"You didn't get there on your own"

And how that is pertinent to the topic goes back to the President's remarks that would suggest that nobody who is really rich got there by any means other than with subsidy and help from others.

Because, in order for obammy to implement his utopian country where the ACA is a money makin machine, where rich people and businesses finally ay a fair share (which always means more), where artists don't have to worry about gainful employment, and where unicorns prance in verdant fields of poppies, he is gonna need a shitload mo' money.

The thing is, the taxes Obama wants to impose on the 'super rich' would run the government at most for a few days at the current rate of spending. If he confiscated ALL the wealth of the top 5% of wage earners in the country, it would run the government for maybe a few weeks. Meanwhile, thousands upon thousands of jobs would go away or never be created throwing the country into far deeper deficits for as far as the eye can see.

Obama says the extra revenue would go to paying down the debt. I'll believe that when he says he'll freeze spending. And then really does it. Neither of which I'll be holding my breath for.

Because, in order for obammy to implement his utopian country where the ACA is a money makin machine, where rich people and businesses finally ay a fair share (which always means more), where artists don't have to worry about gainful employment, and where unicorns prance in verdant fields of poppies, he is gonna need a shitload mo' money.

The thing is, the taxes Obama wants to impose on the 'super rich' would run the government at most for a few days at the current rate of spending. If he confiscated ALL the wealth of the top 5% of wage earners in the country, it would run the government for maybe a few weeks. Meanwhile, thousands upon thousands of jobs would go away or never be created throwing the country into far deeper deficits for as far as the eye can see.

Obama says the extra revenue would go to paying down the debt. I'll believe that when he says he'll freeze spending. And then really does it. Neither of which I'll be holding my breath for.

Even if he did that, the 'extra revenue', assuming there would be any, would at most reduce the deficit by a tiny percentage while the debt will continue to accumulate at a rate of more than a trillion dollars a year for as far as the eye can see.

The amount Obama wants to take from the 'rich' would be like you or me paying $10 on a $10,000 credit card bill and then feeling proud of ourselves. And that is assuming that the higher taxes do not diminish the amount of new employment/wages/benefits or other investment that would take money out of the economy elsewhere. The rich did not get rich by just passively accepting losses and doing nothing to offset them.

Last edited:

And Obama...the Democrats still have YET to front a budget for that to even happen.

Even if he did that, the 'extra revenue', assuming there would be any, would at most reduce the defifict by a tiny percentage while the debt will continue to accumulate at a rate of more than a tirllion dollars a year for as far as the eye can see.

The amount Obama wants to take from the 'rich' would be like you or me paying $10 on a $10,000 credit card bull and then feeling proud of ourselves. And that is assuming that the higher taxes do not diminish the amount of new employment/wages/benefits or other investment that would take money out of the economy elsewhere. The rich did not get rich by just passively accepting losses and doing nothing to offset them.

Which is how we know this is nothing but a political game from Team Obama. Well, that and the fact that they could've passed ANYTHING THEY WANTED back in 2009 when Dems had a supermajority, but didn't.

How people get taken in by the likes of Barack Obama I will never understand.

And how that is pertinent to the topic goes back to the President's remarks that would suggest that nobody who is really rich got there by any means other than with subsidy and help from others.
Obama suggested no such thing, you got that from the crap your MessiahRushie filled your "skull full of mush" with.

And Obama...the Democrats still have YET to front a budget for that to even happen.

Yup. Our fearless leader in the Senate, Harry Reid, is on notice he doesn't plan to pass one either. As long as we keep raising the debt ceiling, he says that is the budget and we don't need anything else. And what do you want to bet that the people of Nevada will elect him again.

Even if he did that, the 'extra revenue', assuming there would be any, would at most reduce the defifict by a tiny percentage while the debt will continue to accumulate at a rate of more than a tirllion dollars a year for as far as the eye can see.

The amount Obama wants to take from the 'rich' would be like you or me paying $10 on a $10,000 credit card bull and then feeling proud of ourselves. And that is assuming that the higher taxes do not diminish the amount of new employment/wages/benefits or other investment that would take money out of the economy elsewhere. The rich did not get rich by just passively accepting losses and doing nothing to offset them.

Which is how we know this is nothing but a political game from Team Obama. Well, that and the fact that they could've passed ANYTHING THEY WANTED back in 2009 when Dems had a supermajority, but didn't.

Education and thinking process. Stress education. WE have stupid people voting.

Sure they passed stuff. They passed Obamacare which is a major factor in those things that are crippling the economy. They passed a huge enormous budget busting pork laden appropriations bill and then they said that was the last of George Bush's budget and therefore that was HIS fault. They translated the last half of the TARP funds into President Obama's own personal petty cash fund to be used again and again to pay off his cronies. And they passed a stimulus bill totaling more than the U.S. government should be spending for everything, and that has produced almost none of the benefits that it was supposed to produce. And we are facing trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see.

