58% say Biden should tell prosecutors to back off Trump. What say you?

Biden should tell prosecutors to back off Trump

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
DOJ works for the US AG. Although the US AG is appointed by the president, the DOJ is independent from the president, meaning it doesnt take orders from the president. Its known as delegation of authority. The US AG is not the president's personal lawyer; this person is a lawyer for all citizens.

And... if the president does try to order the DOJ or the US AG, then its a violation of this independence of federal agencies.
Hahah no! It never stops amazing me idiots come to a US politics forum and don’t know basic civics

The AG is literally a cabinet position.

The power of the executive vest in A President

Not some unelected lawyers at the DOJ

Last edited:
DOJ works for the US AG. Although the US AG is appointed by the president, the DOJ is independent from the president, meaning it doesnt take orders from the president. Its known as delegation of authority. The US AG is not the president's personal lawyer; this person is a lawyer for all citizens.

And... if the president does try to order the DOJ or the US AG, then its a violation of this independence of federal agencies.
The President appoints the AG and the Director of the FBI. He is directly and 100% responsible for what conduct is acceptable from both of them and can fire either or both of them at will. There is no constitutional or other legal barrier between the President's office and the DOJ. Those who suggest the President is not allowed to interact in any way with the DOJ is simply seriously misinformed and/or trying to protect the President from a really bad DOJ and/or bad orders given the DOJ.

Last edited:
Well according to our straw poll here, so far it appears the leftists significantly outnumber those on the right (and in my opinion IN the right.) That is disheartening.

A good example of the worthlessness of your posts.
For fucks sake, you are dumb as a fucking post. I answered the question. One and done. I want the orange bag O' shit tried post haste. If they get a conviction, splendid. Then they can carve out a pound of his flesh, whatever. Maybe he'll even die penniless.

But no more negotiations. No deals. No delays. No quarter. Full steam ahead. Do you get it now, or do I need to draw you a picture, smooth brain?

RETARD Biden knows the only way he will win is if he gets Trump jailed. Biden is too shitty of a President for anyone with testicles to vote for the lame idiot. :p

Well according to our straw poll here, so far it appears the leftists significantly outnumber those on the right (and in my opinion IN the right.) That is disheartening.

Your poor assumption is that the poll answers would steictly all along political lines. Clearly this is false, and there are right wingers who believe trump should be prosecuted. As national polling shows.

Your own partisanship is handicapping you.

The President appoints the AG and the Director of the FBI. He is directly and 100% responsible for what conduct is acceptable from both of them and can fire either or both of them at will. There is no constitutional or other legal barrier between the President's office and the DOJ. Those who suggest the President is not allowed to interact in any way with the DOJ is simply seriously misinformed and/or trying to protect the President from a really bad DOJ and/or bad orders given the DOJ.
A politician interfering in prosecutorial decisions is extremely unethical and would not be tolerated by prosecutors in the DoJ.

A politician interfering in prosecutorial decisions is extremely unethical and would not be tolerated by prosecutors in the DoJ.
Well any politician…sure but not one elected to in fact do that, such as a president, or in some states DAs that are elected etc

An ethical and responsible president would not get in the way of fully formed and justified criminal prosecutions of a private citizen.

Fixed.
An ethical and responsible president would not allow our justice system to become a partisan weapon designed to remove his competition from the ballot.

Well any politician…sure but not one elected to in fact do that, such as a president, or in some states DAs that are elected etc
We don’t elect presidents to do that.

Or at least we didn’t. MAGA wanted to, but they really don’t care about morals and ethics.

An ethical and responsible president would not allow our justice system to become a partisan weapon designed to remove his competition from the ballot.
You prevent politicization of the DoJ by keeping the politicians out of the DoJ.

That’s what we are doing.

Sorry, normal adults who are not in a cult don't recognize these squealing cult fantasies.

Bad news for your favorite orange pile of shit: neither do the courts

We don’t elect presidents to do that.

Or at least we didn’t. MAGA wanted to, but they really don’t care about morals and ethics.
Of course we do, the power of the executive vest in A President

art 2 section 1

What do you think a president does?

LOL so you don't think they were listening when their boss said "I thought, what data was in there that may compromise sources and methods? And by that, I mean, names of people who help etc., and it's just totally irresponsible."

Or when their boss said "For the first time in our history, a president had not just lost an election, he tried to prevent the peaceful transfer of power as a violent mob breached the Capitol."

Forum List

Back