You Go! Lakotas

Translation: We'll fight the pipeline until we reach a settlement. We would like our settlement in American dollars, please.

Mark

We'll see.. Maybe like the capitalists, they'll take the money and un-make the pipeline anyway just after the ink dries. They're learning from their oppressors. What?! Breaking an agreement? ... :lmao:

Marvelous hunters they were "before horses" introduced by the BAD EVIL WHITE MAN!!!
Sometimes the tribe forced a herd to buffalo jump." Most animals died in the fall.

Never said they were perfect angels. They were just here first. They held to the treaties. The capitalists didn't and still don't.
AND I never said the WHITE man was perfect either... but being part indian as I am, I am a realist!
If the "evil white man" had never come to America I and my ancestors would NOT have an average life span of 60 years as it is today!
Average life span of the Lakota in the 1800s was about 30 years old!
Yes there were the exceptional bad deeds of the "evil white man".. BUT you tell me .. would you like to go back to a time when you communicated with smoke signals versus the "evil white man's " internet??
My major problem with people like your ilk is you take the EXCEPTIONS and make it sound like the RULE. I.e. you make situations that were NOT common but exceptional and blow out of proportion. I could tell you about my great-great-great-great grandfather who was captured by the Indians in Ohio after they scalped his mother and held him captive for 20 years and make that sound like the RULE rather then an exception BECAUSE my great-great-great-great grandfather after being recused by his brother 20 years later died with indian accoutrements i.e. earring, long hair, etc.. that is he adopted the indian manners after growing up an indian. Do we has his family members resent that? Hell no! But do we make that an indictment against ALL indians... Hell no!
So divorce this concept of the "EVIL White man" from the discussion because without the "evil white man" many Lakotas wouldn't be working today in the Dakota oil fields!
Oh and as far as the Ogallala damages...
have an EXPERT Hydrologist with 40 years studying Ogallala opinion one I far more respect then any laymen's opinion!

"Hydrology is the study of the movement, distribution, and quality of water on Earth and other planets, including the hydrologic cycle, water resources and environmental watershed sustainability."
James Goeke an expert i.e. HYDROLOGIST who LIVES in the Ogallala Aquifer area.
Mr. Goeke said...“A lot of people in the debate about the pipeline talk about how leakage would foul the water and ruin the entire water supply in the state of Nebraska and that’s just a false,” he said.
His explanation is simple. Seventy-five to 80 percent of the aquifer lies west of the proposed pipeline route.
This was 1970 and James Goeke had just joined the team at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Conservation and Survey Division where he still works as a hydrologist. He never would have guessed it, but someday he would own a chunk of western Nebraska and cherish it as much as any person could. Scattered around the state are close to 6,000 holes each about 5 inches in diameter drilled to the base of the Ogallala Aquifer. During the 1970s, Goeke drilled about 1,000 of those holes in the deepest part of the aquifer.
He said TransCanada could answer every question and was honest and forthcoming. That didn’t immediately quiet all his reluctance, so he continued his research until he came to a conclusion: The Keystone XL pipeline is not a serious threat to the Ogallala Aquifer.

Here's a Canadian in Southern Ontario, using an imperfect solar cooker based on the same theory roughly as the power plants. It's January, and 19 degrees F. The angle of the sun is extremely low.

who cares. If that's what they want to use then that's their choice, right? If people want to use oil that should be THEIR choice also, RIGHT?

Marvelous hunters they were "before horses" introduced by the BAD EVIL WHITE MAN!!!
Sometimes the tribe forced a herd to buffalo jump." Most animals died in the fall.

Never said they were perfect angels. They were just here first. They held to the treaties. The capitalists didn't and still don't.
AND I never said the WHITE man was perfect either... but being part indian as I am, I am a realist!
If the "evil white man" had never come to America I and my ancestors would NOT have an average life span of 60 years as it is today!
Average life span of the Lakota in the 1800s was about 30 years old!
Yes there were the exceptional bad deeds of the "evil white man".. BUT you tell me .. would you like to go back to a time when you communicated with smoke signals versus the "evil white man's " internet??
My major problem with people like your ilk is you take the EXCEPTIONS and make it sound like the RULE. I.e. you make situations that were NOT common but exceptional and blow out of proportion. I could tell you about my great-great-great-great grandfather who was captured by the Indians in Ohio after they scalped his mother and held him captive for 20 years and make that sound like the RULE rather then an exception BECAUSE my great-great-great-great grandfather after being recused by his brother 20 years later died with indian accoutrements i.e. earring, long hair, etc.. that is he adopted the indian manners after growing up an indian. Do we has his family members resent that? Hell no! But do we make that an indictment against ALL indians... Hell no!
So divorce this concept of the "EVIL White man" from the discussion because without the "evil white man" many Lakotas wouldn't be working today in the Dakota oil fields!
Oh and as far as the Ogallala damages...
have an EXPERT Hydrologist with 40 years studying Ogallala opinion one I far more respect then any laymen's opinion!

