2020s The Decade of the Electric Cars

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
If the Tesla Model 3 (the $35k electric car) takes off, then the 2020s will be the decade of the electric car. The Model 3 is set to hit the market later this year and already has 700k pre-orders. If it truly remains at $35k, then the next models will be in the $20k. At will officially make them mainstream. I see advance set in fueling from 30-60 mins to 5-6 mins. I see ranges going from 200 miles to 500-600 miles.

By 2025 half of all new car purchases will be electric. By 2030, the gas engine will go the way of the typewriter.

Conservatives and liberal alike should cheer at the oil nations downfall: Russia, Venezuela, the Middle East etc.

The 2020s Could Be the Decade When Electric Cars Take Over

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It makes no sense to have electric cars.

There is not enough electricity to run them.

And converting gasoline and other petroleum products into electricity is not efficient.

And converting gasoline and other petroleum products into electricity is not efficient.

Your kidding right? Stationary power plants are far more efficient than mobile systems.

What is more efficient a power plant providing electricity for electric cars or gasoline powered cars? - Quora

Would we need additional power plants to meet the demand? Absolutely, but they wouldn't be a problem.

Not efficient enough? That's why, despite the GOP's best efforts, we have scientists and engineers making it more efficient. And it will get there. 10 years ago the electric car industry did not exist. Now it's starting to compete.

Your kidding right? Stationary power plants are far more efficient than mobile systems.

What is more efficient a power plant providing electricity for electric cars or gasoline powered cars? - Quora

Would we need additional power plants to meet the demand? Absolutely, but they wouldn't be a problem.

Would't be a problem? In some places it's a problem now without the electric cars. Where I live, they warn people to take it easy on their AC in the summer when it gets hot and humid so we don't have rolling blackouts. And what do you think will happen to our electric bills when companies invest hundreds of millions of dollars for those new plants?

Not efficient enough? That's why, despite the GOP's best efforts, we have scientists and engineers making it more efficient. And it will get there. 10 years ago the electric car industry did not exist. Now it's starting to compete.

Always a partisan hack. It didn't work because the technology was there. It had nothing to do with the GOP!

Would't be a problem? In some places it's a problem now without the electric cars. Where I live, they warn people to take it easy on their AC in the summer when it gets hot and humid so we don't have rolling blackouts. And what do you think will happen to our electric bills when companies invest hundreds of millions of dollars for those new plants?

Good point. I am sure it will go up, but your gas bill will be eliminated

If the Tesla Model 3 (the $35k electric car) takes off, then the 2020s will be the decade of the electric car. The Model 3 is set to hit the market later this year and already has 700k pre-orders. If it truly remains at $35k, then the next models will be in the $20k. At will officially make them mainstream. I see advance set in fueling from 30-60 mins to 5-6 mins. I see ranges going from 200 miles to 500-600 miles.

By 2025 half of all new car purchases will be electric. By 2030, the gas engine will go the way of the typewriter.

Conservatives and liberal alike should cheer at the oil nations downfall: Russia, Venezuela, the Middle East etc.

Investors see the value of Tesla skyrocketing to hundreds of billions of dollars in the next 5+ years. Eclipsing all other auto manufacturers. They just announced an electric truck.

Oil companies are still digging in the dirt for whatever scraps they can find.

Elon Musk is taking humanity into a bright future.

Investors see the value of Tesla skyrocketing to hundreds of billions of dollars in the next 5+ years. Eclipsing all other auto manufacturers. They just announced an electric truck.

I don't know what kind of truck you're talking about, but as a professional truck driver, I can tell you that's not happening in our lifetime anytime soon. Pickup trucks or something, yes, that's possible.

Over my dead pickup trucks another reason why I will not get rid of my 91 Chevy dually

IMG_20170413_065157.jpg

Good point. I am sure it will go up, but your gas bill will be eliminated

I'm not talking about increases just because you are using more electricity, I'm talking about KWH rates.

I drive a Toyota Camry. I fill up once every two weeks; usually about 14 gallons. I go a long way getting (on average) 30 mpg. So I spend (currently) about 30 bucks every two weeks. I can't imagine an electric car costing me that little.

The US is an oil country too.

That electric truck sucks and never would compare to my new F150

IMG_20170408_151739.jpg

View attachment 121641

Especially if you are towing a boat or work trailer or something. That might be a little tough to do.

View attachment 121641

Especially if you are towing a boat or work trailer or something. That might be a little tough to do.

It's like comparing gas forklifts with electric ones I used both over the past 30 years I would never Hop on an electric one if a gas one is sitting right next to it.

Teslas are a joke...

View attachment 121641

It's like comparing gas forklifts with electric ones I used both over the past 30 years I would never Hop on an electric one if a gas one is sitting right next to it.

Those electric ones are fun, especially when you have a load you really need to take slow, and you are on an incline when that thing kicks into high gear. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Not quite true. Oil company's are tapping more and more oil reserves. Petroleum isn't just used for fuel it is in most of the household products we use everyday. If gas gets replaced petroleum still has a use.

A partial list of products made from petroleum

I don't know what kind of truck you're talking about, but as a professional truck driver, I can tell you that's not happening in our lifetime anytime soon. Pickup trucks or something, yes, that's possible.

Semi trucks are rather large and could hold a very large battery. What if a trucker could drive 600 miles before recharge? Then they recharge at the truck stops where they usually stop to rest? It will be a reality in the 2020s

I hate to say this to you, but think about another profession before it is too late. With in 5 yrs you are going to see driverless cars. Taxis and uber drivers will go first, but trucker won't be long.

Forum List

Back