks the basic precepts of our country.

At the end of page six and not one anti Marriage Equality harm has been shown.

Get it straight. You freaks on the socon far right are not going to have any power ever to stop folks from marrying whom they will.

You are not the fuck police.

You are not the marriage police.

You are . . . nothing.

Read the posts .... you're trying to cover the truth. The damage has already been done.

But ... let me ask you a theoretical question.

If a Catholic priest refuses to marry a gay couple, will he be subject to the law?

a) If yes, what happened to the First Amendment 'free exercise' clause?

b) If no, how is he different that a baker who believes his religion forbids him from aiding and abetting a sin?

Now, another theoretical question ...

A baker was forced to provide a cake for a gay wedding. A baker, who refused to provide a cake for an anti-gay event, was determined to NOT have violated the law. Explain the difference.

Now, some not so theoretical questions .....

SCOTUS has determined that the collective rights of gays supersedes the individual rights of citizens, by limiting the ability of some citizens the 'free exercise' of their religion and forcing them to aid and abet what they perceive a sin. So ... at what point did we give the government permission to limit our rights? What do you think is going to be the next individual right to be sacrificed on the altar of political correctness? Why does the right of the gay community to marriage supersede my right to practice my religion?

What minister or clergy has been forced to perform a gay marriage they did not want to perform? And do be specific.

Making a big deal over one incident...

Yeah... It was just ONE Homo-Shame Rally... that roughed up and SPIT ON A PRIEST... because he is a man who openly loves God.

Nothing inherently EVIL ABOUT THAT: "ONE INCIDENT".

Should we take some time to list the other ONE "INCIDENCES" which demonstrate EVIL on the part of the MEN WHO SLEEP WITH OTHER MEN AND LITTLE BOYS?

A few are insisting that any official has to issue the license or do the marriage. They are wrong. If a couple is able to get the license or the officiator, there is no problem. There is a tension between 1st Amendment and 14th Amendment that can be solved.

Actually, it can't be resolved ... for the first time, SCOTUS has intentionally placed the collective rights of a group in direct competition with individual rights. The only way to remove that competition is to reverse the decision.

Today, we have three cases winding its way through federal court that insist that all anti-gay rhetoric in the church, to include from the pulpit, be classified as 'hate speech'.

The refusal of the church to provide its services to gays can now be interpreted as discrimination. The only question is WHEN - not IF - that lawsuit is filed. The priest who refuses to marry a gay couple could be subject to the anti-discrimination laws.

If a baker must bake a cake, the priest must conduct the ceremony.

OH! Did ya miss the part where the Federal Licensing of Degeneracy unleashed Nazism upon anyone who recognized that Marriage is the Joining of One Man and One Woman, as a simple but irretrievable consequence of human physiology, which is a consequence of how Nature designed humanity, which is how God designed Nature. Thus anyone who recognizes the simple facts of nature and the God who created Nature is now required to accept that which is otherwise UNACCEPTABLE.

Thus he, like every other person of any sense of decency and every Christian, is injured by their responsibility to ceaselessly contest degeneracy and to do so without apology and the consequence of that will inevitably be catastrophic.

Because... it ain't anywhere over and it's never going to be over until the Federal Government of the United States reverses that Decision, voids all unions between same gender couples and states in no uncertain terms that there is no potential right to promote Degeneracy... or whatever government replaces it.
The problem is, government got into the business of licensing such unions. You have to have a government issued license before your pastor can say the words and bless the union. Thus, those who would enter into something other than a one man-one woman union have a toehold on the issue. What I repugnant is, these persons who would have things otherwise will now use the force of law to shove their belief down the throats of those who do not agree with them.
P.S. I always assumed that "same sex" was an assumed tenet to any marriage.
Nonsense.

Once the license is issued the couple is at liberty to use any marriage venue they so desire: JP, judge, or member of the clergy. Opposite-sex couples may be married by a member of the clergy whose religious affiliation prohibits affording religious marriage rituals to same-sex couples. Such a couple may obtain their license, be married, and off on their honeymoon completely oblivious to same-sex couples doing the same.

