YES!!!! North Charleston Murderer Officer Slager INDICTED

My guess? His brain went into panic and he lost the fight for the arrest. Lost his cool. Made a criminal decision. Maybe. He was shot w his taser that Scott had. Still a bad shoot imo.

You, however, have never done a dangerous thing in your life. So you wouldnt know the feeling of stress during a conflict.

Have you read his police report? Compare it to the video. There was WAY more than an 'in the moment' decision. He lied his ass off to cover up a criminal homicide. And if you watch the video, it looks like he drops the taser next to the man's body.

Yeah, he went into panic mode then tried to cover it up and the officer next to him never corrected to story.

If the suspect were running toward him, I could see some plausible sense of danger. But running away? That's a guy whose 'kill it' threshold is way to hair trigger to ever be a cop.
The guy had been a cop for a long time. That's what makes this one not as clear as it looks. If he was trigger happy that probably would have manifested itself a long time ago.
It's also just as easy to speculate that he thought the culprit was running off with his taser that he had just used on the cop suggesting the culprit is capable and willing to use it on someone else, making the shooting justifiable. But I admit I don't know.
Unlike cop haters, I'll wait for the evidence.

So in your opinion, anybody who thinks there is a possibility the cop might be wrong is a cop hater. Is that right?
I never suggested any such thing. I was referring to those who want to skip due process and go right to a lynching because they have preconceived notions about cops.

Or so it appears. We don't know what else went into the event.
Again, the Eric Garner episode looked very damning until the evidence came out at trial. Changed everything.

I agree that the jury ends up making the call given all the evidence but there is no police protocol that justifies shooting an unarmed person who is running away.
If the perp is carrying a weapon that he had already discharged he can be shot while running away for sure.

Except that he wasn't carrying anything. Slager picked up the taser and dropped it next to the body to cover up his illegal shooting.
Or so it appears. There is likely way more to this. I'll wait for evidence at trial.
The only thing definitively established is that the perp is a criminal who resisted arrest and ran from the police. Beyond that, it's still up in the air.

Nope!

The video definitively established that Slager killed the victim who was no threat to him at all.
You don't know that and neither do I. That's why I'll wait for the trial and presentation of evidence.

Yeah, he went into panic mode then tried to cover it up and the officer next to him never corrected to story.

If the suspect were running toward him, I could see some plausible sense of danger. But running away? That's a guy whose 'kill it' threshold is way to hair trigger to ever be a cop.
The guy had been a cop for a long time. That's what makes this one not as clear as it looks. If he was trigger happy that probably would have manifested itself a long time ago.
It's also just as easy to speculate that he thought the culprit was running off with his taser that he had just used on the cop suggesting the culprit is capable and willing to use it on someone else, making the shooting justifiable. But I admit I don't know.

So in your opinion, anybody who thinks there is a possibility the cop might be wrong is a cop hater. Is that right?
No....his opinion is that any dead negro is a good negro. He us a teaper....a racist Pos

Of course he is. He likes to spout crap here, so he can pretend he is something other than the pathetic sniveling weasel that we all know he is in real life.
You have every opportunity to contest what you allege to be spouted crap. Go ahead. I dare you.

Just because someone hasn't shown that dude in many years doesn't mean it's impossible. That is just an excuse for him firing on an unarmed person.

He doesn't have to fire on everybody just because you set up a phony logic

I mean he was a cop for many years, maybe the stress got to him.

Maybe he had a bad day.

Maybe he had a flashback.

But what is certain is he shot someone in the back and tried to cover it up. No maybes needed

Shooting an unarmed fleeing person in the back is not an acceptable use of deadly force.
There may be a question of whether the cop knew he was unarmed. He apparently shot the cop with his own taser and if the cop thought he was still in possession of it then the entire scenario changes. I'm waiting for evidence in trial.

Slager's report is at odds with his actions recorded on the video ergo he was lying. The only question is the extent of his lying.

I have no doubt whatsoever that his report was written to make himself appear to be a "victim acting in self defense".
The video is partial and may be edited. We don't know. Let's see what comes up in trial.

The videos are long enough to see him pull Scott over in his squad car, then standing and talking to him when he turns and runs, shooting him in the fucking back, THEN moving the taser to the side of Scott's body to lie about what happened.

Sorry, he was arrested immediately and denied bail, if that means anything inside your empty head and partial azz.
See, I believe in waiting for evidence at trial instead of convicting people on a humbug like you do in your thread.
Again, the Eric Garner video should have taught the lesson to not jump to conclusions based on videos and especially partial and sporadic videos.

