"You didn't get there on your own"

Obama is taking an interesting and dangerous approach on the campaign trail, telling successful business owners that they "didn't get there on their own", that their success is predicated in part on the labor and efforts (and taxes) of others. This gives the GOP an opening to say, "see, he hates business owners, we told you so."

On the other hand, it opens up a national conversation that I've never seen before, building on Elizabeth Warren's comments as she runs for office.

This tactic is flying right into the teeth of the GOP's strength, that business and employers are the key to economic success. He's betting that the GOP, so controlled by absolutists right now, is going to look anti-ALL workers, not just union.

Pretty brave, and I think it's a good conversation to have.

Obama Mocks Rich: 'You Didn't Get There On Your Own'

Liz Warren is a fucking joke. A total absolute fucking joke and a fraud and a Neo-Marxist

Who the fuck cares what she says?

apparently, an awful lot since she and brown are neck and neck ...

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Massachusetts Senate - Brown vs. Warren

but we know you're allergic to educted people, so it's understandable that you'd find elizabeth warren offensive.

Yea, well government is the enemy............here are some more Jefferson quotes I have confirmed are true. ;)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "

Sorry, you don't get a second bite at the apple...

Those people whose lives were saved yesterday by the quick actions of first responders in Colorado didn't consider the government their "enemy". They were probably damned glad those first responders were there and got them to safety or treated their injuries.

Hey, I want all you wingnuts who rip on government workers to remember that those people who responded to Aurora were "government workers" in "Public Sector unions".

First go fuck yourself

Second that's not the issue

Third feel free to hang your useless self in the bathroom of a Transvestite Bar

Fourth go fuck yourself again

Obama is taking an interesting and dangerous approach on the campaign trail, telling successful business owners that they "didn't get there on their own", that their success is predicated in part on the labor and efforts (and taxes) of others. This gives the GOP an opening to say, "see, he hates business owners, we told you so."

On the other hand, it opens up a national conversation that I've never seen before, building on Elizabeth Warren's comments as she runs for office.

This tactic is flying right into the teeth of the GOP's strength, that business and employers are the key to economic success. He's betting that the GOP, so controlled by absolutists right now, is going to look anti-ALL workers, not just union.

Pretty brave, and I think it's a good conversation to have.

Obama Mocks Rich: 'You Didn't Get There On Your Own'

Liz Warren is a fucking joke. A total absolute fucking joke and a fraud and a Neo-Marxist

Who the fuck cares what she says?

apparently, an awful lot since she and brown are neck and neck ...

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Massachusetts Senate - Brown vs. Warren

but we know you're allergic to educted people, so it's understandable that you'd find elizabeth warren offensive.

Jilly, you're the party of Robert KKK Byrd, Charlie Rangel, and Liz "High Cheekbones" Warren, we know you have no standard whatsoever for who you put in office.

The Party of Barack 57 States Obama and Joe Biden has to keep telling us how educated and intelligent they are. It feels like the Thatcher "Power is like being a lady... if you have to tell people you are, you aren't" quote. Democrats keep insisting on telling us how smart they are and all they do is sound a lot like Freddy Corleone in the process

Here's Liz Warren Yearbook pic from Harvard. Note the high cheekbones.

200px-Ward_Churchill.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, well government is the enemy............here are some more Jefferson quotes I have confirmed are true. ;)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "

Those people whose lives were saved yesterday by the quick actions of first responders in Colorado didn't consider the government their "enemy". They were probably damned glad those first responders were there and got them to safety or treated their injuries.

Hey, I want all you wingnuts who rip on government workers to remember that those people who responded to Aurora were "government workers" in "Public Sector unions".

First go fuck yourself

Not at all. Your boy, Governor WeirdMormonRobot, seems to think we have too many govenrment workers and they make too much money. (i.e. they haven't gone along with the abuse like the private sector has.)

So this is EXACTLY the issue. You guys complain these folks are getting pensions and good salaries, I'm glad they are there, good at their jobs and enthusiastic about doing them.

