A day in the life of Net Neutrality

Uncensored2008

Libertarian Radical
Feb 8, 2011
Behind the Orange Curtain
You wake up early, you pick up your iPhone and check your VZ-Connect page, you got 7 VZ-Likes on the cat video you posted, you would have gotten more, but an FCC censor found it objectionable and removed it. Not for the first time, you find yourself yearning for the days of Facebook. But after Verizon was named the exclusive backbone carrier by the FCC, weeks after President Obama issued the Executive Order making the internet a Title II utility. Facebook held on for awhile, but the FCC revoked their netcasting license after repeated violations of the net neutrality seditious content rules. Verizon quickly replaced Facebook with VZ-Connect, which was monitored by FCC content custodians.

You need to send Aunt Martha a thank you note for the sweater she sent you for your birthday. So you log on to VZ-Banking to check your balance. Aunt Martha is half a country away and the long distance charges for an email to her will be in the hundreds of dollars. Your balance is low, but you keep the message down to just a few words to keep the costs down.

A pile of mail is in the corner and you dread your Verizon bill. Opening it you see the usual $200 base charge, along with TTY charges, Baseline services taxes to provide internet to families on assistance. The netuse tax has gone up again, now $73.42 for a month. The tax is needed to pay the FCC regulators. But what you really dread are the long distance charges, email in the same zip code is still free, but a per mile charge for email outside of the zip code adds up quickly.

You are tempted to log on to VZ-Chatter and post a complaint, but last time you complained about your Verizon bill you got a stern letter from an FCC guardian advising you that such complaints have no place on the internet.

On the bright side, hand written letters through postal mail have made a resurgence.

Again you reveal you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about concerning this issue. As much as would you like to think that this issue is political I can assure it is not. This fear mongering is at least comical.

Again you reveal you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about concerning this issue. As much as would you like to think that this issue is political I can assure it is not. This fear mongering is at least comical.
He isn't an intelligent person.

You were born well after the FCC mandated monopoly of Ma Bell was dissolved, weren't you?

I've seen FCC Title II regulations before, which I described.

If you knew the actual definition, you would know you just contradicted yourself.

Please educate yourself about net neutrality.

Net Neutrality = changing the internet to a Title II utility - placing it under the same control as the telephone company in the 1960's was. Because telephone service was a Title II utility - there was only one telephone company.

YOU are the one who doesn't grasp what you're begging for. You believe more government is better, total government is perfect, but the OP is a tale of how these things usually work out.

If you knew the actual definition, you would know you just contradicted yourself.

Please educate yourself about net neutrality.

Net Neutrality = changing the internet to a Title II utility - placing it under the same control as the telephone company in the 1960's was. Because telephone service was a Title II utility - there was only one telephone company.

YOU are the one who doesn't grasp what you're begging for. You believe more government is better, total government is perfect, but the OP is a tale of how these things usually work out.
Does the FCC censor your phone calls?

If RWs really objected to control of the FCC, they would admit what the Repubs did when Michael Powell headed it up.

And, just to review, the documentary is called Orwell Rolls In His Grave and is available on You Tube.

The only reason RWs are against net neutrality is because Obama is in favor of it. If the right gets their way, you can bet the RWs will all blame Obama for it. Because everything is his fault and they have no control or responsibility for their own failures.

If RWs really objected to control of the FCC, they would admit what the Repubs did when Michael Powell headed it up.

And, just to review, the documentary is called Orwell Rolls In His Grave and is available on You Tube.

The only reason RWs are against net neutrality is because Obama is in favor of it. If the right gets their way, you can bet the RWs will all blame Obama for it. Because everything is his fault and they have no control or responsibility for their own failures.

I object to Net Neutrality because it is bad law that spells the end of a free and open internet.

Of course I am an IT professional who deals with the reality of networking on a daily basis - I don't have the perspective that you KOS Kiddies do.

I object to Net Neutrality because it is bad law that spells the end of a free and open internet.

Of course I am an IT professional who deals with the reality of networking on a daily basis - I don't have the perspective that you KOS Kiddies do.
it's actually the opposite of that.
your op is a very good example of what could happen without net neutrality.

it's actually the opposite of that.
your op is a very good example of what could happen without net neutrality.

Yes, yes, war is peace, slavery is freedom, changing the internet keeps it the same. We've heard your doublethink newspeak.
how do you not understand this? without net neutrality if you have verizon as your provider, they can dictate what information you're able to receive. if they set up their own social networking site, they can decide that facebook is no longer accessible to you. if they decide to endorse one streaming video service over another, you won't get to choose as the consumer which one you like.

and yet you somehow believe that leaving these choices in the hands of internet providers means more freedom for you. it's idiocy, an that makes you an idiot.

They said the same thing about Obamacare. Turns out we were right all along.

Forum List

Back