A 25-year-old black man was shot dead in Georgia while jogging, prompting online protests labeling the incident as racial profiling

Well, that “felon” would have been nowhere near that fun had the gun owner minded his own business and not run up on him with a loaded gun. Your reasoning is beyond disgusting, and I guarantee you it wouldn’t hold up in a court of law where I’m from. Maybe down in shithole Georgia, but not around here.

If you run up on somebody with a gun, you better be prepared to use it. Gun or not, somebody pulls that shit on me, and I’m fighting and/or stabbing them.
Sounds like you're jonesing to win a Darwin award and get dead just like he was. :cuckoo:

Bringing a knife to a gun fight! Wicked Smaht you are!

I'm thinking in a battle of wits, you're an unarmed victim.

So a black was stealing a shotgun and got killed? Ok then.
Well if you wanna go that deep, he was trying to strongarm rob the man of his shotgun.
Liar
Article says he was fighting over a shotgun, you're the liar, traitor.
Yeah I’d fight over a gun too if I were jogging, minding my own business, and some asshole ran up pointing a gun at me. You stupid piece of trash.
I'm rubber and your glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Well if you wanna go that deep, he was trying to strongarm rob the man of his shotgun.
Liar
Yeah I’d fight over a gun too if I were jogging, minding my own business, and some asshole ran up pointing a gun at me. You stupid piece of trash.
That would be incredibly dumb, especially if you know that you have been mistaken for a criminal.

A black man jogging in an affluent suburban Georgia neighborhood was shot dead by neighbors on February 23, who thought he was a robber, setting off online protests labeling the incident as racial profiling, The New York Times reported.

Ahmaud Arbery was jogging around Brunswick, Georgia, before he was killed in nearby Satilla Shores. Arbery ran by Gregory McMichael who called to his son Travis McMichael before grabbing their .357 magnum revolver and shotgun and followed Arbery in a truck, according to The Times.

"Stop, stop," they shouted at Mr. Arbery, according to The Times, "we want to talk to you."

Gregory McMichael told police he thought Arbery was the suspect in a string of break-ins. Arbery died after being shot twice in after "a struggle over the shotgun," according to The Times.

According to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the elder McMichael, who is a former police officer, was the only source quoted in the police report and that led critics to suspect that "his influence played a role in authorities' decision not to bring charges."

"There's a lot of suspicion of law enforcement down here," Akeem Baker, a friend of Arbery told AJC.

Neither the father nor son have been charged with Arbery's killing.

So now you can't jog while black.

How is it that you can just grab your gun and chase someone down the block, kill them and then return home for dinner.

Oh that's right there is no more racism in the South anymore.

Yeah, "Ahmaud Arbery" sounds like such a Black Christian American name. He was spottin' steel.

Spot it in the daytime and steal it at night. Guess where I heard that? From a black man that knows about 200 more old-time gospel songs than your ass does (If still alive).

Try again, racebait. Why did he not turn on the afterburners and get the hell outta Dodge?
So, guilty until proven innocent....unless you’re white
Why is this a race thing?
You tell me, racetard
The black attacked the whites, i’m not sure how anybody sees anything wrong with this. We have the right to first amendment and we have a right to self-defense with a gun
Your first amendment right doesn’t excuse you from doing stupid shit that lead to somebody’s death. I sure as hell would fight for my life if two yahoos drove up on me pointing guns.
You would fight two guys pointing guns are you?
If I felt threatened and feared for my life? Absolutely.

Here’s the thing — don’t run up on somebody with a gun unless you have a very good reason. You don’t know how somebody is going to react.

They had a legal reason to stop and question him, according to state law.
No they didn't.

Georgia Code Title 17. Criminal Procedure § 17-4-60:

"A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion. "

Saying "Come here, I want to talk to you" to someone, isn't arresting them. They were withing their legal right until the jogger tried to disarm them, then it becomes a problem. You don't think I'd shoot some fool who tried to disarm me?

