A Political and Moral dilemma solved: Homosexuality

Let me ask you a simple question, Mr. Right:

What if we treated the 10 Commandments in the same manner, and we told God

"I cant follow that commandment because if conflicts with my conscience!?"

Just how do you think God would react?
This ranks as one of the top ten dumbest questions I've ever heard.

Or is this because you are afraid to answer it?
I'm done with you. You just don't get it. According to you, just because someone is a business owner, they lose their Constitutional right to follow their conscience. No one has the right to force someone to do something that they believe is wrong. No one! Those perverts could have gone to another store. And I'll better there was a place that even advertised gay cakes.
No one on this Board has ever shown an injury from being subjected to marriage equality.
openly embracing homosexual behavior has led to the downfall of many nations. Read some history, why don't you?
No it hasn't.
You are 100% right.

Not buying Homosexuals as anyone more than a tiny minority that has all the rights it needs already.

You don't have to buy anything they believe. But if you open your business to the public, you agree to let them buy anything you sell. It's that simple.
Guess what TK? Those bake shop owners didn't sell GAY wedding cakes!

That's true. They sold wedding cakes. If they were in business, then they have to abide by the laws that govern that business. None of us gets to pick and choose which laws we will abide by.

Your advocacy here is tyrannical to the BONE

Really, so passing laws that ignore the Constitution aren't? I'm not advocating for gay marriage, believe it or not. I am protesting laws which are passed without due consideration of the constitutional implications. Lovely how you just called me a tyrant. Excellent!

Wherein you demand that a tiny and otherwise insignificant minority to turn undermine the viability of civilization.

Where have I said that? It undermines our civilization when we start discriminating against people or pass laws which discriminate against people. And the fact you see one group of your fellow Americans as "insignificant" is quite telling. What right is it of yours to deem who is superior and inferior?

For a right to exist, there MUST be a correlating responsibility that sustains that right.

You can't deny ANYONE the right to exist. Really, you can't. If you don't approve of Abortion, then by that logic you cannot make this kind of argument.

demanding that society accept my kink "or ELSE!"

I'm not demanding anything, I'm simply stating gay marriage bans are unconstitutional. I have said a billion times that I don't care for gay marriage, but you cannot pass these laws because they defy the Constitution.

You're a joke TK... and a pitiful example of such.

Heh. Namecalling... that's cute. Is this how you cover for your lack of a cogent argument?

I DON'T like being told what to think and how to think, what to accept and what I can't by anyone. Just because that's the current popular paradigm. Challenge popular ideals, fight conformity.

Not buying Homosexuals as anyone more than a tiny minority that has all the rights it needs already.

You don't have to buy anything they believe. But if you open your business to the public, you agree to let them buy anything you sell. It's that simple.

Oh my, another "conservative" catches the lavender flu and fully embraces the LGBT PC agenda. Brainwashing apparently works.

I DON'T like being told what to think and how to think, what to accept and what I can't by anyone.

You aren't. But when you open a business, you agree to serve the public. Such agreement would require a cogent thought process in order to make that choice.

Just because that's the current popular paradigm. Challenge popular ideals, fight conformity.

It isn't popularity, it isn't conformity, paradigms or deals, it is the law.

Oh my, another "conservative" catches the lavender flu and fully embraces the LGBT PC agenda. Brainwashing apparently works.

Oh my, another conservative calling me names. For people who champion the Constitution, you don't mind when laws are passed that don't jibe with it. Now, you are no different from a liberal. You can't tolerate a different opinion, nor can you tolerate when someone breaks from you on a certain issue.

Now I know how Jonathan Capehart felt.

Therefore, there is no such thing as "Horse/Man" Marriage, "Duck/Cat" Marriage, or Man/Man Marriage.

Then by that right, I am not advocating for equal treatment of incest, then. You are making the same ludicrous conflation that Homosexuals are incestuous.

ROFL!

As non sequiturs go, THAT is a DOOZY.

You're clearly just making noise, as a means to seek attention.

You final concession is duly noted and accepted.

Now I know that liberals and conservatives are the same. Intolerant of each other's opinions, unforgiving to those who don't hold the exact same ideals. Politics is nothing but a team game to you people.

You also have not addressed why you continually lie about my positions. You lost the moment you started launching your character assassination, completely deviating from your argument, and resorting to using genetic arguments to make your case.

You're pathetic, keys.

TO THE READER:

Note how Keys failed to respond to my query, once again. His final concession or his final, final, final, final (you get the idea) concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

I DON'T like being told what to think and how to think, what to accept and what I can't by anyone.

You aren't. But when you open a business, you agree to serve the public. Such agreement would require a cogent thought process in order to make that choice.

Just because that's the current popular paradigm. Challenge popular ideals, fight conformity.

It isn't popularity, it isn't conformity, paradigms or deals, it is the law.
Yeah, it's law. Gays already have the rights they need, and they are such a small minority, I am at a loss as to how they are having their rights violated when someone doesn't make them a patty cake when it might offend the baker's sensibilities. Somewhere there is a middle ground here, too, don't you think? Gay bakeries that cater to homosexuals? Forcing people to cater to something that offends them, not cool. Not constitutional, I think.

Oh my, another conservative calling me names. For people who champion the Constitution, you don't mind when laws are passed that don't jibe with it. Now, you are no different from a liberal. You can't tolerate a different opinion, nor can you tolerate when someone breaks from you on a certain issue.

I can tolerate different opinions and I didn't call you any names, I just find it amusing that some one can suddenly change their long held morality to suit the latest political correctness.

That was the Bush/Cheney admin

And you were doing so well.

I don't trust when someone quotes only part of a post.

What I said is true.

No it's not. But we aren't discussing Bush or Cheney, nor the economy.

Sorry. I didn't know you were a moderator but you might want to talk to the one who brought it up and whose post I replied to. As far as I can see, you don't have the authority to tell anybody what post they can respond to.

Over the months, I've read some of your posts but with this OP, I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. I could be wrong but with your conservative posts and that whole templar knight fantasy, you come across as really young but already set in cement. But like I say, I'll try to withhold judgment but only if you will stop trying to moderate my posts. If you're a moderator, then please accept my apology.

Gays already have the rights they need, and they are such a small minority, I am at a loss as to how they are having their rights violated when someone doesn't make them a patty cake when it might offend the baker's sensibilities. Somewhere there is a middle ground here, too, don't you think? Gay bakeries that cater to homosexuals?

What does them being a minority have to do with anything? I am at a loss as to how someone would agree to serve the public, but ignore parts of that agreement to pick and choose who they serve. That is a breach of the agreement.

I can tolerate different opinions and I didn't call you any names, I just find it amusing that some one can suddenly change their long held morality to suit the latest political correctness.

It is not politically incorrect to change your mind. I get the distinct impression that changing your mind as a member of one party or the other is expressly forbidden. I don't wish to be a part of that. Sorry.

I have also made it clear throughout this thread that my personal beliefs say homosexuality is sinful and immoral. What isn't immoral is making sure a law, when it is passed, is applied equally to whom it pertains, in accordance with the Constitution.

Forum List

Back