"You didn't get there on your own"

imagesCA4Y49GI.jpg

Lack of regulation of Wall Street destroyed the world economy.

you mean lack of capitalism almost destroyed the world economy?

Who can say with a straight face that the housing crisis was not caused by Fanny Freddie Fed when most of the liberal government was organized to get folks into homes the capitalist free market said they could not afford.

See why we are positive a liberal will slow. He has Nazi like faith in genius liberal regulators when capitalism is obviously the best regulator.

So it was just a coincidence F+F went from 80% of real estate loans to 25%, banks took over, under BOOOSH 2003-2006? Hilarious, dupe.

it is a disastrous process when the government presumes it has the expertise and ability to do that.

that?? those in government throughout history all presumed they had the expertise to do that and everything else. That is why Jefferson gave us freedom from liberal government when he created America.
Freedom from government expertise is why America reversed all of human history and became the greatest country in all of human human history

I blame the schools, clearly you guys didnt learn a god damn thing...
wait, not the schools fault, you are just stupid

This from the guy who cannot compose a single sentence that's even vaguely correct in its grammar or punctuation, and can't come up with any other insult than, "Stupid, stupid, you're all so stupid, you're just stupid."

Investigate the concept of synonyms, Sparkles. I'm sure someone will read you the definition if you ask nicely.

really feel that way when he said:
“If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that,” Obama told a crowd in Roanoke, Va., on Friday. “Somebody else made that happen.”

YOU LIE. He did not say that.
The official transcript relates:

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. [Emphasis added]

He continued:

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet. [Emphasis added]

and you still don't fucking understand what he meant.:confused:
No man is a island

This is a quotation from John Donne (1572-1631). It appears in Devotions upon emergent occasions and seuerall steps in my sicknes - Meditation XVII, 1624:

"All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated...As therefore the bell that rings to a sermon, calls not upon the preacher only, but upon the congregation to come: so this bell calls us all: but how much more me, who am brought so near the door by this sickness....No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

“If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that,” Obama told a crowd in Roanoke, Va., on Friday. “Somebody else made that happen.”

Is he THAT dumb to criticize the major voting block that put him in office..
76% of all voters white.. of which 44% voted for him in 2008... and now he is criticizing some of the same people that voted him into office? IS THAT DUMB or does he mean it?

If he means it he again is showing the incredible ignorance of what it takes to start and keep a business going.. and this pompous BUTT thinks these people had NOTHING to do with it?

Now the WH is trying to walk this back by saying well businesses need roads and bridges..
hmmm Cuba/Russia have bridges.. so why are Cubans still driving cars from the USA built in the 50s?
If Obama intended to say well the Internet was a government project... he was right!
BUT OBAMA.... what funded that research? TAX dollars make up 97% of Federal revenue!
So businesses that make a profit have employees that pay taxes, pay property taxes and Federal taxes that CREATED the Internet!
SO is he like ALGORE that totally ignorant as to how the Federal government pays its bills?

NO Obama meant that statement and was stupid for making it!
His whole educational background hated businesses hated profits.. hated USA and it is totally true or WHY else is he bent on tearing people down? Tearing businesses down?
Tearing the USA down???

I guess the English language is troublesome for you. Understandable. I believe Obama's comments were intended for those that can comprehend The English Language. You may need some assistance. Get some.

YOU LIE. He did not say that.
The official transcript relates:

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. [Emphasis added]

He continued:

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet. [Emphasis added]

and you still don't fucking understand what he meant.:confused:
No man is a island

Tell me something. Do you think Obama knows what DARPA is cause I KNOW you don't!
But the point is DARPA started the internet.
Guess where DARPA got it's money to start DARPA?
Department of Defense.
Where did Department of Defense get it's money?
TAXPAYERS.. dumb f...k!!!

I am getting the idea that some believe the 'liberals' on this board want to take Walton's money and by a homeless person a Cadilac. We don't.

On the other side we do believe that you want to throw them under the bus.