He was was sentenced to five years’ probation as a first offender on charges of carrying a weapon on campus and several counts of obstructing a law enforcement officer. He was also convicted of probation violation in 2018 after he was charged with shoplifting, court documents show.

In the State of Georgia, carrying a weapon on campus is a felony, even for background checked concealed carry holders. It is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

In other words, the dead jogger's attempt to wrest a shotgun from one of the other men, made him a felon in possession of a firearm.
Wait. So, you’re saying that when the jogger got ahold of the gun, since he was convicted of a felony before, that made him a felon in possession of a firearm and therefore gave the shooter a legal right to kill him?

Holy shit. I’ve seen some fucked up reasoning for some fucked up things, but this takes the cake. You are one sick motherfucker.

A felon can't be anywhere within the proximity of a firearm. He can't be in a house or a car where there's a firearm present, or even ammunition for that matter. A felon attempting to disarm a legal gun owner can be shot and killed. Anyone trying to disarm a legal gun owner could legally be shot and killed, if that gun owner felt his life or the lives of his family were in danger.

I've carried every day since 2011 and I'll tell your this, buddy: Unless you're a law-enforcement officer, you try to disarm me and you will be shot in the face. That's a promise.
Well, that “felon” would have been nowhere near that fun had the gun owner minded his own business and not run up on him with a loaded gun. Your reasoning is beyond disgusting, and I guarantee you it wouldn’t hold up in a court of law where I’m from. Maybe down in shithole Georgia, but not around here.

If you run up on somebody with a gun, you better be prepared to use it. Gun or not, somebody pulls that shit on me, and I’m fighting and/or stabbing them.
Apparently he was prepared to use it dumass and did. And, what kind of a moron runs up on someone with an unloaded gun, besides a democrat?
What kind of moron runs around confronting people with a gun, besides a power hungry MAGAt who thinks he’s the law?

Sounds like you're jonesing to win a Darwin award and get dead just like he was. :cuckoo:

Bringing a knife to a gun fight! Wicked Smaht you are!

I'm thinking in a battle of wits, you're an unarmed victim.

Liar
That would be incredibly dumb, especially if you know that you have been mistaken for a criminal.
How would I know if I’m mistaken as a criminal? All I’m thinking about in that moment is that some guy is about to shoot me. That’s why you don’t run up on somebody without just cause. People are unpredictable.

A black man jogging in an affluent suburban Georgia neighborhood was shot dead by neighbors on February 23, who thought he was a robber, setting off online protests labeling the incident as racial profiling, The New York Times reported.

Ahmaud Arbery was jogging around Brunswick, Georgia, before he was killed in nearby Satilla Shores. Arbery ran by Gregory McMichael who called to his son Travis McMichael before grabbing their .357 magnum revolver and shotgun and followed Arbery in a truck, according to The Times.

"Stop, stop," they shouted at Mr. Arbery, according to The Times, "we want to talk to you."

Gregory McMichael told police he thought Arbery was the suspect in a string of break-ins. Arbery died after being shot twice in after "a struggle over the shotgun," according to The Times.

According to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the elder McMichael, who is a former police officer, was the only source quoted in the police report and that led critics to suspect that "his influence played a role in authorities' decision not to bring charges."

"There's a lot of suspicion of law enforcement down here," Akeem Baker, a friend of Arbery told AJC.

How is it that you can just grab your gun and chase someone down the block, kill them and then return home for dinner.

This used to be when the Feds would step in. But that's not going to happen with a mentally ill babyman puppet in the White house being controlled by Steven Miller, the white supremist.

And just think, you were almost at the point where you made an intelligent statement.

Then you belched sup that nonsense...

How would I know if I’m mistaken as a criminal? All I’m thinking about in that moment is that some guy is about to shoot me. That’s why you don’t run up on somebody without just cause. People are unpredictable.

Guys had a shotgun and a pistol. If I was a runner, I would try to put as much distance between them and me while zigging and a-zagging as fast as I could!