"Hydrology is the study of the movement, distribution, and quality of water on Earth and other planets, including the hydrologic cycle, water resources and environmental watershed sustainability."
James Goeke an expert i.e. HYDROLOGIST who LIVES in the Ogallala Aquifer area.
Mr. Goeke said...“A lot of people in the debate about the pipeline talk about how leakage would foul the water and ruin the entire water supply in the state of Nebraska and that’s just a false,” he said.
His explanation is simple. Seventy-five to 80 percent of the aquifer lies west of the proposed pipeline route.
This was 1970 and James Goeke had just joined the team at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Conservation and Survey Division where he still works as a hydrologist. He never would have guessed it, but someday he would own a chunk of western Nebraska and cherish it as much as any person could. Scattered around the state are close to 6,000 holes each about 5 inches in diameter drilled to the base of the Ogallala Aquifer. During the 1970s, Goeke drilled about 1,000 of those holes in the deepest part of the aquifer.
He said TransCanada could answer every question and was honest and forthcoming. That didn’t immediately quiet all his reluctance, so he continued his research until he came to a conclusion: The Keystone XL pipeline is not a serious threat to the Ogallala Aquifer.

In addition to the above scientific facts, acording to Obama's State Department the pipeline would reduce the environmental impact over the present rail and truck transportion by 42%. I would be considerably safer by eliminating derailments and truck accidents that not only result in oil spills, and sometimes fatal explosions and fires.
You don't expect Obama and his followers to believe in science do you?

Translation: We'll fight the pipeline until we reach a settlement. We would like our settlement in American dollars, please.

Mark

We'll see.. Maybe like the capitalists, they'll take the money and un-make the pipeline anyway just after the ink dries. They're learning from their oppressors. What?! Breaking an agreement? ... :lmao:

If you have something against "capitalist" then you should living in a cave, burning elephant dung to heat it

Here's how to make a ton of money using a fraction of the costs of a pipeline in just lobbying money... This ain't your grandma's solar energy. Nor is it the same as Solyndra's inefficient (designed that way on purpose to fail and make solar thermal look bad..courtesy of you know who...) circular 1,000 miles away from the boiler joke design.. This is LINEAR near-source solar thermal. You can improve efficiency if each mirror was concave/parabolic. I think they just don't want to fry the boiler tube.

Increases in boiler tube resistance to harm from the heat source like a cutting torch, might really increase the efficiency of this system to unbelievable amounts of power in a smaller area..

I read somewhere that they were only getting about 50% of the efficiency because of cloudy skies and were having to use a lot more natural gas to heat the water. Of course they only work during a bright sunny day, and not at all from sunset to sunrise without using natural gas that probably came from fracking.

Yeeeeeeaaaah, the reality of solar is not what you would have us believe. Wherever solar is scaled up it fails. I love solar for off grid homes and in that arena it works pretty well. But scaled up as a power source for a fossil fuel powered grid it simply falls apart.

"Whether scorched birds are a major issue at the Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System in California is a matter of dispute. But the “power tower” solar plant and its owners -- NRG Energy, Google and BrightSource Energy -- might have an even more fundamental problem on their hands: generating adequate electricity.
The Mojave Desert plant, built with the aid of a $1.6 billion federal loan guarantee, kicked off commercial operation at the tail end of December 2013, and for the eight-month period from January through August, its three units generated 254,263 megawatt-hours of electricity, according to U.S. Energy Information Administration data. That’s roughly one-quarter of the annual 1 million-plus megawatt-hours that had been anticipated."

More Problems for CSP Ivanpah Solar Plant Falling Short of Expected Electricity Production Greentech Media

I recently traveled south, through Wyoming, Colorado through Arizona and over to San Diego. Those damned wind turbines are everywhere. They are a blight on what was once a beautiful landscape. Absolutely horrible to look at.

Well a coal firing power plant isn't exactly picturesque either. We should be using every arrow in the quiver when it comes to our energy independence. That includes building more nuclear power plants, cleaner coal plants, solar, wind, natural gas, geothermal structures, and yes, pipelines as well.

My Grandparents lived in the hills of Kentucky - I KNOW what coal plants look like. I also KNOW that tens of thousands of folks RELY on those coal plants and those mines for their very lives. Yet, this clown in Washington wants them - and their livelihoods taken from them.