No one is going to use the force of law to compel anyone to do anything.
Really? You surely have not been paying attention. These freaks are demanding that anyone with the authority to officiate a marriage be forced to do so for their coupling.

And they will find that Christian ministers will balk, and churches will close. And that's when things will get really interesting, because that's when people will pick up arms. People will defend their right to worship as they please, and they will kill and/or die before they will commit sacrilege.

Since Churches have no obligation to marry anyone that they do not want- not blacks, not Jews, not Mormons, not Homosexuals- that is not going to happen.

Just the fear mongering by the usual bigots.

Wrong .... you can bleat all you want, but the simple fact is that we have moved religious expression into the public sphere, and is subject to the laws.

But, I do have a question for you ... is it possible to have a discussion with you in which you DON'T call people vile names?

Yeah... It was just ONE Homo-Shame Rally... that roughed up and SPIT ON A PRIEST... because he is a man who openly loves God.

Should we take some time to list the other ONE "INCIDENCES" which demonstrate EVIL on the part of the MEN WHO SLEEP WITH OTHER MEN AND LITTLE BOYS?

Oh please! After the vitriol and spite thrown by the religious right at homosexuals, you want to whine when a tiny percentage of if comes back? Nonsense.

A few are insisting that any official has to issue the license or do the marriage. They are wrong. If a couple is able to get the license or the officiator, there is no problem. There is a tension between 1st Amendment and 14th Amendment that can be solved.

The refusal of the church to provide its services to gays can now be interpreted as discrimination. .

Churches discriminate all the time.

A Catholic Church will not allow Jews to marry in the church.
The Catholic Church will not ordain women as priests
The Mormon Church will not allow non-full members of the Church into the Temple.

Churches can refuse to marry anyone- any couple- for any reason that they want- up to and including refusing to marry a couple simply because they are of the wrong race.

Nothing changes.

Churches still can do what they want.

The problem is, government got into the business of licensing such unions. You have to have a government issued license before your pastor can say the words and bless the union. Thus, those who would enter into something other than a one man-one woman union have a toehold on the issue. What I repugnant is, these persons who would have things otherwise will now use the force of law to shove their belief down the throats of those who do not agree with them.
P.S. I always assumed that "same sex" was an assumed tenet to any marriage.
Nonsense.

Once the license is issued the couple is at liberty to use any marriage venue they so desire: JP, judge, or member of the clergy. Opposite-sex couples may be married by a member of the clergy whose religious affiliation prohibits affording religious marriage rituals to same-sex couples. Such a couple may obtain their license, be married, and off on their honeymoon completely oblivious to same-sex couples doing the same.

No one is going to use the force of law to compel anyone to do anything.
Really? You surely have not been paying attention. These freaks are demanding that anyone with the authority to officiate a marriage be forced to do so for their coupling.

And they will find that Christian ministers will balk, and churches will close. And that's when things will get really interesting, because that's when people will pick up arms. People will defend their right to worship as they please, and they will kill and/or die before they will commit sacrilege.

Since Churches have no obligation to marry anyone that they do not want- not blacks, not Jews, not Mormons, not Homosexuals- that is not going to happen.

Just the fear mongering by the usual bigots.

Wrong .... you can bleat all you want, but the simple fact is that we have moved religious expression into the public sphere, and is subject to the laws.

Churches have no more obligation today than they had on Thursday- or that they had in 1965.

Just fear mongering by the usual bigots.

Actually, it can't be resolved ... for the first time, SCOTUS has intentionally placed the collective rights of a group in direct competition with individual rights. The only way to remove that competition is to reverse the decision.

Today, we have three cases winding its way through federal court that insist that all anti-gay rhetoric in the church, to include from the pulpit, be classified as 'hate speech'.

The refusal of the church to provide its services to gays can now be interpreted as discrimination. The only question is WHEN - not IF - that lawsuit is filed. The priest who refuses to marry a gay couple could be subject to the anti-discrimination laws.

If a baker must bake a cake, the priest must conduct the ceremony.

That only applies if the church is a public access business.

And I love that you are insisting that you have been hurt by what you THINK will happen in the future.

