"You didn't get there on your own"

Eddy, several other rw''s have already told this lie. Why don't you check out those threads.

Or, just for fun, try telling the friggin truth for a change.

of course if not the truth why are you so afraid to point out your best example? What does your fear tell you about liberalism, your character and IQ?

They all took roads and bridges and had teachers. So then, that is an argument that we should steal money from all of them??

How does BO make it into an argument that government should just steal from the rich??

EdwardBaiamonte & friends
Peasants-for-Plutocracy-e1338394151735.jpg

"There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

"The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

"So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the G.I. Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President -- because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together."
President Obama

Last edited:
What obama was clearly saying is that no matter how smart you are, how hard you work or how much you sacrifice, the government GAVE you everything you have an now you OWE the government. After all, didn't the government LET you be smart, work hard and sacrifice?

Obama was NOT clearly saying this. You are reading a whole lot into this that is not there to feed your own perceptions of Obama.

Success in life is a combination of opportunity and hard work.

Isn't it amazing how everyone in the country EXCEPT for Obama's most ardent worshippers is coincidentally "reading into this" the EXACT SAME "whole lot"? It's almost like that's actually what his words meant, and you dipshits are just desperately trying to spin it away, or something. :eusa_think:

Face it, Sparkles. When everyone's heard the quote, and THEN heard the allegedly "mitigating" full quote and context, and THEN heard the frantic explanations, and STILL thinks that's what the guy said . . . that's what he really said. Deal with it.

First you and other conservatives read heavily into a statement made by President Obama. There is a large difference between you did not get there entirely on your own and you owe everything to big government. Then you assume I am an ardent Obama worshipper, which I am not. Then you call me a dipshit and sparkles (whatever that is). It appears you are the queen of strawman an ad hominem arguments.

As far as spin goes, reading into Obama comments constitutes spin. You appear to be living in a conservative fantasy world where our president is an evil charlatan supported by irrational liberal followers who are attempting to subvert the American way of life. Well at least you have lots of company on this board. Welcome to prozac nation.

Hey, if you take the factoral of the numeric representation of the letters in Obama's last name, divide by 4716 and add 23, the result in 666. Proof positive that Obama is the anti-Christ, hell-bent on the destruction of America.

Sorry Buckwheat, but O'Bummer said it, we ALL heard it and those of us with more than 2 operative brain cells clearly got the message. Of course, when you hear the cheers in the crowd he's addressing you realize that they got THEIR message, too.

MORE FREE SHIT!!!

My response to this:

"(1)If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. (2)Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. (3) If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen."
President Obama

1:That's actually true in many cases, but a person can have many great people in their life but it's still up to the individual to follow through and make themselves a success.

2: Yes, WE THE PEOPLE MADE THAT HAPPEN!

3: That's complete BULLSHIT, the success or failure of a business depends on the INDIVIDUAL owner, their employees, the customers, the economy, and the state of that particular market. Ultimately, it's the principles of the business that primarily determine the course of the business.

My response to this:

"(1)If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. (2)Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. (3) If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen."
President Obama

1:That's actually true in many cases, but a person can have many great people in their life but it's still up to the individual to follow through and make themselves a success.

3: That's complete BULLSHIT, the success or failure of a business depends on the INDIVIDUAL owner, their employees, the customers, the economy, and the state of that particular market. Ultimately, it's the principles of the business that primarily determine the course of the business.

but you didn't address the OP which was that the argument can be extended to the poor and middle class!!!

Sorry Buckwheat, but O'Bummer said it, we ALL heard it and those of us with more than 2 operative brain cells clearly got the message. Of course, when you hear the cheers in the crowd he's addressing you realize that they got THEIR message, too.

MORE FREE SHIT!!!

Really? That is what you got out of the video?
Talk about bullshit....

My response to this:

President Obama

but you didn't address the OP which was that the argument can be extended to the poor and middle class!!!

You don't think that the three things above can extend to most demographics with the replacement of a few words?

My response to this:

President Obama

You don't think that the three things above can extend to most demographics with the replacement of a few words?

See those bolded words?

Youre expecting Little Eddie to THINK. Thats your problem right there.

My response to this:

President Obama

yes I think they can be merged, but do you? If so should they be merged?

See those bolded words?

Youre expecting Little Eddie to THINK. Thats your problem right there.

so then you agree with OP that what BO said should apply to rich poor middle???

They all took roads and bridges and had teachers. So then, that is an argument that we should steal money from all of them??

How does BO make it into an argument that government should just steal from the rich??

No one’s ever made an ‘argument’ the government should ‘steal’ from the rich.

Everyone benefits from the contributions of others, including that which citizens contribute to government.

All private businesses, large and small, benefit from the services provided by government; both the individual citizen and the corporate citizen benefit.

Your other thread on this was merged, so you start yet another one? Blatantly defying the mods on the board?

Now youre a spammer.

why merged if the arguments are 100% different??

Forum List

Back