You Are No Longer Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Governor Cuomo should have said New York is opposed to intolerance of other Americans as it does not fit the values that America was founded on. Maybe he did, but the right wing only hears what they are programmed to hear. Thus some bogeyman is made of any comment by a democrat or assumed liberal. In America today intolerance is OK so long as the intolerance fits the partisan's worldview, Duck Dynasty and Chick-fil-A are examples. Odd how the right has turned against genuine American values of tolerance and acceptance.

He's opposed to intolerance and then shows his intolerance. He's a hypocrite.

You can't have it both ways.

"Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are."

Those were the words uttered by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. These words have also signaled to me the arrival of something I've feared in America. This something is an era of hyper-partisanship, where mere political affiliation can warrant someone telling you "you have no place here." Has our partisanship reached such a level where we tell someone they no longer belong in the same state as you? Where will those of similar political leanings be speaking out against this?

Do Democrats and Republicans alike not have the same right to live in New York or anywhere? It was bad enough segregating blacks and whites some 50 and 60 years ago, now we must segregate between the letters "D" and "R"? This is why I speak in support of bipartisanship. This is why I favor it. For this is what partisanship will reap.

One will say "I will never get along with them." But I say you don't have to. However it isn't right or moral to begrudge them a place among their fellow Americans that they have made for themselves to live because of what their political beliefs are. The law notwithstanding, a man of any idea or philosophy should be welcome in America.

What Governor Cuomo demonstrated to the rest of America is an utter lack of tolerance, a lack of goodwill. No aspect of partisanship towards his fellow New Yorkers. The onus rests with the people who elected him, those people being the Democrats themselves. He is the manifestation of the intolerance they profess to combat. Cuomo represents an aspect of hatred that Democrats claim not to possess towards those of different beliefs.

How about all of those on the right who tell you that you should leave America if you do not like how things are? The old 'America, love it or leave it' syndrome. See, it works both ways.

The journalist that coined that phrase was an avid supporter of FDR and The New Deal.

Walter Winchell: Biography from Answers.com

Well, the right sure did latch on to it during the Vietnam War. Of course, I do not expect the right to come up with anything original.

New York is paying for ads that give businesses a 10 year "no-tax" period just to get them to come back to the state.

Wait a minute, isn't lower taxes a bad thing?

I don't think it's going to work, because a business knows that the clock will be ticking once they set up their operation. No thanks. They'll move to a state that isn't out to destroy them.

How about all of those on the right who tell you that you should leave America if you do not like how things are? The old 'America, love it or leave it' syndrome. See, it works both ways.

The journalist that coined that phrase was an avid supporter of FDR and The New Deal.

Well, the right sure did latch on to it during the Vietnam War. Of course, I do not expect the right to come up with anything original.

I don't think it was just Republicans that supported Vietnam. Plenty of Democrats did too.

FYI, Democrats got us into Vietnam, and a Republican got us out.

Last edited:
[

So are you defending what Cuomo said? Because that's a big dodge on your part. "But- but, what about Republicans?" you ask. Why aren't you speaking out against this type of rhetoric? Are you condoning it? This time the onus lies on your party. Your party put him there.

Cuomo's already walked back what he said, but I can understand his frustration.

There is no reasoning with the kind of extremist who thinks that women should have their rapist's babies and that absolutely crazy people should be able to buy automatic weapons.

It's not just that your side lacks an ability to comprimise, but that a lot of you just lack a bit of common sense.

are you saying there were 55,000,000 rapes ??

I Am Overwhelmed by 55 Million Babies Killed Since Roe v. Wade | LifeNews.com

[

So are you defending what Cuomo said? Because that's a big dodge on your part. "But- but, what about Republicans?" you ask. Why aren't you speaking out against this type of rhetoric? Are you condoning it? This time the onus lies on your party. Your party put him there.

There is no reasoning with the kind of extremist who thinks that women should have their rapist's babies and that absolutely crazy people should be able to buy automatic weapons.

It's not just that your side lacks an ability to comprimise, but that a lot of you just lack a bit of common sense.

]

Nope.

I'm saying that if you think that a fetus the size of a kidney bean has more rights than the woman it is inside of, then you do advocate a woman being forced to have her rapist's baby.