But by gosh government is apparently the only reason Mr. Foxfyre and I were able to start and operate a profitable business and therefore we should be groveling in gratitude. Fearless leader himself provided us with all that apparently, though I seem to recall paying a shitload in taxes in the process and don't recall anybody giving us a dime that we didn't earn. Nor did we work for or get paid by the government at any time.

People who buy into Obama's lines have likely never in their lives started up and run a business in the private sector. They honestly believe as Obama does that the people are incapable of governing themselves and must have a a nanny state to take care of them. And they are too ignorant to wrap their minds around a concept of how much a trillion dollar deficit really is.

Last edited:
I

Well, I do think we've got an education problem in this country. We're not really developing critical thinking skills. It's just a matter of connecting the dots here. Obama's rhetoric doesn't match his deeds. If the salvaging of our economy really was raising taxes on the so-called "rich"... why didn't he do that when he had ample opportunity to do so? :eusa_eh:
Further, math doesn't lie. We all know that he could confiscate ALL of the wealth from people making over $250,000 per year and not cover current spending. He knows that the top 20% of earners are paying 94% of the income tax.

So, he's LYING to the American people. He's LYING to his own supporters. And they're still unaccountably supporting him. It's astounding.

Yup. Our fearless leader in the Senate, Harry Reid, is on notice he doesn't plan to pass one either. As long as we keep raising the debt ceiling, he says that is the budget and we don't need anything else. And what do you want to bet that the people of Nevada will elect him again.

Reid and OBAMA..(and the rest of the left) including the FED RESERVE know Austerity is coming. WHY are they trying to stave off the enevitable?

EASY. To keep thier guy in office.

The flood is coming. Republicans (Paul RYAN), and others have crafted plans that have been voted upon in the House, and passed that Reid has shelved...and all for what? To BLAME the Republicans that aren't in power?

THIS is going to smack the Deomcrat/Statists in the face...in short order.

Sure they passed stuff. They passed Obamacare which is a major factor in those things that are crippling the economy. They passed a huge enormous budget busting pork laden appropriations bill and then they said that was the last of George Bush's budget and therefore that was HIS fault. They translated the last half of the TARP funds into President Obama's own personal petty cash fund to be used again and again to pay off his cronies. And they passed a stimulus bill totaling more than the U.S. government should be spending for everything, and that has produced almost none of the benefits that it was supposed to produce. And we are facing trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see.

But by gosh government is apparently the only reason Mr. Foxfyre and I were able to start and operate a profitable business and therefore we should be groveling in gratitude. Fearless leader himself provided us with all that apparently, though I seem to recall paying a shitload in taxes in the process and don't recall anybody giving us a dime that we didn't earn. Nor did we work for or get paid by the government at any time.

People who buy into Obama's lines have likely never in their lives started up and run a business in the private sector. They honestly believe as Obama does that the people are incapable of governing themselves and must have a a nanny state to take care of them. And they are too ignorant to wrap their minds around a concept of how much a trillion dollar deficit really is.

Yeah, you're right. They DID pass some stuff. Seems to me the question his supporters should be asking right about now is "why didn't he tax the rich while he was doing it?" We couldn't have stopped him, no more than we could stop all that other crap they passed.

Because if they had taxed the rich then, THEY would have been blamed for raising taxes. Now they can blame the Republicans for a) raising taxes or b) stubbornly refusing to do so. It's a win win for them either way.

Because if they had taxed the rich then, THEY would have been blamed for raising taxes. Now they can blame the Republicans for a) raising taxes or b) stubbornly refusing to do so. It's a win win for them either way.

Exactly. It was NEVER about the taxes. It was ALWAYS about the politics.

I think you should have to take a test to vote.
I can see what Obamabots answers to these questions would be:

How many states are there - 57
What language do they speak in Austria - Austrian
If you have asthma what do you use - A breathilizer
What is the greatest threat to America today - Fox News
What is the second greatest threat - The Tea Party
What is your goal in life - To collect unemployment
Is the Daily Show real news - Absolutely
Is Barack Obama honest - No, but does it matter?

^

QED

lol

I think you should have to take a test to vote.
I can see what Obamabots answers to these questions would be:

How many states are there - 57
What language do they speak in Austria - Austrian
If you have asthma what do you use - A breathilizer
What is the greatest threat to America today - Fox News
What is the second greatest threat - The Tea Party
What is your goal in life - To collect unemployment
Is the Daily Show real news - Absolutely
Is Barack Obama honest - No, but does it matter?

Maybe we should have to own property too?

And now we see the true agenda, problem is idiots like this poster will soon no longer own property when his owners, the oligarchs, take it all

idiot

DailyKOS hasn't programmed you with an argument against requiring property to vote?

The argument in favor is that of "Stake Holders." Those who own property have a stake in the nation, those who don't, don't.

See if you can wrap both your IQ points around that concept.

Forum List

Back