A closer look at the creation story

You're preaching a rather fundie view. Your extremist view insists that your subjective interpretations are true and the interpretations of others is not.

All this fuss could be settled if the various gods could unionize and establish a hierarchy of holy books.

I can’t be held responsible for widely varying interpretation of tales and fables written in a book that I don’t use to shape my worldview. As we see with regularity, interpretation of these ancient relics is entirely subjective and open to the whims of the interpreter.

Just because there are many nutty ways to interpret the stories in the bible does not mean that there is no way to differentiate between what is ridiculous and plausible.

Most of these nutty interpretations can be dismissed out of hand by anyone who was paying attention in grade school.

Truth is one, falsehood many.

One rational interpretation of anything in scripture that conforms to reality renders thousands of irrational interpretations that contradict reality silly, irrelevant, and obsolete.

Super. Christendom can rely on you to make the definitive, authoritative determination as to what will be literal interpretation vs. what is silly, irrelevant and obsolete.

That will eliminate all those competing sects/ subdivisions of Christianity and the Christian world can come together holding hands in harmonious bliss.

Be sure to let us know when your revised Bible is published. I'm hoping the gods will step in and demand right of first refusal for edits, but if not, screw them. You are the final authority.

Thanks.

Yes, they can rely on me. Books that have been closed have already been opened. No need for another book. The time is coming, indeed it is already here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of Meanie, and all who hear shall come to life. Satan, the false prophet, the antichrist, death, and hades will be tossed into the lake of fire in full view of believers and unbelievers alike, and all the children of the new age will live happily ever after...

You're welcome.

I will now take a bow!

:thanks:

You can make light of the varying interpretations of your bibles but if you read through these threads, even the posters here can’t agree on what is to be taken as literal and what is mere fable. I hope you take some time to understand that the percentage of religionists who accept any particular foundational myth of religion is hardly a basis for deciding that myth is true or not. Of course, this ignores the very tenuous ground you stand on with the claims you make toward the veracity of your interpretations. The issues are coincident in that religionists dispute the content and they also dispute the interpretation of the content. And I suspect that even you would not be so naïve as to pretend there is no such conflict.

It’s also up to me to make judgments regarding your belief that you have some peculiar insight into what unknown authors have ascribed to the gods. I happen to live on the same planet as adherents to your belief system and your choices definitely affect me on an ongoing basis. Since I am not an adherent to your ideology, but to a large extent must cope with it, I certainly think this gives me solid reasons to address the veracity of your claims.

Relax Holly. As far as I can tell no one adheres to my beliefs. I highly doubt that anyone even knows what they are. Atheists call me a religious nutter. Jews call me a christer. Christians call me an atheist, or even worse, a Jew.

That being said, if you are fed up, as I am, with all of the bullshit surrounding the issue of religious people claiming moral authority over you based on their professed adherence to biblical teaching then go on and address the veracity of my claims already.

You have heard it said that Jesus is God and believers claim thats what the bible is teaching. I am telling you that anyone who professes the belief that Jesus is God is dead according to biblical teaching. It is idolatry plain and simple, the way to death, not the way to eternal life.

You have heard it said that the subject of Kosher law, the way to holiness, is by eating or abstaining from certain food. I am telling you that the subject of Kosher law is teaching not food; standing guard over the purity of your own mind by differentiating between clean and unclean teaching, not dicking around over whats for dinner.

You have heard it said that it's impossible to know who is right or wrong.

I am telling you that all that you or anyone has to do is read the book and apply the least amount of energy and intelligence required to get dressed in the morning and you will see for yourself with your own eyes where right and wrong and judgment lie.

If a teacher told you to write a book report on the story of the pied piper and you handed in a paper that claimed the story was teaching that the pied piper was God, and everyone in society must play the flute, worship, and eat him, would the teacher give you an A or an F?

If you handed in a paper that said that its impossible to know what the story was about, would you pass or fail?
You are so hung up on the form of religion you lose sight of the power of faith.

Just because there are many nutty ways to interpret the stories in the bible does not mean that there is no way to differentiate between what is ridiculous and plausible.

Most of these nutty interpretations can be dismissed out of hand by anyone who was paying attention in grade school.

Truth is one, falsehood many.

One rational interpretation of anything in scripture that conforms to reality renders thousands of irrational interpretations that contradict reality silly, irrelevant, and obsolete.

