A Question for Rightwingers

Would you support mandated concealed carry?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ah, so you don't get how taxes actually work then. Cool. Thanks for clarifying.

Also, just an FYI, you live in a country that actually did enslave people for about a hundred years. People were robbed of their humanity, their families split-up at AUCTIONS and they were mercilessly and savagely beat for non-compliance. You comparing paying taxes to slavery makes you simultaneously the stupidest and the most poetically ignorant piece of shit on the planet.

Contributing to our infrastructure isn't slavery, you fuck. It's our duty.

slavery,

g0Ohv.gif

I just dislike mandates.

Even the mandate to pay taxes, but at least taxes have a clear reason for existing.

Taxes are unfair. They're a burden on 50% of Americans who pay FEDERAL tax to the benefit of the 50% who do not. Fifty percent of AMERICANS live in slavery today.

Rhetoric alert! Rhetoric alert!

Fact Check: Pastor Rick Warren Tweets ‘HALF of America pays NO taxes’ - ABC News

In fact, 64 percent of the country will pay more in payroll taxes than they do in income taxes this year.
Only 18 percent of people who are old enough to work will escape both income tax and payroll tax. Almost all of them will be retired or unemployed.

We ALL know it means 50% pay nothing in federal INCOME taxes... and it is not like those paying income tax are NOT paying other other taxes the 'poor' pay... taxes are not done under the concept of equal treatment by government under law in our country.. and this is a horrible situation... and it needs to be rectified

Taxes are unfair. They're a burden on 50% of Americans who pay FEDERAL tax to the benefit of the 50% who do not. Fifty percent of AMERICANS live in slavery today.

Rhetoric alert! Rhetoric alert!

Fact Check: Pastor Rick Warren Tweets ‘HALF of America pays NO taxes’ - ABC News

In fact, 64 percent of the country will pay more in payroll taxes than they do in income taxes this year.
Only 18 percent of people who are old enough to work will escape both income tax and payroll tax. Almost all of them will be retired or unemployed.

We ALL know it means 50% pay nothing in federal INCOME taxes... and it is not like those paying income tax are NOT paying other other taxes the 'poor' pay... taxes are not done under the concept of equal treatment by government under law in our country.. and this is a horrible situation... and it needs to be rectified

They don't make enough to be taxed on their income, Genius. Like I said, if you want to go traipsing into someone house that only makes ten grand a year and tell them to pay more, go right ahead. Being a fucking asshole seems to be what you guys are really good at. So have fun with it.

Highest-Paid CEOs Often Earn More Than Company Pays In Income Taxes, Study Finds
Why do half of all Americans pay no federal income taxes? - The Washington Post.
Here's Why Half Of Americans Don't Pay Income Tax

Why Do Some People Pay No Federal Income Tax? - Forbes
It’s also important to recognize that while tax expenditures push many people off the income tax rolls, they provide much larger benefits to higher-income households than to others, measured both in dollar value and as a share of income. Rather than focusing on how relatively modest tax breaks make many of the elderly and low-income workers with children nontaxable, we should keep in mind that high-income households pay a lot less tax than they would without tax expenditures.

http://theincidentaleconomist.com/wordpress/the-old-half-of-americans-pay-no-taxes-line/

Oh, and neg-repping me just because you disagree with my FACTS is fine by me, DiamondDouche. Please, by all means, keep it up. It's not me that has no fucking clue what I'm talking about.

They don't make enough to be taxed on their income, Genius. Like I said, if you want to go traipsing into someone house that only makes ten grand a year and tell them to pay more, go right ahead. Being a fucking asshole seems to be what you guys are really good at. So have fun with it.