Yup, not one person harmed by Marriage Equality.

I was ... and I am.

Still waiting for you to tell us exactly how

• Where you physically harmed? Did you suffer some injury?
  • Did you suffer a financial loss- and if so- how much?
  • Did your marriage or relationship end?
  • Did your dog run away?
  • Did your computer explode?
See when I have been harmed- its pretty easy to say how I have been harmed. Still looking for that from you.

What minister or clergy has been forced to perform a gay marriage they did not want to perform? And do be specific.

Reader, understand that all it takes is ONE. So the feign of innocence is about as devious as it comes.

We can rest assured that they're presently in the process of pushing that door in, even as we speak... because, the Federal Government just Licensed THEM TO DO SO.

Of course, anyone who would like to offer evidence showing the compassion of the homo-cult, in not shoving itself into places it doesn't belong... is welcome to do so.

Just keep in mind that Homosexuality is by definition about nothing else, except pushing itself into places it doesn't belong.

That only applies if the church is a public access business.

Well There ya go... we find that all TOO RARE: Exception.

Now let's review the above cited would-be 'contributors most recent post:

See how that works?

I was ... and I am.

• Did your dog run away?
See when I have been harmed- its pretty easy to say how I have been harmed. Still looking for that from you.

My right to exercise my religion has been grievously harmed ... I am now REQUIRED to aid and abet a sin ... in the eyes of my God, that is a sin of equal value.

My individual rights are NOW subject to definition, and control, by politicians. The government now has the precedence to define the limits, or applicability, of my fundamental rights.

No they wont. Only a few kooks like yourself will resist long enough for it to get like that. At that point you will be classified as a cult and dealt with accordingly.

Your math is as abysmal as your English. The kooks are not on my side, and the majority is not on your side. You morons think that because you can get the courts to force the issue IN SPITE of what the majority wants, that you have any chance of success if it does come to fighting. The reality is, nobody of any value is going to flock to the defense of the depraved, criminal minority. You have convinced yourself that you are more numerous than you are. There's a reason the SCOTUS has to keep passing this garbage, you know.

Changing Attitudes on Gay Marriage
Public Opinion
In Pew Research polling in 2001, Americans opposed same-sex marriage by a 57% to 35% margin.

Since then, support for same-sex marriage has steadily grown. Today, a majority of Americans (57%) support same-sex marriage, compared with 39% who oppose it.

Changing Attitudes on Gay Marriage Pew Research Center

Go to the link and look at support among the religious by affiliation and you'll find that it's only the most fundamental that disapprove . They are outweighed by a large margin.
The same result is shown when looking at political affiliation. Only the most conservative disagree.
Your position is in the minority in almost every demographic.

None of those lukewarm "supporters" will fight for you loons, trust me.

They certainly won't blow up their careers or congregations for you or yours either.

I was ... and I am.

• Did your dog run away?

My right to exercise my religion has been grievously harmed ... I am now REQUIRED to aid and abet a sin ... in the eyes of my God, that is a sin of equal value.

My individual rights are NOW subject to definition, and control, by politicians. The government now has the precedence to define the limits, or applicability, of my fundamental rights.
No...you can always get a new job.

I was ... and I am.

• Did your dog run away?

So you cannot actually come up with any actual harm- you are whining about harm you might suffer- somehow- in some unexplained fashion.

As an individual no one is required to do anything.

If you run a business, you cannot refuse to obey the law by claiming a special "I am a Christian" exemption.

Like I showed, your opinion is marginal even among the faithful.

Yet... Marriage, > IS < the Joining of One Man and One Woman.

But that's only because Nature designed HUMANITY with two distinct but complementing Genders, each respectively and specifically designed to join with the other, forming from two, one sustainable body.

See how easy that is? It's called "Self Evident Truth". Can't be denied... can't be avoided. It quite simply IS.

The only " self evident truth" is that you are on the fringe.

Oh please! After the vitriol and spite thrown by the religious right at homosexuals...

What is that? That they've turned their back on God? That's a fact of nature... where's the potential for vitriol?

Do you even know what the word means?

Forum List

Back