Super. Christendom can rely on you to make the definitive, authoritative determination as to what will be literal interpretation vs. what is silly, irrelevant and obsolete.

That will eliminate all those competing sects/ subdivisions of Christianity and the Christian world can come together holding hands in harmonious bliss.

Be sure to let us know when your revised Bible is published. I'm hoping the gods will step in and demand right of first refusal for edits, but if not, screw them. You are the final authority.

Thanks.

Yes, they can rely on me. Books that have been closed have already been opened. No need for another book. The time is coming, indeed it is already here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of Meanie, and all who hear shall come to life. Satan, the false prophet, the antichrist, death, and hades will be tossed into the lake of fire in full view of believers and unbelievers alike, and all the children of the new age will live happily ever after...

You're welcome.

I will now take a bow!

You can make light of the varying interpretations of your bibles but if you read through these threads, even the posters here can’t agree on what is to be taken as literal and what is mere fable. I hope you take some time to understand that the percentage of religionists who accept any particular foundational myth of religion is hardly a basis for deciding that myth is true or not. Of course, this ignores the very tenuous ground you stand on with the claims you make toward the veracity of your interpretations. The issues are coincident in that religionists dispute the content and they also dispute the interpretation of the content. And I suspect that even you would not be so naïve as to pretend there is no such conflict.

It’s also up to me to make judgments regarding your belief that you have some peculiar insight into what unknown authors have ascribed to the gods. I happen to live on the same planet as adherents to your belief system and your choices definitely affect me on an ongoing basis. Since I am not an adherent to your ideology, but to a large extent must cope with it, I certainly think this gives me solid reasons to address the veracity of your claims.

Relax Holly. As far as I can tell no one adheres to my beliefs. I highly doubt that anyone even knows what they are. Atheists call me a religious nutter. Jews call me a christer. Christians call me an atheist, or even worse, a Jew.

That being said, if you are fed up, as I am, with all of the bullshit surrounding the issue of religious people claiming moral authority over you based on their professed adherence to biblical teaching then go on and address the veracity of my claims already.

You have heard it said that Jesus is God and believers claim thats what the bible is teaching. I am telling you that anyone who professes the belief that Jesus is God is dead according to biblical teaching. It is idolatry plain and simple, the way to death, not the way to eternal life.

You have heard it said that the subject of Kosher law, the way to holiness, is by eating or abstaining from certain food. I am telling you that the subject of Kosher law is teaching not food; standing guard over the purity of your own mind by differentiating between clean and unclean teaching, not dicking around over whats for dinner.

I am telling you that all that you or anyone has to do is read the book and apply the least amount of energy and intelligence required to get dressed in the morning and you will see for yourself with your own eyes where right and wrong and judgment lie.

If a teacher told you to write a book report on the story of the pied piper and you handed in a paper that claimed the story was teaching that the pied piper was God, and everyone in society must play the flute, worship, and eat him, would the teacher give you an A or an F?

If you handed in a paper that said that its impossible to know what the story was about, would you pass or fail?
You are so hung up on the form of religion you lose sight of the power of faith.

You are so hung up on the imaginary power of faith that you have lost your sanity.

Thanks.

You're welcome.

I will now take a bow!

You are so hung up on the imaginary power of faith that you have lost your sanity.
There’s nothing imaginary about faith.

You don’t believe the material world was created by spirit so you can’t accept that there is anything beyond the material world.

And yet you claim to not know. You have just literally made a statement that belies your position of not knowing.

You're welcome.

I will now take a bow!

You don’t believe the material world was created by spirit so you can’t accept that there is anything beyond the material world.

And yet you claim to not know. You have just literally made a statement that belies your position of not knowing.

Ahem. Holly took the position of not knowing. Pay attention.

Lets face it. You believe in a three in one God made man made matzo made by human hands and then eat it for spiritual life even though that practice is clearly condemned by God through divine law under penalty of death.

You have either lost your mind or you have made evil a deliberate choice.

gibber all you want about the material universe. Whether God exists or not, you're nutz.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

No, you cannot make it mean whatever you want it to mean.
Sure you can. Amd you just did. And i can find 100 different christian sectarians and get 100 versions of what that part means. And there is no way to tell who is correct.. Which basically means all of you are full of it.
Let me guess. When you read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, you thought Mark Twain was writing about your generation.