And so were a lot of folks in Colorado, whether it be the wounded who were treated and rushed to hospitals or Holmes' neighbors, who woke up Friday Morning to find themselves living next to a bomb that "lazy government workers" are trying to defuse safely.

Obama was busy taking a mild recession and turning it into a lengthy one. Great job.

A mild recession?

Holy crap.

Congratulations. You made me speechless. I don't even know what to say here.

It boggles the fucking mind that anyone would say something like that.

See, this is an example of what really fascinates me about partisan ideologues. When I see something as completely absurd as this, a few questions immediately start running through what remains of my little mind:

1. Surely this person realizes this isn't true, right?
2. Wait, maybe they do, how could that be?
3. What was the thought process that completely blocked out all evidence and allowed them to come to this conclusion?
4. Is this person having any contrary thoughts about this statement?
5. If so, what are they doing with those thoughts? How are they handling them?
6. What outside influences have contributed to such thought processes? Fox and MSNBC? Is it that simple?
7. Do they approach other areas of life like this, where they just ignore contrary evidence and run with stuff?
8. Does thinking in a vacuum, in an intellectual cocoon, become habit, second nature?
9. Or maybe, is this just a game they like to play, really having little to do with the topic at hand, just fun?

If course, while these questions and others are bouncing around in my little brain, I'm sitting there in front of the computer, transfixed, trying not to drool.

Last edited:
No, the liberal media's effort to defend the president by putting his remarks “in context” doesn't help Obama at all, because his “you didn't build that” statement was, in context, even worse than if read as a standalone sentence.

It’s even worse for Obama because if you believe that no one deserves sole credit for their successes, then you must also believe no one is responsible for their sins. Yet for some reason, I don’t think we’ll see the president claiming credit for the fact that the accused Batman killer, James Holmes drove to the movie theater on government-created roads.

That would probably be too much context.

Read more: Sorry Media,

images

I truly think Obama and his Dem controlled congress were more focused on "fundamentally changing" the way America works than they were in ending the recession.

This is one of the biggest problems I have with die hard Dems, they only think about today, what looks good NOW, let someone else deal with the problems down the road. We're just not going to worry about it, today is all that matters.

Pelosi said it...........we have to pass the bill to see what's in it. In other words, let's pass it and see what happens, at least we did something today.

Last edited:
Well if he wins in November, I will be the last person to criticize his multiple vacations and golf outings. He'll do less damage on the golf course.

We need the Senate more than the presidency IMHO.

I truly think Obama and his Dem controlled congress were more focused on "fundamentally changing" the way America works than they were in ending the recession.

This is one of the biggest problems I have with die hard Dems, they only think about today, what looks good NOW, let someone else deal with the problems down the road. We're just not going to worry about it, today is all that matters.

Pelosi said it...........we have to pass the bill to see what's in it. In other words, let's pass it and see what happens, at least we did something today.

Look at the history of the two parties just since the Great Depression. The programs for the future the Democrats have put in practice, and the Republican programs to remove those programs. You might begin with Social Security and Glass Steagall. It took 25 years, 12 attempts and 300 million dollars to get rid of Glass Steagall. Social Security is harder but Republicans are still trying.

A mild recession?

Holy crap.

Congratulations. You made me speechless. I don't even know what to say here.

See, this is an example of what really fascinates me about partisan ideologues. When I see something as completely absurd as this, a few questions immediately start running through what remains of my little mind:

3. What was the thought process that completely blocked out all evidence and allowed them to come to this conclusion?
6. What outside influences have contributed to such thought processes? Fox and MSNBC? Is it that simple?
7. Do they approach other areas of life like this, where they just ignore contrary evidence and run with stuff?
8. Does thinking in a vacuum, in an intellectual cocoon, become habit, second nature?
9. Or maybe, is this just a game they like to play, really having little to do with the topic at hand, just fun?

If course, while these questions and others are bouncing around in my little brain, I'm sitting there in front of the computer, transfixed, trying not to drool.

Well said, but with all the partisan ideologues on this message board I would invest in large amounts of handiwipes for all that drooling.