Here's my take on this bullshit. When we can enforce the same laws in China, India and Russia that we are trying to extort from Americans - THEN and only THEN can we talk about it. Until then? DRILL BABY DRILL!!!

Yeeeeeeaaaah, the reality of solar is not what you would have us believe. Wherever solar is scaled up it fails. I love solar for off grid homes and in that arena it works pretty well. But scaled up as a power source for a fossil fuel powered grid it simply falls apart.

"Whether scorched birds are a major issue at the Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System in California is a matter of dispute. But the “power tower” solar plant and its owners -- NRG Energy, Google and BrightSource Energy -- might have an even more fundamental problem on their hands: generating adequate electricity.
The Mojave Desert plant, built with the aid of a $1.6 billion federal loan guarantee, kicked off commercial operation at the tail end of December 2013, and for the eight-month period from January through August, its three units generated 254,263 megawatt-hours of electricity, according to U.S. Energy Information Administration data. That’s roughly one-quarter of the annual 1 million-plus megawatt-hours that had been anticipated."

More Problems for CSP Ivanpah Solar Plant Falling Short of Expected Electricity Production Greentech Media

I recently traveled south, through Wyoming, Colorado through Arizona and over to San Diego. Those damned wind turbines are everywhere. They are a blight on what was once a beautiful landscape. Absolutely horrible to look at.

Well a coal firing power plant isn't exactly picturesque either. We should be using every arrow in the quiver when it comes to our energy independence. That includes building more nuclear power plants, cleaner coal plants, solar, wind, natural gas, geothermal structures, and yes, pipelines as well.

My Grandparents lived in the hills of Kentucky - I KNOW what coal plants look like. I also KNOW that tens of thousands of folks RELY on those coal plants and those mines for their very lives. Yet, this clown in Washington wants them - and their livelihoods taken from them.

Here's my take on this bullshit. When we can enforce the same laws in China, India and Russia that we are trying to extort from Americans - THEN and only THEN can we talk about it. Until then? DRILL BABY DRILL!!!

I am from Western PA. Coal, steel, and glass production runs deep in family's blood and most of their livelihoods are connected to these industries. I am very sympathetic to their plight.

Sadly, coal's decline has been felt the hardest in Kentucky. There are a combination of factors contributing to Eastern KY's plight and yes some of them are based on EPA regulations. Here is I story I recall and it sheds some light on the complexities of the issue.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304337404579212262280342336

Last edited:
If you have something against "capitalist" then you should living in a cave, burning elephant dung to heat it

I have a problem with malignant capitalists. Regular capitalism with a moral code towards one's fellows and a check on personal insatiable greed for its own sake I have no trouble with at all.

Besides, you'd have to buy that elephant dung from someone else. Better to live in a cave with a solar thermal or sterling power generator. Then you wouldn't have to buy your energy from anyone.. *wink*...

I still say the smudge companies should spend a fraction of the pipeline money lobbying to hold a monopoly on solar thermal cogenerating plants so they can double their profits by charging the same rates while using less fuel for a number of years, then phase over to other fiscal ventures. Capitalism doesn't have to be so slavish to one industry that is being phased out. Smart capitalists (one's without malignancy) know where the markets are heading and get there first. Stupid ones insist on spending truckloads of money to convince people that the horse and buggy are still the way to go.. They spend their outdated crumbling enterprises into dust while young and new capitalists kick their ass in the marketplace.

So I'm against

1. Malignant capitalism

2. Recalcitrant capitalism and

3. Stupid capitalism..

I am from Western PA. Coal, steel, and glass production runs deep in family's blood and most of their livelihoods are connected to these industries. I am very sympathetic to their plight.

Sadly, coal's decline has been felt the hardest in Kentucky. There are a combination of factors contributing to Eastern KY's plight and yes some of them are based on EPA regulations. Here I story I recall and it sheds some light on the complexities of the issue.

This is the primary reason that Grimes was defeated so easily in Kentucky by McConnell. The people of Kentucky knew full well that she supported Obama's regulations against the coal industry (even though she outright lied). Five minutes after the polls closed - she had already experienced an ass whipping.

Sadly, coal's decline has been felt the hardest in Kentucky. There are a combination of factors contributing to Eastern KY's plight and yes some of them are based on EPA regulations. Here I story I recall and it sheds some light on the complexities of the issue.

This is the primary reason that Grimes was defeated so easily in Kentucky by McConnell. The people of Kentucky knew full well that she supported Obama's regulations against the coal industry (even though she outright lied). Five minutes after the polls closed - she had already experienced an ass whipping.

It was a factor no doubt. Whether it was the primary factor or not, I can't say. I didn't follow the race very closely because I knew Grimes was never a serious threat to McConnell. You can't win statewide office in KY without being an avid and devout supporter of the coal industry.