Yea, Fundy. You know you did.
You don't have to pinch off an irrelevant, self soothing word salad. You can just admit i am correct. And you christian sectarians prove me right in every single thread, when you bicker amongst youraelves about the interpretations. So, form the perspective of someone who doesn't buy into any of your dogma, i am left with a choice: either exactly one of you is correct, or you are all full of shit.

Easy choice.

There is no way to tell who is correct? Nonsense.
Nope, spot on. Each of you, with your contradictory opinions,claims to be in possession of the absolute, divine truth. Of course, you are all completely full of shit.
nahh. You are just stupid.

Ding professes to believe that Jesus, a human being, was God. He believes this God is present in a lifeless cracker made by human hands. He worships and eats it for spiritual life. Thats fine and all, he has every right to throw his mind in the trash, but I am saying that that practice is idolatry, not according to me but according to the dictionary and the Bible that Ding professes to believe is the very word of God.

Then you stroll along with that magical bullshit bone in your nose and say that there is no way to determine who is right or wrong because its all bullshit.

Thats just not the truth. There is such a thing as right and wrong Virginia. If you don't believe me you can look it up.

Can I get an ooh ooh ahh ahh?

Lets face it. You believe in a three in one God made man made matzo made by human hands and then eat it for spiritual life even though that practice is clearly condemned by God through divine law under penalty of death.

gibber all you want about the material universe. Whether God exists or not, you're nutz.

Again let me state you don’t have enough faith and your problem is with the form of religion.

Again let me state you don’t have enough faith and your problem is with the form of religion.

I have faith in what I know. You have faith that by worshipping a trinity that became a man who you eat in the form of a lifeless cracker made by human hands for spiritual life you will live forever.

I don't have a problem with the form of religion, whatever that means. I don't even have a problem with you.

I hear what you say, I know what the Bible teaches because I can read, so I pointed out to you that what you profess to believe will lead to eternal life is actually a practice under the condemnation of God under penalty of death according to the book that you also profess to believe is the Word of God.

I know what I hear, see, and understand.

If what is written in the bible is true, you are an idolator who is already dead, in hell, and well on your way to destruction.

If Jesus told you that how would you respond? What would you say?

"I thought Jews weren't supposed to proselytize!" "Why won't you admit that you are an atheist Jew?" "You hate Catholics! " "Do you believe that God created the material world so that he could experience the material world through us?", "We believe, we have faith, we we we.

Then he would say..

"How many of you are there?"

Last edited:
I have faith in what I know. You have faith that by worshipping a trinity that became a man who you eat in the form of a lifeless cracker made by human hands for spiritual life you will live forever.
I have faith in God.

Faith is putting complete trust in something or someone. I don’t put complete trust in something or someone without good reason.

You can’t get past the form of religion. Which is odd because you are literally basing your belief that I worship an idol and break God’s commandment on the authority of the Bible as if you place complete trust in the Bible itself. Wierd.

I don't have a problem with the form of religion, whatever that means. I don't even have a problem with you.
You absolutely do have a problem with the form of religion because you are arguing one religion’s beliefs over another religion’s beliefs.

You don’t believe the Bible but you believe I should accept your interpretation of the Bible. That too is wierd.

I hear what you say, I know what the Bible teaches because I can read, so I pointed out to you that what you profess to believe will lead to eternal life is actually a practice under the condemnation of God under penalty of death according to the book that you also profess to believe is the Word of God.
No. You don’t hear what I am saying. My faith teaches the three persons of one God. The God of Abraham.

You reject the premise of my faith so you erroneously conclude I am worshipping an idol.

I know what I hear, see, and understand.

If what is written in the bible is true, you are an idolator who is dead, in hell, and on your way to destruction.
If that were true you wouldn’t believe you understood a religion that wasn’t your own better than someone who actually practiced that religion. So I don’t believe you do understand.

If Jesus told you that how would you respond? What would you say?
Let me flip that around. If Jesus returned as the second coming of Christ to fulfill the Jewish prophecy of the Messiah would you accept him?

Because according to your beliefs it isn’t possible for Jesus to tell me anything because according to your beliefs Jesus was just a man who is dead.

How many of you are there?
I am just one but God experiences the material world through all of us. Even you.

You may have lifted your skirt for a self negating multiplicity, but I am not a part of your us. Satan has no place in me.

My God does not need any us to experience anything. I experience the kingdom of God through Christ.

Forum List

Back