Highest-Paid CEOs Often Earn More Than Company Pays In Income Taxes, Study Finds
Why do half of all Americans pay no federal income taxes? - The Washington Post.
Here's Why Half Of Americans Don't Pay Income Tax

Why Do Some People Pay No Federal Income Tax? - Forbes
It’s also important to recognize that while tax expenditures push many people off the income tax rolls, they provide much larger benefits to higher-income households than to others, measured both in dollar value and as a share of income. Rather than focusing on how relatively modest tax breaks make many of the elderly and low-income workers with children nontaxable, we should keep in mind that high-income households pay a lot less tax than they would without tax expenditures.

http://theincidentaleconomist.com/wordpress/the-old-half-of-americans-pay-no-taxes-line/

Oh, and neg-repping me just because you disagree with my FACTS is fine by me, DiamondDouche. Please, by all means, keep it up. It's not me that has no fucking clue what I'm talking about.

you SUBJECTIVELY DEEM that they don't make enough... $1 is enough on income tax as it is on sales tax

There should be NO tax breaks, no loopholes, no deductions, no exemption, no lower limit, no upper cut off, no nothing.. equal treatment by government under law.. equal taxation across the board on every dollar earned by every citizen.. period..

You posted no facts.. you tried an 'ah ha' moment... well, as stated, we all know that when the statement is made about 1/2 of the citizenry of adult age is paying 'no tax', it means FEDERAL INCOME TAX

you are indeed clueless, troll

you SUBJECTIVELY DEEM that they don't make enough... $1 is enough on income tax as it is on sales tax

Aren't you the one who just told me that sales tax and income tax are two different things? Are you telling me there are people in this country living off of a dollar a year? I didn't think so. So this first point is Totes McGotes bullshit.

There should be NO tax breaks, no loopholes, no deductions, no exemption, no lower limit, no upper cut off, no nothing.. equal treatment by government under law.. equal taxation across the board on every dollar earned by every citizen.. period..

Flat taxes don't work. Period.

You want to model your economy after these countries'?

Flat tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tell me, genius, where's all the revenue lost from cutting taxes on the rich EVEN FURTHER going to come from? You really believe that taxing the lower 50% the same as the upper 1% will balance out?

You.are.fucking.cray.cray.

You posted no facts.. you tried an 'ah ha' moment... well, as stated, we all know that when the statement is made about 1/2 of the citizenry of adult age is paying 'no tax', it means FEDERAL INCOME TAX

I did post facts. The facts are that most people do not make enough money to be taxed Federally. Do you own your home? Have you paid it off? Do you want to lose your mortgage deduction credit? If you've already paid your house off but expect others to give up the credit you got the whole time, you're just another old, wrinkle-sacked bastard who wants "MINE MINE MINE!" but don't want others to have the help you got.

I guess I'm saying, "Fuck your face."

Troll? Sure. Clueless? Uh, that's the AIDS calling the cancer fatal.

I know a lot of you have a gun thing going on...
how many of you would support the idea of mandated concealed carry?
The Queen Mother of Useful Idiots asks a question with an obvious answer:

Having a right to do something means you also have the right to NOT do that something.

HOWever... if you agree with the recent decision on Obamacare, you cannot disagree with the federal government taxing you should such mandate come down and you choose to not carry a gun.

Last edited:

Why do you direct your question at right wingers only you don't think there are left wingers who like guns and like to shoot as well? Just out of curiosity would you support this if it were mandated or would you consider it vast overreach by the Government?

fair question. i asked rightwingers b/c i know most of you object to the mandate. and i was wondering if such a mandate would offend if it involved gun ownership, which i know most on the right support.

i didn't have to ask those questions of the left leaners. plus, the thread arose from an exchange between me and two thumbs.

The government can not mandate an individual to buy anything... whether it be guns or insurance.

Aren't you the one who just told me that sales tax and income tax are two different things? Are you telling me there are people in this country living off of a dollar a year? I didn't think so. So this first point is Totes McGotes bullshit.

Tell me, genius, where's all the revenue lost from cutting taxes on the rich EVEN FURTHER going to come from? You really believe that taxing the lower 50% the same as the upper 1% will balance out?

I did post facts. The facts are that most people do not make enough money to be taxed Federally. Do you own your home? Have you paid it off? Do you want to lose your mortgage deduction credit? If you've already paid your house off but expect others to give up the credit you got the whole time, you're just another old, wrinkle-sacked bastard who wants "MINE MINE MINE!" but don't want others to have the help you got.

