70% of conservatives would join a Tump-led third party.

.f.

The "middle"? You mean like the seven RINOs who stabbed conservatives in the back? No thank you.
It's likely I hate Mitch more than you do. Mitch isn't the middle I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the things the DNC ***USED*** to stand for.

No foreign wars. Stay the fuck out of other countries business. For Decades the GOP was the war party. Now it's both. Lets get one that's not.

Affordable medicine/health care. Nobody would have ever guessed a DNC president would have done what he did with Insulin. I can't believe Biden did to to be honest. And by that I don't mean the executive order that changed an executive order.

I mean when Trump said he would do a thing, they dropped prices because they believed him. The executive order he signed wasn't even in effect yet. Biden is in office. Nothing has truly changed from a political view, other than Biden in in office. They don't believe Biden will do anything ... Obviously.

People getting married. Only man and woman? Fuck off... It's Churches that marry people anyway, shut the fuck up about it. The government shouldn't be saying anything about marriage, only offering rights to people who choose to enter a contract. The Government shouldn't be recognizing marriages, only unions of parties.

Those would be a hell of a start. Take a lot of the base from the Dems... Of course... If the Dems did it first................ Just saying. I personally don't care who does it so long as they actually do it FOR the people and not FOR THE PROFIT.

I think if the Republicans want to increase their base they should tone down and play up some things.

The Dems made a mistake losing sight of their traditional base - working people and instead focusing their attention on other groups and taking certain support for granted. I think that led to some big loses to Trump.

The Republicans have over the past few decades, made social conservatism a hot a major plank. More important than fiscal conservatism. I think that they should realize that certain things have sufficient majority popular support, they should marginalize the issues.

Marriage is one. The government recognizes marriages and the law provides certain benefits to married couples. The government is not going to stop doing that (I think that is more of a libertarian view maybe?) and America by far supports same sex marriage. So let it go. Why are you fighting it or making an issue of it? It has zero effect on anyone else's marriages. Another one is abortion which, is really a relatively recent issue. It did not spring straight fro RvWade - it was some time after that. It's another case where the American voters by far support legal abortion. Let it alone. Focus instead on the thornier issues surrounding it - when and how to allow late term? What about the ethics of abortion and fetal abnormalities? A third thing is immigration. Many people support the need for immigration reform and some sort of border control. But few supported the draconian and human-rights abuses of Trump era policies. I think that turned people away, particularly religious people.

If Republicans made immigration and "all Americans together" issue, instead singling out poor people, or Mexican people, for particular demonization, maybe they would get wider support from immigrant communities who are typically dominated by all business owners, entrepreneurs, and traditional cultural backgrounds. And if you had traditional conservative fiscal values, and support for traditional institutions like the military, police, and businesses - maybe the base would increase.

If they did, the Dems would be caught left footed. But then again - there is a lot they could do as well.

So maybe we just need more parties.

It would be a wonderful thing to see an uprising third party in the United States with Donald Trump or whoever.

There's one problem. do you want to see long term Democrat entrenchment? Because that's what you're going to get if you split the GOP. I think retaking the GOP should be the priority.

Not likely. The GOP would recognize that the RINOs are dragging them down and remove the worst of them and meld with the emerging third party. If they were smart they'd abandon the brand and start fresh. You aren't taking into account that liberals always eat their own when they have power. Any internal problems on the right will look like child's play compared to the in-fighting we'll see on the left. Now is the time for a realignment, nor can fear of liberals having power be allowed to steer where the future of the right is going.

More parties would turn us into a third world country. Where two of three factions have to form a coalition in order to form a majority government.

And with our electoral college system, additional parties would start throwing the presidential election into the hands of congress, and that becomes very messy, since republicans hold a majority of the states, but a minority of the population.

Now is the time for a realignment, nor can fear of liberals having power be allowed to steer where the future of the right is going.
If you allow either side to get 60 votes in the senate, you can say goodbye to any norms or pleasantries the "most deliberative body" would be turned into Thunderdome.

It would be a wonderful thing to see an uprising third party in the United States with Donald Trump or whoever.

There's one problem. do you want to see long term Democrat entrenchment? Because that's what you're going to get if you split the GOP. I think retaking the GOP should be the priority.