My theory, given the unbelievable number of postings of some, is that they spend their entire day hunched over the computer, either unemployed or retired, with the likes of Rush Limbaugh, FOX news or MSNBC droning on in the background, pounding out insulting responses to other member's postings. I guess it is their way, at least in their minds, of defending truth, justice and the American way.

First go fuck yourself

Not at all. Your boy, Governor WeirdMormonRobot, seems to think we have too many govenrment workers and they make too much money. (i.e. they haven't gone along with the abuse like the private sector has.)

So this is EXACTLY the issue. You guys complain these folks are getting pensions and good salaries, I'm glad they are there, good at their jobs and enthusiastic about doing them.

And so were a lot of folks in Colorado, whether it be the wounded who were treated and rushed to hospitals or Holmes' neighbors, who woke up Friday Morning to find themselves living next to a bomb that "lazy government workers" are trying to defuse safely.

You're confused, which is not surprising considering you're part of the Progressive Collective and a fucking hack to boot

The Federal government is not the only government in the Land. I know you look to it the way many religious people look at God and think of God, as omnipresent as omniscient.

Hospitals and police are part of local government.

Can you say "local government"?

Try it.

Local Government.

And you're still a fucking hack

Well said, but with all the partisan ideologues on this message board I would invest in large amounts of handiwipes for all that drooling.

My theory, given the unbelievable number of postings of some, is that they spend their entire day hunched over the computer, either unemployed or retired, with the likes of Rush Limbaugh, FOX news or MSNBC droning on in the background, pounding out insulting responses to other member's postings. I guess it is their way, at least in their minds, of defending truth, justice and the American way.

Nice to know I'm not alone on this!

You did get there on your own.

It was a long process, but you took risks and decided to take on more education, move, purchase a car and home your income could afford, have kids, refuse government aid, take a second job, invest, save, take less vacations and a thousand other things. Don't let the President tell you the government needs you to repay all the kindnesses it has bestowed.

You did get there on your own.

It was a long process, but you took risks and decided to take on more education, move, purchase a car and home your income could afford, have kids, refuse government aid, take a second job, invest, save, take less vacations and a thousand other things.

And hell, that's just a part of it.

Someone who has never conceived of, started, grown and operated a business has no freakin' idea. None. Zero.

Doesn't stop them from minimizing your efforts, though.

Again you and Willie Wittless are deliberately trying to redefine the "rich" as well to do WAGE EARNERS. The truly rich do not work for the common wage!!!! They are Capital Gains Tycoons, not upper middle class wage earners who actually pay nearly all the taxes.

A Capital Gains Tycoon can make a billion dollars on the stock market and not pay a single dime on it. That gain can grow year after year tax free, like an unlimited IRA, until the tycoon decides to realize some of it, but unlike an IRA where he would pay a tax penalty for cashing it before retirement age, the tycoon not only pays no penalty but also pays a lower tax rate than a wage earner. And still the tycoon is not satisfied. Their puppets, the GOP, are trying to eliminate all capital gains taxes!!!

As to Willie Wittless, the top 1% of WEALTH, not wages, have about 20 trillion in total net worth, so if you confiscated all of it as Wittless postulates with wage earners, you could pay off the entire GOP debt and have enough left over for one hell of a big party. :woohoo:

Ohhhhh... I get it now. Pardon me for mistaking you for a critical thinker. I thought you were interested in a discussion of political issues, but what's readily apparent is that you're simply envious that other people have more money than you do.
I mean, we both KNOW that capital gains are taxed several times before any checks are cut, so what else could it be? :eusa_eh:

You know, the REAL difference between leftists and capitalists is that leftists believe there's only so much pie to go around. They think everyone should be guaranteed a little sliver, even though when that sliver is finally passed down by government it arrives as crumbs.
Capitalists, on the other hand... know that we can always make more pie. :tongue:
Whenever CON$ are confronted with facts that explode their brainwashing they go into insult mode as programmed.

We both know that capital gains are never taxed until they are realized, and then for the very first time, so you have reduced yourself to out and out lying. even if you are going to argue that all money has been taxed before as it passed through other hands before it became capital gains in the tycoons hands and therefore is entitled to special tax privilages, the exact same thing could be said for wages and therefore wages deserve the same special tax privilages.