Flat taxes CAN work.. hell, it is you guys complaining about all the deductions, differing types of income, upper level ceilings for SS tax, etc... and you also neglect to realize that a rate would be determined for what is needed for taxation.. AND when you couple that with spending cuts, a flat tax can be made to work....

Nobody should be exempt.... the exemption and subjective reasoning behind it is why we are in this mess in the first place

And no... you did not state any fact.... $1 is enough to be taxed.... unfortunately, you and your ILK SUBJECTIVELY exclude people from being taxed... it is not that they cannot, it is that for vote pandering they are not taxed

Do I want mine?? Yep... I want mine to be treated EXACTLY like others... you know, that who thing you just cannot grasp of equal treatment by government under law

Flat taxes CAN work.. hell, it is you guys complaining about all the deductions, differing types of income, upper level ceilings for SS tax, etc... and you also neglect to realize that a rate would be determined for what is needed for taxation.. AND when you couple that with spending cuts, a flat tax can be made to work....

Nobody should be exempt.... the exemption and subjective reasoning behind it is why we are in this mess in the first place

And no... you did not state any fact.... $1 is enough to be taxed.... unfortunately, you and your ILK SUBJECTIVELY exclude people from being taxed... it is not that they cannot, it is that for vote pandering they are not taxed

Do I want mine?? Yep... I want mine to be treated EXACTLY like others... you know, that who thing you just cannot grasp of equal treatment by government under law

You're right, it can work.

Just travel to one of these countries, and EXPERIENCE Flat Tax Utopia!

1. Albania (10%) [35][36]
  2. BIH [20]
  3. Bulgaria [37]
  4. Estonia [38][39][40]
  5. Georgia [40][41]
  6. Guernsey [42]
  7. Hungary
  8. Iceland
  9. Iraq [43][44][45] It is not clear how effectively the Iraqi tax is being collected in practice.
  10. Jamaica
  11. Jersey [46]
  12. Kazakhstan [47]
  13. Kyrgyzstan [42]
  14. Latvia [40]
  15. Lithuania [40][48]
  16. Macedonia [42][49]
  17. Mauritius [42]
  18. Mongolia [50]
  19. Montenegro [51]
  20. Romania [40]
  21. Russia [40][52]
  22. Serbia [53]
  23. Slovakia [40]
  24. Trinidad and Tobago
  25. Ukraine [40][54]

Gotta be one on the all-time stupiest questions on USMB.. It shows an utter misunderstanding of the role of responsibility and liberty.

How about I start a poll about your uterus --- something like :

Hey Lefties -- would you be in favor of REQUIRING one abortion for all mothers for every one borne alive.

Surely you'd think I was a moron..

Last edited:

Why the absolutes? It's not black and white in my mind!

I support a version of concealed carry, but with very very rigorous background checks (greater than the Brady Bill), limitations (any business can opt out of allowing guns in their establishment and violations of that prohibition is a crime, can't carry near or in schools or daycares unless you're a teacher or security guard with a special permit, can't drink while carrying similar to DUI etc.).

Lastly no Muslims are able to carry or even own a gun! :razz::badgrin:

Gotta be one on the all-time stupiest questions on USMB.
Well, it -is- Jillian we're talking about - you have to expect these things.
its so much fun watching the board stupid contingent trying to insult me.
Aww... does your puddy hurt? Less time on your back might help that.

Your bigoted, partisan dumbassery is legendary; every time you post, you only further reinforce that legend.

By all means continue -- and while you're at it, tell us how you'd oppose the tax laid upon you by the government for refusing its mandate to carry a concealed weapon.

Well, it -is- Jillian we're talking about - you have to expect these things.

Your bigoted, partisan dumbassery is legendary; every time you post, you only further reinforce that legend.

By all means continue -- and while you're at it, tell us how you'd oppose the tax laid upon you by the government for refusing its mandate to carry a concealed weapon.

You're dumb. And gross.

You're dumb. And gross.

You're dodging the relevant and directly related issue presented here, just like Jillian, who started this thread.

What's that make you?

You're dumb. And gross.

You're dodging the relevant and directly related issue presented here, just like Jillian, who started this thread.

What's that make you?

Smarter than you; clearly.

Forum List

Back