The Eric Garner video should have taught you that he died from an illegal chokehold by a cop, you stupid idiot. That was verified by the coroner. Your head is even more empty than I thought.

I think all cameras, videos, cell phones and television should all just be stopped and destroyed. We need to wind it back to 1890 when everyone had to stand still for 15 minutes while a single photo was being taken.

This will help the right wing racists adjust to the new world we live in because modern technology is just too much for them.

Just wind it back. And take Rick Santorum with you when you go.

There may be a question of whether the cop knew he was unarmed. He apparently shot the cop with his own taser and if the cop thought he was still in possession of it then the entire scenario changes. I'm waiting for evidence in trial.

Slager's report is at odds with his actions recorded on the video ergo he was lying. The only question is the extent of his lying.

I have no doubt whatsoever that his report was written to make himself appear to be a "victim acting in self defense".
The video is partial and may be edited. We don't know. Let's see what comes up in trial.

The videos are long enough to see him pull Scott over in his squad car, then standing and talking to him when he turns and runs, shooting him in the fucking back, THEN moving the taser to the side of Scott's body to lie about what happened.

Sorry, he was arrested immediately and denied bail, if that means anything inside your empty head and partial azz.
See, I believe in waiting for evidence at trial instead of convicting people on a humbug like you do in your thread.
Again, the Eric Garner video should have taught the lesson to not jump to conclusions based on videos and especially partial and sporadic videos.

The Eric Garner video should have taught you that he died from an illegal chokehold by a cop, you stupid idiot. That was verified by the coroner. Your head is even more empty than I thought.

The choke hold was not illegal. ..so it looks like you're the stupid idiot.

I mean he was a cop for many years, maybe the stress got to him.

Maybe he had a bad day.

Maybe he had a flashback.

But what is certain is he shot someone in the back and tried to cover it up. No maybes needed

Let's have a trial anyway...you know, just for shits and giggles.

No, he died from an asthmatic condition and the hold didn't involve any pressure on his windpipe. What world do you live in?

No, he died from an asthmatic condition and the hold didn't involve any pressure on his windpipe. What world do you live in?

I agree. One important thing to add is the choke-hold NTPP is talking about is banned by the NYPD but not illegal...that's an important distinction that should be made clear.

when i first saw what happened, my first impression was that he was so heavy, he was only suffocating himself. u think a 5' 10" 180 man would of been been yelling i cant breathe with a cops arm around his head. extremely obese people generally dont breathe well. and his health was in poor status. no heart can withstand 350-400 pounds and no excersize.

when i first saw what happened, my first impression was that he was so heavy, he was only suffocating himself. u think a 5' 10" 180 man would of been been yelling i cant breathe with a cops arm around his head. extremely obese people generally dont breathe well. and his health was in poor status. no heart can withstand 350-400 pounds and no excersize.
and just look at how many 350-500 pound wrestlers have died in their 30's and 40's, ok? in the end, their heart stopped.

and just look at how many 350-500 pound wrestlers have died in their 30's and 40's, ok? in the end, their heart stopped.
this would be like being shot in the ass, then yelling,,,I cant see goddammit !!!!

Have you read his police report? Compare it to the video. There was WAY more than an 'in the moment' decision. He lied his ass off to cover up a criminal homicide. And if you watch the video, it looks like he drops the taser next to the man's body.

I never suggested any such thing. I was referring to those who want to skip due process and go right to a lynching because they have preconceived notions about cops.

Not aware of very many people advocating that. There are, however many who are upset because it looks like cops can do damn near anything and get away with it.

Video shows him shooting a fleeing man and then moving evidence from it's original place to next to the body of his victim.
Or so it appears. We don't know what else went into the event.
Again, the Eric Garner episode looked very damning until the evidence came out at trial. Changed everything.

I agree that the jury ends up making the call given all the evidence but there is no police protocol that justifies shooting an unarmed person who is running away.

There is one exception. A policeman has the right - some would say a duty - to use deadly force to prevent the escape of a dangerous felon:

Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force. Thus, if the suspect threatens the officer with a weapon or there is probable cause to believe that he has committed a crime involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical harm, deadly force may be used if necessary to prevent escape, and if, where feasible, some warning has been given. As applied in such circumstances, the Tennessee statute would pass constitutional muster.”

Tennessee v. Garner Cop Block
The entire case may boil down to this question: Did officer Michael Slager have probable cause to believe that Walter Scott committed a crime involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical harm. From what I have read about the case so far, such probable cause did not exist. But that is just my humble opinion and I know enough about the law to know that jury verdicts are often unpredictable. My best guess: plea bargain; however, if it goes to court, conviction.

Forum List

Back