Buffalo of South Dakota Unit 3 Lesson 2

View attachment 34174

What do you think they did with the buffalos after they killed them? Do you think they stuffed their heads and hung them on the inside of their teepees, like trophies?
Sit down and STFU.

Answer this question while you're doing it: What happened to the buffalo herds AFTER the white man arrived?

View attachment 34174

What do you think they did with the buffalos after they killed them? Do you think they stuffed their heads and hung them on the inside of their teepees, like trophies?
Sit down and STFU.

Answer this question while you're doing it: What happened to the buffalo herds AFTER the white man arrived?

So it was OK to massacre thousands of buffalos for a few dozen that they might eat?
OH.. and here is the ANSWER to your question!!
By the way ever heard of the Internet? You can get answers to your questions like the above... I've cited the link below for your convenience...
The decline of the buffalo is largely a nineteenth-century story. The size of the herds was affected by predation (by humans and wolves), disease, fires, climate, competition from horses, the market, and other factors. Fires often swept the grasslands, sometimes maiming and killing buffaloes. Millions of horses in Indian herds competed for grasses. Drought was perhaps most significant; severe prior to the fifteenth century, and episodic in the eighteenth, it might have been worst at the very moment when other pressures converged in the early years of the decades from 1840 to 1880.
Today, one hundred years later, the buffalo has returned from the brink of extinction to roam the grasslands again in Yellowstone and beyond.
Feared by farmers for diseases like brucellosis that they might carry to cattle herds, their fate beyond Yellowstone is uncertain, although Indian people have joined forces in a cooperative effort to save animals wandering from Yellowstone from the rifle, and to raise viable herds of this formerly vital, and currently deeply symbolic, animal.
Yet it is no coincidence that in today's changing economy, when many Indians talk of the return of the buffalo, they mean not the animal but casinos.
Buffalo Tales The Near-Extermination of the American Bison Native Americans and the Land Nature Transformed TeacherServe National Humanities Center

View attachment 34174

Sit down and STFU.

What most ignorant progressives don't understand (no surprise there) is that the buffalo slaughter was a tactic used in the Indian Wars to drive the Indians into the reservations. A completely despicable act but which had nothing to do with "capitalism". Further the buffalo owe their very existence to a buffalo hunter! I can't remember his name at the moment but all the buffalo left in the world are descended from the small group he saved.

And one other thing, the Indians favorite method of killing buffalo was to drive a stampede over a cliff so that they were easy pickings on the bottom.

Back to the actual topic..

I wonder how often this story will be repeated here until it's learned that the pipeline doesn't got through their lands?
Would the spill runoffs run into their lands from adjacent lands if there was an accident?

Then yes, this involves their lands.. If a benzene taint could make it into their waters from upstream, this involves them. You betcha..

Thanks Indians. Let them pollute the oceans with fragile oil tankers instead of building safer pipelines. Meanwhile keep building all those energy eating gambling casinos to pick the pockets of the evil white man.

how does that oil get to China from Houston ? Carrier Pigeon?

you idiot.

I think a great compromise would be to use scrubbed coal plants in tandem with solar thermal at least for energy production. Why should we feed China's addiction to fossil fuels? They have sunshine in China too. Let them learn to use it fer crissakes..

Isn't Obama that wonderful great UNITER?

Black people are rioting, looting and threatening people in the country. He's got the Illegal immigrants ready to do the same. And now we have the Indians ready to make war on us...

You go you UNITER.

View attachment 34174

Sit down and STFU.

Further the buffalo owe their very existence to a buffalo hunter!

the Buffalo were hunted to near extinction ... hell of a way to be saved. If it wasn't for a human there would be NO Buffalo today !! somehow that isn't very impressive.

What most ignorant progressives don't understand (no surprise there) is that the buffalo slaughter was a tactic used in the Indian Wars to drive the Indians into the reservations. A completely despicable act but which had nothing to do with "capitalism". Further the buffalo owe their very existence to a buffalo hunter! I can't remember his name at the moment but all the buffalo left in the world are descended from the small group he saved.

And one other thing, the Indians favorite method of killing buffalo was to drive a stampede over a cliff so that they were easy pickings on the bottom.

I wonder how often this story will be repeated here until it's learned that the pipeline doesn't got through their lands?
It does go through their lands. You are just looking at a crappy map that only includes the main body of the reservation and doesn't show the segmented portions in the northeast sector. These are referenced as "Trust Lands" and are various sized parcels surrounded by other public lands and private property, but included in the designated 1910 border determination and treaty.

Forum List

Back