The rest would fall in line when push came to shove.

I'm trying to say that the GQP needs to return to the GOP it was BEFORE Trump.
A one party system is not a democracy. It's a dictatorship.
I didn't like the party BEFORE Trump. Trump got in because most of us didn't like the party BEFORE Trump. So far I don't like it AFTER Trump either.

Seriously... Sooner or later people need to figure out that the GOP and the DNC are the damn minorities of voters.

McConnell Said Trump Is Responsible For The Deadly Capitol Insurrection Minutes After Voting Not Guilty
602944796a4ed.jpg

I think if the Republicans want to increase their base they should tone down and play up some things.

The Dems made a mistake losing sight of their traditional base - working people and instead focusing their attention on other groups and taking certain support for granted. I think that led to some big loses to Trump.
Agreed.

The Republicans have over the past few decades, made social conservatism a hot a major plank. More important than fiscal conservatism. I think that they should realize that certain things have sufficient majority popular support, they should marginalize the issues.
I agree.

Marriage is one. The government recognizes marriages and the law provides certain benefits to married couples. The government is not going to stop doing that (I think that is more of a libertarian view maybe?) and America by far supports same sex marriage. So let it go. Why are you fighting it or making an issue of it? It has zero effect on anyone else's marriages.
I agree. Although honestly that was more from my IRL experiences over a hot topic here on the boards. I do live in part of the bible belt.... I ranted a bit, and I don't think it's as big of an issue and I should have likely left it out of the post.

Another one is abortion which, is really a relatively recent issue. It did not spring straight fro RvWade - it was some time after that. It's another case where the American voters by far support legal abortion. Let it alone. Focus instead on the thornier issues surrounding it - when and how to allow late term? What about the ethics of abortion and fetal abnormalities?
Absolutely agree.

A third thing is immigration. Many people support the need for immigration reform and some sort of border control.
I think it's most... But yes.

But few supported the draconian and human-rights abuses of Trump era policies. I think that turned people away, particularly religious people.
I think you are wrong on that. Both that they were draconian and that religious people bought into it in any significant number.

If they did, the Dems would be caught left footed. But then again - there is a lot they could do as well.

Again... I don't give two squirts which party gets these kinds of things done. I'll vote for them. I have no problems saying I like Gabbard. Yang held my interest for a good while... I gave money to both political parties, or rather... I gave money to members of both parties this presidential election.

If there are more parties.... Great. Give me one that takes the best from the GOP and the DNC... Joy.

McConnell Said Trump Is Responsible For The Deadly Capitol Insurrection Minutes After Voting Not Guilty
You don't understand what he was saying then. He voted the way he did because it made zero sense to even have the thing. If Trump would have won the election then it would have made sense to impeach him. He's not in power anymore... Impeachment did nothing.

I agree with him, even though I pretty much detest the man.

You don't understand what he was saying then. He voted the way he did because it made zero sense to even have the thing. If Trump would have won the election then it would have made sense to impeach him. He's not in power anymore... Impeachment did nothing.

there is more than a singe judgment that the senate can make on the impeached. Which means even if one judgment is moot, the other is not. You don't drop a trial because one of two counts are moot.

Marriage is one. The government recognizes marriages and the law provides certain benefits to married couples. The government is not going to stop doing that (I think that is more of a libertarian view maybe?) and America by far supports same sex marriage. So let it go. Why are you fighting it or making an issue of it? It has zero effect on anyone else's marriages. Another one is abortion which, is really a relatively recent issue. It did not spring straight fro RvWade - it was some time after that. It's another case where the American voters by far support legal abortion. Let it alone. Focus instead on the thornier issues surrounding it - when and how to allow late term? What about the ethics of abortion and fetal abnormalities? A third thing is immigration. Many people support the need for immigration reform and some sort of border control. But few supported the draconian and human-rights abuses of Trump era policies. I think that turned people away, particularly religious people.

If Republicans made immigration and "all Americans together" issue, instead singling out poor people, or Mexican people, for particular demonization, maybe they would get wider support from immigrant communities who are typically dominated by all business owners, entrepreneurs, and traditional cultural backgrounds. And if you had traditional conservative fiscal values, and support for traditional institutions like the military, police, and businesses - maybe the base would increase.