No, we don't think that. What we think is that some on this board want to take all of the Walton family's money and give it to the government to "administer", ie. spend on a lot of pork and vote buying. I doubt they'd give any one person enough of anything to buy a Cadillac.

Considering that liberals appear to believe that right and wrong are defined by personal profit and benefit, I can't imagine why you think anyone cares about your spin on what else you believe.

I am getting the idea that some believe the 'liberals' on this board want to take Walton's money and by a homeless person a Cadilac. We don't.

What did Walton start off with in 1962?

If you took Walton's money and bought all the poor people Cadillacs they would sell the cadillacs to buy stuff from Walton. Pretty soon Walton would have all the money and the poor wouldn't have any Cadillac's either.

Poor people are poor because of the way they think. Because of the decisions they make. They will never be rich, not even if you gave them a million dollars every year. They would have the money for 2-3 months, then be homeless derelicts again.

The point is we are not offering Sam's money. We offering our own money, liberal's that is. We are offering to do it through the government because we don't want to be the only ones to make sure the homeless don't starve. We don't want some druggie, slacker to have a Cadilac anymore than anyone else.

The point is, you're NOT offering your own money. You're offering EVERYONE'S money, whether they agree with you or not, and when they say, "We think that's a bad idea", you start excoriating and verbally abusing them and telling them how "greedy" and "selfish" and "unpatriotic" they are, simply because THEY don't think that the government is the only possible way of ever dealing with problems.

If you were offering YOUR OWN money, not a single shit would be given.

What did Walton start off with in 1962?

If you took Walton's money and bought all the poor people Cadillacs they would sell the cadillacs to buy stuff from Walton. Pretty soon Walton would have all the money and the poor wouldn't have any Cadillac's either.

Poor people are poor because of the way they think. Because of the decisions they make. They will never be rich, not even if you gave them a million dollars every year. They would have the money for 2-3 months, then be homeless derelicts again.

you should ask yourself what the tax rate was in 1962. And did it stop good old Sam?

Wonderful plan. "Sam Walton worked around insanely confiscatory tax rates, so why bother trying to make things better?" Just because people manage to triumph over adversity doesn't make the adversity a good thing.

I have to go in a couple minutes so let me just spell this out right quick.

Some people, both rich and poor, believe that everyone should help out in the common good to some degree. That would mean that, yes, richer would sometimes give to those that need help.

Some people don't want to help out, ever. There are no enough of these people to win an election so they have to fill ignorant people full of lies about liberals taking all the money and buying slacker, druggies Cadilacs.

Now I am not saying Romney is a lying, greedy person. We can see from his tax returns that he feels part of America and does his part every year. We can see that, right?

Let me spell this out right quick.

Some people, both rich and poor, believe that the only way to "help out in the common good" is to give shitloads of money to government bureaucrats and let them do as they please with it. Those same people assume that anyone who disagrees with their "The only way to do anything is lots of government" attitude automatically "don't want to help out, ever", and sanctimoniously force those people to conform to their ideas, all the while patting themselves on their back for how morally superior they are.

I have to go in a couple minutes so let me just spell this out right quick.

Some people, both rich and poor, believe that everyone should help out in the common good to some degree. That would mean that, yes, richer would sometimes give to those that need help.

Some people don't want to help out, ever. There are no enough of these people to win an election so they have to fill ignorant people full of lies about liberals taking all the money and buying slacker, druggies Cadilacs.

Now I am not saying Romney is a lying, greedy person. We can see from his tax returns that he feels part of America and does his part every year. We can see that, right?

Let me spell this out right quick.

Some people, both rich and poor, believe that the only way to "help out in the common good" is to give shitloads of money to government bureaucrats and let them do as they please with it. Those same people assume that anyone who disagrees with their "The only way to do anything is lots of government" attitude automatically "don't want to help out, ever", and sanctimoniously force those people to conform to their ideas, all the while patting themselves on their back for how morally superior they are.

Modern day conservatism is the political codification fo selfishness.

Forum List

Back