The real difference between the Left and the Right is the Right believes they can make up bullshit about what anyone else THINKS. The Right have anointed themselves as mind-readers.

Insult? Observation? Take it as you will. By process of elimination there's nothing left to conclude but that your stance is nothing more than the same class warfare political strategy that Barack Obama employs.

Investment capital IS taxed twice. It's taxed when the company earns income and it's taxed again when stocks are cashed in. What's more, greedy leftists seem to forget that while it's true that the very wealthy are profiting in higher dollar amounts, they aren't the only ones investing these days. Since the advent of 401ks, IRAs, and other retirement plans, middle America is invested as well with "42 percent of all returns reporting capital gains were from households with incomes below $50,000. Seventy-two percent, or 6.4 million returns, were for households with incomes below $100,000". The elderly, in particularly are "two and a half times as likely to realize capital gains in a given year as are tax filers under the age of sixty-five".
Capital Gains Taxes: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

What they're doing is attempting to rob my retirement account and yours too if it's invested. But what is it that this administration is doing that would make us believe that they're going to behave responsibly with our money? :eusa_eh:

They've REFUSED to make a budget for the past 3+ years. They've increased our national debt to almost 16 Trillion. They won't even look at entitlements, all ahead of schedule on their way to going bust. In fact, they've saddled us with another one which dwarfs the ones we've got, and is already forecast to cost three times as much as they said it would.

You people argue that the government spends our money better than we do, but where's your evidence that it's so? If you could simply unwrap your minds from your slavish devotion to the political class, you'd see the evidence all around you that it doesn't. Obama's foray into socialist wealth redistribution hasn't benefited anyone. And it's not likely to either. You can't honestly think that all the left's sacred cows are going to survive when we're pulling a trillion dollars out of the economy by the end of the decade just to service the debt?

These people DON'T DESERVE one more red cent from any American, no matter how filthy rich that one American might be. Because they've PROVED they can't behave responsibly with it. They fill your heads with talk of infrastructure and use that argument to forward their Robin Hood political games, but when they produced their "stimulus" bill, less than 5% went toward it. What does that tell you??? :eusa_eh:

I'm sorry to say it, but some of you folks need to wise up. This isn't team sports, where we root for whichever jersey we like best. It's not The Red Team vs. The Blue Team. This is the future of our country; it's the future of our children and their children after them. And if you're not using your interest in politics with that in mind, what the hell are you doing?

Sorry bout that,

1. Well we don't have to assume much at all when we say 'Obama is out of touch with reality'.
2. His defenders can strapulate how much the physical aspects of the infrastructure some how and some way gurders anything we as business people have acomplished while they attempt to build a plausable explanation of what Obama was saying, adding a fluff to this, in order to lay thier heads on this stupid pillow. "He said we didn't build that"
3. How many roads did Obama build himself?
4. And tax money always builds the roads, and tax money comes from who else, 'The People', tollways build a lot of roads as well, so those who use those roads pay for them, and bonds, and tax on gasoline from 'The People'.
5. This whole idea that those who start a business don't actually start and build it themselves is total loonacy.
6. Is Obama saying being in business is being apart of some common link or collective, that everyone who starts a business is plugged into, is this; like *The Matrix Movie*?
7. Sorry to break this to you people, but that is untrue, if you start a business you are on your own, no one will be there for you, and the roads won't help you either, they will just be there, as a road, most businesses fail in first year.
8. The only way Obama is correct is when he handed out those trillions of dollars to Solandra and those other failed solar companies, which all that did was waste money, like going fishing and putting on the hook a perfectly eatable fish and casting it in the water. Obama failed or how shall I put it, created a slush fund of untold billions to lean on when he's out of office in November.
9. If you try to defend Obama you are nothing but a *Obamabot*
10. Don't thank me for this, just doing my part to show you how very stoopid Obama really is.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Ohhhhh... I get it now. Pardon me for mistaking you for a critical thinker. I thought you were interested in a discussion of political issues, but what's readily apparent is that you're simply envious that other people have more money than you do.
I mean, we both KNOW that capital gains are taxed several times before any checks are cut, so what else could it be? :eusa_eh:

You know, the REAL difference between leftists and capitalists is that leftists believe there's only so much pie to go around. They think everyone should be guaranteed a little sliver, even though when that sliver is finally passed down by government it arrives as crumbs.
Capitalists, on the other hand... know that we can always make more pie. :tongue:
Whenever CON$ are confronted with facts that explode their brainwashing they go into insult mode as programmed.