For every yard away from people shooting guns like that, your chances of being missed increase a LOT!

Was the guy a runner? Hmm..

Guys had a shotgun and a pistol. If I was a runner, I would try to put as much distance between them and me while zigging and a-zagging as fast as I could!

For every yard away from people shooting guns like that, your chances of being missed increase a LOT!

Was the guy a runner? Hmm..
Cool. People are unpredictable. That’s why.

How we like I know if I’m mistaken as a criminal?
All your base are belong to me.
Dude, you’re such a waste of oxygen.
Perhaps using proper sentence structure will help you. Oh and i don't use oxygen.
It’s called autocorrect, professor. Sometimes it has a mind of its own. Waste of oxygen.

Looks like it's doing better than you in that regard.

Here's where I'm at on this:

That guy probably was looking for something to steal.
Did the 2 have the right to chase him for blocks with guns? I don't think so.
In my state that is not legal.
Did he have to stop and confront them when he was already in motion? Probably not.
Were they trying to detain him until police arrived? Possibly.
Need more info and only time will tell.

Last edited:
It's stunning to think that the ex-DA's investigator, this McMichael guy, wasn't arrested and charged.

He used deadly force when his life was not in danger. He chased the guy down in his truck, confronted him, and ultimately killed him.

Based just on what's presented, McMichael and his son were in the wrong. I hope this is investigated and handled appropriately. This is sad...

Yeah, "Ahmaud Arbery" sounds like such a Black Christian American name. He was spottin' steel.

Spot it in the daytime and steal it at night. Guess where I heard that? From a black man that knows about 200 more old-time gospel songs than your ass does (If still alive).

Try again, racebait. Why did he not turn on the afterburners and get the hell outta Dodge?
So, guilty until proven innocent....unless you’re white
Why is this a race thing?
You tell me, racetard
The black attacked the whites, i’m not sure how anybody sees anything wrong with this. We have the right to first amendment and we have a right to self-defense with a gun
Your first amendment right doesn’t excuse you from doing stupid shit that lead to somebody’s death. I sure as hell would fight for my life if two yahoos drove up on me pointing guns.
You would fight two guys pointing guns are you?
If I felt threatened and feared for my life? Absolutely.

Here’s the thing — don’t run up on somebody with a gun unless you have a very good reason. You don’t know how somebody is going to react.

They had a legal reason to stop and question him, according to state law.
No they didn't.

Georgia Code Title 17. Criminal Procedure § 17-4-60:

"A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion. "

Saying "Come here, I want to talk to you" to someone, isn't arresting them. They were withing their legal right until the jogger tried to disarm them, then it becomes a problem. You don't think I'd shoot some fool who tried to disarm me?

He was was sentenced to five years’ probation as a first offender on charges of carrying a weapon on campus and several counts of obstructing a law enforcement officer. He was also convicted of probation violation in 2018 after he was charged with shoplifting, court documents show.

In the State of Georgia, carrying a weapon on campus is a felony, even for background checked concealed carry holders. It is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

In other words, the dead jogger's attempt to wrest a shotgun from one of the other men, made him a felon in possession of a firearm.
Wait. So, you’re saying that when the jogger got ahold of the gun, since he was convicted of a felony before, that made him a felon in possession of a firearm and therefore gave the shooter a legal right to kill him?

Holy shit. I’ve seen some fucked up reasoning for some fucked up things, but this takes the cake. You are one sick motherfucker.

A felon can't be anywhere within the proximity of a firearm. He can't be in a house or a car where there's a firearm present, or even ammunition for that matter. A felon attempting to disarm a legal gun owner can be shot and killed. Anyone trying to disarm a legal gun owner could legally be shot and killed, if that gun owner felt his life or the lives of his family were in danger.

I've carried every day since 2011 and I'll tell your this, buddy: Unless you're a law-enforcement officer, you try to disarm me and you will be shot in the face. That's a promise.

Link to them “running at him with guns”?

Liar
Link that happen?

Forum List

Back