Immigration is what put Donald Trump over the top. Every other candidate was talking about reform. So what does reform mean? It means giving into the Democrats and allowing even more un-needed and unwanted foreigners here. We didn't ask for reform. We wanted a candidate that supported our stance of closing and securing the border.

The United States is the most generous country in the world to people that are not our own. We allow nearly a million foreigners a year to become citizens here and take advantage of everything we created. That's on top of nearly another million green cards and Visa's we hand out a year so people can come here to make a living or take advantage of our education system. No other civilized country in the world come close to what we do for other people. When you add in our foreign aid this country soon to be 30 trillion in the hole hands out, plus the dozens of charities we support, the US is the greatest country in the world for other people. If that's not enough, too bad. We've given way more than (as the Democrats like to call it) our fair share.

A third thing is immigration. Many people support the need for immigration reform and some sort of border control.
I think it's most... But yes.

But few supported the draconian and human-rights abuses of Trump era policies. I think that turned people away, particularly religious people.
I think you are wrong on that. Both that they were draconian and that religious people bought into it in any significant number

I think there are certain issues that chipped away at traditional support for the GoP and Dem parties and this, for the GoP was a big one. By draconian I mean the issue of family separation, carried out to the extreme that it was by the last administration. And it did cost some traditional support from among religious groups - and certainly divided them - forcing them to question their religious values in relation to their political support.

A number of religious organizations spoke up:

White evangelicals are the one group that remained largely united in support, I believe though some of their most influential leaders came out against it.

White evangelical leaders did something remarkable earlier this month: They criticized President Donald Trump for his administration’s immigration policy.
From the words of Franklin Graham — a long-time Trump ally and son of iconic preacher Billy Graham — to the wider resolution passed by the Southern Baptist Convention at its annual meeting, white evangelicals have been more and more willing to challenge Trump on issues of immigration and family separation, departing from white evangelicalism’s historic association with Republican Party politics.
But recent polling by the Public Religion Research Institute suggests that these denouncements were not part of a broader break between white evangelicals and Trump. Ultimately white evangelicals will still support Trump — and his wider immigration stance — despite their measured reservations about the policy of family separation.
The Public Religion Research Institute poll shows that support for the family separation policy among white evangelicals was low: Thirty-six percent of white evangelicals support the policy, while 51 percent are opposed to it. Given that white evangelicals are generally supportive of Trump’s policies more broadly, the relative lack of support for family separation is, at first glance, striking.
However, it’s important to recognize that white evangelical support for family separation is higher than those of any other religious group cited in the poll. Sixty percent of white mainline Protestants, 74 percent of Catholics, 82 percent of the religiously unaffiliated, and 87 percent of nonwhite Protestants are opposed to family separation.

Those are large chunks of the religious community - huge chunks. I don't know though if that went on to create an overall loss of support for the GoP immigration policies....or if it had an effect on election support.

You can't be the party of pro-family, family values etc. and turn around and do this thing.

there is more than a singe judgment that the senate can make on the impeached. Which means even if one judgment is moot, the other is not. You don't drop a trial because one of two counts are moot.
The only thing impeachment does is remove them from office. He's not in office. It means nothing. Why spend money on it?

CAN'T STUMP THE TRUMP !!
2021-02-14_114104.gif

The problem is that the two-faced backstabbing RINOs are the Trump Republicans. Trump has turned on all of his supporters the moment they dare utter a single word of criticism, for deny his lies. Dumb Donald insists on loyalty from all of his minions, but shows none in return.

To be a loyal Republican these days means that you have to disregard your oath of office and parrot the lies, misinformation and propaganda spewed by Donald Trump.

Noticed that the people the Republican party are censuring are at the honest Republicans who voted to uphold their oath of office. Republicans are censuring the dissenting voices within the party. The ones who are demanding constitutional government.

The Republican Party is now the party of sedition, insurrection and authoritarianism. What it is not is the party of law and order, or a party which believes in or upholds the Constitution.

Boy do you have that twisted up. The Nazis just impeached a President for exercising his constitutional rights. Every one of them took an oath to support and protect the document they just violated. Yet we allow them to remain in office which we shouldn't. And what Republicans did the same? The RINO's as usual.

Forum List

Back