72% Believe Small Business Owners Primarily Responsible for Their Own Success

In the day-to-day operations of most small businesses, the federal government has no responsibilities. Nor do they share in any of the risks.

I pay my taxes FED,state and road use taxes that's my share to cover my road use this is a non starter and and weak ass argument.

Try again

No, you try again. I hate to tell you, but unless you're paying MILLIONS in taxes every year, directly to the agencies that handle the roads and highways you use, you're not contributing your fair share. It does, in fact, take a village to pay for infrastructure.

I drive 15,000 miles a year on public roads. I pay about $100 a year in gas taxes. No way do I pay for the roads I use

So you own the roads with that $100 and that is your small business?
Apples and oranges. Average small business owner has 100K in his life savings at full risk just to start, years of sweat and stress to see if we are going to make a profit fighting govrnment bureaucracy and regulations by the bucket full and those of that are succesful after 20 years or so, which is about half of the ones that started, we have maybe built a retirment at the age of 70 all the while those that take NO risk keep demanding they be allowed to plunder more and more of what we have.
The argument I make is there is NO comparison with infrastructure to small business as where is your 100K investment? Where is your risk? Where is the stress you go through wondering if the roads will fail and you will lose everything you have?

rightwinger wrongly assumes he is driving on federally funded roads at all times. Very few roads are paid with federal funds.

Lol who are the 28%? :lol:
True omabamabot commie believers I guess, that's funny 28% are possibly under the 80 IQ borderline.

Your sentence structure suggests less than a high school education and/or an IQ below 90. I suggest before castigating the intelligence of those who support Obama that you invest in a Grammar, Spelling and Syntax Checker at your local Internet store.

Oh neat, you can put text in a spell check box and Obama can read from a teleprompter. :clap2:

No, you try again. I hate to tell you, but unless you're paying MILLIONS in taxes every year, directly to the agencies that handle the roads and highways you use, you're not contributing your fair share. It does, in fact, take a village to pay for infrastructure.

I drive 15,000 miles a year on public roads. I pay about $100 a year in gas taxes. No way do I pay for the roads I use

Maybe you should consider doing your fair share and write a check for an additional few thousand to cover your usage.

I don't have to.....I am a member of our society. I pay into it and I benefit from it......just like businesses do

rightwinger wrongly assumes he is driving on federally funded roads at all times. Very few roads are paid with federal funds.

I pay gas taxes at both the state and federal level. Just like everyone else

Where does government at any level--local, state, and federal--get the money it uses to build and maintain roads?

Why were the roads built? For what purposes? Who were they built for?

Conservatives can usually answer such questions. Apparently the President and his worshippers cannot.

Lol who are the 28%? :lol:
True omabamabot commie believers I guess, that's funny 28% are possibly under the 80 IQ borderline.

Your sentence structure suggests less than a high school education and/or an IQ below 90. I suggest before castigating the intelligence of those who support Obama that you invest in a Grammar, Spelling and Syntax Checker at your local Internet store.

Grammar, spelling, syntax, and checker should not be capitalized. :eusa_whistle:

So you own the roads with that $100 and that is your small business?
Apples and oranges. Average small business owner has 100K in his life savings at full risk just to start, years of sweat and stress to see if we are going to make a profit fighting govrnment bureaucracy and regulations by the bucket full and those of that are succesful after 20 years or so, which is about half of the ones that started, we have maybe built a retirment at the age of 70 all the while those that take NO risk keep demanding they be allowed to plunder more and more of what we have.
The argument I make is there is NO comparison with infrastructure to small business as where is your 100K investment? Where is your risk? Where is the stress you go through wondering if the roads will fail and you will lose everything you have?

I would like to respond to your post, but I have no idea what you are talking about. I contribute to roads through my gas taxes and so does a business. Without question, a business benefits from his customers, supplies and product being able to inexpensively reach his business than I do. I benefit from having millions of miles of roads at my disposal, but a business benefits much more

I would like to respond to your post, but I have no idea what you are talking about. I contribute to roads through my gas taxes and so does a business. Without question, a business benefits from his customers, supplies and product being able to inexpensively reach his business than I do. I benefit from having millions of miles of roads at my disposal, but a business benefits much more

The business passes that cost on to you idiot. YOU benefit from it, not the business.

You also didn't address my post in the least. Divide, deflect and deny the liberal way.

I merely responded how ridiculous your response was. Roads are built at the local, county, state and federal level. They are paid for primarily through gasoline taxes. Do you even know what you ar babbling about?

I really have to thank you rightwinger. Obama is painting business owners as the bad guys, when in fact, these government "benefits" save the consumer money, as the business passes costs on to them. Obama is against the consumers of America as well.

You also didn't address my post in the least. Divide, deflect and deny the liberal way.

I merely responded how ridiculous your response was. Roads are built at the local, county, state and federal level. They are paid for primarily through gasoline taxes. Do you even know what you ar babbling about?

I know local and county roads are NOT paid for with gasoline taxes. So, I'm smarter than you.

Why do Mittens and the dumbo rw's have to lie about EVERYTHING?

They take a few words, out of context, and suddenly, they've got NEW TALKING POINTS.

Idiots happily following Etch A Sketch off the cliff.

Last edited:
YouDidnt.jpg

Where does government at any level--local, state, and federal--get the money it uses to build and maintain roads?

Conservatives can usually answer such questions. Apparently the President and his worshippers cannot.

You don't know?

The money comes from "we the people" through gas taxes. We all pay in, we all benefit....even businesses that think they do it all on their own

There that critical thinking again, I am part of that village,what you think everyone has to pay millions individually??

I pay base on my road use,through gas and fuel taxes,state taxes,local taxes It my fair share

Try again.

So, buddy, thanks for proving Barack Obama's point for him. You didn't do everything on your own. Your business would be an utter failure without roads and highways that the GOVERNMENT pays for and then taxes us to cover the cost of.

Oops! You just stepped on a truth bomb, muhfacka!

I'll think I'll take a walk on the stupid side.

I have installed the electrical systems and maintain them in 3 of the 4 asphalt plants in a 3 county area ,almost all the concrete plants also,do the people that drive on the roads owe me something? The material goes to the state local and Fed highways

that's not to mention all the stone and gravel plants that the asphalt and concrete are made of and laid on top.

Wanna drop a dime in the jar on your way through??

You don't know?

The money comes from "we the people" through gas taxes. We all pay in, we all benefit....even businesses that think they do it all on their own

Obama says the money comes from the government. You disagreeing with him?

The business passes that cost on to you idiot. YOU benefit from it, not the business.

Do you realize what you are posting? That makes no sense

Try to follow the flow of the thread. It is not that hard for most people

Forum List

Back