We both know that capital gains are never taxed until they are realized, and then for the very first time, so you have reduced yourself to out and out lying. even if you are going to argue that all money has been taxed before as it passed through other hands before it became capital gains in the tycoons hands and therefore is entitled to special tax privilages, the exact same thing could be said for wages and therefore wages deserve the same special tax privilages.

The real difference between the Left and the Right is the Right believes they can make up bullshit about what anyone else THINKS. The Right have anointed themselves as mind-readers.

Insult? Observation? Take it as you will. By process of elimination there's nothing left to conclude but that your stance is nothing more than the same class warfare political strategy that Barack Obama employs.

Investment capital IS taxed twice. It's taxed when the company earns income and it's taxed again when stocks are cashed in. What's more, greedy leftists seem to forget that while it's true that the very wealthy are profiting in higher dollar amounts, they aren't the only ones investing these days. Since the advent of 401ks, IRAs, and other retirement plans, middle America is invested as well with "42 percent of all returns reporting capital gains were from households with incomes below $50,000. Seventy-two percent, or 6.4 million returns, were for households with incomes below $100,000". The elderly, in particularly are "two and a half times as likely to realize capital gains in a given year as are tax filers under the age of sixty-five".
Capital Gains Taxes: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

What they're doing is attempting to rob my retirement account and yours too if it's invested. But what is it that this administration is doing that would make us believe that they're going to behave responsibly with our money? :eusa_eh:

They've REFUSED to make a budget for the past 3+ years. They've increased our national debt to almost 16 Trillion. They won't even look at entitlements, all ahead of schedule on their way to going bust. In fact, they've saddled us with another one which dwarfs the ones we've got, and is already forecast to cost three times as much as they said it would.

You people argue that the government spends our money better than we do, but where's your evidence that it's so? If you could simply unwrap your minds from your slavish devotion to the political class, you'd see the evidence all around you that it doesn't. Obama's foray into socialist wealth redistribution hasn't benefited anyone. And it's not likely to either. You can't honestly think that all the left's sacred cows are going to survive when we're pulling a trillion dollars out of the economy by the end of the decade just to service the debt?

These people DON'T DESERVE one more red cent from any American, no matter how filthy rich that one American might be. Because they've PROVED they can't behave responsibly with it. They fill your heads with talk of infrastructure and use that argument to forward their Robin Hood political games, but when they produced their "stimulus" bill, less than 5% went toward it. What does that tell you??? :eusa_eh:

I'm sorry to say it, but some of you folks need to wise up. This isn't team sports, where we root for whichever jersey we like best. It's not The Red Team vs. The Blue Team. This is the future of our country; it's the future of our children and their children after them. And if you're not using your interest in politics with that in mind, what the hell are you doing?

Thank you, Murfs, I tire of the left and the divisive strategy they employ, they use the rich as the wedge and before it is over they will take from everyone else and claim it isn't their fault. Edthecynic complains about the insults then does his own insulting.

The government for the last several decades has not been responsible and we are in the mess we are in because of it. Again, it matters not which party is in control, they are burdening the people they claim to serve. They gain their power by spending the people's money and we allow it.

We need to cut red tape, we need to cut spending, we need to streamline our government so it better and more efficiently serves the people that elect our leaders.

All the overlapping of government agencies means the government has gotten to big and needs scaled back.

It isn't political affiliation, it is common sense.

Try going through the day doing the rugged individualist thing, accepting no aid, free or paid, from anyone. Can it be done?

Forum List

Back