911 Anniversary--are we safer now?

I have news for you people, particularly the progressives.

Life IS NOT safe. It never has been.

That does not mean that you just allow whatever to happen to you without fighting back.

We can never be totally safe. But as long as we are aware of the dangers, actions can be taken to reduce the danger.

The entire premise of the thread is just so much chimera.

Don't look to be safe. Look to be informed of where the danger is accumulating.
I would have thanked and even repped you for this, but you had to say "especially for the progressives" when it NEVER has been us Progressives spewing this "Safety" nonsense.

Bushh II totally took advantage of the situation and ramped up fear and the need for safety to ram all sorts of unConstitutional policies down our throats. The entire Republican Party fully backed him while it went on.

You know this.
He did no such thing, and THIS you know.

Bush was always about exacting revenge for the groups who did this, and the nations that allowed them to thrive.

All sides promoted fear, but those on the right that I associated with talked justice and teaching.

Teaching things we always knew. There are people in the world who hate us, and when you want to try to make friends with them, try to understand them, try to put some kind of moral equivalency to their position, you just set yourself up for death.

It was never the right that said that the other side had a point of view worth considering. It still isn't.

They hate us for our wealth and our religion. They will always hate us for these two things.

Drop the bullshit about being safe. It is chimera.

Talk about being active to stop them, kill them, cage them, or brainwash them. Never think that we will ever be safe.
You RWers have an UNCANNY ability to dismiss, ignore, excuse and rationalize things that are blatantly false, like the reasons Bush II led you and the rest of your Party down the Unconstitutional pathway. WoW!!

"All sides promoted fear."

"Teaching things we always knew."

"They hate us for our wealth and our religion."

That's some rich, deep dark brown, world class, Grade-A BS right there.

:lol:
lol

BTW, I NEVER said anything about being safe Darkwind. Cut it out!!

Last edited:
Twelve years later, and I still get just as mad now as I did then.

Not a good day for Me to be online....

~Bails~

I would have thanked and even repped you for this, but you had to say "especially for the progressives" when it NEVER has been us Progressives spewing this "Safety" nonsense.

Bushh II totally took advantage of the situation and ramped up fear and the need for safety to ram all sorts of unConstitutional policies down our throats. The entire Republican Party fully backed him while it went on.

You know this.
He did no such thing, and THIS you know.

Bush was always about exacting revenge for the groups who did this, and the nations that allowed them to thrive.

All sides promoted fear, but those on the right that I associated with talked justice and teaching.

Teaching things we always knew. There are people in the world who hate us, and when you want to try to make friends with them, try to understand them, try to put some kind of moral equivalency to their position, you just set yourself up for death.

It was never the right that said that the other side had a point of view worth considering. It still isn't.

They hate us for our wealth and our religion. They will always hate us for these two things.

Drop the bullshit about being safe. It is chimera.

Talk about being active to stop them, kill them, cage them, or brainwash them. Never think that we will ever be safe.
You RWers have an UNCANNY ability to dismiss, ignore, excuse and rationalize things that are blatantly false, like the reasons Bush II led you and the rest of your Party down the Unconstitutional pathway. WoW!!

BTW, I NEVER said anything about being safe Darkwind. Cut it out!!
YOu LW'ers have the uncanny ability to lie about motives of Republicans. I've been listening to, and watching it for 25 years.

later.

You haven't been safe since the day you were conceived. To even think that you ever could be is nonsense and a silly position to take.

You do not honor anyone by making ludicrous claims that we have failed to make ourselves safer. The goal was never to make us safer.

It was to make us aware and to exact justice for evil deeds committed.

You want to be safe? Go check into a mental hospital and take up residence in a rubber room.
The poster known as "Surfer" is not a progressive Darkwind, he's more of a far RW radical reactionary than anything else.

Just an FYI.
Just for your information. I don't have a side.

Wrong is wrong.
Then act like it Darkwind. Act like it.

That is all.

safety is a myth

BULLSHIT. We were always safe. People need to quit watching their god damned TV's! The media is the problem. Always scarring the shit out of people, giving the government cover to strip them of their civil rights and civil liberties. Terrorism was NEVER a problem for us. We have only been brain washed and conditioned to believe it has been. This has been done to take away our freedom.

Startling fact:

b-kidgun050513.jpg

Number of persons killed on American soil so far this year by terrorists: 3.

Number of persons killed on American soil so far this year by toddlers: 5.​

– You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack

– You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack

— You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane

— You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack

–You are 404 times more likely to die in a fall than from a terrorist attack

— You are 87 times more likely to drown than die in a terrorist attack

– You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack

–You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack

–You are 9 times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack

–You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

–You are 8 times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack

– You are 6 times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack
Do you even know the difference between passive and active?

Of course.

"Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither"

— Benjamin Franklin

Considering the statistics I have quoted, and considering Bush junior's ill fated logic, "They hate us because of our freedom," then did giving away so much of our freedom make us the victors here, or did it make the terrorists become the victors? If we have only lost 16 citizens to terrorists, does that justify the opportunity costs, the material costs, and the real costs of what we have spent since that day? And the REAL liberty lost? I think most would say, most definitely NOT!