You can't demand a law based on a principle, and then carve out a hard luck case that contradicts that principle.

Either fetuses are people or they aren't.

This guy must have really hurt some feelings, third thread on this at least. What many of you outrage junkies don't understand is that you are following assholes who have been throwing an embarrassing 5 year tantrum of sabotage and hyperbolic rhetoric that has accomplished nothing except ruin the conservative brand and for some reason you want more. Here's the problem, your leaders are anti-everything except guns, they want to ban all kinds of things Americans are currently free to do or soon will be and you wonder why we listen to your talk of liberty and wonder what the hell you are talking about.

This guy must have really hurt some feelings, third thread on this at least. What many of you outrage junkies don't understand is that you are following assholes who have been throwing an embarrassing 5 year tantrum of sabotage and hyperbolic rhetoric that has accomplished nothing except ruin the conservative brand and for some reason you want more. Here's the problem, your leaders are anti-everything except guns, they want to ban all kinds of things Americans are currently free to do or soon will be and you wonder why we listen to your talk of liberty and wonder what the hell you are talking about.

Outrage junkies - I quite like that.

When you're done beating your strawman let us know.....:trolls:

I don't think it was just Republicans that supported Vietnam. Plenty of Democrats did too.

You either missed the point, or you are choosing to ignore it.

]

Nope.

I'm saying that if you think that a fetus the size of a kidney bean has more rights than the woman it is inside of, then you do advocate a woman being forced to have her rapist's baby.

You can't demand a law based on a principle, and then carve out a hard luck case that contradicts that principle.

Either fetuses are people or they aren't.

If it has a heart beat, it's 'living'

-Geaux

And then they complain about the Nanny State.

The Governor is just saying what people all over this country are thinking?

And consider this far-righties and religious zealots, if you're not longer welcome, maybe it's YOU and not the rest of us that are the problem with this country.

Pray on it and get back to me.

"Who are they?

You’re the extreme conservative – you’re just too much of a blind partisan to see that.

The extremism of the right manifest with you and other conservatives who seek to deny same-sex couples their equal protection rights, who seek to deny women their privacy rights, who seek to deny transgender persons their right to individual liberty, and who seek to deny minorities their right to vote.

It is the extremism of fear, ignorance, and hate you and most conservatives exhibit in response to change, diversity, and dissent.

Consequently, Cuomo was correct to admonish those on the hateful, ignorant right that if you indeed seek to violate the civil liberties of American citizens who are residents of New York, the State will stand against you in their defense.

Conservatives are welcome to live in New York, provided they understand the civil liberties of all Americans will be respected and defended in that state.

Might want to understand the constitution first before you start trying to apply it. The constitution does not say 'we will apply only the laws we agree with'.

Actually conservatives are what used to be called moderates. People that support the second amendment. The left has gone so far left that they're trying to make the center look far right. It's total nonsense.

^^delusional lack of perspective and unwillingness to accept responsibility^^

FYI, Democrats got us into Vietnam, and a Republican got us out.

Nailed! :lol:

You’re the extreme conservative – you’re just too much of a blind partisan to see that.

The extremism of the right manifest with you and other conservatives who seek to deny same-sex couples their equal protection rights, who seek to deny women their privacy rights, who seek to deny transgender persons their right to individual liberty, and who seek to deny minorities their right to vote.

It is the extremism of fear, ignorance, and hate you and most conservatives exhibit in response to change, diversity, and dissent.

Consequently, Cuomo was correct to admonish those on the hateful, ignorant right that if you indeed seek to violate the civil liberties of American citizens who are residents of New York, the State will stand against you in their defense.

Conservatives are welcome to live in New York, provided they understand the civil liberties of all Americans will be respected and defended in that state.

Might want to understand the constitution first before you start trying to apply it. The constitution does not say 'we will apply only the laws we agree with'.

Actually conservatives are what used to be called moderates. People that support the second amendment. The left has gone so far left that they're trying to make the center look far right. It's total nonsense.

^^delusional lack of perspective and unwillingness to accept responsibility^^

Wassamattayou? Does the truth harsh your zen? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back