We have not won the war on terror, the terrorists have won. They destroyed a once freedom loving people. We used to be care free. We used to love our freedom. Now we cower in fear. We are hyper partisan. We argue and hate each other and THINK there is some boogie man out to get us. We don't realize there is a sinister corporate elite that has done this to us. An elite that has manipulated it all. We care more about tearing each other down than looking for solutions.

Me? I'm just as guilty. I get so tired of the lies. What else can I do?

1237039_1410308839190873_192058839_n.png

You haven't been safe since the day you were conceived.
You do not honor anyone by making ludicrous claims that we have failed to make ourselves safer.The goal was never to make us safer.
It was to make us aware and to exact justice for evil deeds committed.
You want to be safe? Go check into a mental hospital and take up residence in a rubber room.
The poster known as "Surfer" is not a progressive Darkwind, he's more of a...

I am safe because I have Jesus Christ. :eusa_angel:
How are we safer when Muslimes have committed more than 20,000+ deadly terror attacks SINCE 911? How are we safer as we let 50 million+ dirty criminal aliens infest? How are we safer as we release hardened criminals back into the streets? Get a clue.
Where have we "exact justice for evil deeds"?? We haven't. This government is too cowardly and supports/encourages/WORSHIPS our enemies.
binLaden is still alive. Muslimes are still killing innocents.
No room in the nuthouse. It is filled with your relatives.
"He"?? I am a "she". Moron.

6a011168586588970c0154354a58d3970c-500wi

Last edited:
Emotional response is no substitute for critical thinking. :mad:

NO ONE is using critical thinking. The Muslimes who attacked us were obeying their vile Koran and Allah who command them to kill us. Of course there is/was emotional response. Any of your friends or family members die on/because of 911? I didn't think so. :mad:
W used critical thinking. So did his cabinet. And the dirty Muslimes are STILL killing anything with a pulse. Grow the fck up. :mad:

Bagpipes, tolling bells and a reading of the names of the almost 3,000 people who died when Muslimes hijacked jetliners and crashed them into the World Trade Center, Pentagon, and a PA field marked the 12th anniversary of the 911 Muslime attacks. More than 1,000 people gathered at the National September 11 Memorial plaza in Manhattan, for the annual reading of victims' names from the Muslime terrorist attacks.

September 11 attacks: Somber ceremonies mark 12th anniversary - chicagotribune.com

WTC-9-11.jpg

I'd say we are no more safe from a sucker punch than we were on 9-10-2001. With Republicans in the minority we are more divided than we've been since the Vietnam era. When we were attacked in 2001 Democrats rallied behind the American President in support of his effort to kill or capture those responsible for the deadly attack. In 2012 Republicans couldn't blame the American President fast enough for a deadly attack on Americans and tried to use their deaths as a prop in an election year.

Are you referring to Bengazi? Not even a comparison. Weak. 911 was a monumental disaster and any politician not supporting payback would have been committing political suicide. I dislike most politicians and trust very few. We HAVE to do something about the Muslimes and criminal aliens who are infesting. We will have no kind of safety until we do.

The vast majority of Americans were never in much danger to begin with, although you never would have known that when the Bush administration was cutting into programming issuing warnings about "chatter" and playing with their color coded alert level. Probably ended up helping to sell a lot of duct tape, though. It makes me wonder if maybe Halliburton had bought some stock in a duct tape-making company.

Are you referring to Bengazi? Not even a comparison. Weak. 911 was a monumental disaster and any politician not supporting payback would have been committing political suicide. I dislike most politicians and trust very few. We HAVE to do something about the Muslimes and criminal aliens who are infesting. We will have no kind of safety until we do.

As long as we continue the bipartisan policy of intervention we will not be safe from a sucker punch.

http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/pa159.pdf

As long as we continue the bipartisan policy of intervention we will not be safe from a sucker punch.

I agree. We should stay the hell out of the Middle East and let them annihilate each other. We should deport Muslimes and get our country back.

I agree. We should stay the hell out of the Middle East and let them annihilate each other. We should deport Muslimes and get our country back.

I do not share your hatred of Muslims just for the sake of being Muslim. Who exactly do you think has taken our country that we need to take it back from?

Interesting question. Let me put on my "critical thinking cap"

No we are not. In 1993' when those jerks first attempted to bring down those towers, most knew that there had been a direct change in the way the US old, and would, do business from that day forward.

Unfortunately, the short-sighted Bill Clinton took it as a "one time" event. It was not, it was only the beginning. When Bill Clinton had the opportunity to take down Bin Laden, he punted the ball. THIS was the pivotal moment in our history.

From that moment on, our fate was sealed. If Bin Laden had been taken out then, 9/11 would most likely not have happened. However, our failure to act emboldened the terrorist and the rest is history.

Bush was elected, 9/11 happened and we became bogged down in 2 wars. Meanwhile, Terrorists huddle in caves, little villages and bergs and plan for the future. We have lost too many young men and women to these wars - most living their youth in continuous deployments and an even larger number returning home without arms and legs.

Are we safer today? Only a fool would buy into that thinking. George Santayana was, indeed, correct. Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it"

America, like most other countries, is very fond of "forgetting the past" in an effort to soothe their collective souls. These radical Islamists are COUNTING on that fact.

How's that for "critical thinking"??

Last edited:

Forum List

Back